Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KUBBUR.com - €5/mo Unmetered 10Gbps KVM with DDoS Protection

Comments

• isaraisara Member

Awesome, do you allow Tor relay/exit?

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited July 2022

@Chuck said:
    Why wouldn't amazon and google become your resellers? Because their bandwidth costs an arm and a leg.

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

@isara said:
    Awesome, do you allow Tor relay/exit?

Not on the currently available locations, no.

• Fraud check failed. Please enter correct details or contact support if you're having issues.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@yanling said:
    ... or contact support if you're having issues.

Wrong address. Try again!

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Is this just dead? Hasn’t been possible to order for over 6 weeks and google says permanently closed, sus

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@allthemtings said:
    Is this just dead? Hasn’t been possible to order for over 6 weeks and google says permanently closed, sus

Last I heard from @LeifurGunnarsson, I don't think they even have stock yet.

• @DP said:

@allthemtings said:
    Is this just dead? Hasn’t been possible to order for over 6 weeks and google says permanently closed, sus

Last I heard from @LeifurGunnarsson, I don't think they even have stock yet.

I know but several different time estimates have been thrown out and we’re now in mid July with nothing, no one on discord seems to know everything either (staff included) and after a google search it says permanently closed. Just seems abit of a strange way to operate

• ralfralf Member

@allthemtings said:
    Just seems abit of a strange way to operate

Not really. If they're making a profit from the current customers, that's a win.

If they have capacity, they obviously have some servers that are empty or partially empty, so they'd be making a loss on those servers.

Obviously, the more servers you have, the less impact on revenue a single empty server would have, but probably the bigger you are, the more you'd want to provision at one time, so it probably actually ends up about the same overall percentage wise.

And of course, if they expand too soon, they'll end up with too few staff to properly support all the current customers.

So, expanding at a sustainable pace isn't a bad idea for their business at all.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

seems UK out of stock

edited July 2022

@allthemtings said: I know but several different time estimates have been thrown out and we’re now in mid July with nothing, no one on discord seems to know everything either (staff included) and after a google search it says permanently closed. Just seems abit of a strange way to operate

We're waiting for our new rack to be available, we've made this clear in our discord.

• @allthemtings said:
    and google says permanently closed, sus

The address listed is one of those virtual address things, I'd bet a previous company there closed/moved and confused Google.

@MallocVoidstar said:

@allthemtings said:

The address listed is one of those virtual address things, I'd bet a previous company there closed/moved and confused Google.

We just moved to a new profile for our new address and all, so we had to 'permanently close' the other one. Hope we can just delete it.

• adjayaadjaya Member

HBD

• emghemgh Member

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@MallocVoidstar said:

@allthemtings said:

We just moved to a new profile for our new address and all, so we had to 'permanently close' the other one. Hope we can just delete it.

Not the best way to handle a GMB if that’s what we’re talking about.

Thanked by 1mikewazar
  • Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member

It's nearly August now, and there are still no updates on Icelandic servers...

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@Ed_Chd said:

They are on ice.. to be served ice cold in the hot weather some folks are experiencing.

• deloridelori Member

Unfortunately, I was lucky enough to see this new post a few months ago, but forgot about it. Is there a 5 euro US or UK VPS? When will the goods be replenished? In addition, what are the features and characteristics of Icelandic VPS? Is it unique because of Iceland? Still?

@Ed_Chd said:

We've been getting things ready, the latest update I can give is that per our contract our rack is online from the 1st of August, and the majority of our transit on the 2nd.

Whether we deploy clients with DDoS protection immediately (we'd have to wait some time for that, expect 2-3 weeks to ship the mitigation gear and set everything up), or allow orders to be placed without it is the question. If you're looking for something immediately and can spare the lack of DDoS mitigation for the first few weeks, then we can have something up around the 2nd.

Leifur.

Thanked by 1Ed_Chd

@delori said:
    Unfortunately, I was lucky enough to see this new post a few months ago, but forgot about it. Is there a 5 euro US or UK VPS? When will the goods be replenished? In addition, what are the features and characteristics of Icelandic VPS? Is it unique because of Iceland? Still?

We offer a €5/mo VPS in the UK and in the US. London restock is coming, we're just waiting on our new rack. New York is later on.

Regarding Iceland, I'm very happy you asked that question; Iceland is known for privacy, and being remote.

Our laws make it so that the provider is not liable for hosted content and jurisdiction makes it so that only the Icelandic government and whoever it authorises can remove content or seize it, but that hasn't happened in a quite a few years.

Furthermore, the amount of personally identifiable information we have to collect on our customers is minimal and unnecessary collection is very frowned upon or borderline illegal.

Leifur.

Thanked by 1sliix
  • deloridelori Member

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@delori said:

We offer a €5/mo VPS in the UK and in the US. London restock is coming, we're just waiting on our new rack. New York is later on.

Regarding Iceland, I'm very happy you asked that question; Iceland is known for privacy, and being remote.

Our laws make it so that the provider is not liable for hosted content and jurisdiction makes it so that only the Icelandic government and whoever it authorises can remove content or seize it, but that hasn't happened in a quite a few years.

Furthermore, the amount of personally identifiable information we have to collect on our customers is minimal and unnecessary collection is very frowned upon or borderline illegal.

Leifur.

Thank you very much for your reply! By the way, the us speed file website seems to be down.

Thanked by 1LeifurGunnarsson
  • @LeifurGunnarsson There seems to be something wrong with the site and I can't sign up.

• a lot of babble and no vps!

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited August 2022

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ZsWfqCxHy51CxII2HsbQdT0fmGrh_si/view - London migration

TLDR: We have to move to a new rack with Path.net and now have a new IP range. Two days expected downtime.

• when is restock and order system back online?

• waiting for london stock, thanks

• Monthly Iceland Progress Inquiry

• is Kubbur on autopilot now?

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Hmmm I have been considering as well but waiting indefinitely