Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't choose Maxkvm anymore, they change renewal price, don't answer ticket and close my account - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Don't choose Maxkvm anymore, they change renewal price, don't answer ticket and close my account

2»

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@MaxKVM said: Moderator of OGF was also unhappy their billing error was corrected: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/100077/#Comment_100077

Since you refereed to me somewhat obliquely I'm a bit late in answering...

I used a limited Promotional Code: 01-01-2021 - 77.70% on a SKVM-4G Annual from this thread and that was the only discount I claimed in the thread you linked to above. So how would this double discount thing happen ?
    Also my "billing error" seems to have happened about a year and a half after @wxcszh 's double discount billing error, strange.

What do you say to just going our separate ways, no biggie, right.
    But how about you also stop referring to me as an example in your double discount claims.

• @Adam1 said:
    tldr;

You jacked my renewal price by nearly 200%... I wont be renewing as I only idle'd.

First Payment Amount
    $69.xx USD
    Recurring Amount
    $199.99 USD

All systems have dedicated CPU cores now and the price reflects the change. You also had a second discount on top of the 8G annual promotion that was removed.

@RapToN said:

@MaxKVM said:
    At the time of ticket creation, the next due date was in 8 months. This ticket where the customer demanded the price be discounted by an extra 50% was not a priority.

This means that a ticket that has no priority will possibly be processed only after 5 months?

He was given an answer in support chat and wanted a different answer in support ticket.

This doesn't have to be bad for everyone, but it would be nice if this was communicated directly, e.g. as follows: For us unimportant problems are not processed until we consider them important.

For me, support is an important criterion when choosing a provider and I would find it unacceptable not to receive a response.
    That doesn't mean that a vendor can't tell me that they can't fix a problem or that they don't think it's a bug or .... But I would expect an answer within a maximum of one week.

All tickets are processed immediately and most are resolved within 24 hours. This was an exceptional case with a user demanding the reinstatement of a second discount on top of the annual promotion. It's not unusual for this user to harass support according to notes from other providers in fraudrecord.

@FrankZ said:

@MaxKVM said: Moderator of OGF was also unhappy their billing error was corrected: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/100077/#Comment_100077

Since you refereed to me somewhat obliquely I'm a bit late in answering...

I used a limited Promotional Code: 01-01-2021 - 77.70% on a SKVM-4G Annual from this thread and that was the only discount I claimed in the thread you linked to above. So how would this double discount thing happen ?
    Also my "billing error" seems to have happened about a year and a half after @wxcszh 's double discount billing error, strange.

What do you say to just going our separate ways, no biggie, right.
    But how about you also stop referring to me as an example in your double discount claims.

Discounts applied in addition to the normal annual promotion - which did not require a code until the beginning of 2021 - were billing errors that had been overlooked until the price change in October 2022. It isn't clear why everyone refuses to understand this.

IMPORTANT

March Madness ends 3/31! Use code MMM23-555 for 55.5% off monthly service

• i suggest @mxkvm to hire a person to deal with communication issues

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2023

@MaxKVM said: Discounts applied in addition to the normal annual promotion - which did not require a code until the beginning of 2021 - were billing errors that had been overlooked until the price change in October 2022. It isn't clear why everyone refuses to understand this.

If I understand you correctly you are counting the yearly price differential from the monthly price as one of the discounts ?

Let's say that is the case, the discount code I mentioned above only applied to the SKVM-4G Annual, it was a contest thing as I am sure you remember. The code would only work for one type of service, at one service term. You had to get both correct for the code to work. So I can't see how you could see this as a "double discount" if the code would only work for a SKVM-4G for a yearly term.

You could have just walked away and stop using me as an example, but instead you had to double down.

• @FrankZ said:

@MaxKVM said: Discounts applied in addition to the normal annual promotion - which did not require a code until the beginning of 2021 - were billing errors that had been overlooked until the price change in October 2022. It isn't clear why everyone refuses to understand this.

If I understand you correctly you are counting the yearly price differential from the monthly price as one of the discounts ?

Let's say that is the case, the discount code I mentioned above only applied to the SKVM-4G Annual, it was a contest thing as I am sure you remember. The code would only work for one type of service, at one service term. You had to get both correct for the code to work. So I can't see how you could see this as a "double discount" if the code would only work for a SKVM-4G for a yearly term.

You could have just walked away and stop using me as an example, but instead you had to double down.

I'd like to clarify again - this was an error and it was corrected.

• @MaxKVM So you are not checking orders? Haven't you noticed in 2 years that you get less than you should?

• @Hotmarer said:
    @MaxKVM So you are not checking orders? Haven't you noticed in 2 years that you get less than you should?

MaxGPT2 woke AI was in charge of creating promotions and filtering orders at the time. The internet is (very) serious business, but let's try not to judge too harshly.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • @MaxKVM said:
    Moderator of OGF was also unhappy their billing error was corrected: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/100077/#Comment_100077

@wxcszh said: About the ticket: I don't think it's a problem to reply to the ticket once a week or once a month to ask for the processing result. Instead, you didn't reply for 5 months, and then suddenly closed my account and cleared my balance. I don't think this is a normal businessman's behavior. It is obvious that you are maliciously delaying the time to pass the PayPal dispute period.

It's really hard for you Maxkvm to consider such a simple renewal price issue for 5 months without a result. Since the renewal problem cannot be solved, then directly ban the account. You Maxkvm are really very ridiculous and shamelessly claim to provide the best service.

At the time of ticket creation, the next due date was in 8 months. This ticket where the customer demanded the price be discounted by an extra 50% was not a priority.

Two fraudrecord entries from other hosts describe this person as a problem customer. They were simply told they could not renew at all at any price.

It doesn't matter. They got their revenge here since the thread title will show in google search.

It doesn't matter. They got their revenge here since the thread title will show in google search.
    Customers never wanted to revenge, they just want what they deserved and you ripped it from them. That is great, this post should be known by searchers all around the world.
    Since you said this kind of thing in LET, I could imagine what you would say in your own support ticket system, treating customers like dog, pure insultation.

• lol look at y'all being treated like stupids

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
  • @stark122 said:
    .... I could imagine what you would say in your own support ticket system, treating customers like dog, pure insultation.

please don't offend dogs, because ... I think dogs are sacred animals

B) focus on maxkvm behavior B)

• emgemg Veteran

The question hinges around: "What does a company do when there is a mistake in an advertisement?" The modern day equivalent is when an online merchant misconfigures something, and everyone piles on to a deal that is "too good to be true."

In some cases, the merchant honors the price. In other cases, the merchant cancels the orders. I have seen combinations, where early random lucky buyers were allowed to keep their purchases, but those who ordered after the word spread are cancelled. Sometimes it depends on the merchant's expected losses - $1 off a package of toilet paper may be honored by the local grocery store, but a "New Ferrari for $1" won't be honored by the Ferrari dealer who made the error.

This case is unusual because the error involves a subscription service. The merchant (@MaxKVM) honored the offer, partly because they did not uncover their error for a long time.

Is MaxKVM obligated to honor the erroneous offer for all customers who took advantage of it? In perpetuity? I think not.

The real issue here may be about how MaxKVM notified customers of the change, whether they did a good job of explaining the mistake to customers, and whether they gave customers adequate time to choose to keep the service at the higher price or migrate to another service.

Based on what I read, the customer (@wxcszh) paid a discounted price for a VPS that is good through July 2023, and was notified of the price increase in October 2022 or earlier. All of that says to me that MaxKVM handled the situation as well as can be expected. wxcszh had plenty of time to decide whether to pay the higher rate and continue, or change to a different service.

After that, the customer interaction did not go well and eventually wxcszh filed a PayPal dispute that got the VPS cancelled for violating terms of service.

This thread is about one customer, wxcszh, attempting to inflict as much damage as they can to MaxKVM business over this incident, where much of the blame falls on their own poor decisions and actions.

I wonder how wxcszh would feel if the roles were reversed.

Thanked by 2pedagang bdl
  • If the same deal got offered a year later for a lower price, why not terminate the old and get the new deal instead? I dont get it.

• MaxKVM March Madness ends in one week!

Purchase any new service with MaxKVM and receive:

77.7% off Biennially with code MMM23-777
    55.5% off Monthly with code MMM23-555

• @emg said:
    I wonder how wxcszh would feel if the roles were reversed.

he would feel sorry and apologize for making a stupid mistake.

• I'm learning about MAXKVM,

If they are at fault and they admit it, be generous.

How important is the quality of their service?

If anyone is using it, please let me know.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@tiendungdev said:
    I'm learning about MAXKVM,

If they are at fault and they admit it, be generous.

How important is the quality of their service?

If anyone is using it, please let me know.

I believe the comments above are good examples to shows that they are not handling stuff properly. They also never replied to my messages so there's that.

Thanked by 1tiendungdev
  • tiendungdevtiendungdev Member
    edited November 2023

After buying MAXKVM and using it, the VPS performance is relatively good, but the support is very slow. No matter what problem you ask, it is slow. For example, the most recent ticket sent asked that if you open 10Gbps+ Port Speed, how much more will it cost? money but they don't want to answer.

Shockhosting and webhorizon are the best options if using VPS in Singapore

• JonesJones Member
    edited November 2023

even virmach is better than maxkvm. +1

I usually don't easily talk about the integrity of merchants' transactions, even when Virmach makes a mess, I don't express my opinion, but maxkvm is something else that is more disgusting

This is a scammer who changes the renewal price at will! Stay away from merchants who have no contractual spirit,

It just reminds me of the content of two tickets

Thanked by 1wxcszh
  • JonesJones Member
    edited November 2023

@ascicode said:
    If the same deal got offered a year later for a lower price, why not terminate the old and get the new deal instead? I dont get it.

If old contracts cannot be complied with, why do you believe that this is not another trap of arbitrary price increases?

(You can definitely find cheaper products here)
    So this is not a price contradiction, it is a contract integrity issue! All transactions are based on contracts and integrity

• @Jones said:
    even virmach is better than maxkvm. +1

I usually don't easily talk about the integrity of merchants' transactions, even when Virmach makes a mess, I don't express my opinion, but maxkvm is something else that is more disgusting

This is a scammer who changes the renewal price at will! Stay away from merchants who have no contractual spirit,

It just reminds me of the content of two tickets

I'm using their server, they're just slow to respond to tickets, but the server performance is still good

• Not sure what happened to these guys.

My account was terminated without any previous advice (I'm a customer existing for 1 year)
    Ticket #425805
    @MaxKVM

• Geez, stop defending maxkvm

Timeline in my view:

July 2020: order one VPS-LA with 50% recurring discount code 'lowendspirit' at $15/year (original price $30/year)
    July 2021: renew VPS-LA for one year at $15 (original price $30/year)
    July 2022: renew VPS-LA for one year at $15 (original price $30/year)

October 2022: price adjustment, for VPS-LA: $15/y ---> $20/y (original price $30/y ---> $40/y)

October 2022: I found the price of VPS-LA increased from $20/y to $40/y and they removed the 50% promo coupon code. And I submitted a ticket to request to change the renewable price back to $20/year.

( After adjusting the price, Maxkvm raised the renewal price again by removing the discount code. This is shameless behavior. )

(No one answer this ticket for 5 months)

February 2023: they close my account, cancel VPS-LA after the end of billing and empty my account balance.

February 2023: Posted this thread and PayPal dispute. Although the renewal bill in July 2022 has passed the dispute period, I still have another bill (account balance) within 180 days.

If it were me, I would never adjust the renewal price for existing users by removing the promo code. If I did, I would feel sorry and apologize for making a stupid mistake. ==

===============================================================

The above is a draft edited at some point.

This year's Black Friday sales are coming right on time, so please note: buy any but not maxkvm.

Hope all is well with maxkvm customers.

Thanked by 1thane