Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to cPanel - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to cPanel

Comments

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@ITivan80 said:
    Here is a list of cPanel alternatives:

Plesk.
    Webmin.
    Froxlor.
    CentOS Web Panel.
    Zpanel.
    Ajenti.
    Vesta Control Panel.
    ISPConfig.

CentOS webpanel is one of the worst panels i have ever used. There are a lot of bugs and issues with it.

P.S: I was using the PRO(paid) version.

Thanked by 2WebProject kdh
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

keyhelp is very concise and reliable

• centos CWP has nice security features. what panel comes better in that category?

@ericls said:

:(
    https://imgur.com/qnohsLD

If server admin is looking at this, here's the ray id.

73f412c8690a9b33

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

If you dont need a gimmick like "softlicious installer" and are willing to spend some time on tailoring it to your/your clients needs, then apiscp is a superb solution.

Thanked by 3FatGrizzly fbmy kdh
    edited August 2022

@SGraf said:
    If you dont need a gimmick like "softlicious installer" and are willing to spend some time on tailoring it to your/your clients needs, then apiscp is a superb solution.

or just add a button to https://remote.softaculous.com/

or get a softaculous license and install https://www.softaculous.com/docs/admin/softaculous-remote/ and tailor it to the panel.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@FatGrizzly said:

@SGraf said:

or just add a button to https://remote.softaculous.com/

or get a softaculous license and install https://www.softaculous.com/docs/admin/softaculous-remote/ and tailor it to the panel.

that would be part what i meant by "tailoring it to your clients needs" kind of thing.

Alternativly one could also develop profiles/auto-installer scripts for the built in auto-installer in apiscp....

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

For VPS you can try InterWorx. Price on their website is just $7.5/mo for VPS(4 vCPU max).

Another option is Webuzo.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

@DewlanceVPS said:
    For VPS you can try InterWorx. Price on their website is just $7.5/mo for VPS(4 vCPU max).

How did we forget this one?
    That's actually decent and most likely cheapest pro control panel suggestion (if you don't require NodeJS, Ruby on Rails and server-side Java support) as license include unlimited number of user accounts, support reseller accounts, and so on...
    It sucks that it does not support Debian, but that's the same with cPanel.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited August 2022

@FatGrizzly said:

@ericls said:

73f412c8690a9b33

@FatGrizzly said:

@ericls said:

73f412c8690a9b33

That's a Cloudflare error on https://www.keyweb.de/. Hosting Biz URL. Keyhelp web panel. URL is the following https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • @upmind said:
    Check out enhance.com

Thanks for the shout out :)

Hi,

Jamie from Enhance here.

Do check out our roadmap too :)

We release every 2-3 weeks and are very actively developed. We listen to the community and where there is enough demand, it goes on the roadmap!

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Been using Virtualmin+Webmin for years now. They're a beast combo, no doubt.

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • @JamieBeeston said:

@upmind said:
    Check out enhance.com

Hi,

Jamie from Enhance here.

We release every 2-3 weeks and are very actively developed. We listen to the community and where there is enough demand, it goes on the roadmap!

Can we backup to Wasabi or BackBlaze ?

Thanked by 1JamieBeeston
  • Ciao Luca, im italian too! For experience plesk and cyberpanel are the best

• Can we backup to Wasabi or BackBlaze ?

Hi Adilov,

We have S3 backup target on our roadmap for November, which means any other service with an S3 compatible API (like Backblaze) will be able to use it :)

Hope that helps.

• JamieBeestonJamieBeeston Member
    edited August 2022

Dupe

• Throwing in ApisCP into the ring.

https://apiscp.com/

Their lifetime licenses are currently 50% off on the home page.

🎉 ApisCP turned 19 December 26! 🎉 Save 50% on all lifetime licenses with code ANNIVERSARY. Expires when reseller module releases (TBD).

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@BlueSquares said:
    Throwing in ApisCP into the ring.

Their lifetime licenses are currently 50% off on the home page.

🎉 ApisCP turned 19 December 26! 🎉 Save 50% on all lifetime licenses with code ANNIVERSARY. Expires when reseller module releases (TBD).

This "sale" is lasting for 2 years already.

ApisCP is good, professionally crafted product and sometimes I find it even easier to manage than other panels, but it's not (and doubt will ever be) for everyone. Also takes some time to get used to it.

Thanked by 1BlueSquares
  • vingohostvingohost Member, Host Rep

I like Cyberpanel and Directadmin. They are pretty good but not all the customers are familiar with these panels and their UI. Most customers will prefer cPanel.

• aapanel: alternative to cyberpanel for having support to OLS (if i want to have wp with lscache),

cyberpanel: i like how we can manage docker easily from the panel,

questions regarding apiscp: is it a one man show developer?

• raviravi Member
    edited August 2022

@JamieBeeston said:

Hi,

Jamie from Enhance here.

Looks good, but you should add a free tier plan with limitation to host 2-5 websites. That will encourage more people like me to use enhance panel and upgrade to paid plan.

Also paid plans should start from $2/month like DirectAdmin personal plan.

• Looks good, but you should add a free tier plan with limitation to host 2-5 websites. That will encourage more people like me to use enhance panel and upgrade to paid plan.

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your comments, Enhance is a premium product and we feel the pricing compared to cPanel provides excellent value for the community.

Give us a try free for 60 days and let me know what you think :)

• @JamieBeeston said:

Looks good, but you should add a free tier plan with limitation to host 2-5 websites. That will encourage more people like me to use enhance panel and upgrade to paid plan.

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your comments, Enhance is a premium product and we feel the pricing compared to cPanel provides excellent value for the community.

You need 8 GB of ram, isn't it for VPS?

edited August 2022

You need 8 GB of ram, isn't it for VPS?

Hi Comeback,

VPS is one use of it, However this is so much more than a VPS control panel.

Hosting companies looking to offer thousands or tens of thousands of accounts over dozens or hundreds of servers (these can be tin, VPS or cloud) all added in with one single command line on a fresh OS install. Enhance operates over unlimited servers and allows you to split services (email, DNS, Backup, Web etc) for each Site over different servers, and live migrate sites between these, all from one single control panel and under one single license starting at $5 a month

Have a look around the website and it will explain more.

If you check our roadmap here, you'll be pleased to see that this month we will be releasing our Lightweight PHP containerisation update which massively reduces the amount of RAM needed for install.

Follow us on twitter @enhancecp for regular updates on our exciting developments.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited August 2022

@JamieBeeston Why not make a stand alone CP based on the total solution but targeting VPS users that are not hosts?

Thanked by 1adilolv
  • @JamieBeeston said:

Hi Ravi,

Does Enhance support NODEJS hosting? Multiphp supported?

• @Arkas said:
    @JamieBeeston Why not make a stand alone CP based on the total solution but targeting VPS users that are not hosts?

+1 from me.

edited August 2022

@Arkas said:

Hi Arkas and adilolv,

Enhance is entirely standalone if you want it to be, it simply has the capability to scale out seamlessly if you ever want it to.

It will happily run on a single VPS or a cluster of 1,000 VPSs all under the same single $5 license.

Happy to arrange demos or answer more questions if you have them :)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@JamieBeeston said: It will happily run on a single VPS or a cluster of 1,000 VPSs all under the same single $5 license.

I agree, but for someone that just wants a CP for their own VPS, the entire software is too heavy and too complicated for this use case. I'm just saying you have a gigantic market If you were to offer a 'simplified' version for personal VPS.

• Hi,

You’re correct about it being too heavy, that’s why the heaviness is being addressed in the next release and is on the roadmap.

The RAM requirements are being drastically reduced, and worked on further to reduce them more over time, we very much have the VPS market in mind so are actively developing to maximise simplicity and desirability for the solo VPS user / host.

As for the complexity, well if you’re not clustering there is no complexity. It’s simply a single panel with all services on a single server, so you just install, then create a user and then that user creates websites.

It’s a single line install command!

It really couldn’t be simpler, however if you install it and try it out (free for 60 days!) and can find ways you think we could make it even simpler, let us know and we’ll look at changing it. We really are developing this for the customers!

Thanked by 1Arkas