Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very limited Christmas offers - NVMe & Storage in US, EU and APAC - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Very limited Christmas offers - NVMe & Storage in US, EU and APAC

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@hosthatch said:
    11th April was our 13th year in business :)

We will do some promotions on/around 25th April. Working on some more important things at the moment (BGP communities for downstream customers, ticket system changes, etc, for example). We also have a separate ongoing complete rewrite of our frontend, which adds a lot of overdue features (such as bandwidth sharing)

In the meantime, here's a picture of me and Emil having a drink (or 4..) while discussing some exciting new plans for the future, as well as celebrating the last 13 years.

https://imgur.com/a/2PTTPsS

Congratulations!

It's my sixth year with you guys :smiley:

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • sliixsliix Member

Can't wait for new offers from @hosthatch. I missed the last offer so definitely gonna watch out for them.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • lzy666lzy666 Member
    edited April 25

Looking forward to the promotion on April 25th! I must catch it well <3

• nyamenknyamenk Member

Where is the offer? @hosthatch

• lzy666lzy666 Member

<3 I've been waiting for a quote @hosthatch

• elmorigselmorigs Member
    edited April 25

@nyamenk said:
    Where is the offer? @hosthatch

on/around 25th April

• ehabehab Member

merry xmas @kashon

Thanked by 1bdl
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sorry, will be on the 28th.

Putting out multiple fires in the past week so the team is (extremely) busy with that.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@hosthatch said:

Sorry, will be on the 28th.

This is one of the best offers on LET

6 CPU cores (**2 dedicated**, 4 fair-shared cores)
    AMD EPYC 7513
    24 GB RAM 
    300 GB NVMe storage
    50 TB premium bandwidth
    $10 per month  ($110 annual)

I like the control panel as well, especially console part.

• @hosthatch Seems something wrong with the ticket system on your website, new created ticket does not show on tickets list.

• @PhantomPain said:
    @hosthatch Seems something wrong with the ticket system on your website, new created ticket does not show on tickets list.

I think they have been making some upgrades to their system, i also noticed sometimes the dashboard does not fully load but after a few refreshes it works again.

• @dev_vps said:

This is one of the best offers on LET

6 CPU cores (**2 dedicated**, 4 fair-shared cores)
    AMD EPYC 7513
    24 GB RAM 
    300 GB NVMe storage
    50 TB premium bandwidth
    $10 per month  ($110 annual)

@hosthatch It would be great to have some offers like this again.

• congratulations to your 13th year!

• congrats to your 13th anniversary

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@hosthatch
    congratulations to your 13th year!

• bapbap Member

Congratulations on your 13th anniversary! I hope there will be some kind of offer to celebrate this special occasion.

• nullptrnullptr Member

:D Wow! Happy 13th anniversary!

• congrats to your 13th anniversary

• sayyikusayyiku Member

Congratulations on your 13th anniversary!

• Gratz! :smile:

• hapkidohapkido Member

28th apr coming!

• qcnosqcnos Member

Congratulations on your 13th anniversary! Waiting for some great offers.

• Waiting for the offer

• momwiomomwio Member

I'm still waiting for your favorable quotation!

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • emghemgh Member

The fact that the old HostHatch offer thread gets more hype about the next offer that they’ll release in a day compared to actual offers on here is impressive

Thanked by 1lzy666
  • lzy666lzy666 Member

Waiting for the offer!!!28th! o:)

• MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanked by 1emgh

I will try to time them so they are posted in exactly ~14h from now (00:00 EST). Will be limited quantity as usual, a few working days setup timing to allow us to provision them in a stable manner, and we won't be doing exceptions once they are OOS.

Not trying to be elitist/arrogant but the team is very (very!) busy at the moment with the events of the past week, as well as the features we are working on releasing (which you might have noticed with some small control panel issues bugs in the past few days), so we have to make sure that the promotions do not put a lot of additional stress on the team. But we also gotta celebrate the 13th anniversary :)

Thanks for all the kind wishes!

• QuenFeaQuenFea Member

@hosthatch said:
    I will try to time them so they are posted in exactly ~14h from now (00:00 EST). Will be limited quantity as usual, a few working days setup timing to allow us to provision them in a stable manner, and we won't be doing exceptions once they are OOS.

Not trying to be elitist/arrogant but the team is very (very!) busy at the moment with the events of the past week, as well as the features we are working on releasing (which you might have noticed with some small control panel issues bugs in the past few days), so we have to make sure that the promotions do not put a lot of additional stress on the team. But we also gotta celebrate the 13th anniversary :)

Thanks for all the kind wishes!

Congratulations on your 13th anniversary!

edited April 27

To give you an idea about what the past week events were: we had a failure of a storage node (not related to data, but there was no apparent reason since everything looked healthy, could be PSUs, motherboard, CPUs, RAM, etc but no errors at all, so we had to order a new node, overnighting a 4U server is fun and expensive, then move over the drives physically and restore the RAIDs). Everyone is thankfully finally online. Now we can either discard the old server or try to find out the reason it was acting like this while customers are not on it.

Then there was another carrier related failure in Hong Kong, and another carrier's optic totally died in London and they kept blaming us for our side of the connection being bad. Thankfully we are not singlehomed so we could resolve these issues without much affect to customers, but they are still considered super emergency.

Then on top some 500+ Chinese customers decided to provision VMs for https://storage.titannet.io/, so we had to suspend all of them since its against our ToS to abuse disk IO like that, especially on storage VMs. We have abuse systems in place, but are not designed for something like that.

That all happened while we had ongoing scheduled maintenance with Emil being in Tokyo to take care of those node maintenances (hardware upgrades), some network upgrades (installing new routers) + setup our new rack there.

The team has been doing their best to make sure that the customers feel the least impact possible.

It's been a rough week overall but things are coming back to normal now :)