Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSH Key Authentication | How to Create SSH Key Pairs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSH Key Authentication | How to Create SSH Key Pairs

For those of you wondering why, and how to create ssh key pairs.
All the videos I post have been vetted by me.

Thanked by 1alilet

Comments

• Just spam at this point...

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@jugganuts said: Just spam at this point...

You're accusing me of spamming??
    You don't know why I am doing this, so chill.

• @Arkas said:

@jugganuts said: Just spam at this point...

You're accusing me of spamming??
    You don't know why I am doing this, so chill.

I am chill... And I know exactly what you're doing. You're posting unoriginal content to drive views of the fourm that you moderate, I mean it doesn't take much brain power to figure that one out.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@jugganuts said: I am chill... And I know exactly what you're doing. You're posting unoriginal content to drive views of the fourm that you moderate, I mean it doesn't take much brain power to figure that one out.

Right.... You know everything :smiley:

• jugganutsjugganuts Member
    edited September 2022

@Arkas said:

@jugganuts said: I am chill... And I know exactly what you're doing. You're posting unoriginal content to drive views of the fourm that you moderate, I mean it doesn't take much brain power to figure that one out.

Right.... You know everything :smiley:

No, but if you wanted to help that other person out in the other thread you could have just gave him the link in his own thread but you decided to create your own thread about it. Post a video that wasn't yours and link it to his thread. Pointless spam to drive clicks and seo...

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@jugganuts said: Pointless spam to drive clicks and seo...

This is your last warning to stop calling my posts spam. It's fine If you don't like them, but do NOT cross the line again.

• So you're warning me because I don't agree with you. Sounds like your moderation style.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ martheen
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited September 2022

just use password. easy to remember. no need to save it anywhere.
    Actually it's much safer. Imagine if your devices got malwares.

username: admin
    password: password

Thanked by 1cadddr
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@jugganuts said: So you're warning me because I don't agree with you. Sounds like your moderation style.

No, because you are calling my posts as spam post and therefore me a spammer. Do you see now?

• If the boot fits I guess...

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • Someone really should chill a little..

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • Blog post > some YouTube video

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@corbpie said: Blog post > some YouTube video

We will soon have posts as well for specific subjects regarding administering a server.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2022

@Arkas said:

@jugganuts said: Pointless spam to drive clicks and seo...

This is your last warning to stop calling my posts spam. It's fine If you don't like them, but do NOT cross the line again.

I think it might be a good idea for you to let another mod look at posts you think cross the line targeted at you -- last time you went down this path you needed to step back for a few days

Moderating a site isn't worth stressing yourself out over.

Thanked by 3iKeyZ martheen Marx
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@jackb said: I think it might be a good idea for you to let another mod look at posts you think cross the line targeted at you -- last time you went down this path you needed to step back for a few days

That was not the reason exactly.

Moderating a site isn't worth stressing yourself out over.

I agree, but neither is allowing others calling you a spammer. In the mean time, I will hand it over to another mod.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Arkas said:
    I agree, but neither is allowing others calling you a spammer. In the mean time, I will hand it over to another mod.

At the end of the day the thing to do here is think "do I really care what that user thinks about the content".

If the answer is yes, then maybe the content isn't right for the target audience. If the answer is no, they're entitled to their opinion but it's of no relevance to you. No need to worry.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@jugganuts said: I know exactly what you're doing. You're posting unoriginal content to drive views of the fourm that you moderate,

Based on previous discussions with the team here, I think it's fair to say that @Arkas is trying to make available an organized group of resources to help our newer members learn. @Arkas' motivation on his new series of posts with videos is similar to his well known posts about free Udemy courses.

I think it's inappropriate to suggest that @Arkas is spamming or to imply that @Arkas is a spammer.

I mean it doesn't take much brain power to figure that one out.

It's also inappropriate to suggest that anyone who disagrees might not have much brain power a/k/a is stupid.

I appreciate @Arkas' many contributions to our community. We are better off because @Arkas is with us. Thank you @Arkas!

@Arkas said: We will soon have posts as well for specific subjects regarding administering a server.

I look forward to additional threads about other server administration topics. As for this thread about ssh keys, I remember how much trouble I had the first time I tried to use ssh key authentication. I couldn't get it to work. I remember John from Interserver helping me very nicely. The guys at Interserver were really great when I was first starting!

If this thread helps new people, that will be excellent! Thanks again, @Arkas!

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Use your real account @letlover

• @Arkas said:

@jugganuts said: So you're warning me because I don't agree with you. Sounds like your moderation style.

No, because you are calling my posts as spam post and therefore me a spammer. Do you see now?

And? Instead of taking the hint, you double down and take it to 11.

Point to the rule that you can't complain posts are spammy.

Thanked by 2martheen Marx
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: Point to the rule that you can't complain posts are spammy.

Don't be a dick :smile:

@TimboJones said: And? Instead of taking the hint, you double down and take it to 11.

This comment seems so negative towards our friend @Arkas! You weren't involved in the original discussion. You come out of left field, all critical. How does negativity help you?

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @Not_Oles said:

@TimboJones said: And? Instead of taking the hint, you double down and take it to 11.

This comment seems so negative towards our friend @Arkas! You weren't involved in the original discussion. You come out of left field, all critical. How does negativity help you?

And now I have to remind a moderator that this is a discussion forum. SMH

Anyway, expect feedback when posting content. You got it. Don't whine about it when people get annoyed by what you do. In terms of what was said for your ban threat was extreme in comparison to random comments anywhere on the Internet. Get thicker skin.

@TimboJones said: Don't whine about it when people get annoyed by what you do.

You seem to get annoyed by almost everything almost anyone says. How does such negativity help you?

• @Not_Oles said:

@TimboJones said: Don't whine about it when people get annoyed by what you do.

You seem to get annoyed by almost everything almost anyone says. How does such negativity help you?

Wtf kind of question is that? All my responses are pretty clear and self-explanatory. I can't help it if a snowflake takes constructive criticism and cries about it. Especially, if they turn around and try and gaslight people.

How does asking stupid questions help LET?

Thanked by 2dahartigan Marx

@TimboJones I agree that most of your responses are "pretty clear and self-explanatory." Yes, you also are right that most of your responses are "criticism."

However, many of your criticisms might seem "negative" rather than "constructive." For example, please look right here in this thread.

• How is it "constructive" when you refer to someone as a crying snowflake?

• How is it "constructive" when you call someone's questions "stupid."

• How is it "constructive" when you call one of our respected mods a "spammer?"

I wish you the best! I want you to be happy here at LET! Some of your posts are helpful. Maybe you might be happier here at LET if you focus on comments and on starting new threads where you add substantive and positive contributions?

Best wishes and kindest regards! :)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: How does asking stupid questions help LET?

You really are walking on very thin ice by insulting a moderator here for no reason whatsoever.

• @Arkas said:

@TimboJones said: How does asking stupid questions help LET?

You really are walking on very thin ice by insulting a moderator here for no reason whatsoever.

Goodbye Uncle Jimbo Timbo, it was nice knowing you.