Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of Kiwi on clearnet? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end of Kiwi on clearnet?

Comments

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2023

@kait said: You can't solely blame KF if there are many other factors in play. so both cases can't be solely blamed on KF and are a far reach.

So we can blame KF, just not solely?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Mumbly said:

@kait said: You can't solely blame KF if there are many other factors in play. so both cases can't be solely blamed on KF and are a far reach.

Also, it’s an obvious straw man argument, since @SirFoxy never said that Kiwi is the sole reason for any suicide

• kaitkait Member

@Mumbly said: So we can blame KF, just not solely?

That is not what I said.

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:

@Mumbly said: So we can blame KF, just not solely?

That is not what I said.

You said blaming KF soley is a far-reach, so he asked if blaming KF partly is OK, he didn’t accuse you of saying anything; he quoted what you said.

Notice the ”?”.

• kaitkait Member

@emgh said: never said that Kiwi is the sole reason for any suicide

But he did say that KF was the direct cause of suicides which is false because there is no proof

• kaitkait Member

@emgh said: You said blaming KF soley is a far-reach, so he asked if blaming KF partly is OK, he didn’t accuse you of saying anything; he quoted what you said.

Notice the ”?”.

And I answered no without saying no :)

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

@kait said:

@emgh said: You said blaming KF soley is a far-reach, so he asked if blaming KF partly is OK, he didn’t accuse you of saying anything; he quoted what you said.

Notice the ”?”.

And I answered no without saying no :)

So there’s no way bullying could ever increase the risk of suicide?

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2023

@kait said: And I answered

No you didn't :) My question is unanswered.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • xespoxespo Member
    edited June 2023

Not interested in constantly checking in on this site tbh. They just kept trying to make as many enemies as possible and don't plan on stopping so their future looks bleak.

I also had to deal with deplatforming stuff and eventually just caved because it was no longer fun. Figured if it was no longer fun, no point. Not a culture warrior really and the information I put out was already disseminated or archived on easily browsable archive sites. Am much healthier since taking my websites offline.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • kaitkait Member

@emgh said: So there’s no way bullying could ever increase the risk of suicide?

It can but there is no proof of it ever happening.

@Mumbly said: No you didn't :) My question is unanswered.

I said no

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:

@emgh said: So there’s no way bullying could ever increase the risk of suicide?

It can but there is no proof of it ever happening.

So if someone is mentally unstable

And you start bullying the person

And the person committs suicide

You’re not morally in the wrong because there’s no proof of the bullying being what caused the suicide?

• kaitkait Member

@emgh said: So if someone is mentally unstable

You’re not morally in the wrong because there’s no proof of the bullying being what caused the suicide?

Chloe committed suicide 8 months after the thread died down and already tried it twice before the thread existed.

Terryberry actively taunted KF to find more information.

You can't blame someone without proof because that is defamation.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@kait said:

@emgh said: never said that Kiwi is the sole reason for any suicide

But he did say that KF was the direct cause of suicides which is false because there is no proof

The beginning said (and still says):

"Nobody is really listening, but... when you've grown big enough you're causing targeted harassment to the extent these victims are committing suicide... that's a problem."

The end said:

"The site produces some awful, awful content, stalkers, radicalized individuals, and directly caused people to commit suicide..."

I have edited the wordage at the end to say:

"The site produces some awful, awful content, stalkers, radicalized individuals, and has directly contributed to people committing suicide…"

To appease you and clarify.

• kaitkait Member

@SirFoxy said: "The site produces some awful, awful content, stalkers, radicalized individuals, and has directly contributed to people committing suicide…"

Still no mention of KF in their suicide notes though :)

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:

Chloe committed suicide 8 months after the thread died down and already tried it twice before the thread existed.

Terryberry actively taunted KF to find more information.

You can't blame someone without proof because that is defamation.

You ignored my question

Also,

I can accuse Kiwi users of having psychopatic tendencies, if you really think I’ve broken any swedish law by saying so, feel free to sue me

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:

@SirFoxy said: "The site produces some awful, awful content, stalkers, radicalized individuals, and has directly contributed to people committing suicide…"

This is what a healthy bully has to say when his victim commits suicide, that’s well-known

• @kait said:

Do you really think a massive and orchestrated digital harassment campaign against a mentally ill person isn't going to contribute to them later committing suicide?

• kaitkait Member

@emgh said: I can accuse Kiwi users of having psychopatic tendencies, if you really think I’ve broken any swedish law by saying so, feel free to sue me

Accusing and saying "and directly caused people to commit suicide" are two different things.

• emghemgh Member

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

Do you really think a massive and orchestrated digital harassment campaign against a mentally ill person isn't going to contribute to them later committing suicide?

”There’s no proof so morally it’s not wrong”

You’re not going to get any smarter reply than that

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • kaitkait Member

@SirFoxy said: Do you really think a massive and orchestrated digital harassment campaign against a mentally ill person isn't going to contribute to them later committing suicide?

If we talk solely about Chloe becuase TerryBerry taunted and provoked KF. Chloe had a track record of lying, blaming homelessness and mental health issues, the thread dying 8 months before the suicide and trying suicide twice before the thread even existed it is a stretch to put KF anywhere near it.

But read Destiny's article its good and he hates KF so unbiased.

• kaitkait Member

We are definitely going in circles though, and I have better things to do than defend the true king of the holy land joshua connor moon :smile:

• emghemgh Member

@kait said:
    We are definitely going in circles though, and I have better things to do than defend the true king of the holy land joshua connor moon :smile:

Doubt it

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@kait said:

I sent an email to Josh giving him the chance to give his perspective and he called me a furry, btw.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • AltesAltes Member

Free speech is holy, but lest not forget that Josh is the sole creator of the KF's clearnet troubles, and if he was less confused about his sexuality, none of this would have happened. Put simply, he's not a martyr. He's just a confused manchild.

The reason why he was in turn targeted by the trans community is because of his taunting and passive aggressive comments.

Pay the person no attention, and they will go away. Taunt them with something they cannot change about themselves, and they will make it their mission to destroy you and your life.

He broke the most important rule of them all: he talked to the lolcows.

• kaitkait Member

@SirFoxy said: I sent an email to Josh giving him the chance to give his perspective and he called me a furry, btw.

Hahaha, funny man.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • xespoxespo Member
    edited June 2023

@kait said:

@emgh said: I can accuse Kiwi users of having psychopatic tendencies, if you really think I’ve broken any swedish law by saying so, feel free to sue me

Accusing and saying "and directly caused people to commit suicide" are two different things.

KF was about 75% an IIED site banking on safe harbour laws to stay afloat. I've seen KF deny suicides from sites which are literally/exclusively/provably dedicated to suicide encouragement. They don't really have an honest bone in their body.

On an unrelated note, I find it funny the websites first 3 years were lowkey SJWs picking on misogyny and incels, then they all became misogynist incels and trans ppl picking on trans ppl.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@kait said: and hate speech is not really a thing.

Are you kidding???

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2023

@kait said:

Please understand this lacks any sane logic, as if only peak shittiness would cause suicide and not a feeling of "this is never going to end".

The biggest problem with KF seems to be that it's a collection of scum.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @kait said:

@SirFoxy said: Do you really think a massive and orchestrated digital harassment campaign against a mentally ill person isn't going to contribute to them later committing suicide?

If we talk solely about Chloe becuase TerryBerry taunted and provoked KF. Chloe had a track record of lying, blaming homelessness and mental health issues, the thread dying 8 months before the suicide and trying suicide twice before the thread even existed it is a stretch to put KF anywhere near it.

But read Destiny's article its good and he hates KF so unbiased.

Oh fuck, he just pulled a "she asked for it". What a POS.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @emgh said:

@kait said:

Doubt it

He's got stalking and harassing to do...

Thanked by 1emgh
This discussion has been closed.