Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Sale [2022] - Page 70
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Sale [2022]

Comments

• @pawnup said:

Where are you when you gotten those good deals? Why do you only come and complain when you didn't get one?

I have been a loyal member for over a year and I have purchased Racknerd specials. I also thanked them. I also thank the admins for getting high quality reasonably priced deals. When things are good I call them good. When they are not, and wasted my time, I quit. I would not mind you deleting my account. I cannot find the option myself, which I am searching.

Your bandwidth has been doubled.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@pawnup said:
    When things are good I call them good. When they are not, and wasted my time, I quit. I would not mind you deleting my account. I cannot find the option myself, which I am searching.

Umm I failed to find such comment in your comment history... maybe you can enlighten me with your main account?

• afnafn Member
    edited November 2022

@raza19 said: @pawnup said:
    @FAT32 - You are the admin. By allowing poor quality offers such as @Advin, I am really disappointed with LET. No longer hanging around for LET BF offers. Goodbye. Best wishes.

100% agreement. By approving this offer @FAT32 u r making a mockery of the black Friday offers. I have been a member of this forum a little short of a decade now and this is the first time I feel like I'm running behind offers, only to be rejected by deals 99.99% of LET cannot get it even if they tried. There should definitely be a minimum quantity threshold for all offers, 5 is a joke.

I would not really hold it against LET or fat32, every provider has the right to make no offers at all, or as limited as they want, especially since some of these are "donations" to the community (or marketing :no_mouth: ) since providers lose money on them.

Also, I would assume admins have no way of knowing in advance the exact mechanism of execution (weird captcha), and since the offer finally appeared to be actually working for some people as promised then it still follows the rule, as long as it is not just a troll with no real offer.

If you want to hold it against advin for not giving more "free" services, you are free to do that, but asking for a minimum quantity will kill such events. I didn't respect his choice of execution either (but then that's my problem, not @FAT32 's problem.) The limit on quantity however makes sense.

• This captcha stuck on move 51 when I was dominating, WTF? White just stopped moving pieces.

• @pawnup said:

Where are you when you gotten those good deals? Why do you only come and complain when you didn't get one?

I have been a loyal member for over a year and I have purchased Racknerd specials. I also thanked them. I also thank the admins for getting high quality reasonably priced deals. When things are good I call them good. When they are not, and wasted my time, I quit. I would not mind you deleting my account. I cannot find the option myself, which I am searching.

Thanked by 2greentea sebkehl
  • MoopahMoopah Member
    edited November 2022

I'm surprised users consider LET a serious forum lol and take these fun events and jokes so seriously.

This is a place I expect to have fun and get trolled by providers, see summer hosts appear overnight, and for providers to deadpool without warning.

Thanked by 2greentea mrTom
  • Even though that limited offers captcha by @Advin annoyed a lot of people, while not more than 5 could get anyway, this might have not been the smartest marketing move by them, as some prospective customers might consider this provider as not serious enough for doing business with them. Anyways it was fun while it lasted :wink:

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited November 2022

@Advin for next year, make the captcha a crypto miner which only solves once it mines enough shitcoins :trollface:

• @pawnup said:

Goodluck on your future endeavors 😆

• @jmgcaguicla said:
    @Advin for next year, make the captcha a crypto miner which only solves once it mines enough shitcoins :trollface:

No @Advin should make a game of chess where users play against each other in matches. The top 5 winners get the VPS!

• Believe me or not, I love playing chess. I don't care about captcha there's just a big grin on my face.

Thanked by 3Advin forces greentea
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@Pilotseye said:
    Even though that limited offers captcha by @Advin annoyed a lot of people, while not more than 5 could get anyway, this might have not been the smartest marketing move by them, as some prospective customers might consider this provider as not serious enough for doing business with them. Anyways it was fun while it lasted :wink:

It doesn't really bother me too much, it's LET after all :p

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @FAT32 said:

@pawnup said:
    FAT32 - You are the admin. By allowing poor quality offers such as Advin, I am really disappointed with LET. No longer hanging around for LET BF offers. Goodbye. Best wishes.

People like you is the reason why no one is motivated to do anything for the community anymore, at least not for free.

You are looking at the fancy side of the event, but you never know how many countless hours of stress I am into to ensure I bring the most exclusive deals on LET. I gone through quite some negotiation with providers to bring the best deal possible. I have to stress this again, each deal on average require ~20 minutes of my time, and there's 150 deals, you can do the maths.

I am pretty sure the same goes with providers as well, I have seen them busy setting up new nodes just for Black Friday event! Everyone do their part to make this event a success.

What you have taught me is that the spirit of LET is dead and I should stop wasting my time on these blackfriday deals when a few thousand will try to get the golden 5 vps deals. Fyi I still have a 7 year old $7 annual vpsdime deal despite the poor fellas getting ddosed every day they posted their offer back then on black Friday. However, it was definitely not limited to 5. There was value in getting a new client & u cudnt just get the limelight by making deceptive offers not even 0.1% could avail.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2022

@FAT32 said:

@pawnup said:
    When things are good I call them good. When they are not, and wasted my time, I quit. I would not mind you deleting my account. I cannot find the option myself, which I am searching.

Umm I failed to find such comment in your comment history... maybe you can enlighten me with your main account?

Being a new provider and struggling to stay competitive on pricing with all these other amazing providers, I can surely tell you that these deals are amazing. Can you imagine living on 20 cents per customer per month? You'd need literally 100 customers to get $20 USD of profit.

Great apologies go out to any provider if I ever lowballed you... this is hard...

Thanked by 3FAT32 PulsedMedia easy
  • @Advin said:

@Pilotseye said:
    Even though that limited offers captcha by @Advin annoyed a lot of people, while not more than 5 could get anyway, this might have not been the smartest marketing move by them, as some prospective customers might consider this provider as not serious enough for doing business with them. Anyways it was fun while it lasted :wink:

Good to know that you don't depend on LET customers :wink:

Thanked by 1Advin
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@foitin said:

@Advin said:

This year, I do it with a bot-proof captcha

bot-proof captcha
    ☑︎ human-proof captcha

lol

@oto said:

@raza19 said:
    I had been waiting for this advin deal since the thread was started. I just wanted it to make a small VPN. To ensure I got the deal I made an account at their website and added funds of $6 to the account (by mistake adding twice) . Dear Admins please take note of this deceptive and malicious activity by the host. To the host: please issue me a refund now.

Frankly all black Friday offers should meet a minimum quantity criteria from the host otherwise it's just a waste of time. 5 accounts for the entire LET and that too behind this chess BS speaks volumes of host's character.

Jesus christ, what is WRONG with you?

You act like you're absolutely entitled to a discounted server (which the host makes ZERO money on?) and bitch when you don't get it? People like you are the reason nobody else can have nice things anymore.

It would be absolutely understandable if @Advin wouldn't participate in any sales anymore due to entitled pennycounters like you.

some people just want to watch the world burn .... or everything just handed to them,m after all they are the masters of the universe! ;)

Thanked by 1greentea
    edited November 2022

@Moopah said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

No @Advin should make a game of chess where users play against each other in matches. The top 5 winners get the VPS!

Haha, that was actually an idea I had (or maybe some battle royal style thing), but it wouldn't have been practical. I needed everything to be done client side, because my poor servers would probably struggle with the amount of LET users if server side stuff was being ran. The chessCaptcha was ran on Cloudflare pages, so it didn't go down.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @persty said:
    This captcha stuck on move 51 when I was dominating, WTF? White just stopped moving pieces.

What the hell is this? :'(

@raza19 said:
    What you have taught me is that the spirit of LET is dead and I should stop wasting my time on these blackfriday deals when a few thousand will try to get the golden 5 vps deals. Fyi I still have a 7 year old $7 annual vpsdime deal despite the poor fellas getting ddosed every day they posted their offer back then on black Friday. However, it was definitely not limited to 5. There was value in getting a new client & u cudnt just get the limelight by making deceptive offers not even 0.1% could avail.

What's the specs of the $7 VPSDime deal? It is 1GB OpenVZ in Dallas if I remember correctly. I believe it is technically more possible for providers to do this.

Comparing it with this deal by Advin, it is 4GB KVM in Asia with potential Ryzen CPU, do you know how much is the traffic and costs to run services in Asia?

If the spirit is dead, I won't be here organizing this event and explaining all this at the first place.

• @raza19 said: I still have a 7 year old $7 annual vpsdime deal

What deal was it? YABS?

• @Advin I took too long in the chess game, but respect your effort.

• @Pilotseye said:

@Advin said:

@Pilotseye said:

good to know you piss on let :wink:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

In life, you just can't please everyone so just do what you intend to do and move along.

• @DP said:

In life, you just can't please everyone so just do what you intend to do and move along.

• @sonu said:

@Pilotseye said:

@Advin said:

@Pilotseye said:

good to know you piss on let :wink:

That's also a way to say it :wink:

edited November 2022

@raza19 said:

@FAT32 said:

@pawnup said:
    FAT32 - You are the admin. By allowing poor quality offers such as Advin, I am really disappointed with LET. No longer hanging around for LET BF offers. Goodbye. Best wishes.

People like you is the reason why no one is motivated to do anything for the community anymore, at least not for free.

You are looking at the fancy side of the event, but you never know how many countless hours of stress I am into to ensure I bring the most exclusive deals on LET. I gone through quite some negotiation with providers to bring the best deal possible. I have to stress this again, each deal on average require ~20 minutes of my time, and there's 150 deals, you can do the maths.

I am pretty sure the same goes with providers as well, I have seen them busy setting up new nodes just for Black Friday event! Everyone do their part to make this event a success.

IPv4 costs, costs of doing business, and hardware costs have significantly changed during the 7 year period. If you wanted a dedicated IPv4 address from a /24 subnet, the cost is now ~$0.50/IP/month unless it's a direct allocation from ARIN/RIPE/etc.

That's already $6/year, not counting the hardware costs. If you don't need a dedicated IPv4 address, there's already many options at $6/yr with IPv4 NAT or IPv6.

Thanked by 2yoursunny greentea

Thanks DP, I will stop feeding the troll. You do whatever that makes you happy :)

Now it is time for GIFs and parties! The next deal is great too, the RAM-price ratio feels unrealistic at first glance :joy:

• @oto said:

:smiley:

• @DP said: In life, you just can't please everyone so just do what you intend to do and move along.