Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection

Comments

• Can always use route48 or tunnelbroker until then

• coldcold Member

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@cold said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@cold said:
    ipv6?

We do not offer IPv6. Once Path deploys ipv6 transit & mitigation we will.

and when will that happen?

That's not something we have the answers for

Ok. very helpful and customer friendly.

Thanked by 1LeifurGunnarsson
  • coldcold Member

@LiliLabs said:
    Can always use route48 or tunnelbroker until then

are you some kind of tech wizard?

Thanked by 1legolaslx
  • @LiliLabs said:
    Can always use route48 or tunnelbroker until then

I think they are trying to. Saw one of their staff on route48's discord

• @cold said:

Don't really have to be, just make an account on route48.org and create a tunnel, they have config that you can pase into your network config file and then you'll have v6. Not hard at all.

• coldcold Member

@LiliLabs said:

@cold said:

Don't really have to be, just make an account on route48.org and create a tunnel, they have config that you can pase into your network config file and then you'll have v6. Not hard at all.

YOU MUST BE A LINUXGURU OR SO....

• Definitely interested, any idea when the new locations will be live?

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

@allthemtings said:
    Definitely interested, any idea when the new locations will be live?

Phoenix - Looking at late May / Early June
    Iceland - Same as phoenix, will start accepting orders for VMs, dedicated servers and colocation around the 21st but DDoS Protection is not expected to be online until June.
    London Restock - 1/7 servers racked and ready, expecting restock around the same time we open Iceland so 20ish May.

Thanked by 1Ed_Chd
  • Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@allthemtings said:

Iceland - Same as phoenix, will start accepting orders for VMs, dedicated servers and colocation around the 21st but DDoS Protection is not expected to be online until June.
    London Restock - 1/7 servers racked and ready, expecting restock around the same time we open Iceland so 20ish May.

How will the Iceland servers be priced? Same as in other location, or more expensive?

• ahrtahrt Member

When London stock will be available? Looking to get few.

• ailiceailice Member

Looking toward for Iceland o:)

@Ed_Chd said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@allthemtings said:

How will the Iceland servers be priced? Same as in other location, or more expensive?

Great question, Icelandic VPS Servers will start from €6/mo and then after the first GB of memory they're €5/GB so 1GB = €6, 2GB=€10, 3GB = €15 and so fourth so just a bit more expensive than our other locations (+€1/GB). One thing to note is that these won't be 10Gbps VMs, we are aiming for unmetered 1Gbps though, which for the region is insane.

Thanked by 1Ed_Chd

@ahrt said:
    When London stock will be available? Looking to get few.

This is by our current estimates:

@LeifurGunnarsson said: London Restock - 1/7 servers racked and ready, expecting restock around the same time we open Iceland so 20ish May.

@ailice said:
    Looking toward for Iceland o:)

Glad to see! Við erum það líka :smile:

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@Ed_Chd said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@allthemtings said:

Great question, Icelandic VPS Servers will start from €6/mo and then after the first GB of memory they're €5/GB so 1GB = €6, 2GB=€10, 3GB = €15 and so fourth so just a bit more expensive than our other locations (+€1/GB). One thing to note is that these won't be 10Gbps VMs, we are aiming for unmetered 1Gbps though, which for the region is insane.

Would each of the nodes have 1G so each VM is sharing that 1G or would each of the nodes have 10G but each VM is limited to 1G?

Would each of the nodes have 1G so each VM is sharing that 1G or would each of the nodes have 10G but each VM is limited to 1G?

Each node would have 10G ports and then the VMs would be limited to 1G.

• That's still fantastic for the region, wow.

• Here is my experience:

I decided to give the London vm a chance.

First thing I did - change the ssh port to a different one, and then added to the firewall in their panel, so I can access it.

It was a game of chance if I can access it or not. Its accessible for 15mins, then it isn't for an hour, and then accessible again. On and off, for 24hrs.

I cancelled that VM 24hrs in. Definitely not a fun experience for me.

And no, I didn't open a support ticket, I didn't even ask for my money back, it's just a lesson learned. If the firewall is having such issues with a simple ssh port forwarding and would require a ticket - I wouldn't want to try my chances with anything else.

In the rare occasions that I was able to access the VM - it was pretty good, specially the network. Perhaps I will wait until it matures a bit more.

Best of luck.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • ralfralf Member

Do you have any yabs from when it was working? I'd be interested in their London VMs.
    Also, it'd probably be good to open a ticket anyway even if you don't want to continue the service as at least then they can investigate what was wrong with the network at that time.

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Here is my experience:

First thing I did - change the ssh port to a different one, and then added to the firewall in their panel, so I can access it.

It was a game of chance if I can access it or not. Its accessible for 15mins, then it isn't for an hour, and then accessible again. On and off, for 24hrs.

And no, I didn't open a support ticket, I didn't even ask for my money back, it's just a lesson learned. If the firewall is having such issues with a simple ssh port forwarding and would require a ticket - I wouldn't want to try my chances with anything else.

In the rare occasions that I was able to access the VM - it was pretty good, specially the network. Perhaps I will wait until it matures a bit more.

Best of luck.

We realise our firewall system isn't the most intuitive thing ever for first time users, this is actually being worked on right now with our new control panel - which will address a lot of the concerns we've gotten through user feedback.
    Now I believe the problem you faced must've had something to do with you opening up the SSH port manually, as SSH is the only port we have open by default and as such the rule may have created some sort of conflict. When customers contact support regarding situations like this we're usually quick to respond and quick to resolve whatever the issue at hand is.
    Lastly, I'd like to offer your money back since you aren't satisfied with our service so I believe it is the only right thing to do in this situation :)

If you can email me at [email protected] I will get this through personally, and as fast as possible.

With love,
    -- Kjartan (Leifur usually manages this account ;)

@ralf said:
    Do you have any yabs from when it was working? I'd be interested in their London VMs.
    Also, it'd probably be good to open a ticket anyway even if you don't want to continue the service as at least then they can investigate what was wrong with the network at that time.

I'm getting you one from London right now.

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @LeifurGunnarsson said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Here is my experience:

Best of luck.

We realise our firewall system isn't the most intuitive thing ever for first time users, this is actually being worked on right now with our new control panel - which will address a lot of the concerns we've gotten through user feedback.
    Now I believe the problem you faced must've had something to do with you opening up the SSH port manually, as SSH is the only port we have open by default and as such the rule may have created some sort of conflict. When customers contact support regarding situations like this we're usually quick to respond and quick to resolve whatever the issue at hand is.
    Lastly, I'd like to offer your money back since you aren't satisfied with our service so I believe it is the only right thing to do in this situation :)

If you can email me at [email protected] I will get this through personally, and as fast as possible.

With love,
    -- Kjartan (Leifur usually manages this account ;)

Sir, this kind of response makes me want to give it another shot. :-) Very nice.

I'll contact you in the next day or two, and if you can just recharge the account - I'll grab another VM (when its available lol).

>

Sir, this kind of response makes me want to give it another shot. :-) Very nice.

I'll contact you in the next day or two, and if you can just recharge the account - I'll grab another VM (when its available lol).

That's great to hear! Send me your KVM Connect ID in DMs and we can recharge it. :D London restock coming soon.

@ralf said:

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-05-06

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Mon May 9 13:52:48 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 5 days, 20 hours, 0 minutes
    Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores : 1 @ 3393.624 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 976.8 MiB
    Swap : 2.0 GiB
    Disk : 19.5 GiB
    Distro : Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
    Kernel : 5.4.0-109-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 60.05 MB/s (15.0k) 115.79 MB/s (1.8k)
    Write 60.19 MB/s (15.0k) 116.40 MB/s (1.8k)
    Total 120.24 MB/s (30.0k) 232.20 MB/s (3.6k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 191.58 MB/s (374) 158.54 MB/s (154)
    Write 201.76 MB/s (394) 169.10 MB/s (165)
    Total 393.35 MB/s (768) 327.65 MB/s (319)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 6.47 Gbits/sec | 5.92 Gbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | busy | 4.45 Gbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 7.22 Gbits/sec | 5.07 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 2.68 Gbits/sec | 973 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 4.12 Gbits/sec | 1.09 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.37 Gbits/sec | 430 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1246
    Multi Core | 1175
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/14806485

Here you have it

Thanked by 2ralf hyperblast
  • afnafn Member

@mows said:
    Why it is so hard to put accepted payment methodes on your website?

+1 Where the hell do you specify the acceptable payment methods!?

Also I used 100% real info + my email and still got denied by your fraud check, so no thanks, if it starts with denial then no, and you make so hard, I see no guarantee I won't be kicked for like using a dynamic IP, or connecting from 4G instead of my usual wifi IP.

Good luck

• Browsing the discord it looks like Iceland will not be offered anymore, can you confirm. @LeifurGunnarsson

• Fraud check.

@allthemtings said:
    Browsing the discord it looks like Iceland will not be offered anymore, can you confirm. @LeifurGunnarsson

Where did you see this? We have not mentioned cancellation of the location at all nor is that in our plans.

@403_Forbidden said:
    Fraud check.

Yes we enable fraud checks. Follow this guide for assistance: https://kubbur.com/knowledgebase/miscellaneous/why-your-account-failed-the-fraudcheck

@afn said:

@mows said:
    Why it is so hard to put accepted payment methodes on your website?

+1 Where the hell do you specify the acceptable payment methods!?

Also I used 100% real info + my email and still got denied by your fraud check, so no thanks, if it starts with denial then no, and you make so hard, I see no guarantee I won't be kicked for like using a dynamic IP, or connecting from 4G instead of my usual wifi IP.

Good luck

Our accepted payment methods are listed in our Terms of Service as they should. If you need any assistance regarding our fraud checks view this guide: https://kubbur.com/knowledgebase/miscellaneous/why-your-account-failed-the-fraudcheck

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Here is my experience:

Best of luck.

the same problem here... i buy to up my new site fast and still without access more than 24 hours...

• Your Discord rocks as much as Fran and LES lol, very prem provider. Just don't know what to use my London box for lol