Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very limited Christmas offers - NVMe & Storage in US, EU and APAC - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Very limited Christmas offers - NVMe & Storage in US, EU and APAC

Comments

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 27

Tl;dr for those who didn’t read the above (edit: behind?): 90 % recurring discounts on everything

Thanked by 2anubhavhirani bdl
  • Tl;dr, the deal is likely to be delayed, but not for long.

• hapkidohapkido Member

@hosthatch said:
    To give you an idea about what the past week events were: we had a failure of a storage node (not related to data, but there was no apparent reason since everything looked healthy, could be PSUs, motherboard, CPUs, RAM, etc but no errors at all, so we had to order a new node, overnighting a 4U server is fun and expensive, then move over the drives physically and restore the RAIDs). Everyone is thankfully finally online. Now we can either discard the old server or try to find out the reason it was acting like this while customers are not on it.

Then there was another carrier related failure in Hong Kong, and another carrier's optic totally died in London and they kept blaming us for our side of the connection being bad. Thankfully we are not singlehomed so we could resolve these issues without much affect to customers, but they are still considered super emergency.

Then on top some 500+ Chinese customers decided to provision VMs for https://storage.titannet.io/, so we had to suspend all of them since its against our ToS to abuse disk IO like that, especially on storage VMs. We have abuse systems in place, but are not designed for something like that.

That all happened while we had ongoing scheduled maintenance with Emil being in Tokyo to take care of those node maintenances (hardware upgrades), some network upgrades (installing new routers) + setup our new rack there.

The team has been doing their best to make sure that the customers feel the least impact possible.

It's been a rough week overall but things are coming back to normal now :)

Oh wow...that's really a lot to handle all coming at the same time! After all these stuffs settled, can go for a nice meal with the team!!

• emghemgh Member

@noisycode said:
    Tl;dr, the deal is likely to be delayed, but not for long.

No

”I will try to time them so they are posted in exactly ~14h from now (00:00 EST).”

• ajaibdigitalajaibdigital Member
    edited April 27

is that mean promo is available on april 28th 00:00 EST?

• FreekFreek Member

@emgh said:

@noisycode said:

No

”I will try to time them so they are posted in exactly ~14h from now (00:00 EST).”

6AM local time. RIP me :(

• emghemgh Member

@Freek said:

@emgh said:

@noisycode said:

No

6AM local time. RIP me :(

Same, but they’re avaliable for more than a few hours. Usually more than a few days even.

Thanked by 1Freek
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@hosthatch said:
    I will try to time them so they are posted in exactly ~14h from now (00:00 EST). Will be limited quantity as usual, a few working days setup timing to allow us to provision them in a stable manner, and we won't be doing exceptions once they are OOS.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

• MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanked by 1emgh
  • anrikazanrikaz Member

Patiently waiting B)

• bdlbdl Member

@emgh said:
    Tl;dr for those who didn’t read the above (edit: behind?): 90 % recurring discounts on everything

tl;dr @hosthatch needs whisky

Thanked by 1emgh
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • I'm new here but would like to become a long term customer. Please help me get the sweet, sweet deals.

• emghemgh Member

@Magistrate said:
    I'm new here but would like to become a long term customer. Please help me get the sweet, sweet deals.

What kind of help would you require, my good sir?

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

• emghemgh Member

Thanked by 2bdl ehab
  • I think there are on-gong promos? I would like to partake but I don't see coupon codes and/or special links. I'm sure I'm just missing it....

• emghemgh Member

@Magistrate said:
    I think there are on-gong promos? I would like to partake but I don't see coupon codes and/or special links. I'm sure I'm just missing it....

No, only foreplay now. Deals will release in a new thread in about an hour.

• hapkidohapkido Member

@Magistrate said:
    I think there are on-gong promos? I would like to partake but I don't see coupon codes and/or special links. I'm sure I'm just missing it....

Hi, not yet, should be in an hour later, check back later but normally promos will be out quite fast cause @hosthatch promos and servers and good deals!!

• @emgh said:

@Magistrate said:

No, only foreplay now. Deals will release in a new thread in about an hour.

aaaaahhhhhh.....I thought I only had an hour left, not I'm an hour early. Thank you for your time.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Will be delayed by 6 hours, 06:00 Eastern :')

Thanked by 2bdl the_doctor
  • emghemgh Member

@hosthatch said:

Thanked by 2bdl ehab
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@hosthatch said:

• Make it 12 hours xD

• bdlbdl Member

@hosthatch said:

Thanked by 1ehab
  • aRNoLDaRNoLD Member

Your paypal ready?

• MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Can anyone confirm for me if Hosthatch allows Windows OS or custom ISO? o.O

• nick_nick_ Member

@anubhavhirani said:
    Can anyone confirm for me if Hosthatch allows Windows OS or custom ISO? o.O

They do. You can upload any ISO via the control panel and install from it.