Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FiberVM Cloud-V is down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FiberVM Cloud-V is down

2»

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2023

@stephfd21 said: I came on LET to mention this exact same thing. They probably went down the same time

Yeah, I just need @ralf to tell us what and when went down.
    WebHorizon NL LXC is Hetzner dedi DE (IPv6) with IPv4 via Hybula NL tunnel and earlier when it was tunnel problem just IPv4 died - now IPv6 died too.

Server is back, uptime suggest no reboot - so most likely network cut off by Hetzner or simpler an issue in Hetzner (but I don't see anything in theirs incidents, however I have no experience with those and if they really update things there if only "one rack" or something problem) so I if @ralf gonna confirm times it would mean: the same servers or the same Hetzner account and Abd would have some things to explain...

• ralfralf Member
    edited March 2023

Yeah, it was down for about an hour an a half. Interestingly the mtr showed Hybula as the penultimate hop, so I guess they've shifted away from OVH entirely for their IPs. My Hybula VPS was unaffected during this period, so it's whatever they're tunnelling to that had the issue.

@JabJab - according to Hetrix, the downtime was 11:46 - 13:12 GMT

Also, pretty sure somewhere they said they were brothers, but claimed the businesses were independent.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2023

So times fits perfectly with WebHorizon NL LXC/KVM outage too... as that HT public page is +5:30 timezone

@Abd care to explain why two 'independent' businesses managed to go down exactly the same time for exactly the same period - do you share dedi(s)? Do you share Hetzner account?

• I am pretty sure that I've seen that this is going to be separate thing, but welp - if this officially under WebHorizon brand and there is no answer to tickets for months (and those are not NAT services) it's time to say goodbye.

Thanks @Dazzle

• New NL orders going through webhorizon, but the prices looking horribly high there. Better use the deals here.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited March 2023

@Shakib said:
    If you don't know what to do with your LXC backup file, just know that HostCram can restore those vzdump backup files on any of our i9 LXC VPS.

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@JabJab said:
    So times fits perfectly with WebHorizon NL LXC/KVM outage too... as that HT public page is +5:30 timezone

@Abd care to explain why two 'independent' businesses managed to go down exactly the same time for exactly the same period - do you share dedi(s)? Do you share Hetzner account?

Cloud-V is WebHorizon reseller.

• ralfralf Member

@yoursunny said:

@JabJab said:

Cloud-V is WebHorizon reseller.

There's definitely more to it than just a reseller. They're clearly either brothers or the same person.

The UK company is owned by Mukhtar Wadekar, WebHorizon is owned by Abdullah Wadekar, and there's at least one thing relating to WebHorizon that's registered in the name Abdullah Mukhtar Wadekar which would suggest for the UK company he just used his middle name to pretend they were separate.

As pointed out by @Dazzle, when Cloud-V was for introduced, it was announced by @Abdullah on LES as being part of WebHorizon:

Cloud Five Solutions is a sub-brand of WebHorizon, registered in India.
    Registration Number: 2110300315388452
    Registration Office: New Panvel, Raigad , MH

As I said, when I ordered from Cloud-V which was pretending to be a UK company, I actually received an invoice from:

Cloud Five Solutions
    103, Sector 11, Taloja, Navi Mumbai 410208
    Registration Number: 2110300315388452
    Registration Office: New Panvel, Raigad District

Later on, but @Abd and @CloudV have claimed that they're totally unrelated and on one occasion said they were just family members with independent businesses: https://lowendspirit.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/85059/#Comment_85059

There's evidence that they're even sharing the same user database here, which would be an extremely bad practice for independent companies: https://lowendspirit.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/85741/#Comment_85741

Perhaps the reason @CloudV hasn't logged in for so long is that is was in violation of the rule of one account per user.

What's going on here @Abd?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ralf said:
    there's at least one thing relating to WebHorizon that's registered in the name Abdullah Mukhtar Wadekar

Searching this name gives:

aut-num:        AS211305
    as-name:        WebHorizon
    org:            ORG-WA645-RIPE
    import:         from AS58057 accept ANY
    export:         to AS58057 announce AS211305
    import:         from AS61218 accept ANY
    export:         to AS61218 announce AS211305
    admin-c:        DUMY-RIPE
    tech-c:         DUMY-RIPE
    mnt-by:         RIPE-NCC-END-MNT
    mnt-by:         SBMT
    created:        2021-05-18T07:21:35Z
    last-modified:  2023-03-14T12:41:28Z
    source:         RIPE
    remarks:        ****************************
    remarks:        * THIS OBJECT IS MODIFIED
    remarks:        * Please note that all data that is generally regarded as personal
    remarks:        * data has been removed from this object.
    remarks:        * To view the original object, please query the RIPE Database at:
    remarks:        * http://www.ripe.net/whois

organisation:   ORG-WA645-RIPE
    org-name:       Abdullah Mukhtar Wadekar trading as 'WebHorizon'
    org-type:       OTHER
    address:        Dummy address for ORG-WA645-RIPE
    e-mail:         [email protected]
    abuse-c:        NA7080-RIPE
    mnt-ref:        SBMT
    mnt-by:         SBMT
    mnt-by:         ABDULLAH-W-MNT
    created:        2021-04-16T16:23:10Z
    last-modified:  2022-12-01T17:30:04Z
    source:         RIPE
    remarks:        * THIS OBJECT IS MODIFIED
    remarks:        * Please note that all data that is generally regarded as personal
    remarks:        * data has been removed from this object.
    remarks:        * To view the original object, please query the RIPE Database at:
    remarks:        * http://www.ripe.net/whois

The aut-num has since been deleted, but the organisation is still in RIPE database:
    https://rest.db.ripe.net/ripe/organisation/ORG-WA645-RIPE.txt

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • ralfralf Member

@Abd - any comment on this?

• ralfralf Member

Whilst checking the status of my ticket to find out when IPv4 would be restored, I noticed that the control panel is set up to auto-renew the service and the price is jacked up by 20% over last year. What a joke for such a crappy service. Take my advice, and check your panel and change it to cancel at end of term if you don't want to be ripped off for another year.

Thanked by 1itsgoingdown
  • Cloud-V is down

Thanked by 1itsgoingdown
  • @Abd hey how are you?