Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• banditobandito Member

I would like a free VM in London to test a fun node.js app that I've been developing for the past few months, would appreciate the 1gb ram too since I might need to run some small docker services alongside it.

Client No: 2133
    Your ID: 303557431560

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • nameinnamein Member

I would like to get a free NAT for relaying some login requirements. If possible, please assign a connection to Tokyo.

This is my donation record:

Client No: 2134
    Your ID: 425194079328

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @sh97 said:
    Hello all,

We have some exciting news to share with you!

We are launching 2 new locations today:

• Phoenix, Arizona, US - #ThanksGTHost @GTHost
    • Tokyo, JP - #ThanksWebHorizon @Abd

Phoenix is available in the usual 2 plans, free and donor.

Due to the limited resources in Tokyo, we have decided to offer this location with only a donor plan, ie, to get a VPS here, you will have to donate.

The plan is also modified to fit within available resources, so here is what you get, for now:
    1x AMD EPYC (Shared, 50%)
    768MB RAM
    10GB NVMe SSD (RAID-10)
    200GB@100Mbps

New Website Launch

We also have a newly revamped website now at https://freevps.org/
    This website should now contain all information related to our service.

New OS Templates available

We now have new OS templates - including ArchLinux, FreeBSD, OpenSUSE and of course, Debian 12 Bookworm!

Uptime Monitoring

Hetrixtools is set up and available at https://uptime.freevps.org/

Thanks to @yoursunny for ndpresponder - which @FatGrizzly used to fix IPv6 on TYO.

We hope you have fun with your free VPS.
    -The FreeVPS Team

Can donations be paid only in U.S. dollars and not in other currencies?
    Is the certification also in English only?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @BetaRacks said:

I don't speak on behalf of the team at FreeVPS, but I have seen others donate in currencies other than USD and with the proof of donation in languages other than English.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@Xrmaddness said:

@BetaRacks said:

I don't speak on behalf of the team at FreeVPS, but I have seen others donate in currencies other than USD and with the proof of donation in languages other than English.

Yup, any currency and any language is fine, but they will be converted to USD and they must match the minimum donation amount.

There's an internal discussion going on regarding the minimum donation, if anyone is gonna donate right now. Please hold on for a while.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • somiksomik Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@Xrmaddness said:

@BetaRacks said:

Yup, any currency and any language is fine, but they will be converted to USD and they must match the minimum donation amount.

There's an internal discussion going on regarding the minimum donation, if anyone is gonna donate right now. Please hold on for a while.

Recommend to set it to $7 :lol:

• sh97sh97 Member

Hello all,
    We would like to inform you that we have made some modifications to the requirements. The updated criteria are as follows:

• LET/LES account must be 3 months or older to qualify
    • Active account (you need to have a decent amount of recent posts)
    • At least 50 or more non-spammy posts
    • At least 25 thanks on your profile
    • Donor plans now require a minimum equivalent of $5 in any currency, to any charity. For a VPS which you will be using for a long time, we believe this a fair ask. Above all, it is for a good cause.

We have kept the other requirements unchanged as we aim to keep the process accessible while deterring abuse as much as possible.

Thank you for your understanding!
    -The FreeVPS Team

• Even though the requirements are getting harder, which is inevitable to prevent spammers. I personally feel that it is valid and it also encourages people to be sociable in this space! Still looking forward to the day I can finally get it hehe!

Also, even though I only joined this space for 1.5months, I have gained many insights on the budget VPS space. Learning how to benchmark, compare prices and even bought my very first VPS recently, thanks to this community! More to learn too!

edited May 2023

@bandito said:
    I would like a free VM in London to test a fun node.js app that I've been developing for the past few months, would appreciate the 1gb ram too since I might need to run some small docker services alongside it.

Client No: 2133
    Your ID: 303557431560

Deployed and bumped to 1GB.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@namein said:
    I would like to get a free NAT for relaying some login requirements. If possible, please assign a connection to Tokyo.

This is my donation record:

Client No: 2134
    Your ID: 425194079328

Hey, can you define "relaying login requirements"?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@sh97 said:
    Hello all,
    We would like to inform you that we have made some modifications to the requirements. The updated criteria are as follows:

• LET/LES account must be 3 months or older to qualify
    • Active account (you need to have a decent amount of recent posts)
    • At least 50 or more non-spammy posts
    • At least 25 thanks on your profile
    • Donor plans now require a minimum equivalent of $5 in any currency, to any charity. For a VPS which you will be using for a long time, we believe this a fair ask. Above all, it is for a good cause.

We have kept the other requirements unchanged as we aim to keep the process accessible while deterring abuse as much as possible.

Thank you for your understanding!
    -The FreeVPS Team

@Not_Oles can you update the OP?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@FatGrizzly said: @Not_Oles can you update the OP?

Yes, I will do it tomorrow. Sleep now. ๐Ÿ˜ด

Best wishes!

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly

@Not_Oles said:

Best wishes!

@sh97 @FatGrizzly @TheOnlyDK

Done. Please double check and let me know if I made any mistakes. Thanks! :)

• Is anyone running Asterisk sip/voip on one of these NAT machines?

@Not_Oles said:

@Not_Oles said:

Best wishes!

@sh97 @FatGrizzly @TheOnlyDK

Done. Please double check and let me know if I made any mistakes. Thanks! :)

all good

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • GanonkGanonk Member

nice ๐Ÿฅฐ

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Hello guys!

I was talking with the FreeVPS.org team, and I heard the great news that FreeVPS.org passed the milestone of having given out 50 servers! 56 to be precise.

The top locations by number of requests are ScaleBlade London (21), GTHost CHI (14), and Crunchbits CDA (12).

Thanks and congrats to all the FreeVPS.org providers, including ScaleBlade, GTHost, Crunchbits, WebHorizon, and PieHasBeenEaten!

Notably, I haven't heard any problem reports about any of the donated servers. That's awesome!

As we go forward, it would be nice to have another EU location and another location in Asia. Also, FreeVPS.org could use a Public Relations Director to take over management of the threads as well as a Project Leader.

Please feel free to get in touch if you want to join the FreeVPPS.org Team. And, of course, please do post here in this thread if you meet the requirements in the OP and want a free VPS.

Special thanks to Jon Biloh, DP, yoursunny, TheOnlyDK, sh97, Cloudie, Virtfusion, and others who have worked hard to help FreeVPS.org! <3

Best wishes!

Tom

• harrisonharrison Member
    edited May 2023

I've noticed now there is a "Proxy Protocol" in the Add Domain section. It has options Off, v1 and v2 , with off being the default.

What is the use of this setting? Any links so I could read up more on it?
    @FatGrizzly

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@harrison said:
    I've noticed now there is a "Proxy Protocol" in the Add Domain section. It has options Off, v1 and v2 , with off being the default.

@FatGrizzly

I talked with VF developers and they told me its a HAproxy setting.

https://www.haproxy.com/blog/use-the-proxy-protocol-to-preserve-a-clients-ip-address/

Thanked by 2harrison Not_Oles
  • Woo that renewal fee ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • liaoxxliaoxx Member

@harrison said:

@FatGrizzly

Only None works for my website, V1 V2 didn't work. So I choose None

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • liaoxxliaoxx Member

@bamboo4409 said:
    Woo that renewal fee ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

Last time I asked same qustion, Team said that there have enough credits in your account for recurring.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • sh97sh97 Member

@bamboo4409 said:

@liaoxx said:

@bamboo4409 said:

Last time I asked same qustion, Team said that there have enough credits in your account for recurring.

Looks like there is a general confusion. We will consider adding an FAQ section here and on the website.

Anyways, to answer your question, as liaoxx said, when a VPS is deployed for you, we add a generous amount of credits, which you can use to renew the service.

And ofc, if anyone faces any issues with renewal, just post here and we'll be happy to help.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @liaoxx said:

@harrison said:

@FatGrizzly

Only None works for my website, V1 V2 didn't work. So I choose None

Your service on the HTTP ports would need to support it. For example NGINX https://www.scaleway.com/en/docs/tutorials/proxy-protocol-v2-load-balancer/#configuring-proxy-protocol-in-nginx-web-server

Hi Everyone! Just letting all you know that this thread's OP has been updated by adding a FAQ section. Special thanks to @sh97 for drafting the FAQ and for working so closely and cooperatively with the FreeVPS Users, Donors, and Admin Team! ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

edited June 2023

tldr; london node ip change

Hey fellas, long time since we've posted.

We have been running successfully in the past, and continue to, but we have an announcement to make regarding our London node sponsored by @Jack_SBE.

Our provider is changing IP Address, 149.18.80.21(old) -> 82.215.64.76(new)

I've planned to make the transition on June 24th, 2PM IST.

All other servers will be upgraded to latest system software, and be rebooted.

This information will soon be relayed to all our users via an email too.

msg from @Jack_SBE:

Move to the owned range should ensure this never has to happen again.
    tldr on our end; suppliers, ip pricing and random fees

• Also change IPV6 ?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • ThanksGTHost

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • ThanksGTHost

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
    edited June 2023

@Carlin0 said:
    Also change IPV6 ?

No change in v6 prefix, just v4.