Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freenom is falling apart
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Freenom is falling apart

LeviLevi Member
Thanked by 2mikei Ganonk

Comments

• “Shit” hits fan

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Buy your domains at Balenciaga.
    Don't fall for scammers like Freenom.

Thanked by 2Levi keytrex
  • Scamnom.

• dev077dev077 Member
    edited December 2022

My domain .ml is still working.

• They can fuck off the net.

Thanked by 1Void
  • @yoursunny said:
    Buy your domains at Balenciaga.
    Don't fall for scammers like Freenom.

Balenciaga ia the right answerto most of the problems on the net. It was #2 if famous 42 failed to satisfy humanity.

Eitherway, freenom has some very interesting country tld's.

• freenom is the only one that offers free domains

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I recently wanted to see pricing for regular TLDs over at Freenom because I used to have a .com domain there years ago and it showed that basically all domains aside from the free domains they offer were currently "unavailable" lol. That was already suspicious.

• @LTniger said:
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=34194555 seems degeneration begins.

Confirmed. my.freenom is not accessible. 4 not-so-important net domains will be lost, 2 of which I would want to keep :) In the recent months I transferred out like 10 other domains, the transfer process was somehow problematic.

• let_rockslet_rocks Member
    edited December 2022

Client area never loads for me on Win10 Firefox. Works on iOS Safari though. Saw this previously in the past where sites wouldn’t load on Firefox, using no adblockers or anything.

• Client area now show error 500

HTTP ERROR 500

• @let_rocks said:
    Client area never loads for me on Win10 Firefox. Works on iOS Safari though. Saw this previously in the past where sites wouldn’t load on Firefox, using no adblockers or anything.

For me, in last 3-4 months it worked on Opera with VPN set to Europe. It worked yesterday.

• @mikei said:

@LTniger said:
    https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=34194555 seems degeneration begins.

Confirmed. my.freenom is not accessible. 4 not-so-important net domains will be lost, 2 of which I would want to keep :) In the recent months I transferred out like 10 other domains, the transfer process was somehow problematic.

In this ICANN will intervene (if it is gTLD), they will generate transfer code on the registry’s end, so no worry. ccTLD holders might be out of luck though.

Thanked by 2mikei yoursunny
  • I just renewed my free domain maybe an hour ago? But I can confirm the site now shows error 500

• The site loads for me now

• @timelapse said:
    The site loads for me now

Yes, is working fine now.

• I never managed to get a domain at freenom. They simply wouldn't let me.

• dosaidosai Member
    edited January 2023

@Otus9051 said:
    I never managed to get a domain at freenom. They simply wouldn't let me.

Use USA vpn.

• dosaidosai Member
    edited January 2023

Repost

• You never own their free domains. They just license them to you, and they can revoke that at any time. It's much better to buy your own short domain and just use subdomains of that.

• Funny how on the internet you can get all the stuff for free if you want to host your site - free SSL certificate, free DNS, free hosting, free email, but free domains is the single thing nobody has ever done right.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@inland said:
    Funny how on the internet you can get all the stuff for free if you want to host your site - free SSL certificate, free DNS, free hosting, free email, but free domains is the single thing nobody has ever done right.

because rest aren't that costly, or theres a lot of donations popping up.

The annual registrar fees itself is $4k.
    3.5k$ application fees and lot more.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

So many years ago i remember registering one .tk domain for test forum of mine, not a month later that domain was redirecting to their website without a notice or anything.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • kdhkdh Member
    edited January 2023

@Carlin0 said:
    freenom is the only one that offers free domains

Actually, nic.ua offers .pp.ua domains registered via your credentials without all that Scamnom's nonsense (Registering "free" domain on themselves & Constantly taking/blocking domains) so your statement is incorrect.

And yeah just buy an ordinary .com/.net/.org/.io or something like that. It's worth it.

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • @kdh said:

Actually, nic.ua offers .pp.ua domains registered via your credentials

I didn't know it ... Thanks ;)

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@kdh said:

@Carlin0 said:

Actually, nic.ua offers .pp.ua domains registered via your credentials without all that Scamnom's nonsense (Registering "free" domain on themselves & Constantly taking/blocking domains) so your statement is incorrect.

And yeah just buy an ordinary .com/.net/.org/.io or something like that. It's worth it.

Hold on people, you risk your info on WHOIS. You need to provide your phone number for verification, and it would be on WHOIS.

@Carlin0 said:

@kdh said:

Actually, nic.ua offers .pp.ua domains registered via your credentials

I didn't know it ... Thanks ;)

Heads up above 🔝

• TrKTrK Member

Why not get gTLDs like feedback, click, cyou etc they are cheaper generally around $3 for a year(registrations and renewals) instead of freenom, i had used them line in 2014-2015 and believe me no one is more cheeky then freenom!

• ovh domain is cheaper?

• kdhkdh Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@kdh said:

@Carlin0 said:

Hold on people, you risk your info on WHOIS. You need to provide your phone number for verification, and it would be on WHOIS.

Yeah but I don't care if someone looks up my Personal Information.
    And besides, it's just worth buying an ordinary domain than randomly going around searching for an ugly, untrusty domain on production.

For devs, why don't use a local domain or a subdomain?
    And even if you really need one, you can just use 1.111B .xyz domains.

This discussion has been closed.