Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach Ticket Response + 20 days So Far - Your experience?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hello, I have a small VPS with Virmach that had an installation of Cloudmin. With no notice to me, the IP changed and my service disappeared. I opened a ticket with them 20+ days ago. No response so far. What is a typical wait time? Anyone aware of any method to escalate? The Virmach ticket system will not let me supplement my ticket with a request for a status update. Can you pay extra to get a faster response? I think at this point, I would be willing to pay.

I also know that I could wipe what is installed at the current IP and reinstall. But, I am hoping maybe my installation is somewhere and can be recovered.

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited August 2022

@MTUser2012 said:
    IP changed and my service disappeared

If you have service on a new IP, your service did not disappear.

@MTUser2012 said:
    What is a typical wait time?

120 days.

@MTUser2012 said:
    Can you pay extra to get a faster response?

Priority department, $15 per ticket.

Thanked by 2MTUser2012 dedicados
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Virmach has problems right now with their Ryzen upgrade and DC changes, I thik they respond quickly on LES forums

• ~20 days? That's not worth opening new topic. Response time @VirMach is now counted in months (if not years)...

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Your server had Ryzened... Maybe you can check SolusVM and connect by VNC?

• they didn't answer my ticket and my VPS has been offline since July..

• DevasDevas Member
    edited September 2022

20 days? Haha, that's 20 minutes ago for them. I have an open ticket from 7th April (since when all my services have been offline) without any reply. I've given up on them, one service already expired, and the two remaining ones will expire in November. I believe they are actively looking to push clients out... in my case, quite successfully.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited September 2022

@netomx said:
    Virmach has problems right now with their Ryzen upgrade and DC changes, I thik they respond quickly on LES forums

not really, they only give updates (if any) there and sporadic response.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2022

@netomx said:

How many forums are we talking about?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Cancel the service and move on. Find a realible provider.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • VoidVoid Member
    edited September 2022

@MTUser2012 said:
    I opened a ticket with them 20+ days ago. No response so far. What is a typical wait time?

Mostly a few months or years and with all that is going on now, maybe never.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@MTUser2012 said:

To answer this question, I would say that you must be "Living under a rock" if asking this about virmach.

• they dont answer tickets.
    at all.
    never.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited September 2022

@vyas11 said:

@netomx said:

How many forums are we talking about?

People often say "forums" rather than just "forum". This dates back to some older forum software where each separate board was sometimes referred to as a "forum", and you'd have multiple boards on a single site. Vanilla (and others like Discourse) dropped boards in favour of lighter-weight categories so I guess it's not really relevant any more.

Thanked by 2vyas11 netomx
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Sanjue007 said:
    Cancel the service and move on. Find a realible provider.

It’s not the answer to the OP issue, if it’s unmanaged service so understandable that noting to do with customer software or settings issues on VM, but the issue is caused by incompetent provider migration, customer was in US datacentre and end up in Netherlands / Nigeria / Iraq or if someone reinstall OS will cause loosing IP or network on VM. I don’t think anyone will be happy with such service.

Priority department, $15 per ticket.

Why to pay for a response? If the issue with their service

Thanked by 1titus
  • titustitus Member
    edited September 2022

I have many small VM with them, and probably i'm lucky because at the moment all of my VPS online and reachable. So I'm happy about it. But the migration process was problematic (with lot of error, slowly handled backend issues, random node reboots, not enough information etc). I was able to solve 1-2 problem with LET community help only (thx!). I hope, they will be able to restore all services and reputation, because I like my small VM's from them.

If someone follow the user responses on LET (I tried it), then visible: their ticket supports is very bad long time ago (slow, unhandled issues, merged different tickets into one). If something goes wrong (from provider side), the end user can feel alone himself with his problem. Probably they started a lot of changes in a short time, with a small team. (New location, new DC's, migration processes, own equipment usage instead renting them, maybe dispute with their old DC). They try to do a lot of things with automatisation (ticket handling etc), but lot of problem is unique, and stay unhandled without manual, human support. And looks like they stopped the communication here too. So my feeling is very mixed about that's all. But I try to "trust in the future" :)

They have answered my tickets

• @netomx said:
    They have answered my tickets

Mod privileges

• Average ticket response time is 6-9 months. 20 days is virtually 5 minutes ago.

• sean456sean456 Member
    edited September 2022
    • Suspension
    • No Refund
    • InNode Usage
    • High Recurrent
    Thanked by 1vpsguy
  • @dahartigan said:
    Average ticket response time is 6-9 months. 20 days is virtually 5 minutes ago.

your waiting time has been doubled

Thanked by 2alilet skorous
  • @vyas11 said:

@dahartigan said:

Send bobs for faster response.

Thanked by 3Alireza vyas11 hostdare
  • @dahartigan said:

@vyas11 said:

@dahartigan said:

Send bobs for faster response.

Send responses for faster bobs

Thanked by 2hostdare dahartigan
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@MTUser2012 said:
    Hello, I have a small VPS with Virmach that had an installation of Cloudmin. With no notice to me, the IP changed and my service disappeared. I opened a ticket with them 20+ days ago. No response so far. What is a typical wait time? Anyone aware of any method to escalate? The Virmach ticket system will not let me supplement my ticket with a request for a status update. Can you pay extra to get a faster response? I think at this point, I would be willing to pay.

I also know that I could wipe what is installed at the current IP and reinstall. But, I am hoping maybe my installation is somewhere and can be recovered.

Dont worry, your data should be safe, they run image level backups every so often.

• @BharatB said:

@MTUser2012 said:

Dont worry, your data should be safe, they run image level backups every so often.

What? I've seen no where advertising regular backups for free. Where is this in writing?

@jmaxwell said: Mod privileges

hahaha it was an automated-closing reply

• @TimboJones said:

@BharatB said:

@MTUser2012 said:

What? I've seen no where advertising regular backups for free. Where is this in writing?

Sarcasm probably

• huffaudreadshuffaudreads Member
    edited September 2022

@netomx said:

Virmach left lowendtalk

It is damaging lowendtalk's reputation and hurting many users

Many servers are out of service for months,

I think Virmach account should be banned,

Thanked by 1iqbal
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited September 2022

@huffaudreads said:

@netomx said:
    Virmach has problems right now with their Ryzen upgrade and DC changes

Virmach left lowendtalk

It is damaging lowendtalk's reputation and hurting many users

Many servers are out of service for months,

I think Virmach account should be banned,

not gonna happen, Virmach payed $200

Thanked by 1cold
  • We all know vir only close tickets, what are you expecting?

• Virmach the only provider who can get away with hundred unanswered ticket