Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers that increase or going to increase prices - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers that increase or going to increase prices

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@kendid said:
    Dataideas ( @DataIdeas-Josh ) is increasing their prices. They did give an email well in advance, but didn't really state how much of an increase.

My small VPS price just increased 10x (from $3 to $30). The service has been great, but for that price I'll move on. I realize they have to increase prices to stay in business, it's just a little too much of an increase for me.

Thanks for the years of great service!

You do realize that it didn't increase 10x... You are just now paying normal pricing and were on a special.

Similar multiplications has been used on our price increase thread too to make it look like we increased prices more than we did, for long term signups and/or first term specials.

Albeit, admittedly we did increase our prices A LOT for the lowest priced ones, all of which were breakeven or at loss even before energy crisis, and now would definitely be at tremendous loss. average seedbox user share is 13.37W @ 0.46€/kWh -- 4,51€/Month, and it's even worse on the low cost entry level options which use older HW -- Those who got a long term offer are getting right now a killer deal and we are taking an insane loss for all of them.

@rcy026 said: Finland are building new nuclear, but a lot of countries such as Germany and Sweden are shutting them down

Olkiluoto 3 is like more than a decade late, then another project was cooperation with Russians so that's in a bit of a limbo right now. Guess who delivered the nuclear bits and made it more than a decade late, and one of the most expensive buildings in human history? FRENCH!

Old plants are getting really old now, we need like 5 new nuclear plants to replace the old ones.

@jiggawattz said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Indeed, govts will never allow deflation to occur long term. That would be "anti-tax", where as inflation is actually a form of taxing everything, including wealth.

Persistent deflation is worse for an economy than high inflation. It kills investment because it is better to keep cash and decreases consumption because you know you can get it cheaper tomorrow. The ideal is low inflation i.e. 1-2% and of course salaries which rise higher because of increased productivity.

That indeed is the prevalent economic theory. But deflation of 1-2% or even 10% is neglible compared to real business investments which ought to yield more than 10% per annum, since S&P500 grows by an average of 8-10% annually.

Inflation allows for stupid investments, in deflation you would only invest smartly. People would stay on same company longer because their relative earnings increase year over year, and previous investments if price stable return would yield annually more.

It's wholly different if deflationary, and since there is no attempts at deflation since that would be negative tax rate for govt held funds // pre-existing non-monetary wealth ...

Look beyond govt. propaganda, and things start looking different :) Truth is that no one knows how a actual deflationary economy would actually look like in long term. Inflation is in the best interests of the existing powers, especially those who get to print the money since it's all an extra tax including tax on wealth kept in currency. (FIAT != money)

@Setsura said: we already experienced an 85% increase in our electricity costs, without affecting your invoice. Unfortunately, the current geopolitical situation suggests that energy prices will continue to rise in 2023.

Surprisingly small rise for them, then again France has a lot of nuclear. Ours is ~480% since July ...

Thanked by 1ralf
  • But deflation of 1-2% or even 10% is neglible compared to real business investments which ought to yield more than 10% per annum, since S&P500 grows by an average of 8-10% annually.

No, if a government or central bank takes any action which causes deflation, then consumer spending will be decreasing and so will the value of your S&P 500 stocks.

Deflation is only good when technology and market competition are driving down prices.

@jiggawattz said:

But deflation of 1-2% or even 10% is neglible compared to real business investments which ought to yield more than 10% per annum, since S&P500 grows by an average of 8-10% annually.

No, if a government or central bank takes any action which causes deflation, then consumer spending will be decreasing and so will the value of your S&P 500 stocks.

Deflation is only good when technology and market competition are driving down prices.

Initial reaction sure yes, but no one knows long term and afterall it is long term which matters at all, short term is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited October 2022

Long term deflation usually correlates with a contracting economy and high unemployment, yes.

Thanked by 1ralf

@jiggawattz said:
    Long term deflation usually correlates with a contracting economy and high unemployment, yes.

"usually", under current economic policies of trying to drive inflation as much as possible ...

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

@jiggawattz said:

@rustelekom said:

The EU bureaucracy is just crazy people, just like their politics. A few years ago, they set a goal to switch to green energy and closed many nuclear power plants,

No, they set a goal to increase renewables which is sensible. EU doesn't have a position on nuclear. Germany decided to close nuclear power plants after Fukushima (and this was a democratic decision against what Chancellor Merkel wanted) but other EU states are building them.

As far as i could recall EC issued directive with recommendation to stop using nuclear plant in near future. Renewables energy is okay but it cannot yet replace traditional resources.

replaced long-term oil and gas contracts with Russia with spot contracts, and this increased the cost of resources. This happened before 2022.

No, they were overpaying while tied to long-term contracts. For example, Poland signed 15-year deals with Russian energy companies for gas and they were grossly overpaying after 2014. Spot prices make sense, and now it is obvious that EU countries need to stop buying from RU altogether.

The contract is contract and if you sign it you should execute it even if you think that terms is not suitable for you. The Poland show better loyer work and therefore Russia fail to win in court. But, this does not mean that Poland do not use Russian gas. They just order it from Germany.

When the EU imposes a lot of sanctions against Russia and starts an economic war against Russia, it certainly increases the cost of everything, because Russia and the EU have established many economic ties, and they are all now disconnected by the EU.

No, EU just needs to invest in LNG terminals and nuclear power. Nuclear is green energy, by the way, as it emits the same amount of carbon as wind and spent nuclear fuel is recyclable.

Haha, we call this like "переобулся на ходу" - no, you are wrong. Nuclear begin call as "Green" in Europe only in this year.

Problem is that it is not so good when there are terrible accidents, as might be the case very soon near Zaporizhzhya. Germans care about the health of their own people in their densely populated country, whereas Russians have 30% of the world's natural resources, still run an asbestos industry and probably go blind or die from alcoholism before any other health problems matter.

If you may have noticed, I have never called either European citizens or even Ukrainians idiots. Nevertheless, the indigenous citizens of Europe call another nation stupid, rapist, and so on. Before you say anything about Russian alcoholism, just check https://www.abbeycarefoundation.com/alcohol/alcoholism-by-country-statistics/#t-1618713296309 for example, and you will see that this is again a Western myth.

Regards Zaporizhzhya nuclear plant - that is Ukraine government decision to make it unsafe. And this is very good show that Ukraine government do not think about their own nation - they are only want to be main troublemaker for Russia and get money from West for this. For their own pockets. Zelensky is not Salvador Allende and he will not protect his capital with AK47. He will gone away into USA with many your bucks.

PS. Sorry guys, I posted the message here only because Russia was mentioned as the source of your problem, which is not true.

• ITLDC also increased their pricing:

Plus: Stripe payment gateway disappeared for me, they billing extra 'payment gateway fee' for PayPal payments.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Got an email today regarding UPS jacking up their rates.
    While not a provider for our industry I'm sure a load of people here still use them for shipping.

"The rates for UPS® Ground, UPS Air and International will increase an average net 6.9%.
    • UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico will increase an average net 6.2%."

• @rustelekom said: If you may have noticed, I have never called either European citizens or even Ukrainians idiots.

So far in this thread, you are the only one who has typed this word...

• "PRICE ADJUSTMENTS", have you ever heard those two words together and saw prices decrease ? I will drop some of my ovh services that I don't use regularly.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@rustelekom Please keep the usual politics in the Russia vs Ukraine thread, this is not the correct venue.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

BorgBase won't increase any prices. Our colo in the US didn't go up (yet) and we own most hardware there anyways.

I'll still increase prices for my various hourly clients, I occasionally do work for. They didn't see a price increase in 5 years or so. Time for a little adjustment.

• ralfralf Member
    edited October 2022

@rustelekom said:
    Before you say anything about Russian alcoholism, just check https://www.abbeycarefoundation.com/alcohol/alcoholism-by-country-statistics/#t-1618713296309 for example, and you will see that this is again a Western myth.

I wonder if you actually read any of the links you post.

This specifically says that the country with the highest percentage of the population with alcohol dependence problems, for both males and females, is Russia.

1. Russia - male 16.29%, female 2.58%

That's 1 in 6 males have a medically defined problem with alcohol dependence. That is a lot. Compare to the UK, for instance where it's 1 in 16 - still a lot, as far as I'm concerned.

Sure, it's not the highest in terms of absolute amount of alcohol consumed per capita, it's only 6th in the world, at almost double the world average. All this shows is that in 5 other country (Belarus, Lithuania, Grenada, Czech Republic and France all beat Russia), a lower percentage of people have alcohol problems, but those that do have problems drink more than a Russian with alcohol problems. Either way, I'm not sure only being 6th in this category is something to be proud of.

But anyway, why did you bring up alcoholism?

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

@ralf said:

It was reply to @jiggawattz.

• @LTniger said:
    How many of you think that when electricity price eventually go down, service prices also go down? :) Zero, null, nada.

Supply and demand and capitalism. I'm seeing more and more talk about bringing shit back in-house from the cloud after companies found out it's more expensive and less flexible than their own solution. There was also a shift towards only building DC's in better hosting environments (energy and cooling wise), so they'll be more popular than ever before.

Also, less PC sales means cheaper prices and density going up... so yeah, prices should come back down.

• @ralf said:

Russia #1!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Equinix Amsterdam is raising prices January 1st about 20 percent mid contract. Rate increase is approximately $100 per kva.

• p much all eu providers, hetzner most likely too

• kazawikikazawiki Member
    edited October 2022

@bandito said:
    p much all eu providers, hetzner most likely too

Hetzner raised the price already. Server auctions are not much affected it seems

• Got an email from Scaleway, they are rising their prices by 10% on most of their products.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

We added +15% for each service as an energy fee, which dropped to +12% and going to drop much more again. We kept base prices the same. If prices will back to a normal level, we will remove this additional fee.
    We mentioned to all our customers that it is temporary and will be resolved. We are building our own solar plant, so we will be able to keep low prices in a long term.

• @bacloud said:
    We added +15% for each service as an energy fee, which dropped to +12% and going to drop much more again. We kept base prices the same. If prices will back to a normal level, we will remove this additional fee.

Wow, great way of doing things. I don't have any services with you, but this definitely seems like the best approach, and the clearest to the customer what's going on.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@bacloud said:
    We are building our own solar plant

Do you mean a DC based 100% on solar energy? Where do you build it? When will it be ready?

• @LTniger said:
    How many of you think that when electricity price eventually go down, service prices also go down? :) Zero, null, nada.

agree

• I usually refer to Contabo for cheap price, they also increased their price.

As I am writing this comment, they forgot to update the price in the comparison section with other providers.

• Kimsufi is increasing price from December 1

Dear Customer,

Following on from our previous communications, we are writing to confirm the prices applicable from 01 December 2022 for your Bare Metal services. You will find the revised pricing chart in your local currency, in the below list.

These new prices will apply from 01 December onwards, for both manual and automatic renewal:

To active services with no commitment, from the next billing date ;
    To active services with a commitment, at the end of the commitment period (you will find this date on your bills, or in the OVHcloud Control Panel).
    Service name Description Previous
    price*
    (ex. VAT) New
    price*
    (ex. VAT) New
    price*
    (incl. VAT) Application
    date**
    ns******.ip-**--***.net KS-7 Server - Intel i3 2130 - 8Go DDR3 1333 MHZ - 2To - 1 month 8.99 € 9.89 € 11.67 € 2022-12-01

• Prices displayed in the list above exclude special offers.
      ** Please note that any change to your subscription period will result in the new price being applied immediately.

For more information on these price adjustments, please refer to our FAQ. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your account manager or customer support.

To manage or upgrade your services (e.g. modification, renewal, cancellation), go to the OVHcloud Control Panel. You can find the applicable general and specific conditions in the OVHcloud Control Panel, and on the OVHcloud website, in the Contracts section.

Thank you for choosing OVHcloud.

The OVHcloud Team

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Oles, said no KS1 hike, bleh.

KS-1 Server - Intel ATOM N2800 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - 1x 1To HDD - 6 months $5.99 USD $6.59 USD $6.59 USD

• @Luke007 said:
    Kimsufi is increasing price from December 1

Dear Customer,

Following on from our previous communications, we are writing to confirm the prices applicable from 01 December 2022 for your Bare Metal services. You will find the revised pricing chart in your local currency, in the below list.

These new prices will apply from 01 December onwards, for both manual and automatic renewal:

To active services with a commitment, at the end of the commitment period (you will find this date on your bills, or in the OVHcloud Control Panel).
    price*
    (ex. VAT) New
    price*
    (ex. VAT) New
    price*
    (incl. VAT) Application
    date**
    ns******.ip-**--***.net KS-7 Server - Intel i3 2130 - 8Go DDR3 1333 MHZ - 2To - 1 month 8.99 € 9.89 € 11.67 € 2022-12-01

** Please note that any change to your subscription period will result in the new price being applied immediately.

For more information on these price adjustments, please refer to our FAQ. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your account manager or customer support.

To manage or upgrade your services (e.g. modification, renewal, cancellation), go to the OVHcloud Control Panel. You can find the applicable general and specific conditions in the OVHcloud Control Panel, and on the OVHcloud website, in the Contracts section.

The OVHcloud Team

I was planning on renewing for 12 months after black friday to lock in the old price, but some wording there is making me wonder whether this is going to be possible...

"Please note that any change to your subscription period will result in the new price being applied immediately."

Not sure what the difference is between their definition of "commitment" and "subscription period"

• @darkimmortal said:

@Luke007 said:
    Kimsufi is increasing price from December 1

Dear Customer,

price*
    (ex. VAT) New
    price*
    (ex. VAT) New
    price*
    (incl. VAT) Application
    date**

The OVHcloud Team

I was planning on renewing for 12 months after black friday to lock in the old price, but some wording there is making me wonder whether this is going to be possible...

"Please note that any change to your subscription period will result in the new price being applied immediately."

Not sure what the difference is between their definition of "commitment" and "subscription period"

this most likely is to distinguish between stuff on auto renewal as well as things where you "committed" to a yearly or six month contract but might still be billed on smaller periods.

the best way to read it probably is: whenever your next bill/payment is coming up, it's gonna be the new pricing.

if you didn't renew by now to lock in old pricing, your chance might be gone. you can simply try and see what it will put there. if you still see the old pricing, go get it. pretty sure it won't hold for another month.