Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Terabit.io || Paid $2,000 for a dedicated server, 52 days later and still nothing

leon10leon10 Member

I wanted to share my experience with Terabit.io because, at this point, I honestly don't know what else to do.

Before placing my order, I specifically asked about the delivery time and was told "it's 2-3 business days on average." I went ahead and paid $2,000 on September 5th for a dedicated server. Today is October 27th. 52 days later, I still haven't received a single server. Not even the temporary replacement they promised me.

Here's a quick summary of what happened:

After the initial 3 days, I started asking for updates. Most of the time, I either got vague answers or no response at all until I followed up again. On September 20th, they finally explained that the CPU they ordered was defective and they were waiting for an RMA from their supplier. I understood the situation and continued waiting.

By October 5th, a full month had passed. I even suggested that they provide me with any available server with lower specs until my original one was ready. On October 6th, they replied that their CPU shipment was delayed due to a supplier backlog and mentioned that they had other CPUs they could offer temporarily if I was okay with a different CPU. I immediately agreed and asked what they had available. Then, once again, silence. Three more days without a response.

On October 9th, after more than a month of waiting and getting nowhere, I finally requested a cancellation and full refund. Their response? Dedicated servers are non-refundable according to their ToS.

Seriously? I paid $2,000 for a server that was supposed to take an average of 2–3 business days to deliver, and more than a month later, they still hadn't delivered anything. How is their supplier's problem supposed to become my responsibility?

They then confirmed they had Xeon Silver servers in stock and eventually offered me one for free as a temporary replacement until my original server was ready. I accepted because, honestly, I just wanted to move forward. But guess what? That server never arrived either.

On October 14th, they told me the setup was almost complete and only some cabling remained. On October 20th, another message saying "The build is almost finished." On October 22nd, after I complained again, they told me the temporary server would be ready that day. The following day, they said they were installing Ubuntu on it.

It's now October 27th, and I still haven't received even the temporary server. Apparently, even installing an OS takes several days.

And that's not even everything. I had to purchase an IPv6 subnet twice for this server. The first one expired without ever being used, and the second has been sitting unused because they still haven't delivered the server. So on top of wasting nearly two months, I've also been losing money.

What frustrates me the most isn't just the delay. It's the complete lack of communication and urgency. I shouldn't have to keep chasing a company for updates on a $2,000 order. They rarely seem to take any initiative to keep me informed.

I understand that hardware issues and supplier delays happen. But 52 days without delivering anything, repeatedly promising a temporary server and failing to provide it, and then refusing a refund because of a non-refundable policy? That's simply unacceptable.

If customers are expected to respect a company's Terms of Service, shouldn't the company also be expected to fulfill its side of the agreement?

I'm not asking for anything unreasonable. I paid for a service I still haven't received, and I believe a full refund is more than justified at this point.

I'm posting this to share my experience and hopefully get some advice from the community.

Thanked by 1WyvernCo

Comments

  • ZyraZyra Member

    oh boy

  • rpqurpqu Member

    @SilverCreek @wadhah don't miss

    Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • TangeTange Member

    call your credit card company

    Thanked by 1WyvernCo
  • SilverCreekSilverCreek Member, Patron Provider, Megathread Squad
    edited 6:00PM

    Hi,

    I reviewed your ticket and at no point did we fail to communicate to you. We advised you clearly that the CPU we had lined up for you was not working and we had to order a new one from our hardware vendors and immediately we explained the crisis with AI to you and how we're experiencing delays from our vendors for delivery currently for orders. You acknowledged this.

    We, multiple times, asked if you would be fine with a temporary server free of charge until we get the parts in the fulfil your original order. You requested compensation, and we offered the temporary server for you which you then accepted. We followed up by asking a few questions about your LOA validity as you had changed it, the OS you wanted provisioned on it, and we began working on the free of charge machine that remains free until we obtain the parts in for the replacement (including the 10Gbps flat of bandwidth you intend on utilizing, which has a cost to us as well). It then went into our provisioning system, and we began to engage remote hands to assemble the server for you (as all orders are CTO) and get it into our system. It's equally worth noting that it was quite recently that you accepted our offer of a temporary server free of charge.

    As it was explained to you, we've already undergone costs to fulfil your order, so we couldn't offer you a full refund. If you're wanting to simply exit, feel free to open a ticket and we can issue you a partial refund in fiat (we cannot refund crypto transactions as our processor does not support this) minus our sunk costs already, otherwise your temporary free of charge system is provisioning as it was already communicated to you in your ticket. At all points we communicated to you clearly, and you acknowledged/accepted this in your ticket replies to us.

    Thanked by 1NotFoundException
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

    @leon10 said: By October 5th, a full month had passed.

    God, you were patient...

  • @SilverCreek said: processor does not support this

    Then do it manually.

    Thanked by 1WyvernCo
  • ehabehab Veteran
    edited 5:32PM

    U HAVE $2000

  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

    @leon10

    Congrats to your first post (or comment) ever on LET!

    In other words: evidence or it didn't happen.

  • SilverCreekSilverCreek Member, Patron Provider, Megathread Squad
    edited 5:48PM

    I dug deeper into your ticket for a timeline:

    • We asked you if a single IPv4 was sufficient for your service (1mo ago)

    • We received your original LOA multiple days after the order placed, and we validated and added it to our prefix list. (1mo ago)

    • One of our staff replied as you requested an update, and chased internally for an update. It was responded to rather quickly, and then a follow-up asked for the operating system.

    • The system went for racking (14/09/2026), and we engaged remote hands to install it into the cabinet and connect all the wires, IPMI, fiber uplinks (after-hours RH request).

    • On 15/09/2026 late evening we received confirmation from remote hands that the machine was cabled, racked. We were unable to reach it, and opened a follow-up ticket to diagnose it.

    • On 16/09/2026 we determined there was a hardware fault with the build, we asked remote hands to perform various steps to diagnose/debug where the fault may be including removing/replacing memory sticks, removing/replacing motherboard with a space on-site.

    • On 17/09/2026 one of our staff communicated there's been a couple of delays and we'd get back to him shortly, as we continued to try to resolve the issue with the underlying hardware with remote hands.

    • On 17/09/2026 we requested an RMA with our vendor and awaited confirmation from our vendor, and then communicated that on 20/09/2026.

    • The ticket was put as in-progress, since we were waiting on vendor RMA parts to arrive, we shipped back the faulty parts on 21/09/2026.

    • You had replied a few more times to the ticket which we had responded to and advised we're waiting on the replacement part still.

    • We offered you a temporary machine (09/10/2026), you refused this offer and asked for compensation.

    • Maggie engaged on 09/10/2026 and responded to you explaining our offer for compensation, which you accepted after speaking with Maggie. You advised the old LOA is no longer valid.

    • On 12/10/2026, you sent us an LOA, it was acknowledged and sent to network engineering to process and was added to our system.

    • On 13/10/2026, we confirmed the LOA and got it into our prefix list.

    • On 14/10/2026 we began with assembly. We have a 7-14 day ETA for most orders when it's common parts that are available. This was 13 days ago. As it was communicated to you already in the ticket your replacement is on track for our standard ETA (23/10/2026).

  • AstroAstro Member

    @jsg said:
    @leon10

    Congrats to your first post (or comment) ever on LET!

    In other words: evidence or it didn't happen.

    the host kind of confirmed what he said?

  • zedzed Veteran

    @SilverCreek said: otherwise your temporary free of charge system is provisioning

    52 days and an LET thread yikes.

  • ascicodeascicode Member

    id send money back and forget the deal.

  • VoidVoid Member

    Some people have too much patience.
    And money.

    Thanked by 2MikeA gbzret4d
Sign In or Register to comment.