Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50% Off Recurring AMD Ryzen Servers & more (include APAC region!) | No commitment | No setup fees - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

50% Off Recurring AMD Ryzen Servers & more (include APAC region!) | No commitment | No setup fees

Comments

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@hackerman said:
    Anyone know how much additional IPs cost and whether Rise/Game servers support them? The 250Mbit/s speed cap is just daft for anything production-grade.

Hi @hackerman , you may purchase Additional IPs for Rise/Game: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/network/additional-ip/

@amsaal said:
    @OVH_APAC since days this is not in stock.

Germany (Frankfurt - FRA)
    unavailable

Please tell us availibity tell team to dispatch it

Hi @amsaal , which server reference were you looking at?

@hackerman said:
    Anyone know how much additional IPs cost and whether Rise/Game servers support them? The 250Mbit/s speed cap is just daft for anything production-grade.

Hello, you will find additional IP details here: https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/network/additional-ip/
    Game and Rise dedicated servers can get up to 256 IPv4s. ($2/IP/month)

• amsaalamsaal Member
    edited April 2023

@OVH_APAC said:

@hackerman said:

Hi @hackerman , you may purchase Additional IPs for Rise/Game: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/network/additional-ip/

@amsaal said:

unavailable

Under Baremetal Game Dedicated Servers,

GAME-2 Germany locaton , currently its unavailable.

Status Below:-

unavailable

@amsaal said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@hackerman said:

@amsaal said:

unavailable

unavailable

Sorry @amsaal, we are currently sold out of Game-2 in Germany and also in Singapore and Australia. At this price, the stock is melting very quickly. We still have the Game-1 in all above mentioned locations: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/bare-metal/game/game-1/

• emghemgh Member

@OVH_APAC

First of all: I don't believe this is a necro because I just wanted to update my thoughts after buying this exact offer.

Now: Since I ordered this I got "only applicable for 12 times" on my invoice. Set up for auto renewal with no commitment.

My order numbers for you to check internally are 189000823 and 189877979.

@Arkas @jbiloh (sorry don't know which mod to tag): Are OVH allowed to offer fake recurring deals that aren't recurring even after pointing out that they "should be"?

While I hope OVH fixes their mistake in my induvidual case, it still seems to be the case that the offer unlike advertised isn't at all recurring.

Shady really, especially since it's been pointed out in the thread A WHILE ago and still not generally fixed.

• amsaalamsaal Member

@OVH_APAC said:

@amsaal said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@hackerman said:

@amsaal said:

unavailable

unavailable

Sorry @amsaal, we are currently sold out of Game-2 in Germany and also in Singapore and Australia. At this price, the stock is melting very quickly. We still have the Game-1 in all above mentioned locations: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/bare-metal/game/game-1/

its all sorted now and just enjoying my new server :) much appreciated.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@emgh said: First of all: I don't believe this is a necro

It isn't necro :smile:

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

@Arkas said:

Thanks!

To add on the above, the invoice is formatted in a way that enables them to go both ways as is REALLY unclear.

First it says "Other GIFT", here, it says:

"Special offer : 50% off on GAME-1 and GAME-2 servers (including their RAM option), for mensual payment
    Offer valids until server cancellation."

In this first part of the invoice, it removes 50 % of the promo-related costs.

Also: What in the fuck is a "mensual payment"?

If it ended here, nice, sweet - all good.

But, after this, it says "Other DEDICATED-OPTION", here, it lists what products I've got with full-price (that the "Other GIFT" deducts 50 % from), and, here, it says, for both the server and the RAM upgrade:
    "only applicable for 12 times"

Makes no sense really. In the same invoice they both claim that the offer is valid until server cancellation and that it's valid for 12 months.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@emgh said: Makes no sense really. In the same invoice they both claim that the offer is valid until server cancellation and that it's valid for 12 months.

Hopefully @OVH_APAC can clarify.

Thanked by 2emgh darkimmortal
  • zenoczzenocz Member
    edited May 2023

I can't choose China, so I stopped sign up. I don't know why. last time I wanted to buy dedicated servers in Singapore, now I used
    Reliablesite and hetzner.

If there are many people in some countries making troubles, you can limit payment methods and even increase prices to eliminate them, there is no need for racial discrimination, because not all people is greedy and has poor character

• zenoczzenocz Member
    edited May 2023

This company has received too many negative reviews, previously I thought it was good provider. Provider with negative reviews will be rejected by us even if one.

• bobertbobert Member

Just a heads up, there's a reason why they are running a sale on APAC servers. I just got one in singapore about a month ago and it gets packet loss every day. It took support 15 days to tell me that the switch is overloaded.

A provider here with 50 servers and enterprise support said they were all put on the same 4 gbit switch and they refused to fix the issue.

Thanked by 1zenocz
  • bulabula Member

Gave up few my servers at their US DCs when they increased prices on our committed services last year. Have one last remaining server in SYS/Canada prepaid till Dec. 2023. I do not plan on renewing this as there are many US providers with better deals over OVH.

Thanked by 1zenocz

@emgh said:
    @OVH_APAC

First of all: I don't believe this is a necro because I just wanted to update my thoughts after buying this exact offer.

Now: Since I ordered this I got "only applicable for 12 times" on my invoice. Set up for auto renewal with no commitment.

My order numbers for you to check internally are 189000823 and 189877979.

@Arkas @jbiloh (sorry don't know which mod to tag): Are OVH allowed to offer fake recurring deals that aren't recurring even after pointing out that they "should be"?

While I hope OVH fixes their mistake in my induvidual case, it still seems to be the case that the offer unlike advertised isn't at all recurring.

Shady really, especially since it's been pointed out in the thread A WHILE ago and still not generally fixed.

Hi @emgh , as previously mentioned the promo is indeed recurring. We have raised the issue internally to the relevant team to fix the wording and we can assure you that the promotional price applies as long as you keep your server.

@bobert said:
    Just a heads up, there's a reason why they are running a sale on APAC servers. I just got one in singapore about a month ago and it gets packet loss every day. It took support 15 days to tell me that the switch is overloaded.

A provider here with 50 servers and enterprise support said they were all put on the same 4 gbit switch and they refused to fix the issue.

Hi @bobert , do you have any ongoing ticket with regards to your network issue? You can drop us a PM with the ticket ref # and we will look into it.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • AzenotAzenot Member

@OVH_APAC said: Hi @emgh , as previously mentioned the promo is indeed recurring. We have raised the issue internally to the relevant team to fix the wording and we can assure you that the promotional price applies as long as you keep your server.

After my first request for support, 10 days have already passed. The problem is not fixed yet. I should pay to renew the server before May 9, but I don't want to pay $120 instead of $60.

This suggests that you weren't ready for this dedicated server sale and your support is working as slowly as they can.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Azenot said:

@OVH_APAC said: Hi @emgh , as previously mentioned the promo is indeed recurring. We have raised the issue internally to the relevant team to fix the wording and we can assure you that the promotional price applies as long as you keep your server.

After my first request for support, 10 days have already passed. The problem is not fixed yet. I should pay to renew the server before May 9, but I don't want to pay $120 instead of $60.

This suggests that you weren't ready for this dedicated server sale and your support is working as slowly as they can.

They are recurring, I’ve had limited edition servers that said that for over a year at this point still at the discounted rate. It is purely a display error nothing actually related to the server.

• AzenotAzenot Member

@TomasSystems said: They are recurring, I’ve had limited edition servers that said that for over a year at this point still at the discounted rate. It is purely a display error nothing actually related to the server.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3654294/#Comment_3654294

Is Paypal also have a display issue?)

@Azenot said:

Hi @Azenot , I'm sorry, but did you already shared with us your ticket number? As we can't locate it on our side without this info. Thanks!

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

Thanks @OVH_APAC - feels better knowing it’s purely visual.

I hope it gets resolved soon still, it’s very confusing and also for your own sake, I’m sure your support department is getting hammered with this exact question.

Appreciate the answer as said, and apart from this billing issue the server performs really good, network is sweet AND your billing support (had some issues with setting up automatic renewal) was very fast and set it up for me.

I’d honestly say without the annoying billing bug it’s my best dedicated experience so far, all time.

With the 64 GB upgrade it’s an amazing deal price-wise too (GAME-1).

Thanked by 2Azenot OhJohn
  • AzenotAzenot Member

@emgh said: I’d honestly say without the annoying billing bug it’s my best dedicated experience so far, all time.

Yeah, the service is good, but the billing bug spoils the overall impression.

Thanked by 2emgh OhJohn
  • rektrekt Member

I’ve had OVH pull the rug on an ongoing discount before, after the 12 month commitment they just removed the discount without any notice for a BF 2019 deal. This was after I confirmed via phone support that the discount was ongoing prior to purchase. I didn’t notice the switcharoo until way later, they never made it right either after a lot of back and forth, despite them clearly being objectively wrong about it and provably so (via waybackmachine).

I stopped recommending people to OVH due to that experience, unfortunately. I'd like to be able to trust them again though.

Servers are great otherwise, good hardware and networking. Wish they just removed annual commits, because it’s really a pain to deal with even if you intend to have the server for 2+ years. I’d be fine with 12/24 month commitments that switch to monthly (at the same price) after the period has elapsed, but the commitment renews for another full 12/24 months at the end. So if the server was a deal, then switching to monthly at the end means a price hike to the undiscounted price. For a long time they didn't even allow switching to monthly at all, so it was renew for a year or cancel entirely as the only options. So as a rule, I only buy monthly commitments with OVH. That way, after the first monthly renewal they can't reinterpret their deal in some inconceivable way.

Anyhow, purchased a couple of Rise-1 servers (monthly, of course) based on this thread, as it is explicitly stated publicly that the discount is recurring on the month to month (and other) commitments. Would have been nice if I didn’t need to search so far and wide to figure out if these deals were recurring or not.

Has anyone renewed one of these servers listed on the month to month yet and can confirm they were not overcharged?

Thanked by 2emgh bula
  • emghemgh Member

@rekt I understand you were able to prove them being in the wrong before and that it made no difference, but, on these servers it does say, in large bold green text in the invoice, before mentioning it’s only for 12 months, that the discount is in-fact forever.

Considering they don’t seem to have the most intuitive invoicing system, since it’s been taking forever and it still isn’t fixed, I’m not sure the discount won’t actually just disappear.

However, based on the fact that the invoice clearly states it’s discounted until cancellation (even though it also mentions that it’s not lol) and that @OVH_APAC clearly confirmed multiple times that it’s a visual bug that they’re actively working on fixing, and I might have to eat this one up in a year, I have a really hard time seeing them going back on this promise.

Especially if tagged here where they publically called is a visual issue.

In summary, I think it’s most likely that it’s all getting fixed in a while, it’s also likely that their invoicing system is complex and that the discount may actually be removed. However, I consider it very unlikely that the discount gets removed and that they deny fixing it.

As a bonus: The invoice that claims that the discount is ”forever”, it probably can’t be changed, since changing an old invoice probably isn’t very legal in most cases, so there’ll always be live proof on their website.

Thanked by 1rekt
  • bobertbobert Member

@bobert said:

Hi @bobert , do you have any ongoing ticket with regards to your network issue? You can drop us a PM with the ticket ref # and we will look into it.

@OVH_APAC

ticket number is 7691624. I sent you a pm about this 1-2 days ago and didn't get a response.

• nbwidnbwid Member

@OVH_APAC said:

@mrclown said:
    Nice except setup fees and new IP prices.

OVH is asking setup fees from existing customers since (may be) they are bad customers and block them from more purchases. Well done, have to pass because of that. :D

Hello @mrclown , setup fee are waived for everyone when you commit on 12 or 24 months. That said, we value your feedback and we will remove this setup fee for existing customers too on the month to month plan. The free setup fee will be applied automatically (without the need of a code). Will implement this change later today. Will reconfirm here and edit the post offer accordingly.
    Thanks and happy shopping!

Hello, I hope to buy vps through Alipay, is there a vps channel? The requirement is kvm vps

• atulatul Member
    edited May 2023

@emgh said:

@Arkas said:

Thanks!

To add on the above, the invoice is formatted in a way that enables them to go both ways as is REALLY unclear.

"Special offer : 50% off on GAME-1 and GAME-2 servers (including their RAM option), for mensual payment

But, after this, it says "Other DEDICATED-OPTION", here, it lists what products I've got with full-price (that the "Other GIFT" deducts 50 % from), and, here, it says, for both the server and the RAM upgrade:

Makes no sense really. In the same invoice they both claim that the offer is valid until server cancellation and that it's valid for 12 months.

There is nothing legitimate about them. Internal issues lasted for 4 months, invoice issues, ip address issues, discount issues. Customer support issues. If you are really really lucky than you might get a reply from customer support in the same month you started the ticket and for solution it can be long time till weather changes from summer to winter and vice versa. I HAVE PROOFS FOR THERE INCOMPETENCE.

Been with them since 2015 and how they have screwed up month after month and there customer support is so useless that they cannot do 15 year old child mathematics. Never seen such a pathetic service, servers.

Before buying please Check there reviews , clear each and every discount in writing otherwise support technician will deny the commitment

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ovhcloud.com?sort=recency

• emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

@atul said:

@emgh said:

@Arkas said:

Thanks!

There is nothing legitimate about them. Internal issues lasted for 4 months, invoice issues, ip address issues, discount issues. Customer support issues. If you are really really lucky than you might get a reply from customer support in the same month you started the ticket and for solution it can be long time till weather changes from summer to winter and vice versa. I HAVE PROOFS FOR THERE INCOMPETENCE.

Been with them since 2015 and how they have screwed up month after month and there customer support is so useless that they cannot do 15 year old child mathematics. Never seen such a pathetic service, servers.

Before buying please Check there reviews , clear each and every discount in writing otherwise support technician will deny the commitment

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ovhcloud.com?sort=recency

I understand they’re not perfect and dealing with a large and budget-tier company sure can be annoying; but:

1. Everything already is in writing, on the invoice
    2. The TrustPilot link is useless, first dude don’t understand IP geo location and the second dude is mad he’s not allowed in; basically affects no one who’s actually let in

Also, I got a reply from @OVH_APAC in about 2 days where they fixed my self imposed issues for me, without me even asking them to (not the weird invoice thing).

• ralfralf Member

@emgh said:

This was never answered, but it's a bad translation from French. It means monthly.

Thanked by 2emgh Arkas
  • emghemgh Member
    edited May 2023

@ralf said:

@emgh said:

This was never answered, but it's a bad translation from French. It means monthly.

Thanks

I though it had something to do with the swedish translation of period, mens

But then how could one pay using PMS

• ralfralf Member

@emgh said:

@ralf said:

@emgh said:

It's almost certainly the same root. Month is mensis in Latin, and μην in Greek, and both derive from PIE mens meaning moon. A bit more info here: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Indo-European/mḗh₁n̥s which says that the meaning moon is derived from the parent word's meaning of to measure.

The men- root is still common in Romance languages, but seemed to mutate early the mon- in Germanic languages.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@ralf said:

@emgh said:

@ralf said:

@emgh said:

It's almost certainly the same root. Month is mensis in Latin, and μην in Greek, and both derive from PIE mens meaning moon. A bit more info here: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Indo-European/mḗh₁n̥s which says that the meaning moon is derived from the parent word's meaning of to measure.

The men- root is still common in Romance languages, but seemed to mutate early the mon- in Germanic languages.

Thanks!