Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to cPanel - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to cPanel

Comments

• @JamieBeeston said: It really couldn’t be simpler, however if you install it and try it out (free for 60 days!) and can find ways you think we could make it even simpler, let us know and we’ll look at changing it. We really are developing this for the customers!

Do you have a pubic feedback portal to add suggestions there ?

I try it for a few hours and I like it, ofc it need some more work but its still new and wish you luck.

• Hi,

Just drop your comments in a ticket to [email protected], the dev team view them directly and can reply back in very intricate detail where needed.

I’m very glad you’re enjoying it, and we always welcome feedback.

If you drop me a PM with your username I’ll ensure you get added to my account.

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

@vero said: This "sale" is lasting for 2 years already.

ApisCP is good, professionally crafted product and sometimes I find it even easier to manage than other panels, but it's not (and doubt will ever be) for everyone. Also takes some time to get used to it.

Yeah. The reseller module has been TBD for awhile now...

• jhjh Member
    edited August 2022

I’m very happy with InterWorx.

Does anyone remember the control panel that looks like crap but does everything, written in C++? It wasn’t free but reasonably priced.

• @JamieBeeston said:

The RAM requirements are being drastically reduced, and worked on further to reduce them more over time, we very much have the VPS market in mind so are actively developing to maximise simplicity and desirability for the solo VPS user / host.

Just out of curiosity, exactly what requires that insane amount of RAM?
    Most of my VPS's run on 2 or 4GB RAM, I can not for the life of me grasp why a webinterface would require 8GB.

• We use ISPmanager @ 5eur/month
    It supports NGINX, Apache, OLS and NodeJS

Most of clients are coming from cpanel. Most of them only use filemanager and phpmyadmin.

The company also has a good support response time.

For clients that wants a free panel but wants filemanager and phpmyadmin we give them virtualmin.

Soon we will try Directadmin, to offer another alternative for our clients.

• JamieBeestonJamieBeeston Member
    edited August 2022

@rcy026 said:

@JamieBeeston said:

The RAM requirements are being drastically reduced, and worked on further to reduce them more over time, we very much have the VPS market in mind so are actively developing to maximise simplicity and desirability for the solo VPS user / host.

Most of my VPS's run on 2 or 4GB RAM, I can not for the life of me grasp why a webinterface would require 8GB.

Hi, The guys are working on an officially 4GB version which should be released within the next few weeks, obviously 4GB is the official recommendation, however those not needing to host dozens of websites should unofficially be able to run without issue on 2GB.

Each website runs in its own docker container for isolation and to allow customisation (ie different PHP versions) which came with an overhead, however our talented developers have worked around this now, hence the new release shortly.

Please remember enhance isn't a just a web interface, its a DB Server, DNS Server, Backup Server, Control Panel Server and Web Server, with the option to seamlessly scale out horizontally at any time, and to distribute (and horizontally expand) any of those services over dozens, hundreds or thousands of VPS/Tin/Cloud/Hybrid servers.

It also makes for an awesome Standalone Control Panel, and all of that starts at only $5 a month, regardless of the number of servers you have in your estate.

We do appreciate your feedback and believe me, we fully understand the needs of the VPS community and are constantly looking for ways to reduce the resource requirements for just that reason.

We put out new releases with new features every 2-3 weeks, check out our roadmap for an Idea of what's coming up.

I do appreciate your feedback and it is always taken on board so thanks :smile:

• @CentrioHost said:
    Does Enhance support NODEJS hosting? Multiphp supported?

Hi CentrioHost,

Node.js is not currently supported however I'm happy to say it will be added to our RoadMap soon :)

As for PHP, Currently 5.6, 7.4, 8.1 but we're adding 7.3, 8.0 and more soon.

If you follow us on twitter @enhancecp, we're regularly posting about new upcoming features, and we always listen to the community.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@Arkas said:

@JamieBeeston said: It will happily run on a single VPS or a cluster of 1,000 VPSs all under the same single $5 license.

I agree, but for someone that just wants a CP for their own VPS, the entire software is too heavy and too complicated for this use case. I'm just saying you have a gigantic market If you were to offer a 'simplified' version for personal VPS.

In those cases where someone is not concerned about growing or scaling out, and just wants a bit of a webui for their vps: tinycp (https://tinycp.com/ ...dunno how active that still is) or hestia (https://www.hestiacp.com/) would also be something to look at

Then there is also the good old, well documented ISPconfig thing. Wich has the benefit of a ton of howtos and a lot of people being familiar with it, so its easy to get help: https://www.ispconfig.org/

• @JamieBeeston said:

@rcy026 said:

@JamieBeeston said:

Hi, The guys are working on an officially 4GB version which should be released within the next few weeks, obviously 4GB is the official recommendation, however those not needing to host dozens of websites should unofficially be able to run without issue on 2GB.

Each website runs in its own docker container for isolation and to allow customisation (ie different PHP versions) which came with an overhead, however our talented developers have worked around this now, hence the new release shortly.

Please remember enhance isn't a just a web interface, its a DB Server, DNS Server, Backup Server, Control Panel Server and Web Server, with the option to seamlessly scale out horizontally at any time, and to distribute (and horizontally expand) any of those services over dozens, hundreds or thousands of VPS/Tin/Cloud/Hybrid servers.

It also makes for an awesome Standalone Control Panel, and all of that starts at only $5 a month, regardless of the number of servers you have in your estate.

We do appreciate your feedback and believe me, we fully understand the needs of the VPS community and are constantly looking for ways to reduce the resource requirements for just that reason.

We put out new releases with new features every 2-3 weeks, check out our roadmap for an Idea of what's coming up.

I do appreciate your feedback and it is always taken on board so thanks :smile:

What you are saying makes sense, it's just not my usercase at all so I did not look at it that way.
    I would never run a dns, db, backup or mail service on a webserver, in my world a server has one task and that is what it should do, nothing else.
    If you run everything on one node then the requirements make a bit more sense, but I would never do that.

But lets say I would like to use enhance on a webserver, and only use it as a webserver. Is it possible to make it not install all the other bloat, or is it a single package no matter what parts you are using? If it is possible, would that lower the system requirements?

• Hi rcy026,

Sure you don’t need to enable any services you don’t want,

Ie a server can be web only, or DNS only, or DNS and MySQL only, you can have 4 DNS servers, 3 MySQL servers and no web server if you wish, it’s fully mix and match.

You can then tell website A to use Web server 1, mysql server 2, but If you then need to change as Web server 1 gets loaded, you can live migrate the web to Web Server 2 without interrupting anything else.

The system requirements are set based on typical use,

If you’re using a very light service then you’ll be able to run on a lower spec, we just officially recommend 8GB for now and 4GB once the “Lightweight PHP containerisation” feature is released, that’s not to say you couldn’t get it to work with 2GB if you have a low level of usage and disable services you don’t need, we just don’t currently officially recommend that.

In time we hope to be able to reduce the official recommendation down further.

I hope this helps you understand the trajectory we are on and that we truly understand the needs of our customers.

As always, any questions just ask ;)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@JamieBeeston said: we just officially recommend 8GB for now

That right there is a serious problem and would benefit from a VPS/non host only version.

• JamieBeestonJamieBeeston Member
    edited August 2022

@Arkas said:

@JamieBeeston said: we just officially recommend 8GB for now

That right there is a serious problem and would benefit from a VPS/non host only version.

Hi Arkas,

Which is exactly why our next major release is due In the next few weeks which will officially be 4GB but for light users should be ok with 2GB :)

Thanks for the feedback, we always appreciate it!

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @sandoz said:

@Jorbox said:
    You will find a lot of control panels but there is only one cPanel, you cannot find its features in any other panel, but I recommend to move on with good options like Hestiacp its really solid panel

Don't say BS. If you want to be a good provider. Use paid control panels. DirectAdmin is the right direction. Unless you want to say "Hey we use free control panels" and charge more than usual and high quality providers. That offers the same price with DirectAdmin or cPanel.

In last case ISPManager.
    HestiaCP only to start, just only. How you will migrate cPanel users to HestiaCP?

I said there is nothing like cPanel so you know that I only use cPanel but for personal projects I use HestiaCP without problems

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@JamieBeeston said:

@upmind said:
    Check out enhance.com

Thanks for the shout out :)

Hi,

Jamie from Enhance here.

Do check out our roadmap too :)

We release every 2-3 weeks and are very actively developed. We listen to the community and where there is enough demand, it goes on the roadmap!

Hello,

Checked your roadmap. I'll switch everything to enhance if OLS/LiteSpeed Enterprise has been integrated :)

• @JamieBeeston said:
    Hi,

You’re correct about it being too heavy, that’s why the heaviness is being addressed in the next release and is on the roadmap.

As for the complexity, well if you’re not clustering there is no complexity. It’s simply a single panel with all services on a single server, so you just install, then create a user and then that user creates websites.

It’s a single line install command!

It really couldn’t be simpler, however if you install it and try it out (free for 60 days!) and can find ways you think we could make it even simpler, let us know and we’ll look at changing it. We really are developing this for the customers!

can we use it for Free hosting ?
    any sign up page without getting in to other billing software ?

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Hello,

Checked your roadmap. I'll switch everything to enhance if OLS/LiteSpeed Enterprise has been integrated :)

:) keep your eyes peeled then, we expect litespeed to be in the next major release :)

We look forward to having you on board :)

• @mad_4u said:

can we use it for Free hosting ?
    any sign up page without getting in to other billing software ?

Hi,

There is a minimum charge of $5 per month (plus VAT)

Do drop me a message if you have any specific queries.

• cplicensenetcplicensenet Member, Patron Provider

CyberPanel will be an option too https://cyberpanel.net/

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@Jamie_DreamIT said:

@vero said: This "sale" is lasting for 2 years already.

ApisCP is good, professionally crafted product and sometimes I find it even easier to manage than other panels, but it's not (and doubt will ever be) for everyone. Also takes some time to get used to it.

Yeah. The reseller module has been TBD for awhile now...

WIP. There are accessory components - think creature comforts - that address immediate concerns. I just put out a release with 100+ changes as well as setup a feedback board to offload some of these cognitive burdens.

It's getting there. Give it time to grow from the inside out.

Thanked by 1fbmy
  • naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

@JamieBeeston said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Hello,

:) keep your eyes peeled then, we expect litespeed to be in the next major release :)

Seems like the release has been postponed a bit

• @naranjatech said:

@JamieBeeston said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

Hello,

Seems like the release has been postponed a bit

Hi,

Yes, the team has been working hard on getting this release right and solid.

It’s due before the end of this month, much better to be solid than rushed out!

Keep an eye on twitter for more regular updates @enhancecp

Cheers ;)

• @FatGrizzly said:

@ericls said:
    keyhelp is very concise and reliable

:(
    https://imgur.com/qnohsLD

If server admin is looking at this, here's the ray id.

73f412c8690a9b33

Cloudflare thinks you're a spammer,

• Now with Openlitespeed launched and released it can be the best 3rd option for paid control panel for web hostings and a good cheap alternative to cPanel

Just check their Roadmap, this is a good control panel and new features is coming soon. If you want cheap alternative there is:
    https://www.ispmanager.com/changelog

Of course for me, the best alternative to cPanel or close to cPanel is DirectAdmin.
    If you can afford go with DirectAdmin for sure.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@niranjan said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@ericls said:
    keyhelp is very concise and reliable

:(
    https://imgur.com/qnohsLD

If server admin is looking at this, here's the ray id.

73f412c8690a9b33

Cloudflare thinks you're a spammer,

No?

Thats a block issued by some firewall rule which owner has setup.

Probably wanted to restrict to only DE.

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

@JamieBeeston said:

Looks good, but you should add a free tier plan with limitation to host 2-5 websites. That will encourage more people like me to use enhance panel and upgrade to paid plan.

Also paid plans should start from $2/month like DirectAdmin personal plan.

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your comments, Enhance is a premium product and we feel the pricing compared to cPanel provides excellent value for the community.

Give us a try free for 60 days and let me know what you think :)

we came across this a while back, but you didn't have alot of history. To invest into a product with not much history is a risk. Had a look at you roadmap looks good if you manage to get this done post November

Thanked by 1JamieBeeston
  • @CoastHosting said:

@JamieBeeston said:

Looks good, but you should add a free tier plan with limitation to host 2-5 websites. That will encourage more people like me to use enhance panel and upgrade to paid plan.

Also paid plans should start from $2/month like DirectAdmin personal plan.

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your comments, Enhance is a premium product and we feel the pricing compared to cPanel provides excellent value for the community.

Give us a try free for 60 days and let me know what you think :)

we came across this a while back, but you didn't have alot of history. To invest into a product with not much history is a risk. Had a look at you roadmap looks good if you manage to get this done post November

Hi CoastHosting,

Every month we are making new releases. Adding more features and listening to the feedback and feature requests from our current and future customers.

History comes with time, and as you note, we’ve a very active roadmap and so much more planned that’s not even on the roadmap yet.

Just keep checking back in and maybe even try our 60 day free trial. We’re always happy to have a zoom call to demo / talk anyone over the features and plans as well.

• @nem said:
    WIP. There are accessory components - think creature comforts - that address immediate concerns. I just put out a release with 100+ changes as well as setup a feedback board to offload some of these cognitive burdens.

It's getting there. Give it time to grow from the inside out.

Do you plan to add the Spanish language?

• Requirements 8GB ram is too much.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@HostingINN said:
    Requirements 8GB ram is too much.

2 GB is the requirement. See docs.apiscp.com.

@shileno said: Do you plan to add the Spanish language?

No translation work is scheduled, tentatively, until the second half of 2023.

Thanked by 1shileno