Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IONOS VPS don't offer IPv6 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IONOS VPS don't offer IPv6

13»

Comments

• @Neoon said:

@Shot2 said:

@Neoon said:
    since its discounted, aka FREE as listed for me.

Good for you; mine is not discounted or a special offer: it's the usual €1 vps from Ionos.
    And the bill (not "overview") has of course been paid in full, including the overpriced IPv6 (which I fortunately cancelled as soon as I realized their dick move :))

Its a shitfest, so its FREE but billed wrong.
    I created a ticket, I think they fixed one VPS, I got 5.

Got a incorrect invoice yesterday again, just told them again, but they said they gonna fix it.
    Maybe this time.

Will have to crosscheck my invoices, if they charged me to much and I missed one.

Well they admit it so the conclusion is it's free

• @Neoon It's 1&1 after all, so no surprises here.

• @yoursunny said:

@totally_not_banned said:

@Malin said:
    Isn't IPv6 like dead/obsolete now? You still need 6to4 gateways to communicate with the rest of the world so there is no real gain.

To many people out there are convinced that it sucks and they don't care to deal with it. I've said it a lot and i'll say it again. IPv4 should simply have been upped to 64bit and not be further fucked with besides maybe changing the octets into 16bit hex values.

IPv4 should simply have been expanded to 8 numbers, with each number having 16 bits between 0 and 65535, and not be further bleeped with.
    Our IPv4 is 9728.16448.11420.12544.32187.32633.11593.31267 thanks.

Haha did you just literally take a mac address and convert it from base-16 to base-10 and turn the colons into dots?

• d2411d2411 Member

welcome to germany. :) Nobody cares about digitalization. thats normaly here

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@totally_not_banned said:
    @Neoon It's 1&1 after all, so no surprises here.

They actually corrected the Invoice I reported, lets see how many incorrect ones I will get next.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned

Well, they just send me another incorrect invoice.
    Here we go again.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited January 30

< laughs in german >

• @Neoon said:
    Well, they just send me another incorrect invoice.
    Here we go again.

Haha me too, but they corrected it

I just wrote them a Ticket, for some reason they have a 300 character limit per ticket reply.
    Why? You can't reply either on these Tickets, why? You don't get any notifications if someone replies or y our ticket gets closed, WHY?!

I guess, I need to write them a email.

edited January 31

@Neoon said:
    I just wrote them a Ticket, for some reason they have a 300 character limit per ticket reply.
    Why? You can't reply either on these Tickets, why? You don't get any notifications if someone replies or y our ticket gets closed, WHY?!

I guess, I need to write them a email.

I can't even find a support email, so I ended up creating a Ticket for the Ticket I just created to have more than 300 words, I had 600 now!!!!! still maxed it out though.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • Finally they have managed to send a correct invoice for this month.
    Let's see if that hassle repeats when I add a free IPv6 for the next server...

• And they added some feutures

• Thank you for choosing IONOS as your trusted hosting partner. Your satisfaction remains our top priority and we are pleased to introduce some valuable new features to enhance your VPS product. Below you will find an overview of the latest updates:

Additional IPv4 addresses:
    Enjoy the flexibility of adding additional IPv4 addresses to your VPS to provide enhanced networking capabilities.

IPv6 addresses:
    IPv6 addresses are now available at no additional cost for the following operating systems: Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 22.04, Debian 12, Rocky 9, Windows 2019 and Windows 2022.

VPS Images:
    Introducing VPS Images, a feature that allows you to capture and save the current status of your server. Please note that images are not a sufficient substitute for a proper backup strategy. With the cloud backup solution, you can create redundancy by backing up your data to different locations.

Backup area:
    We are pleased to introduce you to the backup area in the Cloud Panel, which provides you with Cloud Backup, our professional backup and restore function. Protect your data and easily restore it if necessary.

DVD drive:
    In response to your feedback, we've added a DVD drive that allows you to deploy ISO images and install software directly to your VPS.

• Tip with ionos, if you already have a contract at their place (or even multiple), try to cancel them.

Sometimes it will result in a discount, e.g. 50% off.

I am currently paying them 0,50€ for a 500MB VPS IPv4+IPv6/64. Speeds are actually quite nice at this price, especially the 10G link.

• @lowendtalkxdax said:
    Tip with ionos, if you already have a contract at their place (or even multiple), try to cancel them.

I am currently paying them 0,50€ for a 500MB VPS IPv4+IPv6/64. Speeds are actually quite nice at this price, especially the 10G link.

You can also give them a call (however speaking german helps).
    I have some 25 months free promos that still have way over a year of free servers :D

Thanked by 1lowendtalkxdax

@lowendtalkxdax said:
    Tip with ionos, if you already have a contract at their place (or even multiple), try to cancel them.

Lets put that to the test, gonna mark everything for termination, later.

• Worked for me

• @Neoon said:
    Lets put that to the test, gonna mark everything for termination, later.

xD

@Razza said:
    Worked for me

keep in mind, with the renewal you are signing a new 12 month contract. But if you plan on continue using their products it’s perfect.

@lowendtalkxdax said:

Its only for this Month and I would not abuse it.
    I tested it on 2 Packages, got 50% off on these and bought another Server for the same Budget.