Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET is slowing down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET is slowing down?

I feel that let at the moment generates a lot less interesting content. Mods posting generic threads to attract new, unexperienced blood. No real deadpool drama or summer hosts due to biloh fee. Is it worth to stay at let?

Comments

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

yes possibly ,forums are dying

Thanked by 1Alireza
  • Where is the youtube video?

Thanked by 4Levi serv_ee BlaZe Pwner
  • ‘Deadpool drama’ has been renamed to ‘migration issues’

• Unless things seriously change, I doubt the longevity of my stay.. sucks but what are you supposed to do when management doesn't listen?

Thanked by 3Alireza rcy026 suyadi92
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

yoursunny summer host Inc is still here, in our second year.
    We ain't deadpooling.

Starting next year, you'll see deadpool threads about providers mainly selling OVH IPv4 for cheap.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • aliletalilet Member
    edited September 2022

Yeah. My last interesting drama was involucration. Nexusbytes is also there but doesnt have same intensity.

Thanked by 1tmepy
  • i bet my last dolla they'll blame it on energy price increase

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jugganuts said:
    Unless things seriously change, I doubt the longevity of my stay.. sucks but what are you supposed to do when management doesn't listen?

What do you think needs to change?

@LTniger said:
    I feel that let at the moment generates a lot less interesting content. Mods posting generic threads to attract new, unexperienced blood. No real deadpool drama or summer hosts due to biloh fee. Is it worth to stay at let?

What's interesting is that a majority of folks couldn't stand the "summer hosts" -- and wanted them banned and disallowed.

Now that that there are fewer, other folks miss them.

Anyways, activity on LowEndTalk is about even the past 3 months. Typically summer time brings with it lower activity compared to the fall and winter months.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@jugganuts said:
    Unless things seriously change, I doubt the longevity of my stay.. sucks but what are you supposed to do when management doesn't listen?

So are you saying....that providers drive this forum? Where's your next stop?

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited September 2022

@MrRadic said:

@jugganuts said:

So are you saying....that providers drive this forum? Where's your next stop?

There's another one out there which lets providers post for free still.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • @dosai said:
    Where is the youtube video?

Made but all unlisted I'd imagine. Something about dancing semi nude In a pile of cash against youtube tos

@james50a said:

@dosai said:

Made but all unlisted I'd imagine. Something about dancing semi nude In a pile of cash against youtube tos

The YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/c/LowEndBoxTV

The top video on the channel has 7000 views, but the rest have not been as successful so we need to tweak the strategy there.

We are looking to produce more videos but need to hire for the position.

• im here with the typical "i want a free server" "drama"

• Its dying when someone is hell bent on turning this community into business.

• @jbiloh said:

@james50a said:

@dosai said:

The top video on the channel has 7000 views, but the rest have not been as successful so we need to tweak the strategy there.

Just checked the channel. It is only sales videos.

It will never be a success without videos with real content that brings real value to the viewers.

Videos like the following that have the same content as thousands of other videos and blog posts are also completely worthless. Most of us (incl. Google) see it as spam.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181540/ssh-key-authentication-how-to-create-ssh-key-pairs/p1

It might be a good idea with sponsored videos where the providers share technical knowledge and/or makes special VPS offers relevant to the video.

A start could be a series of tutorials that in-depth explain how to set up, optimize and secure IPv6-only servers for hosting, proxies, VPN, and all the other things that LET users buy VPSs for.

In other words, videos that are worth watching because there is a good chance we learn something relevant. And where the offers are secondary.

Thanked by 2bakageta Logano
  • So, few agree that there is a rot. What realistic new moves we can do?

@kasodk said:

@jbiloh said:

@james50a said:

@dosai said:

Just checked the channel. It is only sales videos.

It will never be a success without videos with real content that brings real value to the viewers.

Videos like the following that have the same content as thousands of other videos and blog posts are also completely worthless. Most of us (incl. Google) see it as spam.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181540/ssh-key-authentication-how-to-create-ssh-key-pairs/p1

It might be a good idea with sponsored videos where the providers share technical knowledge and/or makes special VPS offers relevant to the video.

A start could be a series of tutorials that in-depth explain how to set up, optimize and secure IPv6-only servers for hosting, proxies, VPN, and all the other things that LET users buy VPSs for.

In other words, videos that are worth watching because there is a good chance we learn something relevant. And where the offers are secondary.

On the YouTube front we've tried a few things:

1. Newsy bits
    2. Evergreen tutorials
    3. Week in review
    4. Giveaway videos
    5. Service highlights

We plan to keep trying things to find the best mix of what works. The video with the most views (about 7k) is a long format evergreen comparison tutorial on different note taking platforms.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited September 2022

hire some twitch Just chatting boys to promote lowendtalk?

• Thanked by 2Levi cadddr
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2022

If I can trust my script.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • @Neoon looks cool, how does it work?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2022

@tjn said:
    @Neoon looks cool, how does it work?

It does count up, basically, nothing complex.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I have noticed the slowdown speed wise as from Vodafone UK sometimes is so slow to access the LET website so using VPN and this way much faster.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2022

It's not like it was not said so many times that the end is nigh.

Thanked by 2tjn suyadi92
  • @Otus9051 said:
    im here with the typical "i want a free server" "drama"

lmao ok

• @ralf said:

@Otus9051 said:
    im here with the typical "i want a free server" "drama"

lmao ok

Problem is not the free server. Problem is afterwards, when customers start complaining about the free server and company.

@Neoon said:
    If I can trust my script.

Something is wrong with your script, it's undercounting new threads.