Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] E-mail Hosting - Don't miss this insane offer.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] E-mail Hosting - Don't miss this insane offer.

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited August 2014 in Offers

Hey everyone! While I have a lot of friends here any at least a few of you have seen my previous offers, many of you may not know who I am and I would like to introduce myself to you, as well as my product. I'll try to make it easy to skip for those of you more interested in the offers.

The Story

I am a recovering LowEndTalk addict with a passion for Linux server management and an obsession with all things that can be described with "it just works." I think that the quality of a product is found not in it's cost or marketing budget, but in consistency. Consistency in what exactly? Performing the task that it was created to perform, without error, without interruption.

I am also a firm believer that quality can be had at low cost. Quality is not necessarily expensive, but one must effectively calculate the cost of scaling the operation while understanding that said scale is anything but linear in this industry. I consider myself to be very skilled in just that and this is why I believe that I should be the provider of e-mail for your domain.

MXroute went through many phases as a concept before it became an active business, for at least a year. Long before it's name was written, it's existence was inevitable and I knew it. E-mail hosting is a market that has many choices, but almost none of the choices fall in line with what we know to be possible here at LowEndTalk due to the proven VPS market. They all seem to follow an out of date pricing and structure. I knew I wanted someone to shake up the market, and ultimately I know that it would be me.

The MXroute team consists of myself, @ryanarp, and Christine.

The Offers

(A very special offer at the bottom)

I am introducing three new MXroute packages exclusively at LowEndTalk. You guys get the first go at our new line of plans that were designed to benefit people who simply have greater needs than our current plans can fit.

MX350

20GB Storage

Unlimited Domains

Unlimited Accounts

$3.50/m

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=10

MX500

40GB Storage

Unlimited Domains

Unlimited Accounts

$5.00/m

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=11

MX700

75GB Storage

Unlimited Domains

Unlimited Accounts

$7.00/m

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=12

The promo codes from our previous offer apply to these plans as well.

Promo Code: MX10

10% off recurring for the life of the service.

Promo Code: TRYMX

20% off first billing cycle.

Oh and there's just....

I want your help. I want you to write tutorials for MXroute's support page, in the style of these articles:

https://mxroute.com/guide-ios.html

https://mxroute.com/guide-dkim.html

I want step by step guides with screenshots. Comment in this thread stating which tutorial you want to make and within 24 hours I will contact you to finalize the deal. Your reward? You will receive a discount of 50% on any MXroute service recurring for the life of your service.

Here are the topics:

• How to set up your account on Outlook 2007.
  • How to set up your account on Outlook 2008 Mac.
  • How to set up your account on Outlook 2010.
  • How to set up your account on Outlook 2011 Mac.
  • How to set up your account on Outlook 2013.
  • How to set up your account on Windows Live Mail.
  • How to set up your account on Android (any version).
  • How to set up your account on Blackberry.
  • How to set up your account with Gmail's Mail Fetcher.
  • How to set up your account on Mac Mail (OS 10.8 or above).
  • How to set up your account on Thunderbird (latest version, Windows preferred).
  • How to add mail domain in MXroute panel.
  • How to create e-mail account in MXroute panel.

The limit is 3 articles per individual. You can receive up to 3 promo codes for 50% off (recurring) on any of our products. You can use them, sell them, give them away, whatever you want. Sure I could write all of these myself, but why miss out on an awesome opportunity to delegate the work while simultaneously giving out the single greatest offer that MXroute has ever given.

I thank you guys for your time, and I look forward to providng you with quality mail service!

Comments

• /tips hat to you/

Thanked by 1jar
  • thekreekthekreek Member
    edited August 2014

Can I take the writing of the guides for Opera Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Mozilla Thunderbird?
    Also, how do you want them delivered (markdown, word, pdf, text file)?

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@thekreek said:
    Can I take the writing of the guides for Opera Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Mozilla Thunderbird?
    Also, how do you want them delivered (markdown, word, pdf, text file)?

I didn't think about Opera mail but I accept your proposal. I'll email you tomorrow evening with 3 promo codes for 50% off. You can send these in any format that doesn't require me to download paid commercial software to read it, as long as it is step by step with screenshots where relevant :)

• As far as I understand, you will provide email hosting for customers. I understand that you use SPF and DKIM, but how could you be sure that your emails can reach inbox? How if one user sends spam email and finally causes blacklisting for other customers?

If your service is something that can compete Rackspace Email, I am willing to try

said: - How to add mail domain in MXroute panel.

Let me try this :-) I just need one to try out the service, so left other articles if other members are interested in.

Thanked by 1jar

@nhocconan said:
    As far as I understand, you will provide email hosting for customers. I understand that you use SPF and DKIM, but how could you be sure that your emails can reach inbox? How if one user sends spam email and finally causes blacklisting for other customers?

If your service is something that can compete Rackspace Email, I am willing to try

Let me try this :-) I just need one to try out the service, so left other articles if other members are interested in.

Great question! I cannot guarantee the reputation of your domain, but I can guarantee that if we catch an abusive client on MXroute the IP address that sent the spam will be out of rotation for at least 48 hours. Backup plans do exist to transparently resolve the issue without service interruption or any effort required from clients.

Logs are audited once daily at minimum and often more. Logs do not reveal private information, but they tell me who rejected mail and what error they returned when they did. Recognizing trends and compensating for potential issues before they occur is something of a trained skill for me. I very much enjoy keeping things very clean and I have been known to contact other email providers often to negotiate any issues that arise.

Add mail domain tutorial is yours, I'll check back with you tomorrow :)

If you want to test the service so that you can accurately write the article and then you want to apply the discount later, I'll refund you the difference and adjust your account :)

• May I go for the "How to set up your account on Outlook 2013."? (I don't believe it's already taken)

Thanked by 1jar

@skybucks100 said:

May I go for the "How to set up your account on Outlook 2013."? (I don't believe it's already taken)

You got it! I'll contact you tomorrow evening to finalize the deal :)

• I will take a shot at "How to set up your account on Mac Mail". Thanks for the offer!

• AcacyAcacy Member
    edited August 2014

I wanna try this :D

• How to set up your account on Android.
    • How to set up your account with Gmail's Mail Fetcher.

soon ill send u PM

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@skybucks100 said:

I started watching you're the worst last night, it's a really good show.

On another note, good work @Jar! I was waiting for plans like these.

Have you considered adding a function for piping incoming mail to a URL?

• @trewq said:
    I started watching you're the worst last night, it's a really good show.

Actually, haven't watched the show. Just saw the GIF on imgur the other day and had a chuckle :) I'll give You're The Worst a go, thanks for the recommendation!

Thanked by 1trewq
  • Jar said: If you want to test the service so that you can accurately write the article and then you want to apply the discount later, I'll refund you the difference and adjust your account :)

No problem, I will use the 10% code first to try out the service. Of course I choose that article to try the service, so I must register :-)

• WhoaWhoa Member

I can do these two :

• How to set up your account on Windows Live Mail.
    • How to set up your account on Windows Phone. (Not in your list, as of now)
  • said: How to create e-mail account in MXroute panel.

I can do this :)

Thanked by 1switsys
  • Great offer brother!

Thanked by 2ryanarp jar
  • sumosumo Member

@Jar said: E-mail hosting is a market that has many choices, but almost none of the choices fall in line with what we know to be possible here at LowEndTalk due to the proven VPS market. They all seem to follow an out of date pricing and structure. I knew I wanted someone to shake up the market, and ultimately I know that it would be me.

I like supporting businesses that fill a need and have operators who are grounded. From what I've read about you on LET, you seem like the kind of individual who cares about providing a good value service. I've also had a plan with Ryan a bit ago and can say the same about him. I don't have any interaction with Christine and will assume she wouldn't be there unless she was similar. I'm interested in giving your service a try, just have a few questions before deciding on a plan.

My questions are:
    1) How is my data protected once it's on your servers? For example, is data encrypted?
    2) Other than your price structure and being focused squarely in email (at least for now), how do you differ from competitors such as Zoho Mail?
    3) Under your TOS in the "Server Abuse" section, you the following sentence: "This includes abuse of the server’s CPU and RAM resources to a degree that effects the performance of other customers on your server.". Does that apply to MXroute customers since we don't actually manage the servers? If it does apply, how do we tell that we would be abusing any of your servers?

• wychwych Member

Your making it really tempting to try out @Jar.

• @Jar I am really interested in this service and was really hoping that you have some kind of API or are already working on it ?
    I like the fact that you have chosen to offer unlimited domains because mailgun e.g. limits it to 5 only while I have hundreds to manage.

The other thing I am concerned about is the longevity of this service, please dont take this the wrong way but I am concerned as to whether you will be able to sustain this business against the risk of getting ips blacklisted, the constant struggle to get them white listed again, multiple backups of email servers, cost of securing such personal data, all at the very nice low pricing you are offering at the moment. I guess what I am trying to ask before I put any eggs in your basket is that if you have a strong plan for the future and you are already eying a sustainable business expansion? Nevertheless, I only wish the best for you.

edited August 2014

Thanks guys! I will be following up with everyone who has expressed interest in or sent me tutorials. This is penciled in for 4pm (CDT) today.

@sumo said:
    My questions are: 1) How is my data protected once it's on your servers? For example, is data encrypted? 2) Other than your price structure and being focused squarely in email (at least for now), how do you differ from competitors such as Zoho Mail? 3) Under your TOS in the "Server Abuse" section, you the following sentence: "This includes abuse of the server’s CPU and RAM resources to a degree that effects the performance of other customers on your server.". Does that apply to MXroute customers since we don't actually manage the servers? If it does apply, how do we tell that we would be abusing any of your servers?

Great questions!

1. Daily backups local and remote, frequent security audits. No encryption on content unless you do this to your mail before it is stored.

2. My focus is simplicity, stability, and low cost. I've never used Zoho but I imagine they offer something more of a collaboration suite.

3. Technically this does. There are ways to abuse these. For example, storing 3 million emails in your inbox and spamming the backup queue would increase disk latency overall and elevate server load.

@raza19 said:
    Jar I am really interested in this service and was really hoping that you have some kind of API or are already working on it ?
    I like the fact that you have chosen to offer unlimited domains because mailgun e.g. limits it to 5 only while I have hundreds to manage.

The other thing I am concerned about is the longevity of this service, please dont take this the wrong way but I am concerned as to whether you will be able to sustain this business against the risk of getting ips blacklisted, the constant struggle to get them white listed again, multiple backups of email servers, cost of securing such personal data, all at the very nice low pricing you are offering at the moment. I guess what I am trying to ask before I put any eggs in your basket is that if you have a strong plan for the future and you are already eying a sustainable business expansion? Nevertheless, I only wish the best for you.

User level API is not on my to-do list but I will give this some consideration. As for longevity, MXroute will not be going anywhere. The business plan has different phases and this can be seen in the changes made to offerings over time. No one will ever have their service price increased, but the raising in prices from the beginning to now were planned. It is profitable and the overhead is low. Automation will scale with needs to reduce support requirements and by limiting the feature set this remains productive.

If I were to fall over dead today, MXroute would continue as though nothing changed.

The cost of multiple backups is a good point, but this is where creativity comes into play. I reduce overhead by being a skilled shopper, and where the backups are stored remotely today may not be where they are stored tomorrow, but they will always be secure.

As for IP reputation, this is easy for me to manage as I have good automation in place to shut down problems before they escalate too high. I won't be specific, as it would be stating the rules for circumventing it.

• @Jar said:

>

I reallyyy would like to see an API in the works, thats the only thing stopping this great value for money service battling giants like mailgun & if that means hard limits on smtp and such , so be it, in fact I would welcome that.

Looking forward to the API then.

@raza19 said:
    Looking forward to the API then.

I'm not familiar with mailgun. Mind shooting me a message when you get some time and describing the API functionality you are looking for? I was thinking mail account provisioning but now I think you might have something different in mind. I like development challenges :)

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited August 2014

@Jar said:
    API functionality you are looking for?

1) ** Most Importantly ; the addition/deletion of a domain(s) against an mxroute account**

2) addition/deletion of individual email accounts against already present domains

3) automated configs which allow me to use ur smtp server on behalf of those domains

4) enabling/disabling imap access (would be good to have this feature but not entirely necessary)

Imagine later on if you make a plugin for wordpress, cPanel other systems where at a click of button they can switch from using their own email to yours for a small fee but thats different from the API though.

If I have such an API I can gladly integrate it with other signups procedures within my own websites/portals, thereby automatically making email accounts against domains purchased on the fly.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Dang, if I hadn't already purchased a plan from buyvm/buyshared for email I would have jumped on this on. Great prices!

• sumosumo Member

@Jar

What's the privacy policy in regards to our email? Since there are no ads, I am assuming no scanning. What about policies from prying eyes? This is particularly important for business emails and confidential emails.

@sumo said:
    What's the privacy policy in regards to our email? Since there are no ads, I am assuming no scanning. What about policies from prying eyes? This is particularly important for business emails and confidential emails.

Great question! I suppose I could add a point in our privacy policy to clarify, it's usually not something that crosses my mind because truth be told I consider reading someone else's e-mail to be a liability for which I stand only to lose, not gain. I of course have the ability to read your e-mail, but a strong preference to not see it.

All that interests me is sender, recipient, date/time, and bounce errors. Basically the exim logs that allow me to gather stats and determine whether the server is healthy.

Tutorials available:

• How to set up your account on Outlook 2008 Mac.
    • How to set up your account on Outlook 2010.
    • How to set up your account on Outlook 2011 Mac.
    • How to set up your account on Blackberry.

Tutorials taken:

• How to set up your account on Outlook 2007. - thekreek
    • How to set up your account on Outlook 2013. - skybucks100
    • How to set up your account on Windows Live Mail. - whoa
    • How to set up your account on Android (any version). - acacy
    • How to set up your account with Gmail's Mail Fetcher. - acacy
    • How to set up your account on Mac Mail (OS 10.8 or above). - brightfire
    • How to set up your account on Thunderbird. - thekreek
    • How to add mail domain in MXroute panel. - nhocconan
    • How to create e-mail account in MXroute panel. - 0xdragon
    • How to set up your account with Opera Mail. - thekreek
    • How to set up your account with Windows Phone. - whoa

@trewq said:
    Have you considered adding a function for piping incoming mail to a URL?

Just caught this, sorry! This is an interesting idea. I suppose it would require fairly specific cooperation on the other side. What would the motive of this be?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Jar said:
    Just caught this, sorry! This is an interesting idea. I suppose it would require fairly specific cooperation on the other side. What would the motive of this be?

Not necessarily, just piping a json string with all the email data in a standard format should be enough. What backend do you use for MXRoute?

Some people may require it for Web Apps, it is much much easier than checking a POP3 server.

@sumo said:

Policy clarified :)

https://mxroute.com/privacy.html

@trewq said:
    Not necessarily, just piping a json string with all the email data in a standard format should be enough. What backend do you use for MXRoute?

>

Some people may require it for Web Apps, it is much much easier than checking a POP3 server.

An interesting thought for sure, which is how most of the features start. The back end is an installation of VestaCP and that which it installs, but at this point there's not a standard script in /usr/local/vesta/bin and I have found it an excellent platform to build upon.

Thanked by 1sumo
  • sumosumo Member

@Jar

Now that's what I call a fast turn around! Thank you.

• Entourage 2008 for Mac and Outlook 2011 for Mac completed and delivered. Thank you for the promo codes.

Thanked by 1jar