Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

.com domain reg for just $2.98/yr - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

.com domain reg for just $2.98/yr

13»

Comments

• NanjaNanja Member

Just to get to cPanel, I need to login to spaceship click launch pad click hosting manager. Wait 3 seconds for it to load. The interface for hosting manager... After that I need to click go to cPanel.

After done with what I am doing if it takes awhile I need to relog back into spaceship and do the process all over if I need to do stuff again. I should probably make an FTP account now. I don't understand why there isn't a direct link to cPanel.

• VoidVoid Member

@amsaal said:
    based on reviews on trustpilot i will not touch this one.

They’re yet to hire someone off fivver or BHW to take care of that part.

Thanked by 2Arkas niknar1900
  • @MissFortune said:
    Why do people buy ssl rather than let's encrypt? Does a paid one provide better security?

Some devices do not have the ability to access the Internet (behind proxy/firewall) or doesn't have cli to run script but can accept an upload. Also, changing certs every 90 days could be a problem when you need to know that you're talking to the original device with the cert you installed.

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

Thank you, I also bought the domain name I like

• FlashFlash Member

@AXYZE said: Payment methods are PayPal and credit card

Crypto too.

• @Nanja said: At Spaceship they have personal nameservers you can use, you just can't use it with their hosting.

They are the same as glue records. There is a UI bug that will tell you that these records do not work with custom nameservers. However, they do work and are active. I have reported the bug, and they will issue a fix soon.

• Thanks for info. I applied yesterday and got 2.98USD as it said.

• @OhJohn said:
    Hm, found a nice three letter (word in dictionary) domain with one of the "better" new domain tlds. Ordered it for like $2. Sign up for it. And then: got an automatic refund as they could not process the order. So at least their (automatic) processes are fine even when sth. is not working. As you would imagine, that three letter dictionary word domain was not available, so their check for available domains should get better...

By the way: anyone here having a spaceship promo code for .net or .org at hand?

And yes: the UI "works" nice but you have no idea where you are or what you are doing atm (or where you can do what...). No idea how they came up with that.

Had similar experience several years ago with NC, so I guess they are reusing the same codebase for both platforms. That domain turned out to be a premium one, so I was not surprised.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • Thanks I buy it

• From which company are you buying it. The cheapest i know is from namecheap

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@harryvol5 said:
    From which company are you buying it. The cheapest i know is from namecheap

Perhaps look at the opening post of this thread?!

Or would this be too much effort?

• Sounds like a great deal, for the UI thing, I would personally just slap a third party nameserver and just manage the domain from there.

• Anyone using this as of now? Thinking of transferring domains here from porkbun since renewal is slightly cheaper.

• ywTechywTech Member
    edited November 2023

@varwww said:
    Anyone using this as of now? Thinking of transferring domains here from porkbun since renewal is slightly cheaper.

I just transferred a few domains over since they are expiring soon. The interface is hard to use, maybe it's too modern

Thanked by 1varwww
  • Is anyone having trouble using wildcard DNS records at Spaceship? I'm talking about mail-related records (usually CNAME or TXT) that contain an asterisk. It's as if those are unallowed at Spaceship, which is hard for me to understand.

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited November 2023

@ywTech said:

@varwww said:
    Anyone using this as of now? Thinking of transferring domains here from porkbun since renewal is slightly cheaper.

I just transferred a few domains over since they are expiring soon. The interface is hard to use, maybe it's too modern

Just transferred from porkbun->spaceship. Had to click "Approve Transfer" from porkbun dashboard and it was transferred immediately. So far everything is working fine.

Interface does not really matter for me since I use cloudflare dns. I only login to domain registrar once a year to transfer/renew domains. If they jack up the prices, can always transfer to another registrar next black friday. 😉

Also spaceship.com is an Accredited Registrar. So it is safe - https://www.icann.org/en/accredited-registrars?page=1&sort-param=name&sort-direction=asc&iana-number=1068&iana-number=3862&view-all=true

• Its showing price as 4.99$ now with that coupon code of COM67.