Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pending...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pending...

desperanddesperand Member
edited June 2014 in General

pending. There are few things i'm get right now to my email. I wont to say bad words to Edis.at due not fix and understand that problems

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    William

he knows

• nerouxneroux Member

Shocked about what? From what I understand, you had a service, you did not cancel it and it got renewed.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • wychwych Member

You should have cancelled it before the billing date.

The service was active and you enabled a subscription payment for it so you got billed.

EDIS did nothing wrong, you just didn't cancel it in time.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Seems like from my view, you set up a recurring payment (Subscription), didn't disable that recurring payment, and blaming it on the provider.

shrugs

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited June 2014

Man up and learn to take responsibility for the results of your ... incorrect assumptions.

Also, learn how payment processors and subscriptions work.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Here we go with this old chestnut again.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

I don't even know where to start facepalming; you fail at Paypal (twice) and it's the provider's fault? In any case, the last screenie

shows they have refunded you in full, and no, they did not "take money from your card again" (how the hell do you imagine that would even work)? Allow for 7-30 business days for the refund to be processed by your bank.

• n0myn0my Member

Well even though its his fault for not cancelling. If the client is contacting the same day the paypal payment was auto renewed. I think refunding once is ok.

@desperand Never subscribe paypal payments... If a host forces this method... look for another host.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

@n0my said:
    Well even though its his fault for not cancelling. If the client is contacting the same day the paypal payment was auto renewed. I think refunding once is ok.

desperand Never subscribe paypal payments... If a host forces this method... look for another host.

Subscription is there for people that's looking to stay hosting with that host, without any hassle paying it every month. Clearly everyone that set up a subscription is looking for a long-time hosting with them. .-.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Finally, you got refunded, and what is you complain now???

• blackblack Member
    edited June 2014

I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading some BS accusations. Title should be "desperand does not care about LET users, he just wants to complain for his own fault. I am shocked."

Thanked by 4rm_ neroux netomx MCHPhil
  • @desperand, from the paypal print I see you've been refunded.

• Mistake is yours you setup recurring payment and did not cancel it.Anyway i will never setup paypal subscription mostly it causes a lot of trouble.

• nope, i did't got refunded.

They did, but they again get money.

• n0myn0my Member
    edited June 2014

Saiku said: Subscription is there for people that's looking to stay hosting with that host, without any hassle paying it every month. Clearly everyone that set up a subscription is looking for a long-time hosting with them. .-.

Logging into paypal and paying the bill monthly is better option. Will save trouble experienced by OP. Keeps you in control of your payments...

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited June 2014

@desperand said:
    nope, i did't got refunded.

No, they didn't take money from you again. Read the PayPal print you've put here.

Actually, I think when he said "They took the money twice", seems like the OP didn't have enough money from his PayPal balance, paypal took the money from his CC, and send the money to EDIS. Hence why there's two different "Payment" based on this screenshot: http://puu.sh/9ySoO.png

• @desperand said:
    nope, i did't got refunded.

If you paid via your CC using paypal, the refund will go back to your CC, wait for 3+ working days to see the amount to be credited to your bank. EDIS has refunded your money. paypal has reversed the transaction to your bank,,

Leave EDIS alone..

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2014

To be slightly fair, the OP did seem to say it was his own fault and that he forgot to cancel. As it's a yearly payment and he told them on the day of renewal (?) a refund would be much easier to do, I'd understand the refusal for a refund if it was half way through the year, but it's only a day or so.

Looking at the screenshot, it does seem like they've refunded though?

• LeeLee Veteran

iKeyZ said: To be slightly fair, the OP did seem to say it was his own fault and that he forgot to cancel.

Perhaps, however as he knew he was not going to keep it beyond the year that gave him more than ample time to prepare for this day!

Or rather, I'm sure there's a way to request a cancellation at the end of the billing period.
    :P

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@W1V_Lee said:

That is true, and people should remember to cancel (within a whole year). Although if he stopped using the server a couple of months ago, it's an easy thing to do I guess.

• nerouxneroux Member

n0my said: Well even though its his fault for not cancelling. If the client is contacting the same day the paypal payment was auto renewed. I think refunding once is ok.

iKeyZ said: To be slightly fair, the OP did seem to say it was his own fault and that he forgot to cancel. As it's a yearly payment and he told them on the day of renewal (?) a refund would be much easier to do, I'd understand the refusal for a refund if it was half way through the year, but it's only a day or so.

I agree that a provider could offer a refund in such a case out of good will.

However, why should providers always go the extra mile because there are irresponsible customers who are not able or willing to manage their services properly?

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@neroux said:
    However, why should providers always go the extra mile because there are irresponsible customers who are not able or willing to manage their services properly?

I don't disagree with you, I'm just saying (in this case) it would make more sense to refund, as it's been one day into his service compared to others coming in a few months down the line and saying they forgot to cancel.

• @neroux said:

Because the provider should want satisfied customers. If you do refund him, he may come back later to buy a different product, given he already had a good experience with you.

Also, the client is always right.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ desperand
  • wychwych Member

@luissousa said:
    Also, the client is always right.

Haha.

Thanked by 3luissousa Mark_R netomx
  • nerouxneroux Member

luissousa said: Because the provider should want satisfied customers. If you do refund him, he may come back later to buy a different product, given he already had a good experience with you.

That is why I mentioned good will. But the issue is the same. It is not the provider's obligation to take care of its customer's inabilities. Many services do not only have the same policy but even notice periods (apartments, electricity, mobile phones, cable tv and countless others).

Again, the customer has an active service and couldnt care less to cancel it, but once the obvious invoice arrives starts yelling. Why should any provider go the costly extra mile to babysit their customers for free?

Yes, refund the customer because of goodwill and charge him a service fee for the additional extra work. Especially after public badmouthing.

luissousa said: Also, the client is always right.

I am afraid he is not.

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

I think this shows EDIS does care now as they refunded a payment they had no obligation to do so just to keep @desperand happy.

Shame he chose to shame them in Public over it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2014

@neroux said:
    Again, the customer has an active service and couldnt care less to cancel it

You're making it out like the OP is a really bad person.

He forgot to cancel it after a year, which in my opinion can be pretty easy to do if you forget about it if it's not in use all the time and asked for a refund instantly, it's not like he waited around because he didn't 'care'.

It's worth doing goodwill gestures like these, as @luissousa said, it could earn you a future customer again, and even if it doesn't, it seems like the right things to do rather than keep a customer for another year who does not want to be there.

Thanked by 1desperand