Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have a valid OnePlus invitation to sell?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have a valid OnePlus invitation to sell?

sumosumo Member
edited August 2014 in Requests

Looking for a OnePlus invitation to purchase the North American model? PM me your price and when the invitation expires. I can pay via PayPal.

Thank you.

Comments

• sumosumo Member
    edited September 2014

I am also open to trade a 50% off MX Route promo code for a One Plus invitation.

• They scratch very easily. Just sayin'

Thanked by 1ehab
  • sumosumo Member
    edited September 2014

@jhadley said:
    They scratch very easily. Just sayin'

The screen or the body?

• sumo said: The screen or the body?

The screen.

• @jhadley said:
    The screen.

Thank you for sharing, that's good to know. I'll have to get a screen protector if I ever get an invitation.

• Mine has been fine. I keep it facing my wallet when it's in my pocket.

• That's one way to do it. Wallet = "removable screen protector"

• Mine's been pretty amazing so far. I'm probably jinxing myself, but it's doing fine in my pocket with no protector.

Unfortunately, no invites have come my way, and I've promised a good friend he gets first dibs :(

• I'm also hoping to buy an invitation too, so if you have a few, give it to sumo first, and if you have a spare one, I'll pay for it :)

• @zombiekiller753 said:
    Mine's been pretty amazing so far. I'm probably jinxing myself, but it's doing fine in my pocket with no protector.

Unfortunately, no invites have come my way, and I've promised a good friend he gets first dibs :(

I appreciate being kept in mind. If one is available, I'd certainly be interested.

• Why the OnePlus? What's so great about it? I've seen the website and wasn't impressed by it at all - you can buy much better phones without invite in the phone stores.

• Comes down to value to buy a phone outright and the supplied OS. I'm not a fan of stock Android and don't want to go through the trouble of dealing it with myself. Also not a fan of phone contracts. Alternative stock Android phones would be the Galaxy S5 and the Nexus 5. An alternative custom Android phone would be a later model Xiaomi.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

xiaomi is awesome. MI 3 for 220 USD .

• @cfgguy said:
    xiaomi is awesome. MI 3 for 220 USD .

I've thinking about that as an alternative if I can't get a One Plus in a couple of months (don't need a phone right away). Where did you buy yours at?

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

India. > @sumo said:

I've thinking about that as an alternative if I can't get a One Plus in a couple of months (don't need a phone right away). Where did you buy yours at?

• I see, too far for me. I thought most people in the US pick them up off eBay.

• @Mark_R said:
    Why the OnePlus? What's so great about it? I've seen the website and wasn't impressed by it at all - you can buy much better phones without invite in the phone stores.

People probably like it because it's "exclusive"

IMO they're ugly as hell

• @hostnoob said:
    People probably like it because it's "exclusive"

>

IMO they're ugly as hell

Personally, I find the "exclusive" part annoying. If I needed a phone soon, I wouldn't even bother with them.

As for the ugly part, phones are pretty utilitarian for my needs. Functionality, quality, and ergonomics have to be good.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • blackblack Member
    edited September 2014

@Mark_R said:
    Why the OnePlus? What's so great about it? I've seen the website and wasn't impressed by it at all - you can buy much better phones without invite in the phone stores.

Like? The reason I bought it is because the cyanogenmod team is working with OnePlus. I remember using cyanogenmod on Google's first android phone, the G1 and had a positive experience.

sumo said: Personally, I find the "exclusive" part annoying. If I needed a phone soon, I wouldn't even bother with them.

Yeah, the invite system sucks but looking at things from OnePlus' side, they have very limited stock, support, etc. They have to release it incrementally, so the invite system sort of works. If they find any major issues, they can fix it in the next batch.

• @black said:
    Yeah, the invite system sucks but looking at things from OnePlus' side, they have very limited stock, support, etc. They have to release it incrementally, so the invite system sort of works. If they find any major issues, they can fix it in the next batch.

That I get and agree with you. I appreciate the incremental fixes. But it still sucks. Depending on how long they plan to have very limited supply and continue to make it invitation only, it may backfire on them.

• Anyway OnePlus looking to get off the invite system by October

• @xDragonZ said:
    Anyway OnePlus looking to get off the invite system by October

Eh, it wasn't a solid announcement, I wouldn't count on it. They just admitted to some screen issues (I haven't experienced this myself) so I don't expect them to allow mass orders anytime soon..... or would they?

• Mark_R said: Why the OnePlus? What's so great about it? I've seen the website and wasn't impressed by it at all - you can buy much better phones without invite in the phone stores.

Price for value and network support. The MediaTek-based China phones seem to be barely, finally, coming out with LTE.. and the vast majority of the 3G phones you can get on DX etc. don't support any American networks.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

@black said:
    Like? The reason I bought it is because the cyanogenmod team is working with OnePlus. I remember using cyanogenmod on Google's first android phone, the G1 and had a positive experience.

Like? what do you look for when purchasing a phone? - this is a very personal prefference and in my case I would never end up with an android powered phone no matter how powerful the hardware of the phone may be, my own phone of choice is the Nokia Lumia 710 - at first you might be judging it by the Model number, Date of release, Hardware, Operation system but personally I like to judge a phone by how it fits into your lifestyle and how everything together makes the phone that can fulfill your demands - the nokia lumia 710 runs windows phone 7.5 by default and it integrates perfectly with all other microsoft products that im using (skydrive, xbox, office, etc) ontop of that the OS runs flawless without any bugs and I have yet to encounter any freeze, crash, or other instability! its solid, optimized, secure and that is why I would pick a phone that runs using Windows Phone 7.5+ instead of android! I choose the Nokia Lumia 710 as hardware model because it is utilizing everything out of the OS and makes a perfect match.

• @Mark_R said:

Yeah I bought mine mainly because of CyanogenMod. The hardware is good but it's overkill for me. For some reason I like to use an OS that pushes major updates every ~month.

• @black said:

That's like the only downside with the windows phone software - an update does make or break it feature-wise. After I ran windows phone 7.5 for the first time I had a feature called "Tethering" one update later they removed this feature!! The next update brought it back again! So now I'm pretty much done using the updater, everything just works as it should so ill leave it like that.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I should have some shareable invites soon and will toss one your way via pm as soon as I do.

Also keep an eye on their forums. People give theirs away all the time.

Thanked by 1sumo
  • @agoldenberg said:
    I should have some shareable invites soon and will toss one your way via pm as soon as I do.

:O

• @agoldenberg said:

I tried for so long to get an invite on their forums, they get snatched up too quick. Eventually I went the scumbag route and bought mine. No regrets :P

• @black said:
    Eh, it wasn't a solid announcement, I wouldn't count on it. They just admitted to some screen issues (I haven't experienced this myself) so I don't expect them to allow mass orders anytime soon..... or would they?

IMO they might do flash sales/pre sales just like xiaomi phone.

black said: I tried for so long to get an invite on their forums, they get snatched up too quick. Eventually I went the scumbag route and bought mine. No regrets :P

Got mine via grey imported set from China. http://www.oneplus.cn/yijiashouji :p