Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many VPS or dedicated servers do you guys currently have? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many VPS or dedicated servers do you guys currently have?

Comments

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@Sapcedor said:

@fluffernutter said:
    I think in total probably around 90 VPS, and ~8 dedis plus a few racks of colo. All personal stuff, mostly used for scraping and preserving the internet.

That is really impressive! Actually I see huge numbers here from many people.

I am just wondering why @paijrut and @eris have reseller hosting. May I ask why not to do it yourself on a VPS? is cPanel maybe the main reason?

cPanel is probably the main reason. The licensing costs for the major control panels like DirectAdmin, cPanel, Plesk, etc are a lot more expensive than a cheap shared hosting plan (10x+ more). Also, these providers tend to include things like Softaculous, Litespeed, Cloudlinux, and a lot of other benefits.

• eriseris Member
    edited January 2023

@Sapcedor said:

@fluffernutter said:
    I think in total probably around 90 VPS, and ~8 dedis plus a few racks of colo. All personal stuff, mostly used for scraping and preserving the internet.

That is really impressive! Actually I see huge numbers here from many people.

I am just wondering why @paijrut and @eris have reseller hosting. May I ask why not to do it yourself on a VPS? is cPanel maybe the main reason?

I refuse to pay for Cpanel license and needed to create a few backups for some tests to implement new feature on a project I work on. Also needed to test if I could create / delete Cpanel accounts over api. And this is cheaper and less hassle to setup a VM create a temp license and destroy it...

I don't use/need it only for some tests... It was also my most recent "purchase" It is better then depend others and begging for tests and so on..

Thanked by 1Sapcedor
  • cPanel is probably the main reason.

The only reason to lazy to get a temp license for a few tests and it was only 20 dollar / year. For some tests more then enough

• 2 x virmach
    1 x ks-le 1
    1 vpsx georgedatacenter
    1 x hetzner

• 2 vps on racknerd
    2 vps on hostcram
    2 vps on greencloud

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • A lot of VPSs! So I'm considering starting a new business :smiley: Aside from that, I am also playing for Google One, so we might count this also.

Thank you, folks, for sharing. I am not the only one accumulating VPS servers.

• For personal use I have around 40 vps's, a few shared hosting and 2 reseller accounts. It's from Racknerd, Hosthatch, Servarica, Nexusbytes, Terrahost, Scaleway, Inception just to mention a few. Also around 15 domains to play with.
    These are the ones I'm paying for, I also have access to a lot of customers dc's and could probably spin up hundreds of vps's if needed, but I've never been able to make myself use customers resources for personal use.

Thanked by 2maverick greentea
  • I am proud to say that I only have a single VPS now with Contabo just to run Mastodon and my blog. I used to have around 10 between virtual servers and dedis a few months ago, and I was self hosting a ton of stuff. Nothing was idle really. I am now recovering :D

@noisycode said:
    Oh boy, I've got 31 VMs, ALL BEING IDLE. I have to get rid of some.

What the hell 😂

@fluffernutter said:

That's insane :joy: How much do you spend for all of this? And it's just personal stuff??

Thanked by 2Sapcedor greentea
  • 1 vps spartanhost
    1 vps nexril
    1 vpx xtom/v.ps
    1 vps tnahosting
    1 vps central.so
    1 vps v6node
    2 vps racknerd
    3 vps ligahosting

Thanked by 2v3ng greentea
  • Any projects to mention that you guys are hosting on your VPS? It is very difficult to launch a project and promote it, but I decided to separate all my stuff just in case; this is why I have some VPSs.

Also, I have my own VDI, which is powered by a Contao server. I am always connected to it from anywhere when I need to browse my website, use my passwords, etc.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I have 19 VPS including many highly sought after dealz:

1x Advin: chess special
    3x VirMach: 2020-BF $8.88, NVMe2G for life, 2022 Christmas $9.43 Tokyo
    1x ServerFactory: EPYC 4GB VDS
    2x GreenCloudVPS: BudgetKVMSG-2, 9999-IL
    1x SpartanHost: BF $16
    1x LevelOne: $17.76 storage
    1x Nexril: 24 push-ups special
    1x Webhosting24: 10x10x10 Munich
    1x MicroLXC: New Zealand
    1x Evolution Host: Developer SSD
    1x Cloudie: ONIX IXP access
    1x Gullo: $2 256MB
    1x Limitless: $3 IPv6-only
    2x iHostART: LowEndSeedbox
    1x Liga: Dallas 1-year freebie

I have 1 dedicated server: DELL 7040 Micro in my closet.

• 1 VPS @ Vultr, about $24 a month. For clients websites.

1 VPS @ BuyVM, about $8.50 a month. Includes Object Storage, Media Server.

Thanked by 1Sapcedor
  • 5x contabo
    3x racknerd, planned to add more :D
    2x ec2 aws

• 4x Oracle VPS
    3x GreenCloud VPS
    1x RackNerd VPS
    1x VirMach VPS
    4x Hetzner dedi

These are set to expire:
    1x Terrahost VPS
    1x AlphaVPS VPS
    2x Boomer.host VPS (I thought that they were expired long time ago, but they still work lol)

• @vitobotta said:

@fluffernutter said:

That's insane :joy: How much do you spend for all of this? And it's just personal stuff??

Probably close to 2k/month, I make very good money and this is basically my only hobby so I'm OK with spending a decent amount on it. I'm scaling down my VPS though, ended up sticking with only 2 providers.

• This should probably be a LET profile setting.

• @fluffernutter said:

@vitobotta said:

@fluffernutter said:

Probably close to 2k/month, I make very good money and this is basically my only hobby so I'm OK with spending a decent amount on it. I'm scaling down my VPS though, ended up sticking with only 2 providers.

You need a woman.

Thanked by 2maverick greentea
  • 3x Azure B1s instance - NRT, HKG, PHX
    5x+1x WebHorizon NAT (for proxy)
    1x LiteServer 500GB - For torrenting and storage
    1x ServaRICA Opossum 1TB - For storage and backup
    1x Hetzner Cloud CX11 - idling, just for lol, I have some credit to spend
    1x OVH 0.97$ Oregon - Main Production for my WordPress
    2x Oracle Cloud x86_64 + 1x Oracle Cloud aarch64 - For fun and personal projects
    1x DigitalOcean - SIN (I have some credit to spend, idling)
    1x DediPath Cyber Monday - NYC (unlimited bandwidth, used to migrate my data)
    1x RackNerd - SJC (I'm a fucking idiot buying this, now for proxy usage)
    1x Kuroit Customized plan - LAX (5$ annually, for my vaultwarden)
    1x Dedicated server hosted in China, optimized network for both In/Out, for Minecraft Server (I paid nothing for this, my friend hosted it at his home)
    1x Gullo NAT - PAR (proxy use, this thing is really unstable, it goes down every couple days.)
    1x KhanWebHost NAT - IST (proxy use, but their HAproxy is dead, so idling)

• @fluffernutter said:

You make good money from hobby? Wow :o
    Appreciate if you can share (if it's not a secret lol) your tips in my thread here:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182823/how-do-you-use-vps-to-generate-income/

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Honestly I can't answer this because there are several I forget about until the renewal invoice arrives

Thanked by 1greentea
  • ivlad ivlad Member
    edited January 2023

1 VPS AdvinServers
    2 VPS Buyvm
    12 VPS Hetzner
    1 VPS OVH
    2 VPS Racknerd
    3 VPS Vultr
    1 VPS Linode
    2 VPS Hosthatch
    1 VPS RamNode
    1 VPS Oracle Cloud
    1 Dedicated Server Hostcircle
    2 Dedicated Servers Shock Hosting
    3 Dedicated Servers Dacentec
    2 Dedicated Servers LevelOneServers
    2 Dedicated Servers SSDBlaze
    and A partridge in a pear tree.

Thanked by 3Sapcedor greentea alt_
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@noisycode said:

Time to deploy some mesh vpn and optimize your latency using the cutting edge route bender.
    Same here though, they burn 500GB ish traffic each.

Dedis
    1x personal usage
    4x for nanokvm
    1x for microlxc
    1x for another project

VMs
    No idea I don't have a count on these

• Cheaper to colo baby. Think about it (insert meme here). Do the math.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @TimboJones said:

@fluffernutter said:

@vitobotta said:

@fluffernutter said:

You need a woman.

I'm probably one of the few ones on LET

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @Neoon said: Time to deploy some mesh vpn and optimize your latency using the cutting edge route bender.

Exactly what I'm doing right now! I'm starting with some distributed infras, kv, db and fs.

• @kidrock said:

@fluffernutter said:

You make good money from hobby? Wow :o
    Appreciate if you can share (if it's not a secret lol) your tips in my thread here:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182823/how-do-you-use-vps-to-generate-income/

I make good money in general so I don't mind losing money on hobbies, like I said earlier I'd feel bad if I made money off of any of my hobby projects

• Come on man this is like asking a person to show you their crack stash.

• ivlad ivlad Member
    edited January 2023

@AuroraZero said:
    Come on man this is like asking a person to show you their crack stash.

Ok, this is the best response ever and so true. Lol. Love it!

Thanked by 2kait greentea
  • @noisycode said:

Sell some good super cheap vps to me 😐

Thanked by 1greentea
  • about 25. linode, contabo, hetzner, liteserver, virmach

Thanked by 2Sapcedor greentea