Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart

Comments

• @sliix said:
    How did you get $10/year windscribe account? Is it recurring?

Special deal to old accounts that claimed the 50gb and 60gb voucher in 2018. They yanked the 50/60gb from everyone but got shittones of hate so they backtracked. They allow to keep it as long as Putin lives (their words) or voluntarily dump the 50/60gb by upgrading to full pro for $10 yearly recurring. I chosed the latter.

• TimRooTimRoo Member
    edited October 2023

@default said:
    Speaking of Windscribe: SECRETM8 - This voucher applied in your Windscribe account will instantly give you 1 month Pro for free.

Thanks! It extended my current 3 year plan by a month. Especially nice since I'll likely be heading back to Windscribe as Ivacy's extension gives me too much grief with American servers.

Hint for Others: If the voucher code button isn't on your account page, go to the Pricing page and in the middle of the page hit the "Have a promo code?" button while logged in.

Thanked by 2r4h156 DavidEredics
  • Any thoughts on RealVPN (also sold on StackSocial)?

If both Ivacy and Fastest are reselling Pure, why should it make a difference between the two of them?

• @josephf said:
    Any thoughts on RealVPN (also sold on StackSocial)?

If both Ivacy and Fastest are reselling Pure, why should it make a difference between the two of them?

Other people have investigated IPs and it seems like FastestVPN doesn't resell Pure, albeit Ivacy does (still). Normally among resellers if they are selling the same service you pick the cheapest one or the one with best support/features depending on the product.

I haven't checked out RealVPN much, wasn't too impressed. I think someone on LET bought it though.

• @Ympker said:

@josephf said:

Other people have investigated IPs and it seems like FastestVPN doesn't resell Pure, albeit Ivacy does (still). Normally among resellers if they are selling the same service you pick the cheapest one or the one with best support/features depending on the product.

I haven't checked out RealVPN much, wasn't too impressed. I think someone on LET bought it though.

What were your concerns regarding RealVPN?

Between FastestVPN and Ivacy what is your preference? Were you satisfied with both?

Any thoughts on iProVPN (also on StackSocial)?

• @josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

Between FastestVPN and Ivacy what is your preference? Were you satisfied with both?

I think, at the time, realvpn only offered ikec protocol. Didn't have much more concerns just already own better lifetime vpns with more features.

• Thanks for putting this together @Ympker

One question regarding the "Torrent Servers"... how does torrents over VPN work?
    I always thought you needed open ports (to accept incoming connections) to get good torrent speeds.
    Wouldn't torrenting over VPNs be mostly limited to leeching?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • What’s LTD?

• @verl20 said:
    What’s LTD?

Life time deal

Thanked by 2Ympker verl20
  • @Whoa said:
    Thanks for putting this together @Ympker

One question regarding the "Torrent Servers"... how does torrents over VPN work?
    I always thought you needed open ports (to accept incoming connections) to get good torrent speeds.
    Wouldn't torrenting over VPNs be mostly limited to leeching?

Sorry, no idea really as I don't torrent.

• @josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

You should definitely go with Ivacy of the two. They are miles ahead of FastestVPN.

IProVPN is run by a serial entrepreneur from Ukraine, using an Estonian middleman company. I think they will exit scam soon enough.

• @Foxx said:

@josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

You should definitely go with Ivacy of the two. They are miles ahead of FastestVPN.

IProVPN is run by a serial entrepreneur from Ukraine, using an Estonian middleman company. I think they will exit scam soon enough.

What are your thoughts about FastestVPN on its own merits?

Any idea about RealVPN and Privado?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2023

@josephf said:

@Foxx said:

@josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

Let's keep asking such questions. Keep them coming because this is the place for such questions.

What are your thoughts on AdGuard VPN?

• If you're looking for a VPN, you should take a look at TopCashBack which is offering decent cashback offers for a number of VPN's.

I believe you get a $10 bonus if you use my referral.

Some Cashback examples:
    Private Internet Access: 95%
    Ivacy: 110%
    NordVPN: 100%
    SurfShark: 90%

I had found out about this after I already renewed for 2 years at like $56 for Private Internet Access. But I was able to get a refund for it and just switch over my devices to the new account info. But if you still haven't renewed and have subscription time left, you can order a subscription through TopCashBack and then get PIA to merge the accounts so you don't need to switch usernames and passwords on your devices.

With PIA, 2 year promo's appear for renewal and 3 years for new subs. The 3 year deal is slightly better, but with a 2 year sub is within pennies and you get the same pcloud period as the 3 year plan.

I don't know about the other services whether they can merge accounts, but PIA chat support was pretty good.

• @TimboJones said:
    If you're looking for a VPN, you should take a look at TopCashBack which is offering decent cashback offers for a number of VPN's.

I believe you get a $10 bonus if you use my referral.

Some Cashback examples:
    Private Internet Access: 95%
    Ivacy: 110%
    NordVPN: 100%
    SurfShark: 90%

I had found out about this after I already renewed for 2 years at like $56 for Private Internet Access. But I was able to get a refund for it and just switch over my devices to the new account info. But if you still haven't renewed and have subscription time left, you can order a subscription through TopCashBack and then get PIA to merge the accounts so you don't need to switch usernames and passwords on your devices.

With PIA, 2 year promo's appear for renewal and 3 years for new subs. The 3 year deal is slightly better, but with a 2 year sub is within pennies and you get the same pcloud period as the 3 year plan.

I don't know about the other services whether they can merge accounts, but PIA chat support was pretty good.

I follow @PhantomPain with his 120% cashback and referral :smiley:

• @josephf said:

@Foxx said:

@josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

FastestVPN not the best, but they are still not terrible.

I think one of the most important factors to deciding a lifetime VPN, is the company that's behind them.
    If it's just some pet-project, by a single founder, you can almost be certain that it's not going to be a pleasant experience.

Ivacy have the company Gaditek as parent.
    You wont find this information anywhere, but if you dig deep enough you'll soon see the threads unfolding.

Gaditek is most known for their PureVPN, which is up there alongside of mainstream VPNs like Nord, Surfshark, and Express.

This alone would be enough for me to trust this VPN to last, but whether you then trust Gaditek, a Pakistan company, to actually care about your data, is a whole different story.

Honestly, I've been using Ivacy for multiple years at this point, and I've never had any hiccups. It's basically like using PureVPN, exept not having to pay the premium.

If you want to use FastestVPN, just be prepared to have a somewhat less enjoyable experience, because they're not quite there yet.

Their website is poorly coded, and a lot of basic features are missing.

It's also very confusing to find information about their company.
    They are claiming to be Cayman company with Dallas support and marketing, but all of their engineers are in Sindh region of... Pakistan.
    Maybe this is a Gaditek too, though their IPs does not match up to PureVPN like Ivacy does.

They also pulled a quick one recently, by introducing "Lifetime PRO", for the sole reason of extracting more money out of lifetime-subscription holders.
    But then again... Are you really gonna complain at that price?

Regarding RealVPN, all I can say is that it's a dud.
    Don't waste your time. It's cheap for a reason.

They don't even have OpenVPN protocol, even though this was listed as coming in "Q1 2023".

You can read more about RealVPN, and why I don't trust them, in this comment: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3737953#Comment_3737953

Privado I do not know, do they offer lifetime subscriptions?

Anyways, I've been meaning to make a big comparison between all sorts of different LTD VPNs, expanding on what Ympker started here. I'll be sure to include both FastestVPN and RealVPN in there, along with some other ones I haven't seen mentioned here yet.

TL;DR:
    Go with Ivacy, or at least Unlimited VPN if you wanna have something that works well.

• What's the verdict guys? Is fastestvpn pro worth subscribing? Already have the normal lifetime but pro seems interesting. It feels like they took some of the lifetime features away after enabling them for lifetime users, example wireguard, multiple Netflix regions, but i am interested in trying out the peering of pro level servers.

• @Foxx said:

@josephf said:

@Foxx said:

@josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

FastestVPN not the best, but they are still not terrible.

I think one of the most important factors to deciding a lifetime VPN, is the company that's behind them.
    If it's just some pet-project, by a single founder, you can almost be certain that it's not going to be a pleasant experience.

Ivacy have the company Gaditek as parent.
    You wont find this information anywhere, but if you dig deep enough you'll soon see the threads unfolding.

Gaditek is most known for their PureVPN, which is up there alongside of mainstream VPNs like Nord, Surfshark, and Express.

This alone would be enough for me to trust this VPN to last, but whether you then trust Gaditek, a Pakistan company, to actually care about your data, is a whole different story.

Honestly, I've been using Ivacy for multiple years at this point, and I've never had any hiccups. It's basically like using PureVPN, exept not having to pay the premium.

If you want to use FastestVPN, just be prepared to have a somewhat less enjoyable experience, because they're not quite there yet.

Their website is poorly coded, and a lot of basic features are missing.

It's also very confusing to find information about their company.
    They are claiming to be Cayman company with Dallas support and marketing, but all of their engineers are in Sindh region of... Pakistan.
    Maybe this is a Gaditek too, though their IPs does not match up to PureVPN like Ivacy does.

They also pulled a quick one recently, by introducing "Lifetime PRO", for the sole reason of extracting more money out of lifetime-subscription holders.
    But then again... Are you really gonna complain at that price?

Regarding RealVPN, all I can say is that it's a dud.
    Don't waste your time. It's cheap for a reason.

They don't even have OpenVPN protocol, even though this was listed as coming in "Q1 2023".

You can read more about RealVPN, and why I don't trust them, in this comment: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3737953#Comment_3737953

Privado I do not know, do they offer lifetime subscriptions?

Anyways, I've been meaning to make a big comparison between all sorts of different LTD VPNs, expanding on what Ympker started here. I'll be sure to include both FastestVPN and RealVPN in there, along with some other ones I haven't seen mentioned here yet.

TL;DR:
    Go with Ivacy, or at least Unlimited VPN if you wanna have something that works well.

They are from Pakistan but its not Gaditek. PureVPN is a separate company.

• @xetsys said:
    What's the verdict guys? Is fastestvpn pro worth subscribing? Already have the normal lifetime but pro seems interesting. It feels like they took some of the lifetime features away after enabling them for lifetime users, example wireguard, multiple Netflix regions, but i am interested in trying out the peering of pro level servers.

I probably won't get it, but I simply have enough other alternatives to use. What's more, I once asked fastestvpn support regarding pro streaming unblocking services, as I was under the impression this should work with "normal" lifetime plan already, and they sort of confirmed that that part of pro is just marketing. Makes you wonder what else about "Pro" is marketing and what are real features?

• How does NameCheap's FastVPN ($10 per year) compare quality wise and price wise to the other options discussed here?

• @josephf said:
    How does NameCheap's FastVPN ($10 per year) compare quality wise and price wise to the other options discussed here?

Never used it unfortunately. Maybe someone else can chime in though :)

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • @Ympker said:

@josephf said:
    How does NameCheap's FastVPN ($10 per year) compare quality wise and price wise to the other options discussed here?

It's interesting. Because NameCheap's pricing for their FastVPN is certainly one of the best. And, generally, NameCheap has a good reputation for their products. (Not VPN specifically, but in general.)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

It's interesting. Because NameCheap's pricing for their FastVPN is certainly one of the best. And, generally, NameCheap has a good reputation for their products. (Not VPN specifically, but in general.)

Yeah, I have also heard that it's quite fine (not the best, but good). Then again, I wouldn't want to pay for a recurring sub anymore with the lifetimes I have (there's just no use-case Namecheap vpn would add that isn't covered by the lifetimes I have).

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • @Ympker said:

@josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

Yeah, I have also heard that it's quite fine (not the best, but good). Then again, I wouldn't want to pay for a recurring sub anymore with the lifetimes I have (there's just no use-case Namecheap vpn would add that isn't covered by the lifetimes I have).

I might have missed if you posted this already, but what lifetime accounts do you have and how much did you pay for each?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2023

@josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

@Ympker said:

@josephf said:

I might have missed if you posted this already, but what lifetime accounts do you have and how much did you pay for each?

There's a google doc link in the OP stating which ones I bought and when :)
    About the price, I am not too sure anymore.
    Windscribe Lifetime was about 60$ iirc, Ivacy was 40$, VPN Unlimited was 40$ (bought it really early before those crazy 15$ sales), FastestVPN was some 3$ paywhatyouwantbundle on stacksocial, GooseVPN was 19$, Getflix probably around 30$?!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zN_eKhsVgTiw-9nv9s1Zq-7v9biQbhloiidDcXKYAqc/edit#gid=310253244

• Best value VPN is Warp

• @emgh said:
    Best value VPN is Warp

How does Warp compare to traditional VPNs?

• @josephf said:

@emgh said:
    Best value VPN is Warp

How does Warp compare to traditional VPNs?

• Faster
    • No location choosing (always the closest)
    • No account registration
    • Free

That’s it from what I’ve noticed. One drawback, three pros.

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • @josephf I use it 24/7 basically, on both my phone and desktop. Most VPNs I turn off because my internet feels slower and less snappy, with Cloudflare it dosen’t, so I use it a lot more — that’s also a major pro

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • JosephFJosephF Member
    edited December 2023

@emgh How does Google One's VPN compare?

Thanked by 1Ympker