Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50% Off Recurring AMD Ryzen Servers & more (include APAC region!) | No commitment | No setup fees - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

50% Off Recurring AMD Ryzen Servers & more (include APAC region!) | No commitment | No setup fees

13»

Comments

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2023

@emgh said:
    @rekt I understand you were able to prove them being in the wrong before and that it made no difference, but, on these servers it does say, in large bold green text in the invoice, before mentioning it’s only for 12 months, that the discount is in-fact forever.

Considering they don’t seem to have the most intuitive invoicing system, since it’s been taking forever and it still isn’t fixed, I’m not sure the discount won’t actually just disappear.

However, based on the fact that the invoice clearly states it’s discounted until cancellation (even though it also mentions that it’s not lol) and that @OVH_APAC clearly confirmed multiple times that it’s a visual bug that they’re actively working on fixing, and I might have to eat this one up in a year, I have a really hard time seeing them going back on this promise.

Especially if tagged here where they publically called is a visual issue.

In summary, I think it’s most likely that it’s all getting fixed in a while, it’s also likely that their invoicing system is complex and that the discount may actually be removed. However, I consider it very unlikely that the discount gets removed and that they deny fixing it.

As a bonus: The invoice that claims that the discount is ”forever”, it probably can’t be changed, since changing an old invoice probably isn’t very legal in most cases, so there’ll always be live proof on their website.

Hi @emgh , yes unfortunately it is not as straight forward to 'fix' it immediately (different systems/teams etc to go through) but as communicated previously, promo is recurring as per also stated in the terms and conditions advertised on the website ("Offer valid until service cancellation.")

@nbwid said:
    Hello, I hope to buy vps through Alipay, is there a vps channel? The requirement is kvm vps

Hi @nbwid , unfortunately we don't support Alipay

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@OVH_APAC said: Hi @emgh , yes unfortunately it is not as straight forward to 'fix' it immediately (different systems/teams etc to go through) but as communicated previously, promo is recurring as per also stated in the terms and conditions advertised on the website ("Offer valid until service cancellation.")

Thank you for clarifying it :)

• rektrekt Member

@OVH_APAC said:

@emgh said:
    @rekt I understand you were able to prove them being in the wrong before and that it made no difference, but, on these servers it does say, in large bold green text in the invoice, before mentioning it’s only for 12 months, that the discount is in-fact forever.

Considering they don’t seem to have the most intuitive invoicing system, since it’s been taking forever and it still isn’t fixed, I’m not sure the discount won’t actually just disappear.

However, based on the fact that the invoice clearly states it’s discounted until cancellation (even though it also mentions that it’s not lol) and that @OVH_APAC clearly confirmed multiple times that it’s a visual bug that they’re actively working on fixing, and I might have to eat this one up in a year, I have a really hard time seeing them going back on this promise.

Especially if tagged here where they publically called is a visual issue.

In summary, I think it’s most likely that it’s all getting fixed in a while, it’s also likely that their invoicing system is complex and that the discount may actually be removed. However, I consider it very unlikely that the discount gets removed and that they deny fixing it.

As a bonus: The invoice that claims that the discount is ”forever”, it probably can’t be changed, since changing an old invoice probably isn’t very legal in most cases, so there’ll always be live proof on their website.

Hi @emgh , yes unfortunately it is not as straight forward to 'fix' it immediately (different systems/teams etc to go through) but as communicated previously, promo is recurring as per also stated in the terms and conditions advertised on the website ("Offer valid until service cancellation.")

@nbwid said:
    Hello, I hope to buy vps through Alipay, is there a vps channel? The requirement is kvm vps

Hi @nbwid , unfortunately we don't support Alipay

In the previous case, OVH support kept claiming that the clause 'Offer valid for all new orders (excluding renewals) placed between (date) and (date)' meant that the discount was not recurring (and ignoring all other clauses and sales copy). Despite this really meaning, "you cannot apply this discount to an existing server you are already renting, new orders only". This same exact clause existed on all BF2019 deals and exists on all deals I've seen from OVH (such as the ones listed here), including ones that explicitly state the discount is ongoing, which means this clause cannot possibly mean discounts are not recurring.

I had some servers from that deal go up a bit (~20%), but that was somewhat understandable and there was some warning about it. The deal I had went up something like 50% after a year without warning. They also had a bug in which the discount was removed within the year, added back, then removed again at the end of the year. They refunded the 1 month charge difference that was inside the initial year (after I noticed their bug, a long time later), but they never made the rest right.

The terms are somewhat clear if there is good trust with the company not to reinterpret the terms with artistic license.

I appreciate you making the terms very clear here. Thank you for that.

• atulatul Member
    edited May 2023

@emgh said:

@atul said:

@emgh said:

@Arkas said:

@emgh said: First of all: I don't believe this is a necro

It isn't necro :smile:

Thanks!

To add on the above, the invoice is formatted in a way that enables them to go both ways as is REALLY unclear.

First it says "Other GIFT", here, it says:

"Special offer : 50% off on GAME-1 and GAME-2 servers (including their RAM option), for mensual payment
    Offer valids until server cancellation."

In this first part of the invoice, it removes 50 % of the promo-related costs.

Also: What in the fuck is a "mensual payment"?

If it ended here, nice, sweet - all good.

But, after this, it says "Other DEDICATED-OPTION", here, it lists what products I've got with full-price (that the "Other GIFT" deducts 50 % from), and, here, it says, for both the server and the RAM upgrade:
    "only applicable for 12 times"

Makes no sense really. In the same invoice they both claim that the offer is valid until server cancellation and that it's valid for 12 months.

There is nothing legitimate about them. Internal issues lasted for 4 months, invoice issues, ip address issues, discount issues. Customer support issues. If you are really really lucky than you might get a reply from customer support in the same month you started the ticket and for solution it can be long time till weather changes from summer to winter and vice versa. I HAVE PROOFS FOR THERE INCOMPETENCE.

Been with them since 2015 and how they have screwed up month after month and there customer support is so useless that they cannot do 15 year old child mathematics. Never seen such a pathetic service, servers.

Before buying please Check there reviews , clear each and every discount in writing otherwise support technician will deny the commitment

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ovhcloud.com?sort=recency

I understand they’re not perfect and dealing with a large and budget-tier company sure can be annoying; but:

1. Everything already is in writing, on the invoice
    2. The TrustPilot link is useless, first dude don’t understand IP geo location and the second dude is mad he’s not allowed in; basically affects no one who’s actually let in

Also, I got a reply from @OVH_APAC in about 2 days where they fixed my self imposed issues for me, without me even asking them to (not the weird invoice thing).

Trustpilot link is the review from customers who have bought and suffered at the hands of OVH. Don't want in on anything to do with OVH, not even for free. 1999 reviews on that link. LET readers Who will you trust 1999 people writing reviews or some one who praises ovh for some discount. 1999 against 1 ?. Your choice LET readers.

My comment has nothing to do with IP geo location, it was never mentioned in the comments, where did you get it. Within a year after a few support tickets you will learn real geo location when you will be chasing them round the clock for support. Live chat is the best you just have to geo locate the best location for it. Than the phone support if some picks up.

Even after everything is in writing, it still took them 4 months to sort the invoice when everything was clearly written in their order confirmation.

I still have 4 servers with them , cancelled 5 already. waiting for others under commitment to run their tenure. By that time they will either sort themselves or be out of business.

@OVH_APAC perhaps you can visit trustpilot link and solve miseries of people who have given ticket numbers there. Or you only care about the forum where you are selling.

your existing customers are posting on public forums and you are asking for ticket numbers here to provide support. Can you tell us what will happen to the ticket numbers which are not mentioned in any public forum ?. You will let them wait and jump queue to solve tickets that you get here. If your support was efficient you wouldn't be asking ticket numbers here.