Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS provider with snapshots
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS provider with snapshots

Title says it all. Looking for a reliable VPS with snapshot capabilities that is on the affordable size. Need 2GB RAM 50GB HDD 1GB Network speed. US/Canada. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hetzner Cloud has 2 USA locations and snapshots.

• BuyVM also has snapshots

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • vultr or digitalocean

• Cloudcone (LA) -> Scalable Cloud Servers
    Black Friday Mega Sale -> free backups and snapshots

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

We also have snapshot support on all our plans except lobster
    check our Black Friday offers

• @servarica_hani said:

Not seeing the snapshots mentioned when ordering do you have a link?

• @edrebe said:
    Cloudcone (LA) -> Scalable Cloud Servers
    Black Friday Mega Sale -> free backups and snapshots

Keep ‘‘em coming! And thanks

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@anon667 said:

@servarica_hani said:

after you order you will see the number of snapshots allowed as upgrade option for a fee
    it depend on the plan so it is not same price for all plans

• @anon667 said:
    Title says it all. Looking for a reliable VPS with snapshot capabilities that is on the affordable size. Need 2GB RAM 50GB HDD 1GB Network speed. US/Canada. Any suggestions?

@anon667 If you are specifically looking for Snapshot, I recommend that you look into Contabo's Cloud VPS offers. However, another option is to get two "cheap" VPS from another provider, and for example, you can install CWP on both of them.

The idea is to use the second server as a backup. With the feature of migrating CWP accounts, which basically involves copying the full account from one server to another, you are basically doing the same thing as a snapshot, and the data is backed up on a different machine as well. which I think is awesome. Then, to recover the snapshot, you basically now migrate/copy the account from server two to server one.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

We also include 3 snapshots per account.
    The limit can be increased on request.

Location would be In Ogden, Utah

• @anon667 said:

Hello! I can provide this. Let me know if you are interested

• LVM volume manager and ZFS provide native snapshots.

Of the two LVM requires less learning: https://documentation.suse.com/sles/12-SP4/html/SLES-all/cha-lvm-snapshots.html

• @servarica_hani said:

@anon667 said:

@servarica_hani said:

after you order you will see the number of snapshots allowed as upgrade option for a fee
    it depend on the plan so it is not same price for all plans

I think your snapshots are expensive compared to your other competitive prices .

For instance, buying the option to have one snapshot on "Opossum 1" costs $24 per year, almost the same price as the full VPS ($29 per year). Doesn't seem right.

Of course, I understand the snapshot could be the whole 1TB, but it would be good to have the option to pay for storage used, or just do the root partition.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

We offer free, offsite snapshots as well. But in NL. Once we get a US location sorted out, we'll offer the same there as well.

• You cannot arrest an idea

• lunanode

• Thanks for all the recommendations. I pulled the trigger on Hetzner. I am really liking it thus far. The firewall GUI is interesting I am so use to using UFW lol. Again thank you :-) love this community and glad to be a part of it.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

Central.so offers 3 snapshots for FREE!

We currently have a sale going on: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183041/howdy-from-central-so-enjoy-our-variety-of-recurring-sales-discounts

• @bamboo4409 said:
    You cannot arrest an idea

Get lost.