Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath Closure of Business - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@megarockradio said: Just a tip but since most paid through PayPal it would be quite wise to file for a refund for any services past today while they can still get the cash back.

I think the time limit is 120 days.

• davidedavide Member
    edited August 2023

@raindog308 said:
    I think the time limit is 120 days.

It's 45 days, or at least it was. I know because all mail orders imported into italy take longer in customs processing than the PayPal refund deadline.

Edit: the deadline has been extended to 180 days, apparently in multiple incremental steps from 45 to 60 to 120 to 180. I've been sleeping thru eBay for a few years.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Patriarch
  • Finally...finished backup with rclone.

I LOVE RCLONE <3

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

@ceplavia said:
    Finally...finished backup with rclone.

I LOVE RCLONE <3

I wonder what their bandwidth looks like right now, and how much overages theyre going to experience lol

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @hostnamaste said:
    If this information is accurate, the LET Administrator should remove the two Dedipath banners that are currently running on LET, one on the right sidebar and another in the footer.

And also on the $1 VPS promotion page: https://lowendbox.com/blog/1-vps-1-usd-vps-per-month/

Subscribed for one VPS for a year a couple weeks ago...
    Disputed the transaction with my bank, so we shall see...

• @jonbeard said:

@ceplavia said:
    Finally...finished backup with rclone.

I LOVE RCLONE <3

I wonder what their bandwidth looks like right now, and how much overages theyre going to experience lol

About 20~30MiBps upload, from ddp to onedrive.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jonbeard said: how much overages

I guess the carriers would just write that down as a loss anyway along with whatever other bills they have issued or will issue.

• Aquatis_JosephAquatis_Joseph Member, Patron Provider

Very unfortunate for this to happen, I cant imagine how this will affect the many providers using them.

If anyone is needing help to pickup/ship/store server hardware in the Jacksonville location, I can personally head over from Orlando myself directly to assist.

You can DM me for more info needed. :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@ceplavia said: I LOVE RCLONE

Been using it for all kinds of backups for years. Agree it's awesome.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Aquatis_Joseph said:
    Very unfortunate for this to happen, I cant imagine how this will affect the many providers using them.

Lots of panic going on right now.

Thanked by 1Aquatis_Joseph
  • well @Advin servers are also affected at least in 1 location as i recall but they started shifting to owned hardware so lets see

• did my part, backed up my VPS and turned it off as it was quite laggy. good luck for those who have more there.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Kris said:

dedicated providers on LET today

Hahahaha for sure.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • nh5xnh5x Member

@MrRadic said:

@Aquatis_Joseph said:

Lots of panic going on right now.

The same amount of panic goes on when you claim that your racks in PNJ1 that are subleased from Constant are staffed 24/7 and I spent 12 hours waiting for you guys to fix a power issue on a server 3 years ago. You really need to stop lying that you're staffed 24/7 in NJ. You're not. Then I happened to be in the facility a few weeks later servicing equipment held with Choopa at the time, and no one from RS being on staff at all for the entire 9 hours I spent doing a migration in the facility at that time.

From a party who's currently panicking a bit, I'd hope that you have a plan for when Constant finally takes your racks over for Vultr growth and opts to not renew your contract.

Thanked by 2fluffernutter lonea
  • dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

if someone doesn't have a new provider yet and needs a VM in Germany with some storage for a short time, please let me know, unfortunately our USA site needs some more time - but this may help one or the other who needs to quickly save his data :)

Thanked by 3sebkehl dedicados Zurg
  • So other than Ernie who is awesome for even commenting, has dedipath said anything other than the email? They sound very cowardly.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@tommyluo said:
    It is good that @EthernetServers and @HostEONS have done migration in advance before dedipath close the service.

Guys full on galaxy brained this one for sure. Good job to them.

Francisco

• KrisKris Member

@watwatwat said: So other than Ernie who is awesome for even commenting, has dedipath said anything other than the email? They sound very cowardly.

I think the 301 redirect on the WHMCS ordering page says enough. They can't be bothered to.

• nh5xnh5x Member

Putting that rant aside, anyone else hear from Evocative about equipment pickup yet? I kind of thought that we were dealing with money issues when the outage happened a few weeks ago and I called it in the outage thread. Guess I was right.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @Kris said:

@watwatwat said: So other than Ernie who is awesome for even commenting, has dedipath said anything other than the email? They sound very cowardly.

I think the 301 redirect on the WHMCS ordering page says enough. They can't be bothered to.

I dont know if it says enough but it is confirmation. I guess I value a little bit more transparency than cowardly purging. I hope people get their hardware back.

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

If anyone is in need of migration from any west coast sites, we can help physically migrate colocation servers quickly to our Salt Lake City data center. Please feel free to get in touch and we'll arrange transportation if required.

Thanked by 1Zurg
  • Where is everyone's Disaster Recovery plan?

Thanked by 1gwnd1989
  • KrisKris Member

@watwatwat said: I dont know if it says enough but it is confirmation. I guess I value a little bit more transparency than cowardly purging. I hope people get their hardware back.

From their email sent, they suggest that people contact the datacenters. That plus 301 redirecting WHMCS means their site will likely go down in a week or two.

It's going to be a mess as they seem to be backing out, no interest of helping clients who colo'd. End user clients picking up servers when their site goes down is going to be hell.

@servarica_hani gave some great advice about taking inventory and snapshots / copies of your server data such as serial numbers (ideally down to the HDD, lshw) if it comes down to that.

• jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

@nh5x said:
    Putting that rant aside, anyone else hear from Evocative about equipment pickup yet? I kind of thought that we were dealing with money issues when the outage happened a few weeks ago and I called it in the outage thread. Guess I was right.

Are they with Evocative? Thought it was Flexential?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2023

@watwatwat said:
    So other than Ernie who is awesome for even commenting, has dedipath said anything other than the email? They sound very cowardly.

Samantha responded to my email at 6am EDT pretty darn quick to confirm the email in the OP was accurate. So I don't think they are hiding per say, more likely just looking for new jobs.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@MallocVoidstar said:
    <24 hour warning makes it look obviously fake, I don't see how they'd get away with that without a bunch of lawsuits

Lawsuit is useless if the company closes it's doors.
    Writing has been on the walls for a while that something bad was happening there.

• KrisKris Member

flexential: Dallas, Las Vegas, Denver, Atlanta, Jacksonville

Sabey: Seattle

Path: Phoenix

Evocative: Secaucus, Redondo Beach, San Jose

• GeoBeoGeoBeo Member, Patron Provider

Psychz Networks will try to match deals, let us know if we can help on Colocation or Bare-Metal servers