Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Sale [2022] - Page 67
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Sale [2022]

Comments

• Even through we could get the promo code from the script code atm-its cllient sided.
    Well, it seems that 5 stocks are already claimed, rip

• ptrejaptreja Member
    edited November 2022

I liked it, fun/interesting idea for a captcha

• I lost in chess then on next page it showed $48/year which means offer was already gone :'(

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited November 2022

Actual good one :trollface:

Look at all these scrubs complaining

• @Advin what's the AI level?

• @Advin said:

@afn said:
    Honestly, I used to like Advin's service and as a member on LET, but really 0 respect with this piece of shit.

I swear I am boycotting them just for this piece of shit, also active service getting canceled just for being a smartass.

It is just plain annoying and disrespectful and whoever invented chess captcha needs to be killed and burnt in front of everyone. And whoever thought it is a good idea to use needs to seek medical help

That's just a downright awful thing to say. Last year I did the same promotion, everyone complained about bots getting the offer. This year, I do it with a bot-proof captcha, and everyone is complaining about the captcha.

There is no winning.

I didn't have to create an LET offer at $0 profit to me. Maybe I just shouldn't participate next year? That way, no one can have a $6/year VPS :D OGF seemed a lot more chill and liked the joke.

The idea was fun, I managed to lose the game in under a minute to get the code but the sight went down, that could have been avoided if possible.

Eitherway, people here are over-reacting. It is clearly a no profit deal and a creative way to put it out..

Thanked by 2ralf FAT32
  • @Advin said:

@afn said:
    Honestly, I used to like Advin's service and as a member on LET, but really 0 respect with this piece of shit.

I swear I am boycotting them just for this piece of shit, also active service getting canceled just for being a smartass.

It is just plain annoying and disrespectful and whoever invented chess captcha needs to be killed and burnt in front of everyone. And whoever thought it is a good idea to use needs to seek medical help

That's just a downright awful thing to say. Last year I did the same promotion, everyone complained about bots getting the offer. This year, I do it with a bot-proof captcha, and everyone is complaining about the captcha.

There is no winning.

I didn't have to create an LET offer at $0 profit to me. Maybe I just shouldn't participate next year? That way, no one can have a $6/year VPS :D OGF seemed a lot more chill and liked the joke.

Do as other providers do?

Thanked by 1afn
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@Advin said:

@afn said:

There is no winning.

Keep in mind, even without the captcha, the website would have just been stuck in infinite loading just like the rest of the offers, and there's a low chance you'd get it anyway. There are thousands of people who want it.

Thanked by 3FAT32 ralf greentea
  • Not bad idea with the chess. That was fun! :D

• The chess was a nice surprise. Definitely.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@advin You can't please these a$$holes who are being negative really. Dude props for giving me a laugh! Because I suck at chess!

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

You see, making VPS at this price is definitely a loss leader, from what I understanding here Advin is just trying to have a little bit of fun

He isn't trying to make fun of you, but to show that how a "bot-proof" captcha can theoretically happens. Why does he has to spend the time to develop this? I find it entertaining and I thought this is a community that can take jokes and not so serious.

Remember, providers have no obligation to make any deals for anyone, please don't ruin it for everyone else.

• @Advin said:

This year, I do it with a bot-proof captcha

bot-proof captcha
    ☑︎ human-proof captcha

• pawnuppawnup Member
    edited November 2022

Eitherway, people here are over-reacting. It is clearly a no profit deal and a creative way to put it out..

A really honest and creative way would have been for @advin to say - "This deal is a cr*p deal that nobody will get after losing a chess game as wasting your time". That way you would have got lot of smiles.

@ilsubyeega said:
    Even through we could get the promo code from the script code atm-its cllient sided.
    Well, it seems that 5 stocks are already claimed, rip

Yeah, unlikely I'd reuse this again for that reason.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • the moment it shows chess, I say FU and close it immediately :D

Thanked by 1pawnup
  • @86hulei said: you fool people who want to buy but don't play chess

You dont even need to win.. i lost and still got the code. I think we need more like Advin's captcha's so everyone can buy not only bots. Good job @Advin keep them coming.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • loved the chess captcha, ignore the michael jacksons complaining!

• I have never played chess, I don't even know the rules.

• afnafn Member
    edited November 2022

@Advin said: I didn't have to create an LET offer at $0 profit to me. Maybe I just shouldn't participate next year?

Honestly don't, if that's how you are going to do it. You can just not lose money on offers. Honestly, you are under no obligation to create offers and have every right not to please every human being on LET, but what you ended up getting is more hate than advertising...

I understand your point now about bots, but are you sure the only bot-proof mechanism is a chess game?

Congrats to people who got the deal, I am glad people actually at least got it, because honestly, it seemed to me as an annoying troll at the beginning, especially since the thing did not even move (it was not clickable), so I assumed it was some "fake" offer, therefore the mention.

also, sorry I am a bit over-reacting, so I should apologize for the language, but I still stand by my point that this is an awful captcha and it is an annoying troll.

Thanked by 1kainjinez
  • @pawnup said:

A really honest and creative way would have been for @advin to say - "This deal is a cr*p deal that nobody will get after losing a chess game as wasting your time". That way you would have got lot of smiles.

With your username, you have zero excuses for not winning this captcha.

• im retrying the code like a monkey after spending 5mins clicking randomy on chess because no fucking idea how to play it followed by 5mins waiting for the server to load...

• @u104b230 said:
    I have never played chess, I don't even know the rules.

Never too late to learn

• I actually don't care about this since even no complicated captcha, I still have fewer chance to get this. But could you deal with the speical offer for your normal vps please? @Advin

• I also think this is an interesting setting :D

• @u104b230 said:
    I have never played chess, I don't even know the rules.

Maybe that is a good thing. Cuz you lose fast and get the code :lol:

@TanXS said:
    I actually don't care about this since even no complicated captcha, I still have fewer chance to get this. But could you deal with the speical offer for your normal vps please? @Advin

https://advinservers.com/blackfriday

• well maybe the next deal instead of a chess captcha, try a captcha game like "beat boss of god of war" maybe?

• damn. This is my first BF here at LET. All I wanted was to get a small cloud server to migrate my Mastodon instance...

... and instead I am battling bots trolls and AI chess.

😣

Thanked by 1greentea
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

All this talk about bot captcha 8 min till next offer!

Thanked by 3FAT32 oto shelfchair