Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org - Page 27
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@tommyluo said:
    Spend USD25 to get one vps from greencloud is much easier.

I had a chance to talk with NDTN at Greencloud! Seems like a great guy!

No so poor to beg for free one.

Zero begging needed! 🌟

Thanked by 1febryanvaldo
  • @nyamenk said:

@Not_Oles said:

@nyamenk said:
    Is it possible to get 1GB?

@TheOnlyDK said: FreeVPS Specs
    1x Core (Fair Share)
    512MB Memory, up to 1GB with justification

Please tell the FreeVPS team your use case and why it needs 1 GB. Thanks! :)

Use it for a blog or private VPN

Private VPNs won't need 1GB of RAM. For blogs, we're happy to access on individual basis, PM one of the team members :)

@tommyluo said:
    Spend USD25 to get one vps from greencloud is much easier. No so poor to beg for free one.

The purpose of this project is to reward active community members, there's no begging involved. It's the same as purchasing a service from a provider, except the price is 0 and not much support or SLA/guarantee is provided. Of course, this isn't for everyone as it has its own limitations, but for those who find this project interesting and useful, we're happy we can help.

@bermudi said:

@tommyluo said: No so poor to beg for free one.

well I am :D

too bad I don't qualify haha

We have plenty of stock available and we're constantly sourcing more sponsors. So, keep participating in the community and soon you'll be able to score a VM!

• tenperatenpera Member
    edited August 2023

Client No: 2176
    Your ID: 883588361310

Willing to make a donation of US$5.00 to any charity.
    Just name one, I'll do so. Most of them I know or hear are all crooks.
    I want to use this for practicing Virtualmin/Webmin.

Thankscrunchbits,

ThanksScaleBlade,

ThanksPieHasBeenEaten,

ThanksWebHorizon

Thanks TheOnlyDK

• babywhalebabywhale Member
    edited August 2023

FREE VPS SHEEEEEESH

Thankscrunchbits,
    ThanksScaleBlade,
    ThanksPieHasBeenEaten,
    ThanksWebHorizon
    Thanks TheOnlyDK

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited August 2023

@tenpera said:
    Client No: 2176
    Your ID: 883588361310

Willing to make a donation of US$5.00 to any charity.
    Just name one, I'll do so. Most of them I know or hear are all crooks.
    I want to use this for practicing Virtualmin/Webmin.

Thankscrunchbits,

ThanksScaleBlade,

ThanksPieHasBeenEaten,

ThanksWebHorizon

Thanks TheOnlyDK

We don't require any specific charities. If you have a hard time deciding, here are two:

https://www.savethechildren.net/
    https://www.redcross.org/

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @tommyluo said:
    Spend USD25 to get one vps from greencloud is much easier. No so poor to beg for free one.

actually some of us have greenclouds vps and also this freevps
    because why not?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @TheOnlyDK said:

@nyamenk said:

@Not_Oles said:

@nyamenk said:

1x Core (Fair Share)

Private VPNs won't need 1GB of RAM. For blogs, we're happy to access on individual basis, PM one of the team members :)

@tommyluo said:

The purpose of this project is to reward active community members, there's no begging involved. It's the same as purchasing a service from a provider, except the price is 0 and not much support or SLA/guarantee is provided. Of course, this isn't for everyone as it has its own limitations, but for those who find this project interesting and useful, we're happy we can help.

@bermudi said:

We have plenty of stock available and we're constantly sourcing more sponsors. So, keep participating in the community and soon you'll be able to score a VM!

@TheOnlyDK Regular plan is okay

• @TheOnlyDK thanks, I'll do so later, not now.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @nyamenk said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@nyamenk said:

@Not_Oles said:

@nyamenk said:

1x Core (Fair Share)

@tommyluo said:

@bermudi said:

@TheOnlyDK Regular plan is okay

Just follow the instructions in the OP :)

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • vpsshvpssh Member
    edited August 2023

@TheOnlyDK said:

@vpssh said:
    I add an IPv6 address just now by clicking the "Assign Address" button.

How can I delete it from the panel?
    It seems no button can do that.

I think the panel (VirtFusion) doesn't have the option to delete the IP. You can, however, disable that IP in the panel, pretty much the same thing as deleted.

This should be the last choice, while I still hope there is a solution to delete it.
    I'm confused why they developed the function to add (assign) address without also developing a function to delete.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

How about running a blog in a 512 MB RAM VPS? Does that work?

Suppose we imagine a WordPress blog, because I guess WP is the most common case.

It seems like 512 MB might be the minimal Wordpress requirement, see also Ideal Wordpress Requirements -- 4. RAM (Random Access Memory)

What I couldn't seem to find easily were specific examples of blogs which were running successfully on 512 MB or specific examples of blogs which required a little more than 512 MB.

For this question, "running successfully" doesn't mean serving zillions of requests. Maybe 100 or 1,000 requests per day and relatively simple responses.

Does anybody have specific examples of successful 512 MB WordPress blogs and/or Wordpress blogs which required a little more RAM to run successfully?

Thanks! :)

• @Not_Oles said:

Suppose we imagine a WordPress blog, because I guess WP is the most common case.

It seems like 512 MB might be the minimal Wordpress requirement, see also Ideal Wordpress Requirements -- 4. RAM (Random Access Memory)

What I couldn't seem to find easily were specific examples of blogs which were running successfully on 512 MB or specific examples of blogs which required a little more than 512 MB.

For this question, "running successfully" doesn't mean serving zillions of requests. Maybe 100 or 1,000 requests per day and relatively simple responses.

Does anybody have specific examples of successful 512 MB WordPress blogs and/or Wordpress blogs which required a little more RAM to run successfully?

what you could do is have a local wordpress site to make changes then push that to the 512mb vps that is just running nginx. very lightweight with a good looking site :)

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • I'd use it to run a little telegram script that sends messages to myself. 512 MB ram is overkill :D

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@babywhale said:

@Not_Oles said:

what you could do is have a local wordpress site to make changes then push that to the 512mb vps that is just running nginx. very lightweight with a good looking site :)

Hi @babywhale! I think you have a really fun idea! Another fun idea might be to add swap, maybe another 512 MB or even 1 GB. Yes, swap is slow, but it might be fast enough to work fine if the requirements aren't too demanding. Best! Tom

Thanked by 2babywhale bermudi
  • ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, #ThanksWebHorizon

Thank you very much for the free VPS!
    Is private vpn (nyr script) allowed?

Client No: 2174
    Your ID: 174912975196

@vpssh said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@vpssh said:
    I add an IPv6 address just now by clicking the "Assign Address" button.

How can I delete it from the panel?
    It seems no button can do that.

I think the panel (VirtFusion) doesn't have the option to delete the IP. You can, however, disable that IP in the panel, pretty much the same thing as deleted.

This should be the last choice, while I still hope there is a solution to delete it.
    I'm confused why they developed the function to add (assign) address without also developing a function to delete.

I guess, at the least, if you wanted to get rid of the IPv6 address on the VPS, you could remove the IPv6 address manually with the iproute2 suite. Another possibility might be to block the address with the firewall, or maybe block all IPv6 addresses if that's what you want.

The guys on the FreeVPS team know more about Virtfusion than I know.

Guys, besides removing an address, what about changing an address? Does Virtfusion allow IP address changes?

@vpssh Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind my asking, how will removing the IPv6 address benefit you? Thanks!

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@Not_Oles said:

Time to try this :wink:

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • sh97sh97 Member

@nyamenk said:

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, #ThanksWebHorizon

This has been deployed, have fun!

• sh97sh97 Member

@BasToTheMax said:

@Not_Oles said:

Time to try this :wink:

@crunchbits actually tried this today. Tldr; it works.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @sh97 said:

@nyamenk said:

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, #ThanksWebHorizon

This has been deployed, have fun!

Thank you sir

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • TekoTeko Member
    edited September 2023

Client No: 2187
    Your ID: 007863213705

Planned use: dn42 node
    Preferred location: Tokyo, JP

Would like to grab 1GB of RAM if possible. 768MB RAM enough.
    If Tokyo, JP is not available, I prefer London, UK.

Edit: Just saw Tokyo is donation-only. Will do it and upload the screenshot proof tomorrow due to lack of money in my e-wallet right now. :)

ThanksGTHost

Thankscrunchbits

ThanksScaleBlade

ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

ThanksWebHorizon

• Cool free stuff. Can I get one in Japan?

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Client No: 2188
    Your ID: 557938562589

• @dzungbb said:
    Cool free stuff. Can I get one in Japan?

ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Looks like you missed the requirements section.
    Japan is donation only, and secondly you don't seem to have 50 recent posts...

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • dzungbbdzungbb Member
    edited September 2023

@sh97 said:

@dzungbb said:

Am I missing something? I have almost 300 comments in total :) I just like to read, not to comment regularly

Joined April 2015 Visits 1,032 Last Active 12:51PM Roles Member Thanked 49

I just want to learn to work with NAT server so any location is ok.

Thanks bro.

• TekoTeko Member
    edited September 2023

@Teko said:
    Client No: 2187
    Your ID: 007863213705

Planned use: dn42 node
    Preferred location: Tokyo, JP

Would like to grab 1GB of RAM if possible. 768MB RAM enough.
    If Tokyo, JP is not available, I prefer London, UK.

Edit: Just saw Tokyo is donation-only. Will do it and upload the screenshot proof tomorrow due to lack of money in my e-wallet right now. :)

ThanksGTHost

Thankscrunchbits

ThanksScaleBlade

ThanksPieHasBeenEaten

ThanksWebHorizon

Detail: https://imgur.com/a/1Ti6vxc
    Donated & Proof
    I selected anonymous donate therefore there is no invoice and email.

@dzungbb said:

@sh97 said:

@dzungbb said:

Am I missing something? I have almost 300 comments in total :) I just like to read, not to comment regularly

Thanks bro.

Hi @dzungbb!

If you look at your comment history there are a few recent comments, but then the comments jump back to 2022.

I haven't yet talked with the Team about your request specifically, but normally the Team considers recent comment history.

Please feel free to renew your request in the near future after you have additional recent comments. Also, if a donation is required, it's helpful if you could please make the donation and post proof together with your request.

Thanks for your contributions to the community over the years! Best wishes!

Tom

• @Not_Oles said:

@dzungbb said:

@sh97 said:

@dzungbb said:

Thanks bro.

Hi @dzungbb!

If you look at your comment history there are a few recent comments, but then the comments jump back to 2022.

I haven't yet talked with the Team about your request specifically, but normally the Team considers recent comment history.

Please feel free to renew your request in the near future after you have additional recent comments. Also, if a donation is required, it's helpful if you could please make the donation and post proof together with your request.

Thanks for your contributions to the community over the years! Best wishes!

Tom

Thanks bro. I'll be back soon...

Thanked by 2Not_Oles tommymuadai
  • Hi,
    i want to a free FreeVPS #ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

my "Client No: 2189" and "Your ID: 408682514263"

Thank's

• @GForce said:
    Hi,
    i want to a free FreeVPS #ThanksGTHost, #Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

my "Client No: 2189" and "Your ID: 408682514263"

Thank's

Have you read the requirements ? ↓↓↓
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181789/free-nat-kvms-courtesy-of-gthost-crunchbits-scaleblade-piehasbeeneaten-webhorizon-freevps-org/p1

Thanked by 1sh97

@Teko Sorry, did I miss something? Did anybody from the FreeVPS Team respond to your post above?