Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of Kiwi on clearnet?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end of Kiwi on clearnet?

sandozsandoz Veteran

Looks like Kiwi was ended in clearnet.

Since most of providers can't help them. Many issues and they are searching for someone that may help them to host their forum, but looks like is being hard.

Is this the end of Kiwi? What providers can do to protect freedom of speech (not talking about Kiwi) but in general if this happens with many and others websites.

Everything is described in their main domain (looks like they are blocking IP lookup like Check-host, DNSDumpster etc.)

What you think they can do?

Source: kiwifarms.net

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
  • kaitkait Member
    edited May 2023

@sandoz said: Is this the end of Kiwi?

No, there are still things in the works and there are still providers (ddos protection/hosting) that are fine with hosting the Kiwi's and if they get pushed off again it will be lawfare.

@sandoz said: Everything is described in their main domain (looks like they are blocking IP lookup like Check-host, DNSDumpster etc.)

There is a dnssec issue I think. I think the dnssec keys expired.

• neckbreakerneckbreaker Member
    edited May 2023

Rest assured it will be back.

Terrorists and enemies of free speech, will pay for it.

Crazy world we live in, a rapist can "legally" take down incriminating evidence using media sites as a pillar for making a point in his deranged head and terrorizing innocent people. He was also going after Archive.today for archiving it. There are a few providers here who got a taste of what this sex pest is capable of, but we can't surrender, many had to purely because of him terrorizing innocent people that weren't even related to it.
    He will also coincidentally never be a woman.

Thanked by 1kait
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

I have contacted several times @JoshuaMoon for allow me , for host kiwifarms.net but every time ignore me :(

Regards,
    Calin

edited May 2023

@Calin said:
    I have contacted several times @JoshuaMoon for allow me , for host kiwifarms.net but every time ignore me :(

Regards,
    Calin

To be honest, I just don't think you understand what it would mean to you and your business.
    You were down for weeks due to a ddos attack, now imagine its 24/7 for months.

And we are talking x 100Gbps attacks, up to Tbps.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • inlandinland Member
    edited May 2023

I see that Joshua already screwed up by not putting up any onion mirror links for the 10% of the audience that remained on the site (not even trying to be demeaning - the online member count went down from 5000 to 500 once moving to Tor).

I'd say the site will be gone in less than a year. My prediction on how it's gonna go (in no particular order):

• another of Joshua's pointless Rust web app side projects gets hacked, attacker (probably a 14 y.o. kid from Kurdistan) steals the onion keys and shuts down the site
    • the Telegram channel gets banned
    • somebody figures a way to get Joshua thrown in jail for whatever reason (not particularly hard)

and it's gone.

@Calin said: I have contacted several times @JoshuaMoon for allow me , for host kiwifarms.net but every time ignore me :(

@Calin my friend you're just not alt-tech enough.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @neckbreaker yes I'm know this, but for a client that kiwifarms my ISP it's possible to help with these problems, if @JoshuaMoon would be willing to pay 700+ euros/monthly might do these things, my provider does not care about this type of website, why happens in the network when it comes to free speak

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 1neckbreaker
    edited May 2023

Just for your information, Kevin is a clueless larper.
    Most of the shit that comes out of his mouth, are lies.

He is the same person who created a "blocklist" consisting of companies that host/ed kiwifarms and wanted people to use it.
    It consisted off networks such as cloudflare, he literally wanted people to drop all traffic in and out cloudflare just because of a website on the internet he doesn't like. He is an insanely dumb person.

• ThundasThundas Member
    edited May 2023

From an outsider perspective, everything went downhill once keffal or whatever the streamer name is got swatted. Cloudflare was trying its best to keep kiwifarms afloat, the moment the swatting gained traction on the mainstream media, it was the start of the troubles for kiwifarms, once cloudflare shield was gone, they went after the host & everything. All liz fong jones needed to do once cloudflare was gone is just to go after the companies that cant be bothered to take any heat.

edited May 2023

@Thundas said: keffal or whatever the streamer name is got swatted

The worst thing is, he didn't get swatted at all - it was a search warrant(which requires more information and basis than just a call - which is often used for "swatting"), he even tried to sue Police dep for it, but all the money he crowdfunded for it was spent on opiods and amphetamines feeding his addiction. You will see this person in jail some day for wire fraud.

Thanked by 1Thundas
  • kaitkait Member

@Thundas said: everything went downhill once keffal or whatever the streamer name is got swatted

Keffals never got swatted but yeah, after cloudflare dropped it went downhill from their sadly. Shows everyone how powerful cloudflare is and how there aren't any real alternatives around.

Thanked by 1Thundas
  • ThundasThundas Member
    edited May 2023

@kait said:

@Thundas said: everything went downhill once keffal or whatever the streamer name is got swatted

Keffals never got swatted but yeah, after cloudflare dropped it went downhill from their sadly. Shows everyone how powerful cloudflare is and how there aren't any real alternatives around.

Yeah, cloudflare has the power to fight its upstream, that is how powerful it is, I remember rob monster tried creating an alternative but they were not powerful enough and their upstream simply dropped them.

Even terrorist organisations are using cloudflare haha

• kaitkait Member

@Thundas said: Even terrorist organisations are using cloudflare haha

Yup, that is still the funny part, KF who never did anything illegal under US laws got booted but there are so many illegal websites on CF, its laughably sad.

• ThundasThundas Member
    edited May 2023

@neckbreaker said:

@Thundas said: keffal or whatever the streamer name is got swatted

The worst thing is, he didn't get swatted at all - it was a search warrant(which requires more information and basis than just a call - which is often used for "swatting"), he even tried to sue Police dep for it, but all the money he crowdfunded for it was spent on opiods and amphetamines feeding his addiction. You will see this person in jail some day for wire fraud.

Yeah figured as much, but shows how flawed the majority of media is, they only propagate whatever is trending for views and never follow up on what they report.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

What about Bahnhof? They fight in the court. But I'm not seeing they hosting kiwi, due to high DDoS attacks.

https://bahnhof.se/ - The main issue should be the DDoS, otherwise I think they could host it.

• VoidVoid Member

@Calin said:

Regards,
    Calin

Hell no. Please don’t. Not because I hate kiwifarms but I like to see my €5 VPS online for longer.

Thanked by 1kait
  • ThundasThundas Member
    edited May 2023

@kait said:

@Thundas said: Even terrorist organisations are using cloudflare haha

Yup, that is still the funny part, KF who never did anything illegal under US laws got booted but there are so many illegal websites on CF, its laughably sad.

I guess there was a powerful entity stomping on cloudflare's neck to force them to drop protection for kiwi & Cloudflare figured that it was not worth the hassle to continue the fight, and the trending news at the time also didn't help, I understand before that, they were actively trying to ask cf to drop kiwi but cloudflare didn't budge.

• VoidVoid Member

Jokes aside, how practical would it be to host such a forum in ndn system ? Assuming you can take all the heat.

• kaitkait Member

@sandoz said: What about Bahnhof? They fight in the court. But I'm not seeing they hosting kiwi, due to high DDoS attacks.

https://bahnhof.se/ - The main issue should be the DDoS, otherwise I think they could host it.

Yes that is the biggest problem right now.

• dosaidosai Member

This was the last update on their telegram,

https://t.me/kiwifarms/171

• kaitkait Member
    edited May 2023

@dosai said:
    This was the last update on their telegram,

https://t.me/kiwifarms/171

You can't preview KF on the TG website, so here is a screenshot for the non-tg-users.

• sillycatsillycat Member
    edited May 2023

Doubt. By the looks of it, he is just looking for something stable; he doesn't want to juggle frontends.

Also, according to his podcast from the 19th of May:

• As long as he is alive, he will continue to try.
    • He is pretty sure this will end in lawsuits.
    • He has plans to make it work; it will just take time.
  • inlandinland Member

@kait said: You can't preview KF on the TG website, so here is a screenshot for the non-tg-users.

For reference, somebody made a tool to export Telegram channels to RSS. It lets you preview Telegram channels without having an account, even when they're blocked.

https://tg.i-c-a.su/rss/kiwifarms

(you should not really use Telegram for anything anyway)

Thanked by 3kait MannDude dosai
  • Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member

@inland said:

@kait said: You can't preview KF on the TG website, so here is a screenshot for the non-tg-users.

For reference, somebody made a tool to export Telegram channels to RSS. It lets you preview Telegram channels without having an account, even when they're blocked.

Huh, so what's the alternative?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Ed_Chd said:

@inland said:

Session and Signal are probably the only two privacy communication apps that aren't horrible.

Thanked by 1kait
  • Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member
    edited May 2023

@MannDude said:

@Ed_Chd said:

@inland said:

Session and Signal are probably the only two privacy communication apps that aren't horrible.

Scratch Signal - No phone number hiding, toxic community, not having a single idea towards anti-censorship while talking shit. They're dicks, period.
    Session is one I can wholeheartedly recommend, although their feature set isn't yet comparable to what Telegram offers now.

Thanked by 1Void
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited May 2023

@Ed_Chd said:

@inland said:

Telegram. We should know that when Signal or Session be "famous" they will receive pressure and they will be like otherelse.

At least Telegram is much better than WhatsApp.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2023

@Ed_Chd said:

@MannDude said:

@Ed_Chd said:

@inland said:

Scratch Signal - No phone number hiding, toxic community, not having a single idea towards anti-censorship while talking shit. They're dicks, period.
    Session is one I can wholeheartedly recommend, although their feature set isn't yet comparable to what Telegram offers now.

What's the Signal community you speak of? I don't mean to derail this thread, but I've never seen anything questionable presented to me in the app and Signal being pro-censorship is something I've never heard before.

Signal is great for communicating with people you know already like co-workers, peers, friends, family. People you trust to have your number. The voice and video chat feature works well too.

Session is also good, but lacks wide adoption. Lot of scammers and pieces of shit on it, and it's backed by an Australian based organization with a bunch of venture capital behind it, LokiNet and Oxen I do believe. The app is great but sadly no one really uses it in my peer group. Curious to see what the future holds for it since the whole point of everything on that ecosystem is to pump Oxen, a coin that isn't accepted anywhere useful.

• kaitkait Member

@MannDude said: What's the Signal community you speak of? I don't mean to derail this thread, but I've never seen anything questionable presented to me in the app and Signal being pro-censorship is something I've never heard before.

Signal is great for communicating with people you know already like co-workers, peers, friends, family. People you trust to have your number. The voice and video chat feature works well too.

This thread will be derailed regardless, and it is still on the censorship/privacy topic <3

While Signal is centralized and "easily" censored (happened some time ago but they offer proxy support to fix this) I also agree that Signal is the best in the chatapp space. Especially for a Whatsapp alternative because it isn't really ment for communities. I use it daily and forced everyone I know to use it, love everything about it (except mobile coin, I ignore that part)

@MannDude said: Session is also good, but lacks wide adoption. Lot of scammers and pieces of shit on it, and it's backed by an Australian based organization with a bunch of venture capital behind it, LokiNet and Oxen I do believe. The app is great but sadly no one really uses it in my peer group. Curious to see what the future holds for it since the whole point of everything on that ecosystem is to pump Oxen, a coin that isn't accepted anywhere useful.

There is currently also some drama around LokiNet and Oxen so while the app and idea is great it isn't working out that great.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jmaxwell said:
    how practical would it be to host such a forum in ndn system ? Assuming you can take all the heat.

It is totally to host forums on Named Data Networking global network.
    See the design in this paper:

Ashlesh Gawande, Jeremy Clark, Damian Coomes, and Lan Wang. 2019. Decentralized and Secure Multimedia Sharing Application over Named Data Networking. In Proceedings of the 6th ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN '19). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 19–29. https://doi.org/10.1145/3357150.3357402

Thanked by 1Void
This discussion has been closed.