Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free NAT KVMs! -- Twelve Locations! -- US, EU, GB, JP -- FreeVPS.org

Comments

• @FatGrizzly said:

@szymonp said:
    is it possible to upload an iso

Which ISO do you want, you can already install pretty much everything via netboot

Netboot looks quite complicated but I’ll look into it

• didtavdidtav Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@szymonp said:

Which ISO do you want, you can already install pretty much everything via netboot

what about windows? is it installable on the VPS?

• @didtav said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@szymonp said:

what about windows? is it installable on the VPS?

We don’t have windows at the moment, sorry.

Thanked by 2Carlin0 sh97
  • puerklintpuerklint Member
    edited July 2023

https://ibb.co/MDqZ6vN

lurker so I don't have enough thanks count, if i am eligible, Tokyo location or if unavailable, any US location

Client No: 2159
    Your ID: 967083498571

Thank you to everyone volunteering and making this project possible :)

• oyhacooyhaco Member

@puerklint said:

lurker so I don't have enough thanks count, if i am eligible, Tokyo location or if unavailable, any US location

They wouldnt approve it until you have 25 thanks count.

Thanked by 1puerklint
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@puerklint said:

It looks like you posted a link to a page on which making donations might be possible. Were you trying to post proof of a donation that you made?

• @Not_Oles said:

@puerklint said:

It looks like you posted a link to a page on which making donations might be possible. Were you trying to post proof of a donation that you made?

Yep, https://ibb.co/dGdCFzP here's the receipt with timestamp (highlighted top right corner)

Okay, excellent! Good to see the proof of donation. As good as the donation is, it's also true what you said about being a "lurker." Your posts are all pretty short, and the number of thanks doesn't even approach the requirement. The FreeVPS team will discuss the situation and let you know. The LET community would benefit from your more active participation! :)

• @Not_Oles said:
    Okay, excellent! Good to see the proof of donation. As good as the donation is, it's also true what you said about being a "lurker." Your posts are all pretty short, and the number of thanks doesn't even approach the requirement. The FreeVPS team will discuss the situation and let you know. The LET community would benefit from your more active participation! :)

I hope the 'Thanks' count can be considered and be a little flexible. Even though I am at my 3rd month now, I still do not have 25 thanks. Still taking slow with my comment post count though hahah can't wait for the day when my free VPS is here :D

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

We have those requirements for two reasons,

Make the community better with discussions and posts. #❤️LET

Eliminate any possible spammer/abuser out of the system, while we have denied all previous un-eligible participants, we will have a discussion about this tonight and update everyone tomorrow.

Thanked by 1puerklint

My vote is to continue the present policy.

The present policy has served us well. Lots of people have signed up. The servers have been operating well. No significant user problems.

If someone were a little low on non-spammy post count or a little low on thanks count, maybe we could consider an exception if the existing posts and threads were of especially high quality. That would be quite different from a situation where the post count is just barely enough, the posts are low quality thread bouncers, and the thanks count is not even close.

Almost everyone can post about what they are doing, about questions they had, and about solutions they found. It's not hard to qualify at FreeVPS.org. And LET becomes better for everyone! :)

Hi Guys!

Have you seen this nice blog post by Ariq about getting and installing a FreeVPS from FreeVPS.org?

https://ariq.nauf.al/blog/free-nat-kvm-by-freevps-org/

Ariq installed Alpine on his FreeVPS, ran a yabs, and wrote a how-to for his new blog.

Next, it looks like Google found Ariq's blog.

Then, today, I searched Google for yabs results on Alpine. Ariq's rather thorough, well done, review of FreeVPS appeared at about the 30th search result.

Now both Ariq and FreeVPS.org are on the way to becoming famous! Thanks Ariq! 🌟

Best wishes!

Tom

• @Not_Oles said:
    Hi Guys!

Have you seen this nice blog post by Ariq about getting and installing a FreeVPS from FreeVPS.org?

https://ariq.nauf.al/blog/free-nat-kvm-by-freevps-org/

Ariq installed Alpine on his FreeVPS, ran a yabs, and wrote a how-to for his new blog.

Next, it looks like Google found Ariq's blog.

Then, today, I searched Google for yabs results on Alpine. Ariq's rather thorough, well done, review of FreeVPS appeared at about the 30th search result.

Now both Ariq and FreeVPS.org are on the way to becoming famous! Thanks Ariq! 🌟

Best wishes!

Tom

Very comprehensive review! Honestly, this is the first time I am seeing YABS review for FreeVPS.org. Might differ for each location but I love the community spirit. Thanks Ariq! :)

Hello!

Yesterday, July 25, might have been Christmas in July for FreeVPS.org! This is because our generous benefactor GTHost kindly extended its sponsorship of two FreeVPS nodes for an additional six months! Thanks so much, GTHost! 🎁

Thanks again also to all of our other wonderful sponsors! ❤️

LETizens who meet the requirements in this thread's OP are kindly invited to get their free VPS!

Best wishes!

Tom

• @Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

Yesterday, July 25, might have been Christmas in July for FreeVPS.org! This is because our generous benefactor GTHost kindly extended its sponsorship of two FreeVPS nodes for an additional six months! Thanks so much, GTHost! 🎁

LETizens who meet the requirements in this thread's OP are kindly invited to get their free VPS!

Best wishes!

Tom

Thanks a bunch to GTHost and other sponsors for their kindness!
    lots of <3 <3 <3 from me to you guys

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

Best wishes!

Tom

Thank you @GTHost and thank you FreeVPS.org team!

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • DigikaDigika Member

My stats bot has been running pretty much 99% uptime.
    Impressive service, just wanted to express my gratitude yet again!

• Our server loads are pretty healthy in most of the locations. If you need a VM, participate in the forum!

• I add an IPv6 address just now by clicking the "Assign Address" button.

How can I delete it from the panel?
    It seems no button can do that.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

@vpssh said:
    I add an IPv6 address just now by clicking the "Assign Address" button.

@TheOnlyDK @sh97 @FatGrizzly Thanks!

Thanked by 1vpssh
  • @vpssh said:
    I add an IPv6 address just now by clicking the "Assign Address" button.

I think the panel (VirtFusion) doesn't have the option to delete the IP. You can, however, disable that IP in the panel, pretty much the same thing as deleted.

Thanked by 3Not_Oles Carlin0 vpssh
  • sh97sh97 Member

We know the community loves benchmarks, so bumping this thread with a benchmark by our very own benchmark guru @febryanvaldo

https://kangserver.id/benchmark-vps-freevps-2-cores-intel-2gb-ram-uk-free-2023/

This is just the first of many more to come - eventually all our locations will be benched.

I might be biased, but for a free VPS, the performance is pretty good! 😄

If you haven't gotten your free VPS already and you are eligible, feel free to request one!

Thanks again @febryanvaldo for the detailed bench!

• nyamenknyamenk Member
    edited August 2023

Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Thank you very much for the free VPS!
    Is private vpn (nyr script) allowed?

Client No: 2174
    Your ID: 174912975196

• sh97sh97 Member

@nyamenk said:

Thankscrunchbits, #ThanksScaleBlade, #ThanksPieHasBeenEaten, and #ThanksWebHorizon

Thank you very much for the free VPS!
    Is private vpn (nyr script) allowed?

Client No: 2174
    Your ID: 174912975196

Yup, many people use Nyrs wireguard script, private VPN is allowed.
    Post your desired location as well, and we'll deploy you :)

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Is it possible to get 1GB?

Thanked by 2Not_Oles Ganonk

@nyamenk said:
    Is it possible to get 1GB?

@TheOnlyDK said: FreeVPS Specs
    1x Core (Fair Share)
    512MB Memory, up to 1GB with justification

Please tell the FreeVPS team your use case and why it needs 1 GB. Thanks! :)

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK

Thanks to @febryanvaldo for valiant testing and to @sh997 for valiant system administration! :)

Thanks to all the FreeVPS donors! Blesta, Cloudie, crunchbits, DP, GTHost, PieHasBennEaten, Scaleblade, Virtfusion, Web Horizon!

Thanks to the FreeVPS team! @TheOnlyDK, @FatGrizzly, @sh97!

Thanks to me as Founder. Thanks to @yoursunny for consulting!

Thanks to everyone here at LET and to the FreeVPS userbase for the great experiences FreeVPS has had with the VPSes already provisioned!

Friendly greetings!

• @Not_Oles said:

@nyamenk said:
    Is it possible to get 1GB?

@TheOnlyDK said: FreeVPS Specs
    1x Core (Fair Share)
    512MB Memory, up to 1GB with justification

Please tell the FreeVPS team your use case and why it needs 1 GB. Thanks! :)

Use it for a blog or private VPN

• Spend USD25 to get one vps from greencloud is much easier. No so poor to beg for free one.

• @tommyluo said: No so poor to beg for free one.

well I am :D

too bad I don't qualify haha