Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pending... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pending...

Comments

• @neroux said:
    However, why should providers always go the extra mile because there are irresponsible customers who are not able or willing to manage their services properly?

Yes, i'm bad, i know that.

I did't get any INFO mail before that payment.

If they send to me any email with information like:

"Dear customer, after bla bla days, will be autopayment for service XXX, if you WONT that, cancel that".

I'm for sure cancel the service before renew!

• rds100rds100 Member

So what does your "invoice generated" email look like? Also what does the "invoice payment reminder" email look like?

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited June 2014

iKeyZ said: You're making it out like the OP is a really bad person.

I dont care if the OP is a really bad person or simply just totally and utterly negligent.

We are all adults here hence should know our responsibilities. If I miss the date of a contract due I cant just say "whoops, I forgot" either. Such things are to be remembered. And if you write it down on a calendar on the fridge.

Goodwill and not forcing a customer to stay? Yeah why not, thats what I suggested as well. But for christ's sake be ready to compensate the host for the extra work.

But "forgetting", then making wild claims and publicly bashing the provider .... and all of this because of your own negligence, thats a bit too much.

desperand said: I did't get any INFO mail before that payment.

That is not an excuse for not taking care of this yourself. You signed up for hosting, not for a reminder service .....

but yes, an email would have been certainly nice and if there was really none sent, I am sure Edis would be happy to know, so that they could possibly implement it.

• wychwych Member
    edited June 2014

@rds100 said:
    So what does your "invoice generated" email look like? Also what does the "invoice payment reminder" email look like?

You get an invoice generated the the subscription auto pays I believe moments later? Then you have invoice payment confirmation.

I'm assuming EDIS uses WHMCS - I could also be wrong as not had an autopay enabled item for a while.

• @rds100 said:

fileMedia

Prometeus:

SSDVirt:

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited June 2014

@luissousa said:
    Also, the client is always right.

Here's a good read: http://notalwaysright.com/

Thanked by 3Mark_R lazyt MrObvious
  • rds100rds100 Member

@desperand i mean EDIS probably sends you a proforma invoice by email 14 days before the due date. Then sends an invoice payment reminder 3 days before the due date. At least these are the default settings in WHMCS.
    Did you receive these emails? What do they say?

• rds100rds100 Member

@wych the invoice is by default (default WHMCS settings) generated 14 days before the due / payment date. I don't know what settings edis uses though.

• vedranvedran Veteran

Ok, so what happened here:

OP orders a yearly VPS, uses PayPal subscription
    OP forgets to cancel both subscription and VPS
    VPS gets renewed
    Edis tell him his VPS has already been renewed and they don't do refunds, but they'll make an exception and refund him
    Edis refunds him
    OP complains about ... what?

Thanked by 3Mark_R rds100 netomx
  • wychwych Member

@vedran said:

VPS gets renewed
    Edis tell him his VPS has already been renewed and they don't do refunds, but they'll make an exception and refund him
    Edis refunds him

Great tl;dr summary.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • nerouxneroux Member

@vedran said:

VPS gets renewed
    Edis refunds him

To the point.

• Please note that PayPal's Terms of Service states that it's the OP's fault for not cancelling the subscription, regardless of if the service renewal was respected by the provider, and regardless of if the provider even refunded him or not.

Good job on the provider for refunding him and cleaning this up easily, not sure what OP is still complaining about.

• 1.) Refunded money do not back to the card.

2.) 50% / 50% I'm they are wrong.

3.) They can easly get money back and understand my fail, and forgot that situation. But they do not do that.

4.) This is a bussiness company Edis, it's not mine friends.

And i have all rights to get back refunds at any time.

Or find a compromiss on that situation. There are many ways to solve that problem.

But they wont to do that, and they just saying to me -> "nope you wont get it, because we WONT to do that, because you buy it bla bla bla, if you forgot it's your problem bla bla bla".

I'm agree. Yes, that is my problem. But i was react very fast (after few minutes when i get email from Paypal) and send to them Email about that bad situation. Their reaction very slow.

I have to much fails, i know that, but i do not have any other issues with Prometeus, or SSDVirt, or with DO, or VULTR, does't matter company. When i need a refund and make some mistake and unwanted "thing", these guys react very well for me, and help me to solve a problem. But not Edis. And that is very strange.

Thats why i don't recommend them to everyone if you will be have any problems like with with Refund, or something in financial questions.

For me -> i lost that company, and maybe money. But main for me, i'm lost a reputable in past company for me, what i though very good company, but in that kind of situation they do like they are not.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@GoodHosting said:
    Please note that PayPal's Terms of Service states that it's the OP's fault for not cancelling the subscription, regardless of if the service renewal was respected by the provider, and regardless of if the provider even refunded him or not.

Good job on the provider for refunding him and cleaning this up easily, not sure what OP is still complaining about.

Of course PayPal's terms would state that, it would be odd for it to say anything other than that.

The only thing OP has said since was that he didn't seem to receive any reminder.

• nerouxneroux Member

desperand said: And i have all rights to get back refunds at any time.

No you dont. You have/had an active service with them that you failed to cancel in time.

• @desperand said:
    1.) Refunded money do not back to the card.

Refunds to card are not processed instantly. Be more patient and wait a few days...

• @DalComp said:
    Refunds to card are not processed instantly. Be more patient and wait a few days...

Sure, thank you. Ussually it was instant (but maybe something changed after 2012)

But the most shocked for me situation in that:

Why that company add my mail for spam? It's corrent for company like Edis? I think it's incorrect behavior for any company what work with clients.

That message was the last point, that why i was write about that to community.

Dear future clients of Edis, when you will have problems, be sure -> you will be ignored and added to spam igoring list until you solve your problem.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@desperand said:

Doesn't that mean your email client thinks that email is spam? I could be wrong.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@iKeyZ said:
    Doesn't that mean your email client thinks that email is spam? I could be wrong.

it does..

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • nerouxneroux Member
    edited June 2014

desperand said: Why that company add my mail for spam? It's corrent for company like Edis? I think it's incorrect behavior for any company what work with clients.

desperand said: Dear future clients of Edis, when you will have problems, be sure -> you will be ignored and added to spam igoring list until you solve your problem.

I apologise for everything that I might say now, but I think its really enough.

Not enough that your messages are barely decipherable you also continue your unfounded bashing even though you already received a generous refund, despite your own negligence, and obviously cant even configure your email client correctly so their emails end up being marked as spam (which would also easily explain why you believe you "did not" receive any renewal reminder, which in fact you probably did but never saw because it ended up in the trash).

Seriously, what do you want?

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited June 2014

@iKeyZ said:

It's edis' server flagging the client's original email as spam, something like SpamAssassin or SpamExperts filtering. However, it is still piped into WHMCS and imported as support ticket. I really doubt Edis purposely flagged the e-mail as spam, if they want to do so they could just hit "block the sender" button in WHMCS and the e-mail won't even get imported at all.

See that the "spam" remark is after the ticket number. If it's OP's email client filtering, it will be before the ticket number.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2014

You really should not use Prometeus as a benchmark here.
    1. We do have a no refund clause in our ToS;
    2. We do break it all the time;
    3. Prometeus does not live from this market, the customers are our friends and we extend services for any reason, from lost password for paypal, to expired card and travel in vacation.

In order NOT to receive a refund from us you must be a spammer, host illegal stuff, get investigated by police, threaten and call us names (50/50, I do refund even like that, most of the time, Uncle has a shorter fuse), abuse>dont reply mail about it>get suspended>ask reinstatement> abuse again even worse, things like that.

That is not a regular way to do business, though, in short, we are just happy to lose customers like those, they make space for more friends.

We had to cut off subscriptions in my.iperweb.com, though, it mostly sells budget plans and we had way too many cases where people accused us of theft.

Thanked by 3iKeyZ perennate netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I think this thread needs some kind of award. I'm not quite sure what for, but it's certainly one of a kind.

• wychwych Member

@Nekki said:
    I think this thread needs some kind of award. I'm not quite sure what for, but it's certainly one of a kind.

Make the custom member group, you know you wanna!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@wych said:
    Make the custom member group, you know you wanna!

'Bellend'

Thanked by 3netomx Mark_R MCHPhil
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

Nekki said: 'Bellend'

I think you did something wrong, it still shows up as "Member". Please add me to Bellend too, I like bells.

Edit: also I'm American, none of this weird bellend shit

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@perennate said:
    Edit: also I'm American, none of this weird bellend shit

What do you septics use instead of bellend? Is it helmet, or is that British too?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I may be banned for this but:

Fuck you OP! Get your balls and accept your mistake! And fucking learn how the refunds works!

/rant

Now, add me to the bellend or the rant member group, thanks.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited June 2014

Nekki said: What do you septics use instead of bellend? Is it helmet, or is that British too?

Don't you know what circumcision is? They cut it off over the pond. It's just a shaft.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AThomasHowe said:
    Don't you know what circumcision is? They cut it off over the pond. It's just a shaft.

I'm acutely aware of what circumcision is. No 7 year old should suffer that much pain.