Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IONOS VPS don't offer IPv6 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IONOS VPS don't offer IPv6

Comments

• They support IPV6 you can add IP in the panel !

Pretty sweat VPS for 1 buck also there VPS Linux S for 3 bucks a month is pretty sweet deal( VPS Linux S 2 vCores 2 GB 80 GB ). You can also choose between 5 different datacenter. Didnt find a better offer elsewere)

PROOF:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-11-30                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Dec 20 20:10:56 UTC 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 88 days, 8 hours, 51 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC-Milan Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1999.999 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 878.0 MiB
    Swap       : 2.0 GiB
    Disk       : 9.8 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-9-cloud-amd64
    VM Type    : MICROSOFT
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : IONOS SE
    ASN        : AS8560 IONOS SE
    Host       : IONOS CLOUD Paris
    Location   : Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia (NW)
    Country    : Germany

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda1):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 40.02 MB/s   (10.0k) | 497.41 MB/s   (7.7k)
    Write      | 40.12 MB/s   (10.0k) | 500.03 MB/s   (7.8k)
    Total      | 80.14 MB/s   (20.0k) | 997.45 MB/s  (15.5k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 474.31 MB/s    (926) | 469.37 MB/s    (458)
    Write      | 499.51 MB/s    (975) | 500.63 MB/s    (488)
    Total      | 973.83 MB/s   (1.9k) | 970.00 MB/s    (946)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.48 Gbits/sec  | 3.37 Gbits/sec  | 8.45 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 2.59 Gbits/sec  | 1.49 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.81 Gbits/sec  | 2.10 Gbits/sec  | 17.1 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 819 Mbits/sec   | 794 Mbits/sec   | 98.6 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | 2.06 Gbits/sec  | 79.9 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.49 Gbits/sec  | 1.61 Gbits/sec  | 114 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.15 Gbits/sec  | 1.02 Gbits/sec  | 138 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.87 Gbits/sec  | 7.12 Gbits/sec  | 7.88 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 2.00 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.88 Gbits/sec  | 7.14 Gbits/sec  | 16.3 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.70 Gbits/sec  | 1.89 Gbits/sec  | 97.9 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.74 Gbits/sec  | 2.16 Gbits/sec  | 79.3 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.46 Gbits/sec  | 1.49 Gbits/sec  | 113 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.08 Gbits/sec  | 1.26 Gbits/sec  | 137 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1054
    Multi Core      | 725

• They charge €5/month per IPv6 (it counts as additional IP...) - beware.

The €1/mth VPS becomes a €6/mth crap.

• PixelsPixels Member
    edited December 2023

@Shot2 said:
    They charge €5/month per IPv6 (it counts as additional IP...) - beware.

WTF, is that for real? Pretty insane.

Edit: That only seems to be the case with IPv4. I did have IPv6 previously available and activated on that server, though.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2023

@Shot2 said:

What, it says FREE.
    Its only a /80 IPv6 though, my old server has a /64.

• edited December 2023

@Malin said:
    Isn't IPv6 like dead/obsolete now? You still need 6to4 gateways to communicate with the rest of the world so there is no real gain.

To many people out there are convinced that it sucks and they don't care to deal with it. I've said it a lot and i'll say it again. IPv4 should simply have been upped to 64bit and not be further fucked with besides maybe changing the octets into 16bit hex values.

Thanked by 2host_c op23
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@totally_not_banned said:

@Malin said:
    Isn't IPv6 like dead/obsolete now? You still need 6to4 gateways to communicate with the rest of the world so there is no real gain.

To many people out there are convinced that it sucks and they don't care to deal with it. I've said it a lot and i'll say it again. IPv4 should simply have been upped to 64bit and not be further fucked with besides maybe changing the octets into 16bit hex values.

Quote:

IPv4 was the first version deployed for production on SATNET in 1982 and on the ARPANET in January 1983. It is still used to route most Internet traffic today,[1] even with the ongoing deployment of Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6),[2] its successor.

Quote:

By 1998, the IETF had formalized the successor protocol. IPv6 uses 128-bit addresses, theoretically allowing 2128, or approximately 3.4×1038 total addresses

IPv6 was developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) to deal with the long-anticipated problem of IPv4 address exhaustion, and was intended to replace IPv4.[1] In December 1998, IPv6 became a Draft Standard for the IETF,[2] which subsequently ratified it as an Internet Standard on 14 July 2017.[3][4]

So IPV6 was under "refinement" from 1998-2017.

Quote:

The first RFC to standardize IPv6 was the RFC 1883 in 1995,[72] which became obsoleted by RFC 2460 in 1998 .[5]: 209  In July 2017 this RFC was superseded by RFC 8200, which elevated IPv6 to "Internet Standard" (the highest maturity level for IETF protocols).[3]

Changing the RFC did not help the adoption of IPV6 until ~2017.

Either-way, adoption is going better now, but still has some miles until it will reach the desired effect, it is a question of time.

IPV4 will remain here to stay for a long time, not all the backbone routers on this planet "speak: ipv6 at this moment.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html

Cheers!

EDIT:

IETF shit their pants too soon with IPV6, in my opinion. They rushed it out a bit.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Malin said:

IPv4 should simply have been expanded to 8 numbers, with each number having 16 bits between 0 and 65535, and not be further bleeped with.
    Our IPv4 is 9728.16448.11420.12544.32187.32633.11593.31267 thanks.

@yoursunny said:

@Malin said:

IPv4 should simply have been expanded to 8 numbers, with each number having 16 bits between 0 and 65535, and not be further bleeped with.

I cannot believe I actually agree on this with you. :o
    Letters should not be in an IP address, that is one of the "problems" of thinking in IPV6 vs IPV4. B)

• edited December 2023

@host_c said:
    IPV4 will remain here to stay for a long time, not all the backbone routers on this planet "speak: ipv6 at this moment.

There is quite a bit of stuff that still doesn't speak v6. It will change but mostly only by force due to exhaustion of v4 space.

IETF shit their pants too soon with IPV6, in my opinion. They rushed it out a bit.

Well, yes and no ;)

In a way sitting on it a bit longer might have helped them realize that scaling down and mostly staying with a concept proven to work might not be the worst idea but on the other hand they could have also simply accepted that the 1998 concept was over-engineered from the start, scraped it, taken v4, declared octets 16bit hex, bumped the version to 7 and called it day.

Whenever i see IPv6 i get a mental picture of an engineer trying really hard to be as clever as possible when practically all that is needed is to up the amount of available IPs.

Thanked by 2host_c op23
  • edited December 2023

@yoursunny said:

@Malin said:

That's also something i could life with. I'd still prefer hex writing to save a bit space though but it's kind of a trade. Hexadecimal is shorter but decimal numbers are more easy to pronounce.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2023

@Pixels said:

@Shot2 said:

Edit: That only seems to be the case with IPv4. I did have IPv6 previously available and activated on that server, though.

Just call me a liar.

My bill from 19/12 - I had added an IPv6 around the 13/12, so they billed me (hourly) pro rata temporis. That's 0.71€ (VAT incl.) for about 5 to 6 days of use.

@Neoon it does not say "free"; when you select your server in their (weird) web interface and 'Assign an IP' to it, IPv4 is selected by default, and below the checkbox is written: "The cost for additional IP addresses for a server amounts to: €5.00/month*". Not "IPv4".
    When toggling to IPv6 the text disappears but it does not mean that it is free. Obviously :#

• @rsk said:
    Wait until you have to cancel your ionos plan .. that will be a pain too 🤣

I have with them few VPS and i had to cancel one it was simple just request cancellation and call the number it was cancelled instantly with no delay.

The good thing they are reliable and i can trust my data on their VPS unlike some providers on LET you can't even trust them with ideling vps.

Thanked by 1rsk
    edited December 2023

@Shot2 said:

@Pixels said:

@Shot2 said:

Just call me a liar.

My bill from 19/12 - I had added an IPv6 around the 13/12, so they billed me (hourly) pro rata temporis. That's 0.71€ (VAT incl.) for about 5 to 6 days of use.

@Neoon it does not say "free"; when you select your server in their (weird) web interface and 'Assign an IP' to it, IPv4 is selected by default, and below the checkbox is written: "The cost for additional IP addresses for a server amounts to: €5.00/month*". Not "IPv4".
    When toggling to IPv6 the text disappears but it does not mean that it is free. Obviously :#

My expected cost didn't change.
    Ask them, might be a billing issue.

Also, "The cost overview does not take discounts and special promotions into account."
    Free IPv6 might be listed as charged but will not, since its discounted, aka FREE as listed for me.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2023

@Neoon said:
    since its discounted, aka FREE as listed for me.

Good for you; mine is not discounted or a special offer: it's the usual €1 vps from Ionos.
    And the bill (not "overview") has of course been paid in full, including the overpriced IPv6 (which I fortunately cancelled as soon as I realized their dick move :))

• oh no!

@Shot2 said:

@Neoon said:

Good for you; mine is not discounted or a special offer: it's the usual €1 vps from Ionos.
    And the bill (not "overview") has of course been paid in full, including the overpriced IPv6 (which I fortunately cancelled as soon as I realized their dick move :))

Will check it tomorrow again though, thanks for the reminder.

• I recently cancelled my IONOS vps. While they did prompt me 4-5 times with offers to rethink, it was done all online with no phone call. Then I proceeded to go to PayPal and cancel the agreement.
    IONOS sent me an email confirming service termination the same day. May be they have scrapped the phone call part now. Or was I lucky?

@op23 said:
    I recently cancelled my IONOS vps. While they did prompt me 4-5 times with offers to rethink, it was done all online with no phone call. Then I proceeded to go to PayPal and cancel the agreement.
    IONOS sent me an email confirming service termination the same day. May be they have scrapped the phone call part now. Or was I lucky?

These days you have to give them consent to be called.
    If you don't and they still call you, you can report them.

I guess they don't wanna burn their fingers for 1€

Thanked by 1op23
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited December 2023

@op23 said:
    I recently cancelled my IONOS vps. While they did prompt me 4-5 times with offers to rethink, it was done all online with no phone call. Then I proceeded to go to PayPal and cancel the agreement.

It can be done entirely online, at least on the German website:
    https://mein.ionos.de/account/termination-form

Thanked by 1op23
  • I also cancelled online without a problem didn't need to call them just use the chat

Thanked by 1op23
  • Also the ipv6 is free.

• @WhiteRoseG said:
    Also the ipv6 is free.

This is what I meant. I am not sure if it is only for existing clients or they have some serious billing "bug" going on.

• @Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Also the ipv6 is free.

This is what I meant. I am not sure if it is only for existing clients or they have some serious billing "bug" going on.

Well, IONOS is 1&1 afterall. I don't really understand why anyone would willingly waste time on them. Yeah, it might be possible to save half a dollar here or there using their loss leader deals but if you factor in the headache it's still not worth it.

• @totally_not_banned said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Also the ipv6 is free.

Well, IONOS is 1&1 afterall. I don't really understand why anyone would willingly waste time on them. Yeah, it might be possible to save half a dollar here or there using their loss leader deals but if you factor in the headache it's still not worth it.

I don't understand what kind of headache you guys actually have with IONOS but I never had any issue even with cancelling I just went to there webchat and it was fixed

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Also the ipv6 is free.

I don't understand what kind of headache you guys actually have with IONOS but I never had any issue even with cancelling I just went to there webchat and it was fixed

You basically say it yourself. Having to fix something as simple as a cancellation is not really the norm.

• @yoursunny said: IPv4 should simply have been expanded to 8 numbers

bad idea.. I need babecafes and deadbeefs in addresses!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @totally_not_banned said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Also the ipv6 is free.

You basically say it yourself. Having to fix something as simple as a cancellation is not really the norm.

Depends from were you from

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@Pixels said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    Also the ipv6 is free.

Depends from were you from

Well, i'm from practically the country known for pedantic bureaucracy and even i feel something like this has no place in 2023's internet ;)

@Shot2 said:

@Neoon said:

Its a shitfest, so its FREE but billed wrong.
    I created a ticket, I think they fixed one VPS, I got 5.

Got a incorrect invoice yesterday again, just told them again, but they said they gonna fix it.
    Maybe this time.

Will have to crosscheck my invoices, if they charged me to much and I missed one.