Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

.com domain reg for just $2.98/yr
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

.com domain reg for just $2.98/yr

AXYZEAXYZE Member
edited May 2023 in General

Hey, I just saw promo from spaceship.com (owned by namecheap)

.com domain registration just for $2.98 with coupon code COM67. Limit 1 per customer.
.com renewal is just $8.98

Payment methods are PayPal and credit card

I've used this promo already and I need to say interface looks better visually than Porkbun and Namechap, but UX wise its kinda all over the place, you will need to get used to it.

Dashboard looks like this

Namecheap is solid brand so you don't need to worry about this pricing, they need to attract customers so they burn some money with these prices... use it :)

Comments

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Awesome thanks for the heads up! Now I just gotta use some hours thinking of a name I'll never use.

• JasonMJasonM Member

even i registered a trial domain for a blog at spaceship

• oyhacooyhaco Member

@AXYZE thanks for the deals!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 2023

This is where I moved most of my Epik domains to.

• ShamliShamli Member

Already got one last week. ....

• misakamisaka Member

Thanks for sharing this, their website looks awesome!

• blackeyeblackeye Veteran

Is free whois protection ?

• Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

• NanjaNanja Member

Yea, thanks, I get the shared hosting :)

@blackeye said:

It's listed under domain privacy, but it's free

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@blackeye said:

Yes, its free

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited May 2023

@AXYZE said:

@blackeye said:

Yes, its free

additionally it uses the same whois info as namecheap,
    https://withheldforprivacy.com/

could someone please tell me any of their registered domains at spaceship so i can check a few things?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@treesmokah said:

@AXYZE said:

@blackeye said:

Yes, its free

could someone please tell me any of their registered domains at spaceship so i can check a few things?

Artastia.com :)

• @AXYZE said:

@treesmokah said:

@AXYZE said:

@blackeye said:

Yes, its free

Artastia.com :)

Thank you, I appreciate it.

• Wondered why so many domains on tldlist are so cheap for 1st year registering. Might be useless after.

• kaitkait Member

thanks, don't have a .com yet because most of my domains are namehacks.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@AXYZE said: Artastia

Something to do with Art and food? :smile:
    Sounds great no matter what it's for.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@Arkas said:

@AXYZE said: Artastia

Something to do with Art and food? :smile:
    Sounds great no matter what it's for.

Video production company that I registered today

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Do you have a tutorial on how to buy cryptocurrency and then recharge the balance?

• dtrosdtros Member

Thanks for sharing!

• Successfully registered an domain, thank you!

• thanks just registered E3B0C44298FC1C149AFBF4C8996FB92427AE41E4649B934CA495991B7852B855.com

• OhJohnOhJohn Member

Hm, found a nice three letter (word in dictionary) domain with one of the "better" new domain tlds. Ordered it for like $2. Sign up for it. And then: got an automatic refund as they could not process the order. So at least their (automatic) processes are fine even when sth. is not working. As you would imagine, that three letter dictionary word domain was not available, so their check for available domains should get better...

By the way: anyone here having a spaceship promo code for .net or .org at hand?

And yes: the UI "works" nice but you have no idea where you are or what you are doing atm (or where you can do what...). No idea how they came up with that.

• amsaalamsaal Member

based on reviews on trustpilot i will not touch this one.

• @amsaal said:
    based on reviews on trustpilot i will not touch this one.

Low price($8.80) is the point.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member

@amsaal said: based on reviews on trustpilot i will not touch this one.

Three reviews with (at least) one screaming pebcak to guide your decision?

• NanjaNanja Member

I signed up and got domain, email, hosting, ssl (email and ssl free for a year)... because someone said it is owned by namecheap.

I wanted to use the personal name servers to point to ip for the website I am hosting on their servers, they said I could. I noticed their name servers pointed to cloudflare. So I asked if I used personal name servers pointing the NS at the website IP instead of cloudflare would create issues for them. It wasn't something live chat could answer.

I was trying to be nice.

I asked this in live chat 7 hours ago and they escalated it to people more knowledgeable.
    Still no response... It's a working day Monday, no holiday that I know of. It shouldn't be that difficult of a question no?

I thought namecheap was a rather large company with lots of employee's.

• emghemgh Member

@OhJohn said:

@amsaal said: based on reviews on trustpilot i will not touch this one.

Three reviews with (at least) one screaming pebcak to guide your decision?

Reviews on general review sites for hosting stuff is so worthless

Someone made a reference to OVH's Trustpilot on here awhile ago

I read like four reviews and every single one of them was a pebcak error

Such a waste of time

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • @Nanja said:
    I signed up and got domain, email, hosting, ssl (email and ssl free for a year)... because someone said it is owned by namecheap.

I wanted to use the personal name servers to point to ip for the website I am hosting on their servers, they said I could. I noticed their name servers pointed to cloudflare. So I asked if I used personal name servers pointing the NS at the website IP instead of cloudflare would create issues for them. It wasn't something live chat could answer.

I was trying to be nice.

I asked this in live chat 7 hours ago and they escalated it to people more knowledgeable.
    Still no response... It's a working day Monday, no holiday that I know of. It shouldn't be that difficult of a question no?

It's a confusing question that is strange you'd ask them. Your English isn't great. You've said they answered your question about using your own name servers as that's typical use case. Your next question isn't clear wtf you're asking. It's like you asked the same exact question, but reworded it to confuse the reader "wtf is he talking about different than before?"

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • amsaalamsaal Member

@Nanja said:

I was trying to be nice.

hope you get sorted :wink: