Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch is ignoring refund now?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch is ignoring refund now?

I don't like to share problem on the public unless I have to. In fact, I love @hosthatch service despite some problems in the past. But this time is different. I paid an overdue payment for $60++ including late fee and support said that those server has been terminated and cannot reactivated again. I'm okay with that and then requesting a refund instead. But, I haven't heard them back for almost 5 days. Do I have to be worried about that?

Because of no answer, I close those ticket above and open another ticket in same department and requesting refund specifically.

Did I make something wrong here? It's really unusual for me because all tickets responded no too long previously, especially refund request. And this time I got my money stuck with no actual service.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2022

uh, double ticket, that is going to cost you money.
    I would suggest you close the second one, before he sends you an invoice.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Neoon said:
    I would suggest you close the second one, before he sends you an invoice.

Personally, I'd open a third, just to be safe. /s

• @Neoon said:

I already close the first one before opening the latter because I read their tos page, requesting a refund must open ticket specifically for refund request. It is in same department. But I don't know if that's double ticket by their perspective.

• Hosthatch is too slow to respond any type of support ticket.

They have a buggy control panel and you can't expect fast support. When I try to re-install my VPS with almalinux, I get an error. But re-install using ubuntu works.

• BetaMasterBetaMaster Member
    edited September 2022

@ravi said:
    Hosthatch is too slow to respond any type of support ticket.

They have a buggy control panel and you can't expect fast support. When I try to re-install my VPS with almalinux, I get an error. But re-install using ubuntu works.

weird thing is, they answer my first ticket fast but when I request a refund no one is answering for almost a week. I pay for nonexistent service in this situation.

• HH support is very slow. Luckily I was able to transfer my VPS. Sometimes it may be 1-2 weeks.

edited September 2022

@pkr said:
    HH support is very slow. Luckily I was able to transfer my VPS. Sometimes it may be 1-2 weeks.

I heard that they refund payment faster than technical support. But not in my case now. So, I'm starting to worry if I made some kind of mistakes.

• @BetaMaster said:

@pkr said:
    HH support is very slow. Luckily I was able to transfer my VPS. Sometimes it may be 1-2 weeks.

I heard that they refund payment faster than technical support. But not in my case now. So, I'm starting to worry if I made some kind of mistakes.

so now we probably know this

transfer > refund >>>>>>>>> tech support

• You wouldn't be entitled to a refund. You paid an invoice owing for a service they're continuing to provide.

You've cost them time and resources and think you're entitled to use more of their support resources? Nope.

• also it's weekend, billing in 99.95% places don't work over weekend

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @TimboJones said:
    You wouldn't be entitled to a refund. You paid an invoice owing for a service they're continuing to provide.

You've cost them time and resources and think you're entitled to use more of their support resources? Nope.

They said themselves that their server has been terminated. I know I forgot and late for paying, but it doesn't mean I pay for nothing, right? I would like to continue the service even I pay for the late fee. But the server is already gone.

• @BetaMaster said:

@TimboJones said:
    You wouldn't be entitled to a refund. You paid an invoice owing for a service they're continuing to provide.

They said themselves that their server has been terminated. I know I forgot and late for paying, but it doesn't mean I pay for nothing, right? I would like to continue the service even I pay for the late fee. But the server is already gone.

Deleted, but a new server would be in your panel after paying the invoice. "Your data" isn't the same as "a VPS".

• @TimboJones said:

@BetaMaster said:

@TimboJones said:

Deleted, but a new server would be in your panel after paying the invoice. "Your data" isn't the same as "a VPS".

There is no new server actually. I ask them to recreate new server, but no reply.

Thanked by 1Liso
  • @ravi said: Hosthatch is too slow to respond any type of support ticket.

wait for weeks to months to get a reply.

• Patience is a virtue worth signaling.

• No, no worry. They won't scam your money.

Come back in 2-3 month

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

Hosthatch support is not too good, and sometimes my vps get broke because their transition to new panel , but what make they better and still like them are no dirty mouth supporter behind them that bashing people just because share our issue and thought on thread, although their price is more competitive

Maybe just wait a little longer

I have a ticket that opened 4 days a go

In my experience they will fast response on another department while on technical they take more time althought they already read and aware of your issue

• Hosthatch are the embodiment of true low end. You aren't supposed to need support like a noob when you pay peanuts. You don't ask for a refund on a small amount of money, you just accept you bought something you don't understand and move on.

• @dahartigan said:
    Hosthatch are the embodiment of true low end. You aren't supposed to need support like a noob when you pay peanuts. You don't ask for a refund on a small amount of money, you just accept you bought something you don't understand and move on.

I don't need support either. As I explain previously, I pay for non-existent service. Not technical support request. So, I think it's normal get money back if server can't be delivered again.

edited September 2022

@Liso said:
    No, no worry. They won't scam your money.

Come back in 2-3

@add_iT said:
    Hosthatch support is not too good, and sometimes my vps get broke because their transition to new panel , but what make they better and still like them are no dirty mouth supporter behind them that bashing people just because share our issue and thought on thread, although their price is more competitive

Hopefully just typical slowness. I have a few servers with them too. Only this time, I totally forgot to pay and thought that by paying it after will get my server reactivated again.

• Anyone know the "push" policy now?

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

@daozhi said:
    Anyone know the "push" policy now?

Just $10 transfer fee

And usually it take 2 or 3 days, 1 day if lucky

• Just file a chargeback. It should not take a customer 3-4 months to get a response to a simple query. It's around 3 o 4 clicks to refund an invoice in WHMCS.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @noobjockeys said:
    Just file a chargeback. It should not take a customer 3-4 months to get a response to a simple query. It's around 3 o 4 clicks to refund an invoice in WHMCS.

Chargeback gonna ends up ugly, not sure if OP want to do that considering he also had other sevices with HH.

Thanked by 2dystopia BetaMaster
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2022

I am willing to bet they will come up with more offers on Black Friday, which people will order like hot bread.

• @default said:
    I am willing to bet they will come up with more offers on Black Friday, which people will order like hot bread.

I hope so but after the drama threads since why would they bother?

• @Liso said: Chargeback gonna ends up ugly, not sure if OP want to do that considering he also had other sevices with HH.

Then you just file a chargeback for those services if they terminate them due to the original chargeback.

People need to stop pussy footing around HH, they provide shit support that is as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

• @noobjockeys said:

@Liso said: Chargeback gonna ends up ugly, not sure if OP want to do that considering he also had other sevices with HH.

Then you just file a chargeback for those services if they terminate them due to the original chargeback.

People need to stop pussy footing around HH, they provide shit support that is as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

what is a chocolate fireguard?

anyway most peeps go for multi year plans so no possible chargeback beyond 180days.

Thanked by 1BetaMaster
  • @cybertech said: anyway most peeps go for multi year plans so no possible chargeback beyond 180days.

>

Most people will experience the shit support within 180 days so fully entitled to chargeback. HH should have a big banner on their homepage saying, NO SUPPORT.

A chocolate fireguard is a firefighter made of chocolate.

• I guess the boss is sunbathing in Miami.