Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

webhosting24.com is superb, but it does not allow customer complaints
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

webhosting24.com is superb, but it does not allow customer complaints

wxcszhwxcszh Member
edited August 2021 in General

Two points in webhosting24's TOS:
1. Any Customer will be entitled to withdraw freely, within fourteen business days.
2. We offer no refunds once a server has been provisioned (regardless of whether there are problems with activated vps)

Of course, I added the content in brackets.

After vps was activated and tested, I found a big problem with the ipv6 configuration, which is that I can't ping it on its main ipv6 address, and I can't ping other ipv6 from the inside of it. The prompt error is hop limit and unreachable address. I tried many methods to solve the problem, including but not limited to: reinstalling the same system, reinstalling other different systems, querying their knowledge base, querying the Debian system manual, asking Google, etc. No matter how it is configured, ipv6 cannot be used normally. In addition, their control panel is very slow and unclear, and there are some strange tasks not issued by me in their panel and so on other small problems. Eventually, I sent a ticket to ask for a refund, and apparently, they rejected me according to the TOS above.

Complaints: Because the problem was ignored, and directly refused, and let me read the TOS. I replied to complain and reiterated the problem encountered. According to the TOS, only after the full provision of the service, they can refuse a refund. So does the machine's ipv6 not work to meet full provision?

Finally, the staff even reply directly to me 'the only problem seems to be with your attitude' and then close the ticket. Full ticket record

Of course, ipv6 can be used normally now after finally reply.

As a reminder, webhosting24 does not provide any refunds, even if there are problems with vps.
And pay attention to your attitude when opening a ticket in webhosting24.com.

Just a complaint.

Comments

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited August 2021

Forgot tagging @tomazu ?

(I actually forgot his username)

• so no tiket make for ipv6 problem?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tomazu has routed IPv6, which differs from the crummy on-link IPv6 from other providers.

One caveat is that you need to set static NDP entry for the gateway, like this:

ip neigh replace 2a0c:8fc0:0:100::1 lladdr 00:19:a9:5e:2c:00 nud noarp dev uplink

Otherwise, your host will sometimes transmit Neighbor Solicitation from a link-local address, which is then blocked by ebtables, and then you'll lose IPv6 connectivity momentarily.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

If what the provider said is true in the ticket (the IPv6 being ping-able), I am with the provider side.

Can you let us know which location/plan have you purchased?

• @notarobo said:
    so no tiket make for ipv6 problem?

NO, two problems including ipv6 configuration as reasons for a refund ticket.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited August 2021

@wxcszh said:

@notarobo said:

I've never seen virtualizor's (assuming that's what they're using) log being wrong though.

However, to create more drama, you could have taken a page from @alexvolk and named this thread "Webhosting24 aka Tomazu LLC silently logging into the customer server".

• @yoursunny said:
    @tomazu has routed IPv6, which differs from the crummy on-link IPv6 from other providers.

One caveat is that you need to set static NDP entry for the gateway, like this:

ip neigh replace 2a0c:8fc0:0:100::1 lladdr 00:19:a9:5e:2c:00 nud noarp dev uplink

Otherwise, your host will sometimes transmit Neighbor Solicitation from a link-local address, which is then blocked by ebtables, and then you'll lose IPv6 connectivity momentarily.

Using auto-configuration after reinstalling system or manual configuration with reference to the document are both not working. I don't know the special NDP entry.

@FAT32 said:
    If what the provider said is true in the ticket (the IPv6 being ping-able), I am with the provider side.

Can you let us know which location/plan have you purchased?

After the last reply by wh24, the ipv6 can work normally now. And I have tested it.

edited August 2021

@wxcszh said:
    After the last reply by wh24, the ipv6 can work normally now. And I have tested it.

So... problem solved? You got a working VPS and should be happy?

Thanked by 2yoursunny adly
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Something must have gone very wrong in your case...

I have services in most (all?) of their Lowend-Locations and used to have an issue with IPv6 routing between two of them. I contacted them via ticket and got a prompt and extensive reply: They were already aware of the issue, gave me some technical information on the issue (which I prefer over "yeah, you know, upstream issue, nothing we can do about it. Please try again in a few days"). The issue was resolved shortly after.

At the moment, I have an issue with packet loss in their Japan location. Opened a ticket, got a prompt reply that they're already aware of the issue and need to replace a piece of hardware. The issue is not resolved yet, but so far I got two updates on the progress without asking for them.

From my experience, they're handling things very professional and know what they're doing. Again, not sure what went wrong in your case...

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 said:

@wxcszh said:

@wxcszh is a MJJ from Hostloc, how do you expect him to be happy?

Also, I don't think the IPv6 issue is really fixed, it's working intermittently for the OP now and they should look to working with support to find out what's the proper configuration.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @FAT32 said: So... problem solved? You got a working VPS and should be happy?

No, because panel is too complicated and there are is a lot of strange tasks sent by root.

On serious note - how do you expect provider to react to that? Pretty sure if you would ask about those task or ask about "What does button X" do they would help. This looks like "I need a reason to complain" or "-Hey, I don't understand this? -Sure, what you need help with? -Everything".

btw. Never buy AWS/Google or any other big 'enterprise' cloud service.

• @wxcszh said:

@notarobo said:

why ask for refund instead of solving problem first?

• @FAT32 said:

@wxcszh said:

Yes, if the last reply just shows that ipv6 can be used normally.

If you can contact tomazu, please ask him to check whether the initial configuration of ipv6 in Munich, Germany is normal.

@brueggus said:
    From my experience, they're handling things very professional and know what they're doing. Again, not sure what went wrong in your case...

They are definitely professional. I also just noticed that Webhosting24 has been in business since 2001, probably beats 99% of the hosts here. Really happy to know that WebHosting24 is a long-established provider :)

• @FAT32 said:

@brueggus said:

They are definitely professional. I also just noticed that Webhosting24 has been in business since 2001, probably beats 99% of the hosts here. Really happy to know that WebHosting24 is a long-established provider :)

I am not happy because no 10x10x10 special in Singapore

Thanked by 2yoursunny tomazu
  • wxcszhwxcszh Member
    edited August 2021

@brueggus said:
    Something must have gone very wrong in your case...

I have services in most (all?) of their Lowend-Locations and used to have an issue with IPv6 routing between two of them. I contacted them via ticket and got a prompt and extensive reply: They were already aware of the issue, gave me some technical information on the issue (which I prefer over "yeah, you know, upstream issue, nothing we can do about it. Please try again in a few days"). The issue was resolved shortly after.

At the moment, I have an issue with packet loss in their Japan location. Opened a ticket, got a prompt reply that they're already aware of the issue and need to replace a piece of hardware. The issue is not resolved yet, but so far I got two updates on the progress without asking for them.

I agree that webhosting24.com is superb.

@stevewatson301 said:

@FAT32 said:

@wxcszh said:

Also, I don't think the IPv6 issue is really fixed, it's working intermittently for the OP now and they should look to working with support to find out what's the proper configuration.

You and @notarobo and @alexvolk are both in a mysterious organization with the same avatar?

@JabJab said:

@FAT32 said: So... problem solved? You got a working VPS and should be happy?

No, because panel is too complicated and there are is a lot of strange tasks sent by root.

On serious note - how do you expect provider to react to that? Pretty sure if you would ask about those task or ask about "What does button X" do they would help. This looks like "I need a reason to complain" or "-Hey, I don't understand this? -Sure, what you need help with? -Everything".

btw. Never buy AWS/Google or any other big 'enterprise' cloud service.

Just check and explain. Instead of ignoring the problem, only see the request for a refund.

@codelock said:
    I am not happy because no 10x10x10 special in Singapore

If you are in need for a VPS, maybe you can pay a bit more for their 512MB plan?

1 AMD Ryzen 9 3900X vCPU @ 3.80+ GHz
    Fair Share CPU Usage
    512 MB DDR4 ECC Memory
    7 GB NVMe Local Storage
    250 GB Premium Bandwidth @ 1Gbit/s
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 /48 IPv6 Subnet
    €15/yr

IP and bandwidth is kinda expensive these days...

• @wxcszh no need to be scare.

normal time if do no wrong, at night knock the door no scare.

• @stevewatson301 said:

@FAT32 said:

@wxcszh said:

Those pesky mjjs

@wxcszh said:

Using auto-configuration after reinstalling system or manual configuration with reference to the document are both not working. I don't know the special NDP entry.

Ignore the Virtualizor / SolusVM configuration, because they usually mess things up.
    Grab the config data, and write Netplan config yourself.

@stevewatson301 said:

Not having the static NDP entry is what causes intermittent connectivity.
    Specifically, incoming packets are fine, but outgoing packets are dropped for 10 seconds or so every minute.
    You either add the static NDP entry, or disable link-local address on the network interface.

@wxcszh said:
    If you can contact tomazu, please ask him to check whether the initial configuration of ipv6 in Munich, Germany is normal.

I'm afraid it's not normal.
    It should have disabled link-local by default to avoid the fuss.

• @dahartigan said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@FAT32 said:

@wxcszh said:

Those pesky mjjs

Not all mjjs are bad guys, only a few of them are annoying just like you and notarobo.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@wxcszh said: You and @notarobo and @alexvolk are both in a mysterious organization with the same avatar?

Oh man. Now it's time for the conspiracy theories...
    The end is nigh.

• @yoursunny

Manual configuration still does not work. It is not an intermittent connection, but an inability to connect. Ping other ipv6 address from the inside of vps prompts 'unreachable address', and ping this vps ipv6 prompts 'hop limit'. I suspect it is a problem with the vps network configuration.

@wxcszh said:
    @yoursunny

Manual configuration still does not work. It is not an intermittent connection, but an inability to connect.

tcpdump is your friend.

Ping other ipv6 address from the inside of vps prompts 'unreachable address', and ping this vps ipv6 prompts 'hop limit'. I suspect it is a problem with the vps network configuration.

"Hop limit exceeded" indicates a routing loop.
    I've never seen this in a real network.

• @yoursunny said:

@wxcszh said:
    @yoursunny

Manual configuration still does not work. It is not an intermittent connection, but an inability to connect.

tcpdump is your friend.

Ping other ipv6 address from the inside of vps prompts 'unreachable address', and ping this vps ipv6 prompts 'hop limit'. I suspect it is a problem with the vps network configuration.

"Hop limit exceeded" indicates a routing loop.
    I've never seen this in a real network.

Now only @tomazu can explain all of this phenomenon.

• up

@wxcszh said:
    up

What's the point for up? Wait for the provider to answer. Thread is set to sink.

• on my Munich 10x10x10 ipv6 works out of the box 🤷‍♂️

as others explained, do some diagnose, maybe whatever else you installed or intended to use (VPN?) breaks your IPv6 config

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Tokyo had issues with IPv6 including packet loss which has been fixed with new hardware, no issues here.

Thanked by 1tomazu
  • tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

I did not get any notification e-mail from the forum and most of our staff is on vacation last and this week, so I came across this thread only now.

Regarding your VPS @wxcszh, as far as I can see IPv6 is and was working; but even if it was not, I see no prior ticket of your's asking about it or asking for support, maybe it was overlooked and you can provide me with a ticket no.?

Sometimes - but this is just speculation - Virtualizor needs some special settings, but that is mostly to get routed IPv6 subnets working (which I do not think was your case, right?). Also if you use Debian 10 with manual network configuration Virtualizor needs some manual tuning. I normally jump if there are any problems.

Regarding the remark for the attitude I have to provide a little more perspective and color:
    We asked - before this ticket was raised - you to provide correct data and data that was matching your PayPal account, your IP address etc.. We asked you to NOT use fake or incomplete names or address data. Why would you try to sign up with incomplete, fake or made up contact data in the first place? We are required by law and also for tax/VAT-reporting to have correct address data.

And how many accounts have you set up with us or tried to set up with us?

@Neeon, @brueggus:
    Regarding Tokyo: this is correct, IPv6 routing issues there have been fixed and internal network is being worked on in JP. We had some delays there, but tried to keep everyone in the loop.

And yes, @FAT32 is correct - November of this year will be our 20th anniversary - we started the company while being at the TU Munich nearly 20 years ago, today people would say we bootstrapped it ;-)

Thanked by 1FAT32