Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't choose Maxkvm anymore, they change renewal price, don't answer ticket and close my account
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Don't choose Maxkvm anymore, they change renewal price, don't answer ticket and close my account

Don't choose Maxkvm anymore, they change the renewal price arbitrarily, don't reply to my ticket for more than 5 months, and close my account directly.

1. Change the renewal price arbitrarily and cancel the recurring discount without any notification:
    At the end of October 2022, I suddenly discovered that Maxkvm had doubled the renewal price of the VPS I purchased in 2020, and had canceled the 50% recurring discount without any notification. This entire process was conducted quietly, leaving me surprised and disappointed.

2. Maxkvm didn't reply to my ticket for almost 5 months:
    Of course, I will communicate with them about this and ask for changing the price back to the original amount. However, Maxkvm has not replied to me once since this ticket was created and they had always kept this ticket as 'in progress'. I have replied to the ticket several times over the past 5 months to ask for the result, but never got a reply. They have been delaying this for 5 months, even though they have time to release Black Friday and Christmas promotions. Ironically, Maxkvm's Black Friday offer is 10% lower than the original price I asked them to change back, but they still choose to delay and not reply. I believe they are simply trying to delay for 180 days and then move on to the next step.

3. Maxkvm closed my account, despite having an active VPS and some account balance.:
    Yesterday Maxkvm suddenly informed me that they had closed my account and canceled the VPS after the end of billing. Moreover, it appears that they have also emptied my account balance. I can still log in now, but can't do anything.

As a user who has supported Maxkvm since they started their business in July 2020 (my affiliate number is 20+ and have a VPS that has been renewed for 3 years), I still support them even after their previous stupid incident and their global network outage last year.
But this time, I am extremely disappointed with their actions, including changing the renewal price arbitrarily, denying the recurring offer, not responding to my ticket for over 5 months, and even closing my account despite having a normally used VPS and balance. I can't believe that they have become like this, and as a result, Maxkvm has now entered my blacklist.

If you are considering ordering a VPS from Maxkvm, please think carefully before doing so.

Thanked by 2JasonM maverick

Comments

• It's been known for a while now that MaxKVM will arbitrarily and unapologetically insult customers via ticket and display a generally shitty approach to customer service.

My suggestion would be to cancel all services with MaxKVM and switch to virtually ANY other provider.

• even virmach is better than maxkvm.

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

even nexusbites is better than maxkvm

Thanked by 2waynechris MrLime
  • even hostdoc is better than maxkvm

• even hostsolutions is better than maxkvm

• yeah, there was old dram about MaxKVM and people said to avoid buying vps from them at all cost. :/

• Yeah maxkvm is shit, but why webhosting24 included in your blacklist ? I never tried them but once considered so because they have sg location

Thanked by 1Dazzle
  • @Liso said:
    Yeah maxkvm is shit, but why webhosting24 included in your blacklist ? I never tried them but once considered so because they have sg location

I had services on MaxKVM and Webhosting24. Honestly, never had any issue.

Curious about Webhosting24 too, why its on your blacklist @wxcszh ?

• @Dazzle said:

@Liso said:
    Yeah maxkvm is shit, but why webhosting24 included in your blacklist ? I never tried them but once considered so because they have sg location

I had services on MaxKVM and Webhosting24. Honestly, never had any issue.

Curious about Webhosting24 too, why its on your blacklist @wxcszh ?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/173229/webhosting24-com-is-superb-but-it-does-not-allow-customer-complaints#latest

• even Webhosting24 is better than maxkvm

• wxcszhwxcszh Member
    edited February 2023

@Liso @Dazzle

I don't remember very clearly, but it seems that their(Webhosting24) low-end vps does not provide the same migration service as high-end package. And my VPS did not go online synchronously after the maintenance. I sent a ticket for help to get my VPS back online, but they did not acknowledge that the offline time of the VPS was much longer than their maintenance time.

However, it has been a long time since they had new promotions for lowend vps, and their(Webhosting24) high-end VPS packages are still very good.

• @cybertech said:
    even hostdoc is better than maxkvm

Even Alpharacks was better than…
    Never mind

Thanked by 3tjn emg msallak1
  • summer hosts are better than this.

• ihostart?

Thanked by 1Calin
  • MaxKVMMaxKVM Member, Host Rep

Hello LET,

In case you didn’t know, pricing was adjusted for the October 2022 billing cycle since CPU restrictions were removed and all VMs were allocated 100% dedicated CPU cores. Multiple emails were sent explaining the infrastructure change, price adjustment, and extra time to pay October invoices.

This customer had a 50% discount in addition to the 67% annual promotional discount, which was a billing error that had been overlooked for 2 years and was corrected with the price adjustment.

This billing error was explained to the customer over support chat on 10/27/22. They were not happy.

The customer then created a ticket the next day, 10/28/22, demanding the second discount be reapplied for their renewal in 8 months on 7/1/23.

The ticket was placed “In Progress” while their demand was under consideration.

The customer replied to the ticket the same week, again demanding the discount be reapplied.

The ticket was kept “In Progress” while their demand was under consideration.

The customer replied to the ticket every week until the end of November demanding the ticket be processed with their discount restored.

The customer continued their replies through December and January.

At least two valid complaints from other providers were found on fraudrecord about this user in early February:

Alwyzon Internet Services
    fraud
    fake id and tries to circumvent security measures

INCUBATEC GmbH - Srl
    staff abuse
    Harrasses staff and makes a lot of requests regarding the GDPR, just to cause trouble and timeloss.

On 2/15/23, the customer was informed their service had been scheduled for termination at the end of their annual billing cycle and their account was not permitted to place new orders.

Two days later, the customer filed a PayPal claim that resulted in service suspension and account closure per the Terms of Service.

Dazzle said: I had services on MaxKVM and Webhosting24. Honestly, never had any issue.

Most users do not have any issues on MaxKVM.

• Performance is excellent and uptime is close to 100%.
    • Support responds quickly to actual issues.
    • Except for Singapore, (which was offline for ~3 hours due to unavoidable datacenter maintenance in January), looking glass VMs have been online for 297 days and customer VMs could match this if they have not rebooted.
    • There was very little downtime caused by the major outage and migration last year compared to some of the providers here who have nodes go offline for weeks.

For the record, I am truly sorry for the “stupid” mistake in 2021. The customer was incorrectly assumed to be part of a group of trolls who had been spamming support regarding availability in Singapore.

I am also very sorry for any downtime last year after our contract was terminated early. Customers were migrated as quickly as possible and have been kept online on better hardware since then.

The small companies you harass on these forums are the mom-and-pop shops of the internet simply trying to handle their own business.

There is absolutely no reason for so much hatred constantly directed towards MaxKVM. All we do is try to provide the best service possible.

• henixhenix Member

@MaxKVM said: For the record, I am truly sorry for the “stupid” mistake in 2021. The customer was incorrectly assumed to be part of a group of trolls who had been spamming support regarding availability in Singapore.

only took 2 years

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited March 2023

Such bullshit

@MaxKVM said: The customer then created a ticket the next day, 10/28/22, demanding the second discount be reapplied for their renewal in 8 months on 7/1/23.
    (...)
    few months later
    (...)
    At least two valid complaints from other providers were found on fraudrecord about this user in early February:
    On 2/15/23, the customer was informed their service had been scheduled for termination at the end of their annual billing cycle and their account was not permitted to place new orders.

Few months "In Progress" without any communication - not a problem it seems.

Support responds quickly to actual issues.

Support respons quickly to selected issues.

This is even better than famouse 90 days for @c1vhosting :D

• Maxkvm Stop the bullshit.

About the price: I participated in Maxkvm's promotion on LES in July 2020 and used the 50% recurring discount code 'lowendspirit', and finally ordered a 1G package for $15/y (original price $30/y).

In October 2022 Maxkvm announced a price increase for the 1G KVM package from $30/year to $40/year, after stacking 50% discount, the renewal price is 20$/y.

But you Maxkvm refused to acknowledge the 50% recurring discount and adjusted the renewal price directly to 40$/y. I submitted a ticket to request to change back to 20$/y (ironically the same 1g package in 2022 Black Friday was only $18.8/y, I also replied to the ticket that day).

I still don't understand what's wrong with such a request (except for the fact that you Maxkvm are dishonest and fraudulent).

About the ticket: I don't think it's a problem to reply to the ticket once a week or once a month to ask for the processing result. Instead, you didn't reply for 5 months, and then suddenly closed my account and cleared my balance. I don't think this is a normal businessman's behavior. It is obvious that you are maliciously delaying the time to pass the PayPal dispute period.

It's really hard for you Maxkvm to consider such a simple renewal price issue for 5 months without a result. Since the renewal problem cannot be solved, then directly ban the account. You Maxkvm are really very ridiculous and shamelessly claim to provide the best service.

Anyway I will not add a reply. Do not buy Maxkvm's any service.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • @wxcszh said:
    Maxkvm Stop the bullshit.

About the price: I participated in Maxkvm's promotion on LES in July 2020 and used the 50% recurring discount code 'lowendspirit', and finally ordered a 1G package for $15/y (original price $30/y).

In October 2022 Maxkvm announced a price increase for the 1G KVM package from $30/year to $40/year, after stacking 50% discount, the renewal price is 20$/y.

But you Maxkvm refused to acknowledge the 50% recurring discount and adjusted the renewal price directly to 40$/y. I submitted a ticket to request to change back to 20$/y (ironically the same 1g package in 2022 Black Friday was only $18.8/y, I also replied to the ticket that day).

I still don't understand what's wrong with such a request (except for the fact that you Maxkvm are dishonest and fraudulent).

About the ticket: I don't think it's a problem to reply to the ticket once a week or once a month to ask for the processing result. Instead, you didn't reply for 5 months, and then suddenly closed my account and cleared my balance. I don't think this is a normal businessman's behavior. It is obvious that you are maliciously delaying the time to pass the PayPal dispute period.

It's really hard for you Maxkvm to consider such a simple renewal price issue for 5 months without a result. Since the renewal problem cannot be solved, then directly ban the account. You Maxkvm are really very ridiculous and shamelessly claim to provide the best service.

Anyway I will not add a reply. Do not buy Maxkvm's any service.

@MaxKVM is he a troll too?

• @MaxKVM said:
    Hello LET,

In case you didn’t know, pricing was adjusted for the October 2022 billing cycle since CPU restrictions were removed and all VMs were allocated 100% dedicated CPU cores. Multiple emails were sent explaining the infrastructure change, price adjustment, and extra time to pay October invoices.

This customer had a 50% discount in addition to the 67% annual promotional discount, which was a billing error that had been overlooked for 2 years and was corrected with the price adjustment.

This billing error was explained to the customer over support chat on 10/27/22. They were not happy.

The customer then created a ticket the next day, 10/28/22, demanding the second discount be reapplied for their renewal in 8 months on 7/1/23.

The customer replied to the ticket the same week, again demanding the discount be reapplied.

The customer replied to the ticket every week until the end of November demanding the ticket be processed with their discount restored.

The customer continued their replies through December and January.

Alwyzon Internet Services
    fraud
    fake id and tries to circumvent security measures

INCUBATEC GmbH - Srl
    staff abuse
    Harrasses staff and makes a lot of requests regarding the GDPR, just to cause trouble and timeloss.

Two days later, the customer filed a PayPal claim that resulted in service suspension and account closure per the Terms of Service.

Dazzle said: I had services on MaxKVM and Webhosting24. Honestly, never had any issue.

Most users do not have any issues on MaxKVM.

• Performance is excellent and uptime is close to 100%.
    • Support responds quickly to actual issues.
    • Except for Singapore, (which was offline for ~3 hours due to unavoidable datacenter maintenance in January), looking glass VMs have been online for 297 days and customer VMs could match this if they have not rebooted.
    • There was very little downtime caused by the major outage and migration last year compared to some of the providers here who have nodes go offline for weeks.

For the record, I am truly sorry for the “stupid” mistake in 2021. The customer was incorrectly assumed to be part of a group of trolls who had been spamming support regarding availability in Singapore.

I am also very sorry for any downtime last year after our contract was terminated early. Customers were migrated as quickly as possible and have been kept online on better hardware since then.

The small companies you harass on these forums are the mom-and-pop shops of the internet simply trying to handle their own business.

There is absolutely no reason for so much hatred constantly directed towards MaxKVM. All we do is try to provide the best service possible.

finally "official apology"?

@wxcszh said: In October 2022 Maxkvm announced a price increase for the 1G KVM package from $30/year to $40/year, after stacking 50% discount, the renewal price is 20$/y.

But you Maxkvm refused to acknowledge the 50% recurring discount and adjusted the renewal price directly to 40$/y.

Moderator of OGF was also unhappy their billing error was corrected: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/100077/#Comment_100077

@wxcszh said: About the ticket: I don't think it's a problem to reply to the ticket once a week or once a month to ask for the processing result. Instead, you didn't reply for 5 months, and then suddenly closed my account and cleared my balance. I don't think this is a normal businessman's behavior. It is obvious that you are maliciously delaying the time to pass the PayPal dispute period.

At the time of ticket creation, the next due date was in 8 months. This ticket where the customer demanded the price be discounted by an extra 50% was not a priority.

Two fraudrecord entries from other hosts describe this person as a problem customer. They were simply told they could not renew at all at any price.

It doesn't matter. They got their revenge here since the thread title will show in google search.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

tldr;

You jacked my renewal price by nearly 200%... I wont be renewing as I only idle'd.

First Payment Amount
    $69.xx USD
    Recurring Amount
    $199.99 USD

• @jmaxwell said:
    even hostsolutions is better than maxkvm

even my ex is better than maxkvm

• RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2023

@MaxKVM said:
    At the time of ticket creation, the next due date was in 8 months. This ticket where the customer demanded the price be discounted by an extra 50% was not a priority.

This means that a ticket that has no priority will possibly be processed only after 5 months?

This doesn't have to be bad for everyone, but it would be nice if this was communicated directly, e.g. as follows: For us unimportant problems are not processed until we consider them important.

For me, support is an important criterion when choosing a provider and I would find it unacceptable not to receive a response.
    That doesn't mean that a vendor can't tell me that they can't fix a problem or that they don't think it's a bug or .... But I would expect an answer within a maximum of one week.

• BingoBongoBingoBongo Member
    edited March 2023

@Otus9051 said:

@jmaxwell said:

Is she a 10 year old!? :lol:

Thanked by 1emg
  • emgemg Veteran

@Otus9051 said:

@BingoBongo said:

My first thought, too. Child bride? Usually when I see "my ex", it means an ex-wife or ex-husband. I hope this one means, "ex-girlfriend" or "ex-boyfriend", not spouse.

Otus is just getting started. Just wait until he reaches adolescence. Kinda' young to have an "ex", eh?

Thanked by 1BingoBongo
  • @BingoBongo said:

@Otus9051 said:

@jmaxwell said:

she should be 14
    or 40 idk really

• @emg said:

@Otus9051 said:

@BingoBongo said:

My first thought, too. Child bride? Usually when I see "my ex", it means an ex-wife or ex-husband. I hope this one means, "ex-girlfriend" or "ex-boyfriend", not spouse.

Otus is just getting started. Just wait until he reaches adolescence. Kinda' young to have an "ex", eh?

ex WIFE???????
    BRO?????

• emgemg Veteran

@Otus9051 said:
    ex WIFE???????
    BRO?????

Read, but not understood. Do you object to the notion of marriage? Having a "wife" versus "husband" versus some other title? Something else?

Among my peers, "ex-" usually refers to a person to whom you were formerly married. Younger people may have a more flexible interpretation of the term "ex-".

We may be twin brothers from different mothers, but you are definitely not among my peers, bro. You have a few years to catch up.

Thanked by 1BingoBongo