Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 37
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• Suggestion should have ability for members to delete their own posts if they realize they need to delete it for reasons like violation of rules or just delete it for whatever reason.

• @pointaction said:
    Suggestion should have ability for members to delete their own posts if they realize they need to delete it for reasons like violation of rules or just delete it for whatever reason.

I thought you just PM'd a mod nicely and they did it?

• pointaction said: Suggestion should have ability for members to delete their own posts if they realize they need to delete it for reasons like violation of rules or just delete it for whatever reason.

This could be problematic once you get 20, 30... or more responses. Especially if you're thread starter. A lot of people would like to see their old threads gone, but with comments by others thread doesn't belong just to thread starter anymore.

There's still option to edit post or to flag post to moderators, etc.. and let forum staff to decide what's best way to deal with potentially problematic thread/post.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Pwner
  • I recommend best answer option.

Questioner can select best answer, it would be help to users choose final solution.

• @dj1812 said:
    I recommend best answer option.

This place used to be a Q&A. web.archive.org/web/20110714085718/http://lowendtalk.com/questions/7546/allow-a-user-sftpscp-or-ftp-access-to-just-a-site

I myself prefer a forum instead of a Q&A site. I bet others do too, because LET is been running as forum for the past few years.

Thanked by 2Spirit vRozenSch00n
  • It would be helpful to have a button appear at the bottom of the screen that says something to the effect of "go to the top" when you've scrolled down your list of posts. Just a suggestion :)

Thanked by 1SNetworks1
  • Time LET put in place a system to answer the requests. Yes/No or in a queue. Useful to know where we stand.
    Looks like now it's kind of a russian roulette.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

AnthonySmith said: I have noticed in the last few months LET takes about 7 seconds to actually load fully, the bulk of the content displays fine but the page itself takes a long time to finish loading.

This is annoying because if you have notifications the js does not work for about 7 seconds and just takes you to your notifications page instead of showing you your notifications in the preview box.

opened the javascript console in chrome and the issue seems to be related to the 2nd GET request:

GET http://lowendtalk.com/uploads/userpics/159/n0TE7Q3HZ3HHT.png 404 (OK) (index):284

GET http://p.twitter.com/f.gif?_=1371780736165&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&scre…A%2F%2Flowendtalk.com%2F&twttr_widget=0&twttr_hask=0&twttr_li=0&twttr_pid= net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED follow_button.1371247185.html:1
    'HTMLHeadElement.profile' is deprecated. The reflected attribute has no effect.
    If someone could fix that it would probably reduce load, reduce load times which in turn helps your google like you :)

Still broken, affecting every page load, slowing the whole site down.

Please fix it.

• Just need to update the code in the template file for the follow button it seems.

https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons#follow

@MrObvious said:
    Just need to update the code in the template file for the follow button it seems.

https://about.twitter.com/resources/buttons#follow

Yep the whole site has been running like shit in terms of edits, notifications, PM's etc as a result of this for about 2 months now.

• fwiw it's probably my fault in the first place, considering I did the theme for the new version of Vanilla, lol.

I just copied the old button from the old footer :(

• @MrOvinous how very dare you ;)

• rokokrokok Member
    edited December 2014

i dont know if this already been discuss or something on purpose delisting LET homepage/mainpage from search engine? or to avoid dupe /discussions ?

googling lowendtalk showing offers category on top

view-source:http://lowendtalk.com/
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex,noarchive" />

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited December 2014

@rokok said:

It is a business, the offers being the entry-point from Google makes perfect sense.

That being said, it prevents duplicate content such as http://lownedtalk.com/xx/p1 for the category thread listings, or from going under multiple pages on the home page.

Vanilla needs proper sitemap / archive generation, that would solve this issue I think. There's no mod for it so far?

AnthonySmith said: AnthonySmith Member

November 29 Flag
    AnthonySmith said: I have noticed in the last few months LET takes about 7 seconds to actually load fully, the bulk of the content displays fine but the page itself takes a long time to finish loading.

This is annoying because if you have notifications the js does not work for about 7 seconds and just takes you to your notifications page instead of showing you your notifications in the preview box.

opened the javascript console in chrome and the issue seems to be related to the 2nd GET request:

GET http://lowendtalk.com/uploads/userpics/159/n0TE7Q3HZ3HHT.png 404 (OK) (index):284 GET http://p.twitter.com/f.gif?_=1371780736165&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&scre…A%2F%2Flowendtalk.com%2F&twttr_widget=0&twttr_hask=0&twttr_li=0&twttr_pid= net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED follow_button.1371247185.html:1 'HTMLHeadElement.profile' is deprecated. The reflected attribute has no effect. If someone could fix that it would probably reduce load, reduce load times which in turn helps your google like you :)

Still broken, affecting every page load, slowing the whole site down.

Please fix it.

Still broke....

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited December 2014

Why not delete or archive this thread instead of leaving it in the 'Shared/reseller offers' forum? Do you really need to have his head on a pike? I understand that 'sz1' is allegedly responsible for a number of DDoS attacks, but has he ever scammed anyone?

I'm mostly asking because I was going to start offering free scammers.fail subdomains with a suggested donation, but didn't want to make a thread above that one.

• Yes, no need for that. Removed.

Thanked by 1lowtron
    edited December 2014

Common guys, its 1 line to update in 1 file, fix the god damn site, I cant believe anyone that gives even half a shit would leave it broken for so long!

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    Common guys, its 1 line to update in 1 file, fix the god damn site, I cant believe anyone that gives even half a shit would leave it broken for so long!

To fix what?

We have an update pending action from @SysAdmin that should fix most bugs.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2014

Suggestion: prohibit comments that amount to "pm me" or "open a sales ticket with us". These are not at all useful, people who post in Requests could open sales ticket with every provider on LEB but they make a post specifically to narrow it down. So should require every comment that advertises services of a company that commenter is associated with to include an order link (which does not involve additional contact) or link to LEB/LET ad. If people still want to say "pm me", then they should do so over PM, if they fail to do that they should be banned.

• @perennate said:
    Suggestion: prohibit comments that amount to "pm me" or "open a sales ticket with us". These are not at all useful, people who post in Requests could open sales ticket with every provider on LEB but they make a post specifically to narrow it down. So should require every comment that advertises services of a company that commenter is associated with to include an order link (which does not involve additional contact) or link to LEB/LET ad. If people still want to say "pm me", then they should do so over PM, if they fail to do that they should be banned.

"pm me" sounds like a request, how could you be so harsh and ban someone for requesting this?

Thanked by 1perennate
  • perennate said: Suggestion: prohibit comments that amount to "pm me" or "open a sales ticket with us". These are not at all useful, people who post in Requests could open sales ticket with every provider on LEB but they make a post specifically to narrow it down. So should require every comment that advertises services of a company that commenter is associated with to include an order link (which does not involve additional contact) or link to LEB/LET ad. If people still want to say "pm me", then they should do so over PM, if they fail to do that they should be banned.

I'm not sure what problem that solves? Why do you see this as an issue?

• I prefer to see "pm me" instead of "please check the offers section" ;-)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Can we have like a 14-20 day rule or something for related but non-VPS offers (services that compliment VPS offers)?

That means 18-26 offers a year, as opposed to 12. Because seriously, @Jar's offers are better than many of the VPS offers here.

Thanked by 2Darwin Pwner
  • DarwinDarwin Member
    edited December 2014

@0xdragon said:
    Can we have like a 14-20 day rule or something for related but non-VPS offers (services that compliment VPS offers)?

That means 18-26 offers a year, as opposed to 12. Because seriously, Jar's offers are better than many of the VPS offers here.

If let allowed, I would like to thank you 1000 times.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited December 2014

Hire more moderators. Seriously.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited December 2014

0xdragon said: Hire more moderators. Seriously.

Or maybe an ignore function that hides all posts written by the ignored user?

Thanked by 10xdragon
This discussion has been closed.