Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart

2»

Comments

• @sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: My personal recommendations of StackSocial lifetime VPNs is VPN Unlimited (solid allrounder), Ivacy (unblocks lots of streaming services; 5 year access then contact support to renew free of charge), FastestVPN (solid and cheap alternative; lots of M247). In that order.

Do you (or anyone here) have any experience with BulletVPN?

I don't have personal experience with any VPN provider, however after some digging I noticed that some people prefer this VPN provider (with lifetime StackSocial offer) above others lifetime deals.

Seems like Ivacy sister's company PureVPN (or that's StackSocial fault? - I am not sure how those deals work) didn't honour StackSocial lifetime deals with free renewal option after 5 years.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PureVPNcom/comments/ptz6m7/lifetime_subscription_through/

I believe @sanvit has experience with BulletVPN.

Apologies, Never heard of them :(

Must've been someone else then :/

@user123 said:
    @Ympker any good BF deals on these?

Not anything in particular, that I have seen.

Thanked by 1user123
  • I bought the Ivacy lifetime bundle last week, and thought I'd provide my feedback in case it's useful for Ympker's list.

Purchase via stacksocial was smooth, and redeeming the lifetime pass was easy. Unfortunately, the VPN itself seems incredibly unstable. On the desktop app (macOS) I cannot connect to about 90% of the servers, it just hangs on 'connecting'. None of the 'streaming' or 'secure' downloads options work. I contacted support and they said to just try reinstalling, which of course didn't solve the problem.

On mobile (Android) I can't even login - it gives me an endless login loop.

Their website claims they have VPN servers in mainland China (https://www.ivacy.com/vpn-servers/china-vpn/) but none were in the list. After contacting their support they gave me a server address and told me to connect using L2TP - the server was in HK and not China, unfortunately.

In hindsight, I thinkit would have been better for me to just pick up several VPSes on the cheap (like Hosthatch does with bundling 10 servers in different countries for about $10/year). Their support is responsive, but not that helpful. Maybe the login and connection issues and because they have onboarded a lot of new users since Black Friday, so things will get better? I will keep checking - Stacksocial does not allow refunds so I'll have this VPN for lifetime! 😝

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@weasel said: On mobile (Android) I can't even login - it gives me an endless login loop.

That's strange. I've had a solid experience with them even on Android.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2022

@weasel said:
    I bought the Ivacy lifetime bundle last week, and thought I'd provide my feedback in case it's useful for Ympker's list.

Purchase via stacksocial was smooth, and redeeming the lifetime pass was easy. Unfortunately, the VPN itself seems incredibly unstable. On the desktop app (macOS) I cannot connect to about 90% of the servers, it just hangs on 'connecting'. None of the 'streaming' or 'secure' downloads options work. I contacted support and they said to just try reinstalling, which of course didn't solve the problem.

Their website claims they have VPN servers in mainland China (https://www.ivacy.com/vpn-servers/china-vpn/) but none were in the list. After contacting their support they gave me a server address and told me to connect using L2TP - the server was in HK and not China, unfortunately.

In hindsight, I thinkit would have been better for me to just pick up several VPSes on the cheap (like Hosthatch does with bundling 10 servers in different countries for about $10/year). Their support is responsive, but not that helpful. Maybe the login and connection issues and because they have onboarded a lot of new users since Black Friday, so things will get better? I will keep checking - Stacksocial does not allow refunds so I'll have this VPN for lifetime! 😝

Sounds kinda odd. Ivacy worked just fine for me today (basically instant connection; Wireguard, Android). Don't regret it, they have a lifetime to improve the service for you now :)

Check my Ivacy app and connection speed (almost instantly connects):
    https://i.gyazo.com/7bb4d560827cd16a91128e2b1f38591a.mp4

Some of the lifetime products I bought (only) later became more valuable.
    Still, Ivacy is working fine for me (it was very buggy in the past and I would always complain about their buggy apps, but for me at least, that was in the past).

• mekrmekr Member
    edited December 2022

@Ympker Any of those provide a proxy (socks etc.) as well along with VPN with the LTD?

• @Ympker Is Opera browser with free VPN a good alternative?

• @mekr said:
    @Ympker Any of those provide a proxy (socks etc.) as well along with VPN with the LTD?

Not that I know of the top of my head.
    I thought Keepsolid offered some (free?) Proxies.

Usually, the browser extension would act as proxy and vpn as another ip change. So I usually just use both (e.g. windscribe + ws extension, keepsolid + keepsold extension etc).

@mekr said:
    @Ympker Is Opera browser with free VPN a good alternative?

Never tried it. Free usually has some catch. Why is it free? Best ti DYOR

Thanked by 1mekr
  • @weasel said:
    I bought the Ivacy lifetime bundle last week, and thought I'd provide my feedback in case it's useful for Ympker's list.

Also picked up Ivacy. Everything is working fine no issues logging in etc. However, i'm also having the issue where none of the streaming USA servers are working!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • On a side note @Ympker are you aware of any lifetime or even lengthy subscription 5 year+ to SmartDNS's or VPNs with included SmartDNS? I already have GetFlix/Controld and VPN Unlimited.

• @CityBlues said:
    On a side note @Ympker are you aware of any lifetime or even lengthy subscription 5 year+ to SmartDNS's or VPNs with included SmartDNS? I already have GetFlix/Controld and VPN Unlimited.

Iirc BulletVPN on Stacksocial includes SmartDNS, though I have heard mixed things about that one. VPNSecure also had SmartDNS, although not sure if anymore. I really liked SmartDNS initially, now Getflix removed Flix and I just ended up using VPNs to unblock it.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • CityBluesCityBlues Member
    edited December 2022

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:
    On a side note @Ympker are you aware of any lifetime or even lengthy subscription 5 year+ to SmartDNS's or VPNs with included SmartDNS? I already have GetFlix/Controld and VPN Unlimited.

Iirc BulletVPN on Stacksocial includes SmartDNS, though I have heard mixed things about that one. VPNSecure also had SmartDNS, although not sure if anymore. I really liked SmartDNS initially, now Getflix removed Flix and I just ended up using VPNs to unblock it.

Yeah I think Controld is the my versatile especially for Netflix etc. I picked up the stack social deal where after the first year it's $10 yearly after that for full Control Package. It unblocks the most of any SmartDNS i've seen by some distance. I'll check out the ones you mentioned thank you!

EDIT: I did check out Bullet but for the life of me couldn't see a channel list on what they unblock which is a bit concerning haha!

• Just a little update. On my Stacksocial I had $15 Credits and a i found a 15% code before they ran out. So i chanced BulletVPN for about $20. VPN is actually solid. It connects really fast. I mainly use VPNS just for geo restricted content. I can confirm it works on Sling, ESPN, Paramount Plus, Peacock and NBC. Well worth the cash imo. Especially if you can stack to get it cheaper.

Thanked by 1Ympker