Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart

Comments

• @sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: My personal recommendations of StackSocial lifetime VPNs is VPN Unlimited (solid allrounder), Ivacy (unblocks lots of streaming services; 5 year access then contact support to renew free of charge), FastestVPN (solid and cheap alternative; lots of M247). In that order.

Do you (or anyone here) have any experience with BulletVPN?

I don't have personal experience with any VPN provider, however after some digging I noticed that some people prefer this VPN provider (with lifetime StackSocial offer) above others lifetime deals.

Seems like Ivacy sister's company PureVPN (or that's StackSocial fault? - I am not sure how those deals work) didn't honour StackSocial lifetime deals with free renewal option after 5 years.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PureVPNcom/comments/ptz6m7/lifetime_subscription_through/

I believe @sanvit has experience with BulletVPN.

Apologies, Never heard of them :(

Must've been someone else then :/

@user123 said:
    @Ympker any good BF deals on these?

Not anything in particular, that I have seen.

Thanked by 1user123
  • I bought the Ivacy lifetime bundle last week, and thought I'd provide my feedback in case it's useful for Ympker's list.

Purchase via stacksocial was smooth, and redeeming the lifetime pass was easy. Unfortunately, the VPN itself seems incredibly unstable. On the desktop app (macOS) I cannot connect to about 90% of the servers, it just hangs on 'connecting'. None of the 'streaming' or 'secure' downloads options work. I contacted support and they said to just try reinstalling, which of course didn't solve the problem.

On mobile (Android) I can't even login - it gives me an endless login loop.

Their website claims they have VPN servers in mainland China (https://www.ivacy.com/vpn-servers/china-vpn/) but none were in the list. After contacting their support they gave me a server address and told me to connect using L2TP - the server was in HK and not China, unfortunately.

In hindsight, I thinkit would have been better for me to just pick up several VPSes on the cheap (like Hosthatch does with bundling 10 servers in different countries for about $10/year). Their support is responsive, but not that helpful. Maybe the login and connection issues and because they have onboarded a lot of new users since Black Friday, so things will get better? I will keep checking - Stacksocial does not allow refunds so I'll have this VPN for lifetime! 😝

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@weasel said: On mobile (Android) I can't even login - it gives me an endless login loop.

That's strange. I've had a solid experience with them even on Android.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2022

@weasel said:
    I bought the Ivacy lifetime bundle last week, and thought I'd provide my feedback in case it's useful for Ympker's list.

Purchase via stacksocial was smooth, and redeeming the lifetime pass was easy. Unfortunately, the VPN itself seems incredibly unstable. On the desktop app (macOS) I cannot connect to about 90% of the servers, it just hangs on 'connecting'. None of the 'streaming' or 'secure' downloads options work. I contacted support and they said to just try reinstalling, which of course didn't solve the problem.

Their website claims they have VPN servers in mainland China (https://www.ivacy.com/vpn-servers/china-vpn/) but none were in the list. After contacting their support they gave me a server address and told me to connect using L2TP - the server was in HK and not China, unfortunately.

In hindsight, I thinkit would have been better for me to just pick up several VPSes on the cheap (like Hosthatch does with bundling 10 servers in different countries for about $10/year). Their support is responsive, but not that helpful. Maybe the login and connection issues and because they have onboarded a lot of new users since Black Friday, so things will get better? I will keep checking - Stacksocial does not allow refunds so I'll have this VPN for lifetime! 😝

Sounds kinda odd. Ivacy worked just fine for me today (basically instant connection; Wireguard, Android). Don't regret it, they have a lifetime to improve the service for you now :)

Check my Ivacy app and connection speed (almost instantly connects):
    https://i.gyazo.com/7bb4d560827cd16a91128e2b1f38591a.mp4

Some of the lifetime products I bought (only) later became more valuable.
    Still, Ivacy is working fine for me (it was very buggy in the past and I would always complain about their buggy apps, but for me at least, that was in the past).

• mekrmekr Member
    edited December 2022

@Ympker Any of those provide a proxy (socks etc.) as well along with VPN with the LTD?

• @Ympker Is Opera browser with free VPN a good alternative?

• @mekr said:
    @Ympker Any of those provide a proxy (socks etc.) as well along with VPN with the LTD?

Not that I know of the top of my head.
    I thought Keepsolid offered some (free?) Proxies.

Usually, the browser extension would act as proxy and vpn as another ip change. So I usually just use both (e.g. windscribe + ws extension, keepsolid + keepsold extension etc).

@mekr said:
    @Ympker Is Opera browser with free VPN a good alternative?

Never tried it. Free usually has some catch. Why is it free? Best ti DYOR

Thanked by 1mekr
  • @weasel said:
    I bought the Ivacy lifetime bundle last week, and thought I'd provide my feedback in case it's useful for Ympker's list.

Also picked up Ivacy. Everything is working fine no issues logging in etc. However, i'm also having the issue where none of the streaming USA servers are working!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • On a side note @Ympker are you aware of any lifetime or even lengthy subscription 5 year+ to SmartDNS's or VPNs with included SmartDNS? I already have GetFlix/Controld and VPN Unlimited.

• @CityBlues said:
    On a side note @Ympker are you aware of any lifetime or even lengthy subscription 5 year+ to SmartDNS's or VPNs with included SmartDNS? I already have GetFlix/Controld and VPN Unlimited.

Iirc BulletVPN on Stacksocial includes SmartDNS, though I have heard mixed things about that one. VPNSecure also had SmartDNS, although not sure if anymore. I really liked SmartDNS initially, now Getflix removed Flix and I just ended up using VPNs to unblock it.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • CityBluesCityBlues Member
    edited December 2022

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:
    On a side note @Ympker are you aware of any lifetime or even lengthy subscription 5 year+ to SmartDNS's or VPNs with included SmartDNS? I already have GetFlix/Controld and VPN Unlimited.

Iirc BulletVPN on Stacksocial includes SmartDNS, though I have heard mixed things about that one. VPNSecure also had SmartDNS, although not sure if anymore. I really liked SmartDNS initially, now Getflix removed Flix and I just ended up using VPNs to unblock it.

Yeah I think Controld is the my versatile especially for Netflix etc. I picked up the stack social deal where after the first year it's $10 yearly after that for full Control Package. It unblocks the most of any SmartDNS i've seen by some distance. I'll check out the ones you mentioned thank you!

EDIT: I did check out Bullet but for the life of me couldn't see a channel list on what they unblock which is a bit concerning haha!

• Just a little update. On my Stacksocial I had $15 Credits and a i found a 15% code before they ran out. So i chanced BulletVPN for about $20. VPN is actually solid. It connects really fast. I mainly use VPNS just for geo restricted content. I can confirm it works on Sling, ESPN, Paramount Plus, Peacock and NBC. Well worth the cash imo. Especially if you can stack to get it cheaper.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • GooseVPN (dutch lifetime vpn) has been added to the list :) Pulled the trigger yesterday.

Updated existing entries in the list. Tl;dr:

• R4AW VPN has been out of business for a while. I never really used them though, so didn't notice. --> LTD Canary has been updated.
    • Updated fastest protocol of existing entries (mostly Wireguard is now the fastest protocol on the respective providers)
  • RA4W VPN has run away from it, the official website can not be opened for a long time!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @qquccs said:
    RA4W VPN has run away from it, the official website can not be opened for a long time!

Yeah, I bought them once and never ended up using them. That's why I didn't notice haha. Listed it only for the sake of completion in my list.

• @Ympker said:

@qquccs said:
    RA4W VPN has run away from it, the official website can not be opened for a long time!

Yeah, I bought them once and never ended up using them. That's why I didn't notice haha. Listed it only for the sake of completion in my list.

Also used CasVPN and LightyearVPN, both also ran away, but stacksocial refunded the money.
    TigerVPN and RA4W VPN also ran away, but I didn't get a refund from stacksocial!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • umzakumzak Member

has anyone tried SlickVPN & RealVPN? I see the price is very cheap on stacksocial, only $ 19.99 for a lifetime, but I'm hesitant to buy it, afraid of scams

• @umzak said:
    has anyone tried SlickVPN & RealVPN? I see the price is very cheap on stacksocial, only $ 19.99 for a lifetime, but I'm hesitant to buy it, afraid of scams

Slick seems kind of dead (android app also vanished). Realvpn had apparently some good speeds. I remember some people on LET picked it up (maybe it was even @Nekki ?), but back then (maybe still?) they only had Ikev2.

Thanked by 1umzak
  • Thanks for this spreadsheet!

This is actually the reason why I signed up for LET just the other day.
    I've been really getting into LTD's, and was looking for a proper place to discuss this with other people. Reddit didn't do much, but fortunately I found this place!

Like many others, I've been with Ivacy for a good while now.
    The experience has been good, and I feel like I'm getting my money's worth (for a Lifetime deal, this is a given).

I especially like that their Support Chat is so quick to respond. I needed some help with their OpenVPN config files, and a member of support was quick to help me reset my password to make it work.

I was eyeing out a BulletVPN LTD from SS, mainly because of them already having Wireguard, but I never got around to it.
    There seems to be a good reputation for VPN Unlimited, so I'm waiting for Black Friday to hopefully get a good deal on that.

Goose VPN is interesting, and I hope they grow into something good.
    As it looks like, I don't think they'll become the next big thing though, but we'll have to wait and see. For $19 it can't go too wrong.

The VPN I'm longing for the most, and really wish I was quicker to pull the trigger on, would have to be Windscribe.
    Even with multiple lifetime-subscriptions for paid VPN's, I'm still using a free account with Windscribe more often than not.
    I really wish there was some way to still get a lifetime account with them.

@umzak said:

I had one. It wasn't very good.

First of all, they're giving you a "Pro" account, and not a "Pro Plus" or whatever they call it.
    This means that you wont have access to all of their servers when you sign up, in fact only a couple locations (I think ~10 servers in total).
    You need to start a ticket with StackSocial, which will then involve SlickVPN in the discussion, and only then will your account be upgraded to the proper Premium type.
    If you make a ticket directly through SlickVPN, you'll just get a canned answer after a couple of days.

That being said, their servers are not up to par at all.
    They're using various dedicated servers, which does not seem optimized for VPN usage.
    Lots of their servers are permanently down. The ones that are up are throttled because of high usage.
    I have a feeling that their servers are getting hammered with questionable usage. Be prepared for Captcha-hell if you stick with these for daily usage...

All in all, it was a very bad experience with them, and I ended up actually getting a refund, even though it took me a couple of tries.
    For $19 you can get a lot more if you pick another provider and use a coupon code.

Thanked by 2Ympker kalimov622
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Possibly stupid question: What does 'LTD' mean?

• @jsg said:

Life-time deal

Thanked by 2jsg Ympker
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@MallocVoidstar said:

@jsg said:

Life-time deal

I always read it as a limited time deal ;-)

Thanked by 30xC7 Ympker jsg
  • cupcakecupcake Member
    edited October 2023

I guess among these "lifetime" vpn, only windscribe end up becoming the most worth it. At least for me.

I've got ivacy and vpn unlimited lifetime since 2018-19 but its idling nowadays, been subscribing to windscribe pro. I got lucky to be offered windscribe $10/year account. Guess not as jackpot as getting $69 windscribe lifetime from 2017 but at least I'm more confident they're not going to yank my account from me as all these lifetime accounts would be eventually.

• @jsg said:

"Likely To Dissolve" - The unfortunate fate of many startups :D

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Funny to see this getting bumped whilst I'm searching for one. When would the next sale most likely occur? Ivacy is currently $40, which isn't best, but doesn't seem too bad, so I might as well as just go ahead with it. I'm planning on doing some P2P stuff, if that matters.

• @Cabbage said:
    Funny to see this getting bumped whilst I'm searching for one. When would the next sale most likely occur? Ivacy is currently $40, which isn't best, but doesn't seem too bad, so I might as well as just go ahead with it. I'm planning on doing some P2P stuff, if that matters.

Blackfriday or cyber monday in 2 months. Thats assuming those provider still have the deals listed on stacksocial. Tbh $40 for ivacy aren't that bad. Torrent works with it albeit with limited dedicated server, 40 servers listed as torrent server rn on Android app. You probably can get 10% off coupon for new reg on stacksocial.

• looking any vpn offer, past few year i'm using VPN Unlimited.
    looking more for personal use

• @cupcake said:

@Cabbage said:
    Funny to see this getting bumped whilst I'm searching for one. When would the next sale most likely occur? Ivacy is currently $40, which isn't best, but doesn't seem too bad, so I might as well as just go ahead with it. I'm planning on doing some P2P stuff, if that matters.

Blackfriday or cyber monday in 2 months. Thats assuming those provider still have the deals listed on stacksocial. Tbh $40 for ivacy aren't that bad. Torrent works with it albeit with limited dedicated server, 40 servers listed as torrent server rn on Android app. You probably can get 10% off coupon for new reg on stacksocial.

I don't think I've seen Ivacy cheaper than 40$ for a looong while. It's been exempt from codes most of the times iirc.

• @cupcake said:
    I guess among these "lifetime" vpn, only windscribe end up becoming the most worth it. At least for me.

I've got ivacy and vpn unlimited lifetime since 2018-19 but its idling nowadays, been subscribing to windscribe pro. I got lucky to be offered windscribe $10/year account. Guess not as jackpot as getting $69 windscribe lifetime from 2017 but at least I'm more confident they're not going to yank my account from me as all these lifetime accounts would be eventually.

How did you get $10/year windscribe account? Is it recurring?

• Speaking of Windscribe: SECRETM8 - This voucher applied in your Windscribe account will instantly give you 1 month Pro for free.

Thanked by 3Foxx TimRoo 0xC7