Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50% Off Recurring AMD Ryzen Servers & more (include APAC region!) | No commitment | No setup fees
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

50% Off Recurring AMD Ryzen Servers & more (include APAC region!) | No commitment | No setup fees

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2023 in Offers

Hi folks! We have put together another set of offers on Dedicated Servers that you definitely won't want to miss. There's no better time to save significantly on your infrastructure costs.

Until 6th April, while stocks last!

Dedicated Server deals at a glance:

• Rise Range: Asia-Pacific, Europe or North America locations | Up to 40% off Recurring | Rise-1/2/STOR-1/APAC/APAC-1 | Intel Xeon series | From US$42.45/month
  • Game Range: Asia-Pacific, Europe or North America locations | Up to 55% off Recurring | Game-1/2 | Ryzen 5600X/5800X | From US$56.76/month

Featured offers

Rise-APAC

• Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 - 4c/8t - 3.5GHz/3.9GHz
  • 32GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz
  • 2 x 2TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
  • 250Mbps Public Bandwidth Limited traffic 10TB*
  • Singapore or Australia locations
  • From US$65.99 US$42.45 ex.GST/month

Rise-1

• Intel Xeon-E 2136 - 6c/12t - 3.3GHz/4.5GHz
  • 32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
  • 2 x 500GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID or 2 x 4TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
  • 500Mbps Unmetered Public Bandwidth
  • Europe or North America locations
  • From US$87.99 US$56.60 ex.GST/month

Game-1

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - 6c/12t - 3.7GHz/4.6GHz
  • 32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz
  • 2 x 500GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID
  • 250Mbps (Burst 1Gbps) Public Bandwidth Limited traffic 25TB*
  • Asia-Pacific, Europe or North America locations
  • From US$119.99 US$56.76 ex.GST/month

*Applicable for dedicated servers hosted in Asia-Pacific:

• Outbound Traffic: Limited and subjected to the quota specified on the server. Optionally, you may opt for unmetered traffic at additional cost.
  • Inbound Traffic: Unmetered
  • Traffic quota resets every month and when quota is exceeded, the outbound bandwidth is capped to 10Mbps.

Explore All Offers

Please choose according to your location:

About OVHcloud

OVHcloud is a global player and the leading European cloud provider operating 400,000 servers within its own 34 data centers across 4 continents. For more than 20 years, the Group has been leveraging an integrated model that provides full control of our value chain, from designing our servers to managing our data centers through to orchestrating our fibre-optic network. This unique approach enables OVHcloud to cover, independently, the full spectrum of use cases for our 1.6 million customers across 140 countries. OVHcloud now offers customers the latest-generation solutions that combine high performance, predictable pricing, and full data sovereignty to support their unfettered growth.

Comments

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited March 2023

Nice except setup fees and new IP prices.

OVH is asking setup fees from existing customers since (may be) they are bad customers and block them from more purchases. Well done, have to pass because of that. :D

• Hm, why do the EU divisions of OVH do not offer these?

• @OhJohn said:
    Hm, why do the EU divisions of OVH do not offer these?

There're offers at least in IE. I think usual cache issue.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • Hm, true. OVH IE has those offers, but I don't see them in OVH FR or DE. Also checked with a brand new browser, it's still not live there.

• Lu5ckLu5ck Member

250Mbps (Burst 1Gbps) for a game server, that's really sad.

Thanked by 1hackerman
  • OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@mrclown said:

OVH is asking setup fees from existing customers since (may be) they are bad customers and block them from more purchases. Well done, have to pass because of that. :D

Hello @mrclown , setup fee are waived for everyone when you commit on 12 or 24 months. That said, we value your feedback and we will remove this setup fee for existing customers too on the month to month plan. The free setup fee will be applied automatically (without the need of a code). Will implement this change later today. Will reconfirm here and edit the post offer accordingly.
    Thanks and happy shopping!

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited March 2023

After receiving the first month's invoice, why does it say only applicable for 12 times next to the monthly prices? The discount disappears after 12 months?

I think forum rules say that you are required to clearly say that prices are valid for first year only when that is part of the offer.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited March 2023

Still no option so far to order this from Germany.

These promotions are listed at OVH Asia/IN/AU/SG/IE/PT but not at e.g. OVH CA/FR/ES/PL/DE.

Unfortunately OVH does not allow customers from Germany at OVH Asia/AU/SG/IE/PT :(

• @jon617 said: After receiving the first month's invoice, why does it say only applicable for 12 times next to the monthly prices? The discount disappears after 12 months?

Hmmm same here....

@jon617 said:
    After receiving the first month's invoice, why does it say only applicable for 12 times next to the monthly prices? The discount disappears after 12 months?

I think forum rules say that you are required to clearly say that prices are valid for first year only when that is part of the offer.

Hi @jon617 , the discount should be recurring, could you drop via PM your order number so that we can investigate? Many thanks!

@Gravely said:

@jon617 said: After receiving the first month's invoice, why does it say only applicable for 12 times next to the monthly prices? The discount disappears after 12 months?

Hmmm same here....

Hi @Gravely , likewise could you also drop us your order number via PM. Thanks!

@OhJohn said:
    Still no option so far to order this from Germany.

These promotions are listed at OVH Asia/IN/AU/SG/IE/PT but not at e.g. OVH CA/FR/ES/PL/DE.

Unfortunately OVH does not allow customers from Germany at OVH Asia/AU/SG/IE/PT :(

Hi @Gravely , you can order from Germany via https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/

Hope this helps!

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited March 2023

@OVH_APAC said: the discount should be recurring, could you drop via PM your order number so that we can investigate? Many thanks!

Sure, sent you details in a PM.

And, a screen which shows only applicable for 12 times, a very curious statement.
    https://imgur.com/a/YvvGeMr

I hear you say discounts should be recurring, but would be nice to get a definitive answer. Not even support has given a straight answer.

• I am looking for VPS offers but none at the moment

• PagePage Member

OVH is just a scam company.

Anyone who has read the sordid history of the Klaba family knows how rude and unreliable OVH is.

I will not buy again.

• edited March 2023

Don't buy OVH, look at my $0,97 benchmark:

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 10.44 MB/s (2.6k) 47.20 MB/s (737)
    Write 10.47 MB/s (2.6k) 47.42 MB/s (740)
    Total 20.91 MB/s (5.2k) 94.62 MB/s (1.4k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 56.73 MB/s (110) 58.01 MB/s (56)
    Write 59.69 MB/s (116) 62.52 MB/s (61)
    Total 116.43 MB/s (226) 120.53 MB/s (117)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 223
    Multi Core | 209
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20960432

Support man / woman kept saying they were investigating and asking my purpose of VPS.

When I asked how long the investigation would take and if I can get the result of the investigation, the support just avoided my question and changed topic, asking my purpose of VPS.

After several rounds of communication and 2 migrations, you can see the result above.

Load and disk usage when benchmarking:

root@ovh97:~$ w
    17:44:19 up 32 min, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.17
    USER TTY LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT
    root pts/0 17:11 3.00s 0.04s 0.00s w
    root@ovh97:~$ df -h /
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda2 20G 12G 8.4G 57% /

• @Lu5ck said:
    250Mbps (Burst 1Gbps) for a game server, that's really sad.

It's exactly why we left OVH APAC. Even with their 250Mbit cap they manage to congest their internal capacity.

• I can't imagine a world where I would buy an $85/mo game server that has an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU, NVME storage and then crippled with 250MB/s network speeds.
    I guess I am still salty that the server I purchased during some previous sale with a recurring discount has had a price increase. Also the failover IP thing. That one now has a recurring cost. Take the "recurring" discount with a grain of salt. Doesn't matter how many times they keep repeating it here.
    That being said, my server is great. I have had no downtime in the time I have had the service. NVMEs have been solid even with a RAID 0 config. Network is OK. Not great. Capped at 500Mb/s egress and 1Gb/s ingress. Peering is OK.
    And let's not forget that you can no longer transfer servers from one account to another.
    I will see what happens when my 2 year commitment is up. Going to decide then if I will keep it or migrate it.

Thanked by 1hackerman
  • Why are so many countries not included in this promo @OVH_APAC

Thanked by 1OhJohn

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hi folks! We have put together another set of offers on Dedicated Servers that you definitely won't want to miss. There's no better time to save significantly on your infrastructure costs.

Until 6th April, while stocks last!

Dedicated Server deals at a glance:

• Rise Range: Asia-Pacific, Europe or North America locations | Up to 40% off Recurring | Rise-1/2/STOR-1/APAC/APAC-1 | Intel Xeon series | From US$42.45/month
    • Game Range: Asia-Pacific, Europe or North America locations | Up to 55% off Recurring | Game-1/2 | Ryzen 5600X/5800X | From US$56.76/month

Free setup fees on no commitment for new customers, use code: SETUPFEES

Featured offers

Rise-APAC

• Intel Xeon E3-1245v5 - 4c/8t - 3.5GHz/3.9GHz
    • 32GB DDR4 ECC 2133MHz
    • 2 x 2TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
    • 250Mbps Public Bandwidth Limited traffic 10TB*
    • Singapore or Australia locations
    • From US$65.99 US$42.45 ex.GST/month

Rise-1

• Intel Xeon-E 2136 - 6c/12t - 3.3GHz/4.5GHz
    • 32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    • 2 x 500GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID or 2 x 4TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
    • 500Mbps Unmetered Public Bandwidth
    • Europe or North America locations
    • From US$87.99 US$56.60 ex.GST/month

Game-1

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - 6c/12t - 3.7GHz/4.6GHz
    • 32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz
    • 2 x 500GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID
    • 250Mbps (Burst 1Gbps) Public Bandwidth Limited traffic 25TB*
    • Asia-Pacific, Europe or North America locations
    • From US$119.99 US$56.76 ex.GST/month

*Applicable for dedicated servers hosted in Asia-Pacific:

• Outbound Traffic: Limited and subjected to the quota specified on the server. Optionally, you may opt for unmetered traffic at additional cost.
    • Inbound Traffic: Unmetered
    • Traffic quota resets every month and when quota is exceeded, the outbound bandwidth is capped to 10Mbps.

Explore All Offers

Please choose according to your location:

About OVHcloud

OVHcloud is a global player and the leading European cloud provider operating 400,000 servers within its own 34 data centers across 4 continents. For more than 20 years, the Group has been leveraging an integrated model that provides full control of our value chain, from designing our servers to managing our data centers through to orchestrating our fibre-optic network. This unique approach enables OVHcloud to cover, independently, the full spectrum of use cases for our 1.6 million customers across 140 countries. OVHcloud now offers customers the latest-generation solutions that combine high performance, predictable pricing, and full data sovereignty to support their unfettered growth.

@jon617 said:

@OVH_APAC said: the discount should be recurring, could you drop via PM your order number so that we can investigate? Many thanks!

Sure, sent you details in a PM.

And, a screen which shows only applicable for 12 times, a very curious statement.
    https://imgur.com/a/YvvGeMr

I hear you say discounts should be recurring, but would be nice to get a definitive answer. Not even support has given a straight answer.

Thanks again for the feedbacks and we'll get this fix asap as this is indeed confusing. Regarding the recurring discount, we will aim at making clearer on the invoice too.

I confirm that the discount advertised in this post is recurring on these dedicated servers.
    so if you take a Game-1 server with 50% on a month to month ->discount will apply monthly for as long as you keep your server.

Hope this helps.

Thanked by 1rekt
  • @OVH_APAC

I know you guys are busy with the protest in France, but how much longer would verifying my account take?

• meanevomeanevo Member
    edited March 2023

@OVH_APAC said:

@mrclown said:

Hello @mrclown , setup fee are waived for everyone when you commit on 12 or 24 months. That said, we value your feedback and we will remove this setup fee for existing customers too on the month to month plan. The free setup fee will be applied automatically (without the need of a code). Will implement this change later today. Will reconfirm here and edit the post offer accordingly.
    Thanks and happy shopping!

Ordered a server before you waive the setup. So I got a 6 month commitment and the price is exactly the same as pay monthly. ;(

And I was wondering what will happen if I choose to cancel the commitment after 6 month (switch to monthly payment)? Will the recurring discount still valid?

• Make this offers available in other countries too…dunno what‘s the problem of not doing or explaining it…

Thanked by 1OhJohn
    edited March 2023

Ordered a server before you waive the setup. So I got a 6 month commitment and the price is exactly the same as pay monthly. ;(

And I was wondering what will happen if I choose to cancel the commitment after 6 month (switch to monthly payment)? Will the recurring discount still valid?

Hello @meanevo,
    The discount is recurring and linked to your commitment.

• if you change your commitment to monthly payment after 6months you will loose the discount (a manual action is required to change this in your control panel).
    • If you keep the same 6-month commitment, your discount will still apply (no action required as your commitment automatically renew for the same period)

@hades_corps said:
    @OVH_APAC

I know you guys are busy with the protest in France, but how much longer would verifying my account take?

Hello @hades_corps, could you send us a MP with the details (such as your order number)?

@drivex said:
    Make this offers available in other countries too…dunno what‘s the problem of not doing or explaining it…

This offer is only valid on a selection of OVHcloud websites (list below).
    Please note: Rest of the world (USD) and rest of the world (EUR) accept users from almost all countries:

• @ask_seek_knock said:
    Don't buy OVH, look at my $0,97 benchmark:

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 10.44 MB/s (2.6k) 47.20 MB/s (737)
    Write 10.47 MB/s (2.6k) 47.42 MB/s (740)
    Total 20.91 MB/s (5.2k) 94.62 MB/s (1.4k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 56.73 MB/s (110) 58.01 MB/s (56)
    Write 59.69 MB/s (116) 62.52 MB/s (61)
    Total 116.43 MB/s (226) 120.53 MB/s (117)

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 223
    Multi Core | 209
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20960432

Support man / woman kept saying they were investigating and asking my purpose of VPS.

When I asked how long the investigation would take and if I can get the result of the investigation, the support just avoided my question and changed topic, asking my purpose of VPS.

After several rounds of communication and 2 migrations, you can see the result above.

Load and disk usage when benchmarking:

root@ovh97:~$ w
    17:44:19 up 32 min, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.17
    USER TTY LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT
    root pts/0 17:11 3.00s 0.04s 0.00s w
    root@ovh97:~$ df -h /
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda2 20G 12G 8.4G 57% /

Almost the same :#

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • asdatasdasdatasd Member
    edited March 2023

Is it just me or the price after the "50% discount" is about 20% lower than it was 6 months ago?

For info, this offer has now been extended until 20th April, while stocks last

• Anyone know how much additional IPs cost and whether Rise/Game servers support them? The 250Mbit/s speed cap is just daft for anything production-grade.

• @OVH_APAC since days this is not in stock.

Germany (Frankfurt - FRA)
    unavailable

Please tell us availibity tell team to dispatch it

• Don't buy OVH, it may suddenly delete your account as a reputable hosting provider

Thanked by 3RUSS zenocz atul