Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch is it still alive?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch is it still alive?

I have been trying to get a good reliable VPS in singapore. After 2 weeks of researching I decided to try out Hosthatch, and see that many LET users here have positive feedback on them as well.

So 3 days ago, I purchased a small vps 4gb to test out using paypal. For some reason, Paypal put the order on pending but after few hours the payment did go through. So i Open up a ticket to Hosthatch and they replied that the money is not receive through their end.

I messaged Paypal help center, and they called me on my cell. explaining that the money has already been paid to Hosthatch.

But my ticket remains silent with no reply. Opened second ticket. Then third ticket hours later. No reply after 10 hours for all of my ticket. My VPS still not active and no support is interested to inform of whats going on.

How is your experience with Hosthatch?

Sorry if my english is not that good. But hope you get the point.

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Paid? Not received service? Support ignorant? If all checks -> instantiate chargeback.

/thread

Thanked by 2noobjockeys TODO
  • And i kept receiving email from them saying the invoice is overdue!

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@safiedin said: How is your experience with Hosthatch?

Their services are fine as long as they're up and running but it's not uncommon to wait weeks or even months for a ticket response. They'll get back to you eventually.

• drizbodrizbo Member

I have very good uptime with them and performance is good, but dont expect too much support. Took them like 2-3 months to fix my VM not working with their control panel.

• @drizbo said:
    I have very good uptime with them and performance is good, but dont expect too much support. Took them like 2-3 months to fix my VM not working with their control panel.

unacceptable for me, you are a good man.

• @brueggus said:

@safiedin said: How is your experience with Hosthatch?

Their services are fine as long as they're up and running but it's not uncommon to wait weeks or even months for a ticket response. They'll get back to you eventually.

isnt that terrible? maybe wait for another month to get my vps activated eh.

• @LTniger said:
    Paid? Not received service? Support ignorant? If all checks -> instantiate chargeback.

/thread

will do that sir

• drizbodrizbo Member

@safiedin said: you are a good man.

I am not

• Everyone is deadpooling this year it seems.

Thanked by 1claudio
  • deqideqi Member

my services with them are still strong, if they're up. usally most of the time they are

• If you can't wait more than "10 hours" for a ticket reply, on a service that hasn't been even
    active yet and you are spamming 3 tickets as if your multi-million production was down, get
    a more expensive provider such as Vultr/DO with actual 24/7 support and a working phone
    number to check your order status in realtime.

• safiedinsafiedin Member
    edited July 2022

@luckypenguin said:
    If you can't wait more than "10 hours" for a ticket reply, on a service that hasn't been even
    active yet and you are spamming 3 tickets as if your multi-million production was down, get
    a more expensive provider such as Vultr/DO with actual 24/7 support and a working phone
    number to check your order status in realtime.

the ticket has been silent for 3 days sir, 10 hours was from MY last message which i kept asking for an update

yes I do have DO, and Vultr too but was thinking to have a go at other hoster for my upcoming project

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @deqi said:
    my services with them are still strong, if they're up. usally most of the time they are

its not matter of uptime, its a matter of turning ON the actual vps this time (it hasnt been create although payment gone through 3 days ago)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

From the top off my head there are two other options:

• NexusBytes - the caveat is that they've drifted kind of unconscious in the water for months. Now though @Jord, a well respected LET member/mod, has grabbed the steering wheel and is bringing it back to good form. Their hardware always was (and still is, it seems) between good and great.
    • Contabo - the caveat there is that some here at LET dislike them and accuse them of overselling. I'm recommending them without worries though as (a) you get a lot for the money, (b) their hardware is solid, and (c) they're a really large provider and extremely unlikely to suddenly drop unresponsive or dead.

Right now in the current situation I'd pick Contabo.

• @jsg said:
    From the top off my head there are two other options:

• NexusBytes - the caveat is that they've drifted kind of unconscious in the water for months. Now though @Jord, a well respected LET member/mod, has grabbed the steering wheel and is bringing it back to good form. Their hardware always was (and still is, it seems) between good and great.
    • Contabo - the caveat there is that some here at LET dislike them and accuse them of overselling. I'm recommending them without worries though as (a) you get a lot for the money, (b) their hardware is solid, and (c) they're a really large provider and extremely unlikely to suddenly drop unresponsive or dead.

Right now in the current situation I'd pick Contabo.

i thank you for the recommendation

• plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited July 2022

@safiedin said:
    I have been trying to get a good reliable VPS in singapore. After 2 weeks of researching I decided to try out Hosthatch, and see that many LET users here have positive feedback on them as well.

Are you sure you did your "research" on HostHatch on LET? If yes, you would not have been surprised with the outcome.

I honestly don't think you did any research whatsoever... or even cared to read any of the posts...

Plus. With any provider, creating multiple tickets does not help. You need to have patience.

PS. Their support is not the best. If that is what you care for they are not the right provider for you. Services are great overall...

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

OP will be banned from HostHatch.

• @plumberg said:

@safiedin said:

Are you sure you did your "research" on HostHatch on LET? If yes, you would not have been surprised with the outcome.

I honestly don't think you did any research whatsoever... or even cared to read any of the posts...

Plus. With any provider, creating multiple tickets does not help. You need to have patience.

PS. Their support is not the best. If that is what you care for they are not the right provider for you. Services are great overall...

i do read some of the negative feedbacks, but in a way I wasnt really asking for a support. I am still at the very baby step of paying them and ask to turn on the vps for me. is that too difficult do you think?

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@plumberg said:

@safiedin said:

The part in bold- I am inclined to agree with.

Lowest Price was the research - since OP obviously missed out on the providers Green, Shock, W24.

OP, Your best best bet is DO, Vultr and better yet- SSDNodes. Best wishes.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @vyas11 said:

@plumberg said:

@safiedin said:

The part in bold- I am inclined to agree with.

Lowest Price was the research - since OP obviously missed out on the providers Green, Shock, W24.

OP, Your best best bet is DO, Vultr and better yet- SSDNodes. Best wishes.

low price for the win, thank you for the recommendation

• @safiedin said:
    >

i do read some of the negative feedbacks, but in a way I wasnt really asking for a support. I am still at the very baby step of paying them and ask to turn on the vps for me. is that too difficult do you think?

So maybe you have a different understanding.. if you create a ticket with a provider you are seeking "support"... albeit not in the traditional technical way...

Question is not whether it's easy or difficult. All we are trying to say.... if you need help in any Form from HostHatch you should not expect immediate response (I have several services with them, and only couple times their responses have been delayed. But average couple of hours is the max I had to wait before they responded and resolved)

None the less, whichever provider you choose, please please please keep multiple copies of your data in safe accessible backups.

Also, I am sure there is a cancelation policy from HostHatch. If this is not acceptable, please pursue termination and find another host.

There is an ocean of providers. It's difficult to find best provider with good support, reliable services and cheap at the same time.

Good luck 👍 and peace ✌️

• drizbodrizbo Member

24/7 support btw

Thanked by 3nick_ equalz BingoBongo
  • @drizbo said:
    24/7 support btw

Over the years I have learned that this claim typically means a simple acknowledgement of the issue at hand BUT no guaranteed resolution.

But at the same time, they don't clearly say that support policy applies to LET users also 🙄

• @plumberg said:

@safiedin said:
    >

So maybe you have a different understanding.. if you create a ticket with a provider you are seeking "support"... albeit not in the traditional technical way...

Question is not whether it's easy or difficult. All we are trying to say.... if you need help in any Form from HostHatch you should not expect immediate response (I have several services with them, and only couple times their responses have been delayed. But average couple of hours is the max I had to wait before they responded and resolved)

None the less, whichever provider you choose, please please please keep multiple copies of your data in safe accessible backups.

Also, I am sure there is a cancelation policy from HostHatch. If this is not acceptable, please pursue termination and find another host.

There is an ocean of providers. It's difficult to find best provider with good support, reliable services and cheap at the same time.

Good luck 👍 and peace ✌️

thanks alot for the advice

Thanked by 1Server
  • @drizbo said:
    24/7 support btw

thanks for the reminder LOL

• _MS__MS_ Member

Virtual Server Will Not Be Purchased.

• ticket will not be answered immediately.

• i4P1i4P1 Member

10$ Will Be Charged

• Thank you OP.

I was starting to wonder if their regular support queue for standard priced vps was working like any normal provider.

I don't expect anything like that kind of response time from my bargain basement deals I'm happily hoarding.

I hope hosthatch is doing well and this is just an anomalous one-off thing.

Or maybe the payment processor screwed up some little details.

• equalzequalz Member

hosthatch will ignore work order