Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of Kiwi on clearnet? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end of Kiwi on clearnet?

124»

Comments

• @kait said:

@SirFoxy said: I sent an email to Josh giving him the chance to give his perspective and he called me a furry, btw.

Hahaha, funny man.

Why am I not surprised by your idea of humour...

Thanked by 1emgh
  • kaitkait Member

@TimboJones said: Oh fuck, he just pulled a "she asked for it". What a POS.

Did she not ask KF to dig up more correct information on herself.....????

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:
    We are definitely going in circles though, and I have better things to do than defend the true king of the holy land joshua connor moon :smile:

I sent an email to Josh giving him the chance to give his perspective and he called me a furry, btw.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy ChrisMiller
  • xespoxespo Member
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

@emgh said: never said that Kiwi is the sole reason for any suicide

But he did say that KF was the direct cause of suicides which is false because there is no proof

The beginning said (and still says):

"Nobody is really listening, but... when you've grown big enough you're causing targeted harassment to the extent these victims are committing suicide... that's a problem."

The end said:

"The site produces some awful, awful content, stalkers, radicalized individuals, and directly caused people to commit suicide..."

I have edited the wordage at the end to say:

"The site produces some awful, awful content, stalkers, radicalized individuals, and has directly contributed to people committing suicide…"

To appease you and clarify.

"Alt-right hate-site [...] Kiwi Farms is essentially a fork of 8Chan, Frederick’s creation."

Bizarre way to frame it. Brennan had ties to the owner but isn't really a character in this.

Better way to describe it imho is "IIED site which initially served as a forum for a wiki about an autistic man they were stalking and harassing".

https://www.findlaw.com/injury/torts-and-personal-injuries/intentional-infliction-of-emotional-distress.html

• @xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

But he did say that KF was the direct cause of suicides which is false because there is no proof

"Nobody is really listening, but... when you've grown big enough you're causing targeted harassment to the extent these victims are committing suicide... that's a problem."

The end said:

"The site produces some awful, awful content, stalkers, radicalized individuals, and directly caused people to commit suicide..."

"The site produces some awful, awful content, stalkers, radicalized individuals, and has directly contributed to people committing suicide…"

"Alt-right hate-site [...] Kiwi Farms is essentially a fork of 8Chan, Frederick’s creation."

Bizarre way to frame it. Better way to describe it imho is "IIED site which initially served as a forum for a wiki about an autistic man they were stalking and harassing".

https://www.findlaw.com/injury/torts-and-personal-injuries/intentional-infliction-of-emotional-distress.html

You can write the same thing a lot of different ways.

• xespoxespo Member
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

The end said:

Bizarre way to frame it. Better way to describe it imho is "IIED site which initially served as a forum for a wiki about an autistic man they were stalking and harassing".

the blog post is inconsequential but IIED is illegal and hate isn't in the USA, so there is a difference

• @xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

The end said:

the blog post is inconsequential but IIED is illegal and hate sites aren't in the USA, so there is a difference

I wanted to refrain from making any legal arguments and stick to the moral argument of the sites existence and purpose.

• xespoxespo Member
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

The end said:

the blog post is inconsequential but IIED is illegal and hate sites aren't in the USA, so there is a difference

I wanted to refrain from making any legal arguments and stick to the moral argument of the sites existence and purpose.

waste of time, everyone already knows it's immoral. Only thing KF is scared of is the law, which they violate. Tho not sure how much any of this matters now that trans ppl have effectively taken the site offline.

• If what people say what has been happening on there, then why hasn't a judge issued a warrant and charged the individuals criminally?

It is a slippery slope when companies become the judge and jury when they don't hold the liability.

• @xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

The end said:

waste of time, everyone already knows it's immoral. Only thing KF is scared of is the law, which they violate. Tho not sure how much any of this matters now that trans ppl have effectively taken the site offline.

That's an argument you could make, sure.

But the part at the end there was basically the point of the article.

It genuinely seems Joshua Moon is starting to run out of ammo in terms of keeping Kiwi Farms up. De-platforming is winning.

• kaitkait Member

@johnnyquestion said: If what people say what has been happening on there, then why hasn't a judge issued a warrant and charged the individuals criminally?

Because nothing illegal happened on the site.

• xespoxespo Member
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@xespo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@kait said:

The end said:

That's an argument you could make, sure.

But the part at the end there was basically the point of the article.

It genuinely seems Joshua Moon is starting to run out of ammo in terms of keeping Kiwi Farms up. De-platforming is winning.

I'm sure KF can go back online if they are masochistic enough. Thing I have an issue with is people pretending like this is an internet MMORPG with a final winner or loser, and with many warring people. And one which supposedly "determines the fate of the internet or the value of deplatforming". People who spin this weird narrative introduce all sorts of baggage to the discussion which are totally unrelated, like Brennan in your blog post.

Contrary to the MMORPG narrative, the "deplatforming" has seemingly been the main effort of a single person: Fong Jones and maybe 1-2 DDOSers unrelated to any campaign.

People like to pretend like there is some sort of mass campaign going on, but there likely isn't. The only thing resembling that, the Twitter hashtag was just a bunch of grifters and flamed out fast.

Cloudflare pretty much ignored everything until Fong Jones took this IRL and did a protest outside Cloudflare's headquarters. After which Cloudflare bent like a soggy piece of bread.

99.999% of deplatformers are just grifters or counterproductive. There's "deplatforming" groups dedicated to "hate sites" that are 100k+ members large and do jack shit or are hostile to anything approaching actual action.

KF rode a flying carpet with no effort because they initially picked on people with no technical skills or money. Now they pick on people with both, and all it took was one or a few barely influential people to cause them significant issue.

This discussion has been closed.