Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FiberVM Cloud-V is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FiberVM Cloud-V is down

The node and the control panel all went down for more than 24 hours.

Comments

• Go to the billing panel to check the new IP.
    https://billing.cloud-v.net/client/services/index/active/

• Panel seems back up, still have not gotten a new IP.

• We regret to inform you on 2nd Jan 2023 due to some understanding difference with our upstream provider (OVH) your LXC service IP address was cancelled.

Despite our attempts we are unable to restore the same IPs and feel really sorry for the downtime this caused all clients.
    Going forward with these issues is not really something we consider correct from business perspective and so we will no longer offer LXC based services.

A full refund has been issued for your current service period. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to appear on your original payment source.

Also please find attached below the latest backup copy of your VM.

• Fuck, but at least they gave backup.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2023

@rocketprogrammer said:
    We regret to inform you on 2nd Jan 2023 due to some understanding difference with our upstream provider (OVH) your LXC service IP address was cancelled.

Despite our attempts we are unable to restore the same IPs and feel really sorry for the downtime this caused all clients.
    Going forward with these issues is not really something we consider correct from business perspective and so we will no longer offer LXC based services.

A full refund has been issued for your current service period. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to appear on your original payment source.

Also please find attached below the latest backup copy of your VM.

Immediately cancelling, refunding, and providing backups to all LXC services seems a bit extreme (the hell?) :|

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2023

Probably still cheaper than renting IPs from OVH / someone else and making it work within short timeframe :P
    / or chargebacks costs already too much /

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

They were probably losing money with the IP costs.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

If you don't know what to do with your LXC backup file, just know that HostCram can restore those vzdump backup files on any of our i9 LXC VPS.

Thanked by 1rocketprogrammer
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@Shakib said:
    If you don't know what to do with your LXC backup file, just know that HostCram can restore those vzdump backup files on any of our i9 LXC VPS.

:D

Thanked by 1Shakib

@Advin said:

@Shakib said:

:D

;)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

If you don't know what to do with your LXC backup file, just know that Deep Atlantic Storage can store those vzdump backup files on any of the water molecules for later recovery.

Thanked by 1rocketprogrammer
  • @Shakib said:

Out of stock...anyway...

• edited January 2023

@ascicode said:

@Shakib said:

Out of stock...anyway...

Seems so, any other providers willing to restore the lxc backup?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@rocketprogrammer said: any other providers willing to restore the lxc backup?

@Abd maybe?

Same same but different.

• Cloud-V sounds like Hyper-V. That’s the issue

@ascicode said:

@Shakib said:

Out of stock...anyway...

Stock quantity added.

• @rocketprogrammer said:
    We regret to inform you on 2nd Jan 2023 due to some understanding difference with our upstream provider (OVH) your LXC service IP address was cancelled.

Translation: we thought if we didn't pay the invoice, OVH wouldn't notice.

• i never buy a lxc sh*t with more than 5usd/y

• @rocketprogrammer said:
    Panel seems back up, still have not gotten a new IP.

No, their control panel is still down.

• edited January 2023

It was up earlier when I first posted.

• Sorry to bump this thread.

I have not been able to connect my VPS for almost a month now, possibly due to an IP change. I have sent a ticket to support but have not received a response. I have checked the IP at https://billing.cloud-v.net/client/services/index/active/ but I do not see any changes.

Anyone have solution? Tired of cloud-v's service and will avoid them in the future.

• ralfralf Member

FWIW everything seems fine for me.

If you've not been able to connect for a month, I suggest you send them another ticket. You could also try tagging @CloudV although he does seem to have gone quiet recently.

• Well, I guess they just run away and leave their service to datacenter.

https://i.imgur.com/SPYcVV0.png

• Does @Abd somehow have connection to Cloud V owner? IIRC

• ralfralf Member

Interesting, it seems they've failed to file the necessary paperwork for their UK company that was due 2 months ago, and if it's not sorted within 2 months the company will be struck off the register: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13830058

I had pretty bad vibes about Cloud-V from the start - he's always made himself out to be a UK based company, boasting about that on the website, charging in GBP etc, but when I placed my order the invoice was from his Indian company, which as far as I'm concerned is fraudulent. I had some other concerns, which I won't air here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends up deadpooling. I demoted my VPS from public-facing services to just being a redundant borg backup target about 8 months ago because of my worries about the service at the time. Surprisingly, it's been pretty reliable since then, but with his long absence from here and failing to file company documents on time makes me think he's just given up on the company entirely.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Void
  • ralfralf Member

@ralf said:
    Surprisingly, it's been pretty reliable since then,

Guess I spoke too soon.

• @ralf said:

@ralf said:
    Surprisingly, it's been pretty reliable since then,

Guess I spoke too soon.

you had to jinx it

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2023

What and where died with Cloud-V (and timestamp please)?
    Because WebHorizon NL died too, similar times... coincidence?
    https://status.webhorizon.net/report/uptime/5f2728133ba92247d5dda7850d5f85e7/

EDIT just went back online, does Cloud-V came back too? :D

Thanked by 1stephfd21
  • @JabJab said:
    What and where died with Cloud-V (and timestamp please)?
    Because WebHorizon NL died too, similar times... coincidence?
    https://status.webhorizon.net/report/uptime/5f2728133ba92247d5dda7850d5f85e7/

EDIT just went back online, does Cloud-V came back too? :D

I came on LET to mention this exact same thing. They probably went down the same time