Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers that increase or going to increase prices
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers that increase or going to increase prices

Can you list which providers have increased or will increase prices due to energy costs or other reasons?

I already know:

1) Hetzner: https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/price-adjustment/

2) DigitalOcean: https://www.digitalocean.com/try/new-pricing

Thanked by 1default

Comments

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

Energy prices?

3) everyone; atleast in EU till or after beginning 2023. Not later then Q2/2023.

• Anyone want to list the petrol stations that have increased their prices or will increase their prices?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2022

Can we also have a list of providers which increase salaries of employees, due to electricity pricing increasing for their homes and families?

How will the employee afford to pay for idling servers, if the idling server increases in price?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@CyberCr33p said: Can you list which providers have increased or will increase prices due to energy costs or other reasons?

• @default said:
    Can we also have a list of providers which increase salaries of employees, due to electricity pricing increasing for their homes and families?

How will the employee afford to pay for idling servers, if the idling server increases in price?

pfp matches out

• emgemg Veteran
    edited August 2022

Webline Services increased their prices this year. That is what drove me to sign up for another VPS this year. I still have the VPS with Webline Services, but after the price increase I will let it expire next Spring.

For the nostalgic:
    That VPS originally came from "YDGH", which belonged to member @Corey. "YDGH" stood for "your domain goes here". I have had that VPS for about 10 years.

Thanked by 3luissousa Corey kidrock
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@default said: Can we also have a list of providers which increase salaries of employees, due to electricity pricing increasing for their homes and families?

Probably all of them. I mean, is there anyone working in the industry who is making the same amount as they were last year?

Most employees don't become more and more productive year after year. Wage increases are for inflation.

• @raindog308 said:

Most employees don't become more and more productive year after year. Wage increases are for inflation.

I disagree. I have employees who are MUCH more valuable at their jobs after a year, two years... 10 years.... they know the organization and the people - that experience simply can't be replaced indiscriminately for the wage we paid them when they started. Their increases are to retain them because they're worth more to the organization today than they were when they started.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

DEFT (aka ServerCentral) is raising prices 8% starting October 1st, 2022:

Dear Customer,

At Deft, we want all of our customers to have everything you need, exactly when you need it. Even if it means personally driving a 260-pound router from airport to airport for an overnight install. We’ll quite literally do whatever it takes to keep your business running.

To continue to deliver on that promise in the current market, we need to increase our rates. Starting on October 1, 2022, with the exception of network services, all monthly recurring colocation and managed services will see an 8% price increase, and our data center on-demand support rates will rise to $220/hour.

These increases are the result of several factors — rising energy and materials costs, inflation, and a tight labor market driving up the cost of talent. These adjustments will ensure you continue to experience the high levels of diligence, expertise, and empathy you’ve come to expect from Deft.

As I write, we’re taking what we’ve heard from you and others and investing in our business. We’re adding to our data centers, building out our software development team, expanding our management services, and broadening our digital transformation expertise — all to meet and exceed your high expectations. As we work to remain your trusted partner for infrastructure strategy and execution, we’ll continue to reach out for insights on where we can improve.

Halfway through 2022, we have more energy than ever to tackle your toughest problems. I’m excited to show you how we will continue to deliver on the promise of technology for our customers. It’s a privilege to play a role in helping your company grow, and I hope Deft will continue to have a hand in your success for years to come.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please reach out to me directly.

Jordan Lowe
    Chief Executive Officer | Deft

• kazawikikazawiki Member
    edited August 2022

To continue to deliver on that promise in the current market, we need to increase our rates. Starting on October 1, 2022, with the exception of network services, all monthly recurring colocation and managed services will see an 8% price increase, and our data center on-demand support rates will rise to $220/hour.

$220/hour for remote hands? Insane

Thanked by 1miu

@kazawiki said:

$220/hour for remote hands? Insane

And that is "inexpensive" compared to Equinix rates.

• jtkjtk Member

Since March, I've also seen pricing updates from:

• ServerAstra
    • Hostens
    • Dediserve
    • DigitalOcean
    • FDCServers
    • TurnKey Internet
    • Leaseweb

Some have annually increased prices at roughly the same rate (e.g., Leaseweb). Dediserve was the largest I've seen at 19.5% for some services. Many more have not announced any price increases.

• Hmm... Will cPanel / WHMCS also increase price as usual?

• @default said:
    Hmm... Will cPanel / WHMCS also increase price as usual?

Of course. Electricity went up on their shared hosting lol

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

Hostslick too (Mar 29, 2022), but only for dedi and colo services so far. Price for dedicated servers increased for 9 euros.
    All others services like Shared and VPS Hosting are not affected (yet). <-- "yet" part is from their mail, not my addon :)

With price increase they doubled bandwidth for all dedi clients: "Since Bandwidth does not put the cost up for us like Power and being said, we have more capacity then used to cover everything, we will now offer double bandwidth on all Dedicated Servers."

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

Time4VPS announced their price hikes on July 19.

Hello,

Time4VPS would like to announce the upcoming price changes.
    At the beginning of 2022, we changed our prices for new orders, the old packages were not changed at the time. Starting 22nd August 2022, Time4VPS will adjust the old prices of the rest packages to match the actual prices.

The changes will affect all VPS packages; you can review their regular, current prices on our website, based on which billing cycle you use:

https://www.time4vps.com/

Until 22nd August, you have time to renew and prolong your servers with your existing cost. You can check the article below to see how to renew your service manually:

https://www.time4vps.com/knowledgebase/how-to-manually-renew-services/

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2022

@Mumbly said: With price increase they doubled bandwidth for all dedi clients: "Since Bandwidth does not put the cost up for us like Power and being said, we have more capacity then used to cover everything, we will now offer double bandwidth on all Dedicated Servers."

Sounds like a way for the company to try and show a compromise.

There's a great Korean BBQ restaurant near me that has increased their menu pricing by 20%. They've increased the quantity of the food (definitely not 20% more) to a point where it's trying to justify/recognize that everyone's hurting.

But damn. They have some of the highest quality beef around.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @HalfEatenPie said: Sounds like a way for the company to try and show a compromise.

Yes, that's why in all fairness I highlighted this important part from their long mail.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@Mumbly said:
    Hostslick too (Mar 29, 2022), but only for dedi and colo services so far. Price for dedicated servers increased for 9 euros.
    All others services like Shared and VPS Hosting are not affected (yet). <-- "yet" part is from their mail, not my addon :)

With price increase they doubled bandwidth for all dedi clients: "Since Bandwidth does not put the cost up for us like Power and being said, we have more capacity then used to cover everything, we will now offer double bandwidth on all Dedicated Servers."

Yes but obviously there may be another increase for dedis and colo as power prices may Raise again drastically. We will see October in DC2 and April for DC1

We will however review deep Discount dedis first and maybe only increase those. There is still good demand on servers at normal price. I think that may already re-coup the thousands of €€ per month extra cost the Power price increase will cost us (if it is the Power price I expect. We made calculations already and plans to protect ourself from this crisis)

Will see.
    I played and calculated trough few scenarios.
    But it will not he massive or worrying

And maybe we will just suck it up. It all depends of the amount of increase. We will see as said.

@jbiloh said: DEFT (aka ServerCentral)

Oh SC's got a new name?

When did that happen?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@default said:
    Hmm... Will cPanel / WHMCS also increase price as usual?

yes, normally in Jan.

Are you aware by pre-paying service in advance, example: 6 months/1 Year, possible to keep the price till service renewal (subject to providers terms and conditions)

• is everyone forgetting inflation after covid?

Thanked by 1WebProject

@DP said:

@jbiloh said: DEFT (aka ServerCentral)

Oh SC's got a new name?

When did that happen?

ServerCentral a few years ago merged with the Turing Group and became ServerCentral Turing Group. Then in May 2021 they renamed to DEFT.

Thanked by 1DP
  • Are you thinking about increasing your prices?

@servarica_hani @hosthatch @VirMach @Francisco @terrahost @perennate @jar @MikePT @Abd @dustinc @FlorinMarian

[trying to find some opinions]

• Sad thing about this is that they wont decrease prices if/when the price of electricity goes down

• @default said: Are you thinking about increasing your prices?

Why would they tell their strategic plans in public, this only serves their direct competitors.
    Also, don't give them ideas :)

There are many "hidden ways" to increase prices without actually changing the numbers.
    Such as, ignoring Moore's law and keep the same specs for many years ahead, etc.
    Remember that a decade ago we used to say that a 1GB vps for $7 was a good deal?

Thanked by 1vimalware

@default said: [trying to find some opinions]

Should've been "[asking for a friend]" :smiley:

• @luckypenguin said:

@default said: Are you thinking about increasing your prices?

Why would they tell their strategic plans in public, this only serves their direct competitors.
    Also, don't give them ideas :)

Just like providers calculate profits, consumers calculate budgets. Being open and honest about your prices is important to see where the low-end market is going and why.

So far it seems electricity drives the prices up like crazy, and I would be lying to just put a mask on and appear like somehow I manage to ignore the situation and the mess we are in.

Hell no! I am deeply concerned about energy prices.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited August 2022

All of them, especially low-end hosts, and especially in the EU due to the electricity prices.

Providers need to at least keep up with inflation, otherwise they're effectively getting paid less money (well, same money but it has less buying power) year-over-year for the same product. Low-end hosts have much smaller margins than non-lowend hosts, so increases will be more noticeable.

In the USA at least, inflation has been quite high. $7 in January 2020 had the same buying power as $8.04 today. (https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm)

Some costs (like electricity) are increasing far more than inflation, which makes it worse.

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@default said:
    Are you thinking about increasing your prices?
    [trying to find some opinions]

We just increased by 10% on July 1st. Have not planned anything else at the moment.

Our electricity cost in our Norway datacenter June 21 vs June 22 is at a 500% increase.. But we are doing okay right now but its really eating into our profits for sure, even with the 10% increase.

Thanked by 1default