Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What uptime monitoring service do you use? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What uptime monitoring service do you use?

Comments

• Hetrixtools for important services
    PHP Server Monitor for everything else

Thanked by 1harrison
  • Hetrix Tools for now

Thanked by 1harrison
  • zhizhi Member

Uptime Kuma (self-hosted)

Thanked by 1harrison
  • uptimekuma
    hetrixtools
    freshping

Thanked by 1harrison
  • UmairUmair Member

@MikePT said:
    We were using Nixstats for years but recently moved to Hetrix Tools. @Andreix runs a tight ship. We love it.

Any particular reason from switching to HetrixTools from Nixstats ??
    I am looking into both options so just wondering about your switch.

Thanked by 2harrison MikePT
  • HetrixTools.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • Better Uptime

• Hetrixtools + uptimekuma + uptimerobot

• JabJabJabJab Member

@Umair said: I am looking into both options so just wondering about your switch.

nixstats is dead, it was bought (and spinned as different product) by a big bois.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184289/nixstats-abandoned

Thanked by 1Umair
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited June 2023

UptimeRobot (free) for traditional protocols i.e. ping and HTTPS.
    My own software (hosted on NanoKVM) for routers on push-ups delivery network.
    Text message from angry customers for apps they rely on.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • HetrixTools

• wii747wii747 Member

Hetrixtools

• tjntjn Member

@yoursunny said:
    Text message from angry customers for apps they rely on.

This is my favourite. It's free, with 5 second check time.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Uptime Robot for server monitoring and hetrixtools for IP Reputation monitoring .. we may switch even server monitoring to hetrix but probably some time later

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Umair said:

@MikePT said:
    We were using Nixstats for years but recently moved to Hetrix Tools. @Andreix runs a tight ship. We love it.

Any particular reason from switching to HetrixTools from Nixstats ??
    I am looking into both options so just wondering about your switch.

I love Vincent, but Nixstats development just stalled. Looks like they're focusing on Plesk's monitoring service (Nixstats, was acquired by Plesk) if I recall correctly.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • shuiershuier Member

Zabbix + Prometheus = ALL

• tjntjn Member

@shuier said:
    Zabbix + Prometheus = ALL

I haven't used Prometheus, does it handle notifications significantly better than Zabbix does?

• UmairUmair Member

@JabJab said:

nixstats is dead, it was bought (and spinned as different product) by a big bois.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184289/nixstats-abandoned

Wow, I didn't notice that. I remember I was an early user of nixstats and it was a great product. I had no idea it was sold and that too to WebPros
    That's a shame. They not only killed an amazing product but also spin it with a high price version will little to no improvements.

Looks like I will have to give Hetrixtool an other try. (It used to give me lots of false positive last time I tried. Hopefully it has gotten better). It's been a while though.

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

Site24x7 (started free, now have too many devices, so paid). Have used many over the years, stuck on this one. We used it originally for off-site customers systems in another division of the company, then swung it over to use for our own, love it.

We monitor basic uptime, but then can even monitor RAID status using custom-built scripts on most of the servers, so we get notifications of RAID degradation in real-time. Allows for notification groups, server groups, has public status page with ability for private servers, custom service status monitor for services on a server. Also monitors load, CPU, RAM usage, drive space etc.

Not just for monitoring uptime. We use to do self hosted, but I like having it offsite in another network not mine. When something shows as offline it checks from up to 4 different locations geographically.

Thanked by 1weed
  • Uptime Kuma + HetrixTools

• I saw MonSpark and got it's LTD back in Dec 2022

It's pretty decent, albeit some false alarms. But the dev team is responsive and helps fix bugs and take public requests with votes.

But for production usage +1 for Hetrixtools

• wadihwadih Member
    edited July 2023

I'm the author of simple-ping.com

It's an entry level monitoring service designed to be easy to use on mobiles.

You can check an ipv4 address, a hostname, or do a webpage scraping for a string.

It has some false positives although very rarely at times because it checks from only one source in toronto, but you can delete a false positive from the dashboard.

It's able to send an email every minute or only on state change.

I use it to monitor 8 machines for myself.

This is the first post I write about it, I haven't created a profile page on alternativeto, g2, capterra, trustpilot yet.

If anybody wants to try it out, I would love to hear your feedback.

Thanked by 1harrison
  • shafireshafire Member
    edited July 2023

I am currently looking for log management and monitoring of an anycast nginx setup and JVM applications.
    Does someone have experience with new relic (especially the free tier)?

• jinxyjinxy Member

Uptime kuma on my NAS

• ailiceailice Member

Uptime kuma @ Pikapods

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

We are using Hetrix Tools, Uptime Robot and Self Hosted.

• VoidVoid Member

Any services like Hetrixtools that has a free tier with telegram notifications?

• Uptime kuma, simple and easy to use. I usually host them on a cloud server since they have high availability

• wii747wii747 Member

HetrixTools

• Switched over to Uptime Robot for now