Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection

Comments

• @hyperblast said:
    a lot of babble and no vps!

sometimes you have to quote yourself

• github password for kubbur plz ;)

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited September 2022
    KUBBUR
    The only 10Gbit cloud provider you'll find at this price :)

but not service availible.

• @hyperblast said:

github password for kubbur plz ;)

recnuobkcid

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @LTniger said:

@hyperblast said:

recnuobkcid

worx. i am in!

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@hyperblast said:

try kjartannxoxokubberleifur

• @FatGrizzly said:

@hyperblast said:

does not work.

out of stock

• @hyperblast said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@hyperblast said:

does not work.

out of stock

Just inspect element and put 1 in stock and order it! It's not that hard

• Do these come with IPv6 @LeifurGunnarsson?

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@fynix said:
    Do these come with IPv6 @LeifurGunnarsson?

Path doesn't support ipv6 iirc, so they don't too.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

How can they have so many positive reviews on TrustPilot and yet have no stock?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2022

They posted this in their Discord. I heard they signed a rack with CosmicGuard so that's probably why they don't have stock at the moment. I wish them the best, but they're probably restructuring/sorting the whole situation out.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Advin said:
    They posted this in their Discord. I heard they signed a rack with CosmicGuard so that's probably why they don't have stock at the moment. I wish them the best, but they're probably restructuring/sorting the whole situation out.

Random investors fault and not company owner? :blush:

• ArkasArkas Moderator

You really shouldn't be in this business If you have so many loyal customers (as per TrustPilot) yet can't put $10K together to pay your immediate debts.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2022

@Arkas said:
    You really shouldn't be in this business If you have so many loyal customers (as per TrustPilot) yet can't put $10K together to pay your immediate debts.

To be fair, there's a lot of hosts in here that probably wouldn't be able to pull $10k out of nowhere. Having a lot of TrustPilot reviews doesn't necessarily equate to profits/revenue

It looks like they're attempting to recover from the situation, which I can respect. At least they didn't just deadpool and at least services are still running.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Advin said: To be fair, there's a lot of hosts in here that probably wouldn't be able to pull $10k out of nowhere

I totally agree. However I don't think many hosts with the number of superb reviews from trustpilot, hosts that are concentrating at their growing phase (which is different for each host) would invest in 'air talk' with some investor that didn't deliver. But you are right, they should be honored for their 'battle' so far.

• it's always the others' fault, logically. here it's an ominous investor.

• Soon-to-be-involucrated?

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • Title should warn the gulible ones.

• edited September 2022

Kubbur was a great idea, with quite the horrible execution, by the looks of it.

Blaming some imaginary investor is hilarious. Own up to your fuckup.

• @Advin said:

Just curious what the latest is. Their website has no indication that anything is wrong and their status page has 90+% uptime across the board, which doesn't seem like "entire network is offline" unless the stats are the servers measuring themselves rather than an external check.

• edited September 2022

@ralf said:

@Advin said:

Just curious what the latest is. Their website has no indication that anything is wrong and their status page has 90+% uptime across the board, which doesn't seem like "entire network is offline" unless the stats are the servers measuring themselves rather than an external check.

Latest from their discord:

*** THE ENTIRE STORY ***

1. KUBBUR was founded as a Minecraft hosting company.
    2. After 6 months of operation we got the opportunity to enter the 10G VPS hosting business, as one of our business partners had the time was involved with another project that owned a 5950X in London which we could sell VMs from.
    3. KUBBUR grew larger, meaning we had to restock.
      This is where new management comes in
    4. Re-stocking ended up being more complicated than we thought, we kept adding more machines to the batch instead of keeping it at one machine at a time and subsequently dragging the process out.
    5. The new management finds an opportunity to lease an entire cabinet in London, allowing for more stock and more products we could potentially offer, at the time this was a no-brainer.
    6. For reasons which we cannot mention here, as they are privileged in nature, these guys that gave us this opportunity had to pull out very suddenly and very quickly.
    7. At this point, because we had lost our source of funding and a large part of our management team, we desperately looked for alternative ways to keep KUBBUR running. This is where the investor Leifur mentioned comes in to provide us with the funding nessecary and hardware.
    8. Cabinet deal ends up going through, everyone is happy.
    9. Servers don't get built on time, trouble.
    10. Further server delays for weeks upon a time.
    11. Last week ~ when our services with Path are suspended due to nonpayment.
    12. This moment. We have found a proper investor with funding we can rely on that is ready to keep KUBBUR running. From this moment moving forward what we'll be doing our very best to keep everything we're doing fully transparent. As you can imagine, being 100% transparent isn't easy when you're trying to sort funding to keep your entire network up. Expect a detailed announcement regarding the future of KUBBUR soon.

We will be refactoring some aspects of our panel, ordering process and website to improve reliability and stability on the platform. This includes a new virtualization back-end to replace the badly written proxmox-based system.

We will also be moving to restock London as soon as possible with increased capacity on AMD EPYC based machines, with the same 10G you're used to.

Our billing process will be refactored so the events on the 28th of Aug do not repeat themselves.

This is all I will say for now.

Thanked by 2ralf HyperSpeed
  • I'll put my 2 cent here.

Imo, the first thing to fix is to rename the brand. "Kubbur" giving a bad vibe, since it is close to "Kubur" which mean "Grave".

(Just a random thought, but it is literally stops me ordering from them).

• @Dazzle said:
    I'll put my 2 cent here.

Imo, the first thing to fix is to rename the brand. "Kubbur" giving a bad vibe, since it is close to "Kubur" which mean "Grave".

(Just a random thought, but it is literally stops me ordering from them).

the kubbur brand aint going anywhere lmao they've built a cult in their discord

• are we being moved from path to cosmic? wasnt aware

• investor in, investor out, leifur in, new investment. well, quite a lot of invenstment in what actually? Castles in the air?

• @hyperblast said:
    investor in, investor out, leifur in, new investment. well, quite a lot of invenstment in what actually? Castles in the air?

more servers. they've been OOS for months

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@mikewazar said: more servers. they've been OOS for months

So use all that revenue they're making from being sold out to fund new servers & pay their bills to Path.

@NobodyInteresting said: we desperately looked for alternative ways to keep KUBBUR running.

So the brand operates at a loss then? That's a really bad idea given how crowded the market is already.

Francisco