Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Freenom is falling apart - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Freenom is falling apart

13»

Comments

• @AuroraZero said:

@TrK said:

@AuroraZero said:

@TrK said:

@david_alva2021 said:

@TrK said:

@david_alva2021 said:
    The problem still remains :( ...

Freenom itself is a problem and it will remain till freenom is active.

Yes you are right. But Freenom was very good for me. Internet censorship is severe in the country where I live. I usually use it to get free SSL/TLS and use it for VPN (v2ray ,etc). In my country, any domain that is used to create a VPN is quickly blocked, so buying a domain is not very suitable. sorry for my poor english , I used Google translator :) .

I get it, but why are you using domains for VPN and for censorship your country can even block the vpn protocols(some institutes do that since way earlier) the only option left is use a masking service loke shadow socks and you don't need to domain to run a VPN, IP works just fine.

They would ban the IP then he would be screwed. Can change the domain name easier then a new IP. Cheaper as well especially if free.

Masking the VPN traffic would be better choice.

I agree but to each their own. You know the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Actually you can make him drink by beating the hell out of him. In the process he will get thirst and eventually drink the watter. Cruelty always brings results. :-/

Thanked by 2AuroraZero TrK
  • @LTniger said:

@AuroraZero said:

@TrK said:

@AuroraZero said:

@TrK said:

@david_alva2021 said:

@TrK said:

@david_alva2021 said:

Yes you are right. But Freenom was very good for me. Internet censorship is severe in the country where I live. I usually use it to get free SSL/TLS and use it for VPN (v2ray ,etc). In my country, any domain that is used to create a VPN is quickly blocked, so buying a domain is not very suitable. sorry for my poor english , I used Google translator :) .

I get it, but why are you using domains for VPN and for censorship your country can even block the vpn protocols(some institutes do that since way earlier) the only option left is use a masking service loke shadow socks and you don't need to domain to run a VPN, IP works just fine.

They would ban the IP then he would be screwed. Can change the domain name easier then a new IP. Cheaper as well especially if free.

I agree but to each their own. You know the saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Actually you can make him drink by beating the hell out of him. In the process he will get thirst and eventually drink the watter. Cruelty always brings results. :-/

Yeah well I have found that with people it makes little difference. You can repeatedly beat them over the head with proof and they still won't drink. So I gave up years ago giving advice on things.

• TrKTrK Member

@AuroraZero said:

@LTniger said:

@AuroraZero said:

@TrK said:

@AuroraZero said:

@TrK said:

@david_alva2021 said:

@TrK said:

@david_alva2021 said:

Yeah well I have found that with people it makes little difference. You can repeatedly beat them over the head with proof and they still won't drink. So I gave up years ago giving advice on things.

Good thing you decided to do mate!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

How do you exactly use a domain for VPN in order to hide the IP you connect to? Any censor would see the IP at the other end.

• @Maounique said:
    How do you exactly use a domain for VPN in order to hide the IP you connect to? Any censor would see the IP at the other end.

As I learned in high school, some web censors just block the domain. So if you do stuff like I did (generating a free domain from freenom and running a PHP proxy tunnel website on a free web host), you could bypass the censor. If they eventually discovered and blocked the domain, you could just quickly generate a new one and get around the censor again.

Was very effective when I was in school, before everyone got unlimited data on their phones and could create mobile hotspots on demand. Made some quick and easy money selling pre-configured Glype PHP proxies to other students at school.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Pwner said: some web censors just block the domain

LOL! Right, I haven't thought of that usage scenario, high school level, just big censors blocking whole ranges.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2023

Fwiw my https://trialwpdomain.tk/ is still working for now. I won't be renewing it though. This was for testing purposes.

• @Maounique said:

I don't think the idea is to hide the ip, but when the censor blocks the ip you simply point the domain to another ip. Or in case the censor blocks the domain, then you simply throw it away and get a new one.
    It's not an attempt to hide anything, it's more of a "it's free so I just get a new one".

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • i was never able to get a domain from them so it doesn't affect me yet. i just want them to be replaced by something more competent tbh

• @TrK said:

@komdsfojn said:

@TrK said:
    Why not get gTLDs like feedback, click, cyou etc they are cheaper generally around $3 for a year(registrations and renewals) instead of freenom, i had used them line in 2014-2015 and believe me no one is more cheeky then freenom!

Where can I get gTLDs like feedback, click, cyou etc for $3 for a year(registrations and renewals)?

Feedback $1.49 from internet.bs, Stream around $3 from porkbun, cyou on sav 0.69 for reg and around $3 for renewal, for click go with route 53 for renewals at $3 and namecheap for reg at $1.48. What else you need? these are pretty cheap enough!

Thank you, these are really good rates. Can .feedback be used for any purpose?

Are there other domains available for cheap?

Where would be the best place to buy .io, .com, .design and .xyz?

• TrKTrK Member

@komdsfojn said:

@TrK said:

@komdsfojn said:

@TrK said:
    Why not get gTLDs like feedback, click, cyou etc they are cheaper generally around $3 for a year(registrations and renewals) instead of freenom, i had used them line in 2014-2015 and believe me no one is more cheeky then freenom!

Where can I get gTLDs like feedback, click, cyou etc for $3 for a year(registrations and renewals)?

Feedback $1.49 from internet.bs, Stream around $3 from porkbun, cyou on sav 0.69 for reg and around $3 for renewal, for click go with route 53 for renewals at $3 and namecheap for reg at $1.48. What else you need? these are pretty cheap enough!

Thank you, these are really good rates. Can .feedback be used for any purpose?

Are there other domains available for cheap?

Where would be the best place to buy .io, .com, .design and .xyz?

Sure you can use feedback for any purpose you want, i mean it does work as a domain like it is intended for any other domain, as for other domains you check the curated lists like tldes, tld-list and domcomp for cheap domains. For io the tld itself is not cheap and you will hardly find any doing it under $30 while .com .design and .xyz can be bought for cheap on good old porkbun and/or sav. Try your luck and don't forget to share your experiences 😉

Thanked by 1komdsfojn
  • @kdh said:
    Yeah but I don't care if someone looks up my Personal Information.

you don't... yet

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@keytrex said:

@kdh said:
    Yeah but I don't care if someone looks up my Personal Information.

you don't... yet

Holy necro

Thread closed

Thanked by 2keytrex kdh
This discussion has been closed.