Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to cPanel

Dears,
I'm Luca from C1V.

After the thread about alternative to WHMCS, I am also looking for any valid alternative to cPanel (maybe cheaper), with a way to move our current cPanel customers to it.
Do you know any cPanel alternative?

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

DirectAdmin ?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @Arkas said:
    DirectAdmin ?

As I know they are raising their prices. Is that right?
    Also, can I move my customers from cPanel to DirectAdmin like with a migration plugin?

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited July 2022

@c1vhosting said: As I know they are raising their prices. Is that right?
    Also, can I move my customers from cPanel to DirectAdmin like with a migration plugin?

Yes, it's discussed here:

Yes, you can migrate Cpanel accounts to DA.

• @Arkas said:

It would cost the same to cPanel. Is there any cheaper solution?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

It's not the same cost, it's still cheaper.
    You might want to check on open source control panels, depending on what type of hosting you are providing.
    As a stand alone CP you could try HestiaCP
    There are quiet a few options that are FOSS

Thanked by 2c1vhosting kdh
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Arkas said:

Wrong.

All DA did was stop new sales of internal licenses. The retail price is still the same and includes unlimited accounts.

A cpanel license with 100 accounts is $45/m or more, where as DA is coming in at $29/month wit pro pack.

Cpanel will hike rates again later this year.

Francisco

Thanked by 2c1vhosting Zyra
  • JorboxJorbox Member

You will find a lot of control panels but there is only one cPanel, you cannot find its features in any other panel, but I recommend to move on with good options like Hestiacp its really solid panel

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Francisco said: Wrong.

All DA did was stop new sales of internal licenses. The retail price is still the same and includes unlimited accounts.

Well the Personal license doesn't come with the pro pack and updates will discontinue in 8/2023, meaning If you want updates, you move to the Personal Plus, going from $2/month to $5/month. That's quiet the price increase, that's all I meant. :smile:

2022-07-19-08-34

• LeviLevi Member

There is also interworx. But it may be dead in the watter. There is also panel written in ruby, can't remember the name, but guy here was active once. Dono why it went silent

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Hestiacp and Fastpanel you can try

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@c1vhosting said: It would cost the same to cPanel. Is there any cheaper solution?

How many accounts are you hosting per server?

If it is less than a 100 accounts, I would still recommend cPanel. A couple hundreds, you then have the choice of DirectAdmin or cPanel, based on your target audience.

There are ApisCP, ISPConfig, Virtualmin, too. Unfortunately, there aren't many control panels in the industry if you like cPanel.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

DirectAdmin, especially if you are using a VPS.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2022

Cpanel will hike rates again later this year.

Exactly the same as DirectAdmin as they are not immune from price hikes now, gained the share market and can do what ever they wish!!! So don’t need to have myths about that DirectAdmin prices stay the same.

Plesk as option possible to find Host Unlimited version cheaper than DA PRO what ever version.

• emghemgh Member

@Arkas said:

@Francisco said: Wrong.

Well the Personal license doesn't come with the pro pack and updates will discontinue in 8/2023, meaning If you want updates, you move to the Personal Plus, going from $2/month to $5/month. That's quiet the price increase, that's all I meant. :smile:

2022-07-19-08-34

Updates will stop or it won’t be possible to buy anymore?

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited July 2022

Yes, updates will be discontinued for Personal licenses after 8/2023.
    I believe they will stop selling it, I had an email from them, forgot in which of my email accounts, but it's covered HERE

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @MechanicWeb said:
    If it is less than a 100 accounts

Yes; it is.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@WebProject said: Plesk as option possible to find Host Unlimited version cheaper than DA PRO what ever version.

I am wondering why people don't talk more about Plesk. Unlike HestiaCP and similar hosting control panels which are suitable for private use only it seems like a nice and cheaper professional alternative to the cPanel and DirectAdmin.
    It's not all that perfect as it's owned by Oakley Capital and we know how it went with their cPanel price hiking but apart from that worth a discussion.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Mumbly said: I am wondering why people don't talk more about Plesk

Plesk is considerably more expensive than DA

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Arkas said:

@Mumbly said: I am wondering why people don't talk more about Plesk

Plesk is considerably more expensive than DA

For dedicated server yes, agreed, as for VPS servers you are required to shop around as cheaper than $29 per month!

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@c1vhosting said:
    Dears,
    I'm Luca from C1V.

After the thread about alternative to WHMCS, I am also looking for any valid alternative to cPanel (maybe cheaper), with a way to move our current cPanel customers to it.
    Do you know any cPanel alternative?

Need for C1V ?

• When it comes to selling hosting services, I feel it's more about which control panel will your end user accept.

I think at this point clients will only accept cpanel and DA. I have not yet seen anyone selling shared hosting with any other control panel.

• @dotcomUNDERGROUND said:
    I think at this point clients will only accept cpanel and DA. I have not yet seen anyone selling shared hosting with any other control panel.

I'd add Plesk to this list. Have seen it less often than cPanel and DA, but here and there you can find it and it's prem enough to be in line with them imo.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Try https://www.ispmanager.com/price
    It's cheap, reliable and effective: €15 per month

Thanked by 1akwden
  • upmindupmind Member

Check out enhance.com

• you can use Directadmin,plesk,CWP & interworks...

• @Jorbox said:
    You will find a lot of control panels but there is only one cPanel, you cannot find its features in any other panel, but I recommend to move on with good options like Hestiacp its really solid panel

Don't say BS. If you want to be a good provider. Use paid control panels. DirectAdmin is the right direction. Unless you want to say "Hey we use free control panels" and charge more than usual and high quality providers. That offers the same price with DirectAdmin or cPanel.

In last case ISPManager.
    HestiaCP only to start, just only. How you will migrate cPanel users to HestiaCP?

• I think we'll go for DirectAdmin. Thank you!

• Here is a list of cPanel alternatives:

Plesk.
    Webmin.
    Froxlor.
    CentOS Web Panel.
    Zpanel.
    Ajenti.
    Vesta Control Panel.
    ISPConfig.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @ITivan80 said:
    Here is a list of cPanel alternatives:

Plesk.
    Webmin.
    Froxlor.
    CentOS Web Panel.
    Zpanel.
    Ajenti.
    Vesta Control Panel.
    ISPConfig.

The only acceptable there is Plesk. People doesn't realize that hosting company needs to have a good control panel with support and ticket. And not a open source control panel when it will have a bug who will fix that? You!?

Good luck.

• @ITivan80 said:
    Here is a list of cPanel alternatives:

Plesk.
    Webmin.
    Froxlor.
    CentOS Web Panel.
    Zpanel.
    Ajenti.
    Vesta Control Panel.
    ISPConfig.

You forgot KeyHelp, they're backed by a company and they have a good active community.